Author Topic: Last Resort AB - The Thread.  (Read 187386 times)

thehogsniper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 47
Re: Last Resort AB - The Thread.
« Reply #1470 on: June 30, 2023, 07:07:04 AM »
Expand Quote
i have the blue suede two toned high tops and love them, but i saw the black milics in the wild and they looked bizarre imo

the contrast between the two materials is too much, like the suede part is very matte and dull (in a good way) and the leather part is so shiny it looks weird together

[close]

Thats the adidas samba color scheme (save for the gum sole)
That's the one thing that's kind of bothered me with the cupsole, it's at the pricepoint of the sambas but the shape of the toe cap seems like it drive me crazy.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1156
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1471 on: July 02, 2023, 08:43:44 AM »
Expand Quote

Just picked up the new LRAB cups, shout out to Kingswell. Crazy how comfortable they are. Ugly as fucking hell.
[close]

These are size 12 which is what I wear in VM001-2-3 so it's been relatively consistent for me. However, they're definitely slightly snugger than the rest of the line, so some of y'all may need to size up if you're borderline. Visually they look a little funky on foot like they're a little puffier? Haven't placed it yet. To the earlier question, I think visually they look like a wider toe box, but I don't know if that's actually true, the proportions just make it seem that way. Tbh I think the VM003 has the most space in the toe/widest toe box.

Excited to skate them for sure.

Update: after the first session the toe cap is tearing on me pretty bad. It ends right where I ollie and the suede is super soft so I’m worried they may not make it through the month which is a bit of a bummer. I’m going to superglue the stitching and maybe reinforce with some shoe goo right where my Ollie’s hit. I’ve had this issue with other shoes like accells so I’m not totally surprised but I’ll probably just stick with VM001/VM003 after this. The benefit of VM001 to me is that the toe is just all suede and is super durable. No stitching or layers to tear. I’m going to put another session on them today so I’ll post some update photos.

White Owl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 10
« Reply #1472 on: July 02, 2023, 09:24:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Just picked up the new LRAB cups, shout out to Kingswell. Crazy how comfortable they are. Ugly as fucking hell.
[close]

These are size 12 which is what I wear in VM001-2-3 so it's been relatively consistent for me. However, they're definitely slightly snugger than the rest of the line, so some of y'all may need to size up if you're borderline. Visually they look a little funky on foot like they're a little puffier? Haven't placed it yet. To the earlier question, I think visually they look like a wider toe box, but I don't know if that's actually true, the proportions just make it seem that way. Tbh I think the VM003 has the most space in the toe/widest toe box.

[close]

Update: after the first session the toe cap is tearing on me pretty bad. It ends right where I ollie and the suede is super soft so I’m worried they may not make it through the month which is a bit of a bummer. I’m going to superglue the stitching and maybe reinforce with some shoe goo right where my Ollie’s hit. I’ve had this issue with other shoes like accells so I’m not totally surprised but I’ll probably just stick with VM001/VM003 after this. The benefit of VM001 to me is that the toe is just all suede and is super durable. No stitching or layers to tear. I’m going to put another session on them today so I’ll post some update photos.

Yeah if you put a little bit of super glue on the stitching before it’s gone it’ll make them last 10x longer.

The toe cap ripping has been the only flaw with this shoe for me.

they need to make a vm001 with the cupsole. Would be the perfect skate shoe imo

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1473 on: July 04, 2023, 10:51:46 AM »
Didn’t realize they finally made a gum sole for this most recent drop, hypeddd!
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 89
« Reply #1474 on: July 04, 2023, 03:18:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah if you put a little bit of super glue on the stitching before it’s gone it’ll make them last 10x longer.

The toe cap ripping has been the only flaw with this shoe for me.

they need to make a vm001 with the cupsole. Would be the perfect skate shoe imo

Vm001 high dusty blue with cupsole is my dream

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 151
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 812
« Reply #1476 on: July 06, 2023, 12:27:15 AM »
http://www.villagepsychic.net/blog/last-resort
Good read, the black CM001's look way better on foot than empty..have a wedding coming up think I'll get some for it.

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #1477 on: July 06, 2023, 02:04:32 AM »
Yea, aside from jumping around topics, good lengthy read. Still want to try the. We insoles/cushioning.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #1478 on: July 06, 2023, 03:00:26 PM »
Haven't ventured to far into the world of vulc in the past couple of years. I figured since its summer and I'm skating more transition this season it would be ok to dabble. I've been getting a lot of shark bite so i wanted some mid/hi tops to help with that. Pulled the trigger during that Orchard sale and got a pair of Vm001 His in the old red color.
hyped to see whats up with them. They should show up tomorrow...

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1479 on: July 06, 2023, 03:48:20 PM »
now you gotta change the whole kit
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3361
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #1480 on: July 06, 2023, 04:59:23 PM »
Is this Li'l Waynes shoe company?

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #1481 on: July 06, 2023, 05:34:39 PM »

Nah in this day and age the kit is mixed. These gen z Foos wearing baggy 90s gear with LRABS or DC Lynx interchangeable no prob

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1482 on: July 06, 2023, 06:00:55 PM »
You’re telling me they won’t look good with jorts and a T?

