Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8730920 times)

Tonyhawk-prostate and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

sus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #34680 on: September 12, 2019, 11:21:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Any pics of the Stevie Slim?
[close]

Really don't know why they don't make a Lynx Slim. Would undoubtedly sell better than a Legacy Slim or a Stevie Slim which they seem to be going in on pretty hard.

They did back in 2013/14. I was working in a DC store when this shoe released and it didn't sell too well.
They only started putting the welded material on the toe on the last few seasons this was out. The first renditions with just suede were bland to me.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #34681 on: September 12, 2019, 11:45:35 AM »
Wow fuuuuck no to those 2013 lynx slim lol
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Theeogbiing

• Rep: -2
  • Taught Bieber how to skate.
« Reply #34682 on: September 12, 2019, 12:03:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Really don't know why they don't make a Lynx Slim. Would undoubtedly sell better than a Legacy Slim or a Stevie Slim which they seem to be going in on pretty hard.
[close]

They did back in 2013/14. I was working in a DC store when this shoe released and it didn't sell too well.
They only started putting the welded material on the toe on the last few seasons this was out. The first renditions with just suede were bland to me.

Broke my ankle in those Lynx Slim, came down and the brick of a sole went sideways on me, whole side of my foot hit the floor. Then the sole completely came unglued and fell off, so in short, fuck that shoe.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 12:05:44 AM by Bubblegum Tate »
You ever suck 7 dicks at once? No? Me either then....

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #34683 on: September 12, 2019, 01:03:42 PM »

Is it just me or is this pretty much the only slim that has been done right? Nothing major, just a quiet slight slimming of the original. Fucking perfect.. If they did this to the Lynx, with the panels and the runner toe and the somewhat chunky looking sole too but just a little slimmer.. It's perfect for modern skateboarding.

Also, those white stevie slims look amazing. Goddamn.

Yeah finally someone made it right, how fucking hard was that.

Arto Saari

• Rep: 33
  • hasta la vista.. bear
« Reply #34684 on: September 12, 2019, 07:38:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Is it just me or is this pretty much the only slim that has been done right? Nothing major, just a quiet slight slimming of the original. Fucking perfect.. If they did this to the Lynx, with the panels and the runner toe and the somewhat chunky looking sole too but just a little slimmer.. It's perfect for modern skateboarding.

I will agree that this is the best example of a 'slim' variation on an old classic that we've seen, but I also think this is the wrong silhouette for the slim treatment. I personally think they look ridiculous.. borderline comical. The original makes sense because they are huge and ghetto as f*ck, which fit Stevie's aesthetic at the time.. but these are just awkward looking. Not particularly stylish or sleek imo.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #34685 on: September 12, 2019, 10:19:28 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #34686 on: September 13, 2019, 02:46:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

*Stevie slim pic*

[close]

[close]
I will agree that this is the best example of a 'slim' variation on an old classic that we've seen, but I also think this is the wrong silhouette for the slim treatment. I personally think they look ridiculous.. borderline comical. The original makes sense because they are huge and ghetto as f*ck, which fit Stevie's aesthetic at the time.. but these are just awkward looking. Not particularly stylish or sleek imo.

I see what you mean but I imagine these looking pretty bulky on feet still, just not as bulky.. The OG's are cool still, but look at the slims for a minute:

Then you look at the OG again.

I think the slims look somewhat bulky still, just not as bulky. Seeing new footage in Lynx now is like watching someone having pillows on their feet - which I love.. It's just that I could see the slims doing better for now is all, they still got that look. 

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #34687 on: September 13, 2019, 03:30:46 AM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #34688 on: September 13, 2019, 04:30:16 AM »

pretty certain that i will buy those shoes for chilling.
good come sausage

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #34689 on: September 13, 2019, 04:47:02 AM »

adonainemo

• Rep: -2
« Reply #34690 on: September 13, 2019, 05:27:09 AM »
never knew lakai was big in Korea

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 31
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34691 on: September 13, 2019, 06:49:41 AM »
Is the only reason why the brand is still alive.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

whatsreallygood

• Rep: 10
  • what it do dirty
« Reply #34692 on: September 13, 2019, 10:12:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Is the only reason why the brand is still alive.

Didn't they move their factory there a while ago which is part of the reason why?

Utopos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -23
  • Who Cares
« Reply #34693 on: September 13, 2019, 11:25:54 AM »

whatsreallygood

• what it do dirty
« Reply #34694 on: September 13, 2019, 11:29:14 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

What the fuck is this nonsense?

Check the lakai korean website, it's bad. I guess they just make chunky moon boots over there. Supply and command.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #34695 on: September 13, 2019, 11:38:18 AM »

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3371
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #34696 on: September 13, 2019, 11:38:51 AM »
They can definitely kram that fuckin' shoe.

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
« Reply #34697 on: September 13, 2019, 01:58:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I'm personally not impressed, it looks like the exact same shoe but with slightly less padding and a much slimmer last.

At least when they did the legacy slim, they  changed the paneling on the upper as well as using a slimmed down and updated version of the OG legacy outsole, giving the shoe an overall "modernized" update.  Although there was plenty of changes on the slim, it still kept the design lines of a Legacy and looked very similar while looking somewhat relevant to today's skate shoes.

The Stevie slim looks practically identical to the OG, just awkward looking

DirtyBurger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #34698 on: September 14, 2019, 04:45:50 AM »
Korean Lakai is making models that would probably sell better then what they currently offer. As I was typing that I felt bad for making fun of Carrol :'(

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1590
« Reply #34699 on: September 14, 2019, 06:42:41 AM »
The Stevie should just be pointier.....slimming it down changes the shape. 

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 655
« Reply #34700 on: September 14, 2019, 04:07:05 PM »
Y'all might not care about this, but I'm pretty stoked on what seems to be a new colorway of the Spanky G6s. Definitely one of my favorite colorways of recent times.

Edit: why can't I figure out how to embed photos smdh
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 04:12:56 PM by Made In China »

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
« Reply #34701 on: September 15, 2019, 06:12:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I thought these were good

edit: resized photo:

really shocked how much hate they got.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 10:30:02 PM by Bubblegum Tate »
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 711
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #34702 on: September 15, 2019, 06:31:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

They're not even half as bad as everyone makes them seem to be. The ones with the welded panels look fine and if they did some with stitched panels no one would complain as hard.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 10:27:14 PM by Bubblegum Tate »

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 588
« Reply #34703 on: September 15, 2019, 06:34:20 PM »
I liked those Lynx remakes and was upset I didn't get to pick up a pair. Seeing Sebo and using them on a skateboard app made me want a pair.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

ballintoohard

« Reply #34704 on: September 15, 2019, 07:50:43 PM »
I can't see the embedded IG links for the Stevies anyone got a link?

know_your_role

« Reply #34705 on: September 15, 2019, 09:44:31 PM »
stevies in black look sick

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
« Reply #34706 on: September 15, 2019, 10:40:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

They're not even half as bad as everyone makes them seem to be. The ones with the welded panels look fine and if they did some with stitched panels no one would complain as hard.

fuck didnt realize how big the photo was

yeah i got a pair of them recently and really thought they were slept on and could have done really well having a nice cross over of a  modernized classic
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 407
« Reply #34707 on: September 16, 2019, 02:36:31 AM »
does anyone know a place in Europe that sells the OG Stevies :(

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #34709 on: September 16, 2019, 05:33:07 AM »
I liked those Lynx remakes and was upset I didn't get to pick up a pair. Seeing Sebo and using them on a skateboard app made me want a pair.
Lynx are still in stock on various skate retail websites like ccs.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.