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #1483 on: July 06, 2023, 08:07:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
nobody and i repeat nobody can make jorts look cool

take the board away from an adult in jorts and the illusion fades
cant recommend it but knock yourself out
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

gearcrisis

« Reply #1484 on: July 06, 2023, 08:22:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Expand Quote

[close]

oh yeah? i heard your dad likes em , he told me last night at the bbq when i did him a favor

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #1485 on: July 06, 2023, 10:51:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

oh yeah? i heard your dad likes em , he told me last night at the bbq when i did him a favor
hes pushing 60 and has zero sense of style, i bet he loves jorts
glad youre having more conversations with him than me
well…….not really. sorry for your loss(es)

edit: losses

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1486 on: July 07, 2023, 01:08:22 PM »

:-*

used mattress

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1487 on: July 07, 2023, 06:46:04 PM »

So that’s why they call it “gum sole”
Not in love with these haha

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #1488 on: July 07, 2023, 07:32:45 PM »
Fresh grip prob?

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 333
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #1489 on: July 07, 2023, 07:57:53 PM »
Fresh grip? Maybe. But their quality is often questionable

ldmch11

• Rep: -4
« Reply #1490 on: July 08, 2023, 05:32:30 AM »
i'm abroad right now, and i went into a local shop to see what kind of products they carry out here. i saw these on the shelf and decided to throw them on for shits and giggles.
i wasn't even trying to cop anything, but these shoes felt well-made and were mad comfortable. just walking around, they're some of the most comfortable skate shoes i've tried. so i ended up grabbing these.
sizing was weird though. i've had pairs of the vm001s and 002s, and i do a 1/2 size down from my normal size, and they fit good, albeit a little bit snug in the toe box.
for these cups, i went a full size up from my vm001 and 002 size. tts runs short lengthwise for me, didn't even try 1/2 size down. i could feel my toe just jamming into the front of the shoes when walking around. full size up fits well, a hair roomy in the toe box but pretty neligible. im gonna chill in these until i'm done skating my louies. these were priced lower than the milics here for some reason.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 08:58:38 AM by ldmch11 »

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #1491 on: July 08, 2023, 07:48:21 AM »

So that’s why they call it “gum sole”
Not in love with these haha

I have something similar to this on my Crockett hi’s, same spot.

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #1492 on: July 08, 2023, 08:40:21 AM »
that's some bumper coming off foxing situation, right?

used mattress

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1493 on: July 08, 2023, 10:04:22 AM »

Yeah, it’s peeling away from just a few minutes of skating. None of my other non-gum last resorts have done that

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #1494 on: July 08, 2023, 12:57:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah, it’s peeling away from just a few minutes of skating. None of my other non-gum last resorts have done that

brutal, wonder if a shop or lrab would take care of a situation like this or if it would fall into "normal wear & tear" territory

Twig88

« Reply #1495 on: July 14, 2023, 03:35:56 PM »
Trying to figure out the drop/upgrade situation with LR. I have a pair of VM001s from drop 8, I sized down more than any other shoe (US 8 in LR vs US 9 in Adidas / 9.5 in New Balance) and while they are snug, I really like them to skate in. However, the soles are going bald super fast. I'm very down for what the brand is doing so I'd like to stick with them, but trying to figure out several things.
- From which drop did they upgrade the rubber compound?
- From drop 10 they have the new insole, is the consensus half a size up from what you previously had for a similar fit?
- WTF is the sizing situation with the CM001? I'd like to them to homefully get some more sole durability, I would say my 'regular' size is probably US 9 but I have fairly narrow feet...

thehogsniper

• Rep: 47
« Reply #1496 on: July 14, 2023, 04:32:48 PM »
Trying to figure out the drop/upgrade situation with LR. I have a pair of VM001s from drop 8, I sized down more than any other shoe (US 8 in LR vs US 9 in Adidas / 9.5 in New Balance) and while they are snug, I really like them to skate in. However, the soles are going bald super fast. I'm very down for what the brand is doing so I'd like to stick with them, but trying to figure out several things.
- From drop 10 they have the new insole, is the consensus half a size up from what you previously had for a similar fit?
- WTF is the sizing situation with the CM001? I'd like to them to homefully get some more sole durability, I would say my 'regular' size is probably US 9 but I have fairly narrow feet...
Drop 8 is when the rubber compound was upgraded. Someone told me that previously it was size down for LR, after the 10th drop it went TTS, and now the cupsoles are half up. Honestly if you dip back a few pages you'll see the same issue with sole wear, and I've heard non-skaters are having similar issues with separation. 

Lurkey

• Rep: 16
  • LA fool
« Reply #1497 on: July 15, 2023, 06:06:32 AM »
Hows the grippiness of the outsole of the cupsole compared the vulc?

Twig88

« Reply #1498 on: July 19, 2023, 04:20:09 AM »
Expand Quote
- WTF is the sizing situation with the CM001? I'd like to them to hopefully get some more sole durability, I would say my 'regular' size is probably US 9 but I have fairly narrow feet...
[close]
Drop 8 is when the rubber compound was upgraded. Someone told me that previously it was size down for LR, after the 10th drop it went TTS, and now the cupsoles are half up. Honestly if you dip back a few pages you'll see the same issue with sole wear, and I've heard non-skaters are having similar issues with separation.

Appreciate it, thanks for the info. I would probably half-size up in my next pair then or go straight for cups, but I have nowhere local to try them on. I still really like the ones I have but the insoles are pretty horrible. They still seem to grip ok when they start going bald, it's not ideal, but they work for now. What do people mostly use to replace the old stock insoles that isn't too thick? Looking at grabbing a pair of G6 or something but then again, these might not last long enough to make that worthwhile.

pops

• Rep: 254
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1499 on: July 19, 2023, 05:25:50 AM »
I had two pairs of VM001 from the very first drops and they felt good in my normal size. Now I cant wear my pair of VM001 from drop 6. I love the hi tops but the sizing sucks for me.