Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 987692 times)

Gleefull508

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 22
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #8880 on: November 23, 2023, 10:47:02 AM »
Got the wheat dunks that came out like a week ago for basically retail  8) first dunks Ive had in a LONG time

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #8881 on: November 24, 2023, 05:50:34 AM »
Got the wheat dunks that came out like a week ago for basically retail  8) first dunks Ive had in a LONG time

sick!

got mine too a couple days ago. also got the fogs and the black with thite swoosh ones pretty recently. i need to stop bying shoes. and adding pics to my claims maybe  ;D

do you plan on skating them? the pair i had in 2021 i really liked looking down on, beautiful colorway and hope you like them

ridethegutter

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 66
« Reply #8882 on: November 25, 2023, 06:42:48 AM »
Finally decided to get some bones swiss bearings. I have been riding bronson g3’s which I have no problems with. I am going to pair up the swiss with some 54mm formula 99x widecuts that I just bought as well.

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #8883 on: November 25, 2023, 10:54:38 AM »
Black Friday fucked me up. Got a pair of blazers and 4 Quasi Proto IIs (8.5) for like 40 bucks each.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 622
« Reply #8884 on: November 25, 2023, 03:16:43 PM »
Just broke up with formula fours and got the bones decenzo X99 52mm.
And now to some weird new affair with crailtap, chocolate 8.25 twin and my first lakais ever. Cambridge

Gleefull508

« Reply #8885 on: November 25, 2023, 03:50:29 PM »
And now to some weird new affair with crailtap, chocolate 8.25 twin and my first lakais ever. Cambridge
Cambridge are solid, only lakai I ever had. Wore out on me kinda quick but I used to skate regular mob back then so thats prob why, def one of the better looking lakais in my opinion

Algar

• Rep: 28
« Reply #8886 on: November 25, 2023, 03:54:21 PM »

I hear you, I just picked up some Royals,  set em up but haven’t skated them yet….they feel good just standing on them but time will tell

skateboardingenthusiast

• Rep: 5
« Reply #8887 on: November 26, 2023, 10:53:45 AM »
kept slipping out of pinchy grinds on worn down 52mm classics. got 53mm conicals and they seriously help out with staying pinched. they made my setup feel quite noticeably heavier though, which i actuallynliked. more weight to throw around feels nice compared to light boards that feel like the wind could take it.

big square wheels sound better upon impact to me compared to smaller round wheel. the sound of the wider contact patch reverberates when it hits the ground. super satisfying.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 552
« Reply #8888 on: November 26, 2023, 11:15:17 AM »
Local skateshop had a brown nylon AH18 Eagle hat for $12. So yea, I copped it.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #8889 on: November 26, 2023, 11:18:34 AM »
I’ve spent so much this Black Friday weekend

5 boards, 6 9 pairs of slip cups (thank you @EmericaTM for the sale), couple t shirts

I need to skate more than buy things from now until next November 
« Last Edit: November 26, 2023, 08:18:29 PM by Paco Supreme »

Pasta Monster

« Reply #8890 on: November 27, 2023, 03:10:46 PM »

I’m on the fence about setting up the John Lucero Krooked deck, but got a set of 58 mm Classics for it. Also, my decade-long curiosity about Swiss Ceramics is going to come to an end.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 622
« Reply #8891 on: November 28, 2023, 03:47:21 AM »

I’m on the fence about setting up the John Lucero Krooked deck, but got a set of 58 mm Classics for it. Also, my decade-long curiosity about Swiss Ceramics is going to come to an end.
One day I'll get these bearings as well, but they cost as much as my rent right now. Waiting for your review!

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8892 on: November 28, 2023, 04:07:26 AM »
Another 8.375 Jacuzzi egg
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

DERBY

• Rep: 269
« Reply #8893 on: November 28, 2023, 11:24:37 AM »
saw this at a local indoor but in an 8.25. bought an 8.5 online. the shape and graphic look tight!

El Freegano

• Rep: 217
« Reply #8894 on: November 29, 2023, 07:45:49 AM »

My first order from the bf sales has arrive today. I got for myself an 8" glue and 2 magentas 7.875. I have also bought new balance high 440 for my nephew's birthday and a thrasher skate and destroy hoodie for my wife's daughter. I am expecting some more goodies for me and my wife later this week.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #8895 on: November 30, 2023, 01:55:22 AM »
No photos but my Black Friday/Cyber Monday haul is a mix of me being stoked and disgusted with myself hahaha

Emerica site sale was stoooopid!
3x KSL G6 (2 gray and 1 white TIS)

Big Z got me
2x Element 8.5 (hopefully BBS)
Lurking Class snow pants (for my upcoming trip)
Krooked Reversible Jacket

NHS!
Indy 149 Delfino Hollow
3x Conical Indy bushings (90a and 2x 92a)
2x Indy hardware (Phillips)

Val Surf!
53 SF F4 Conical Full
54 SF F4 OG Classics (first time trying these)
2x Pivot cup sets
Super Champion Fun Zone

Gleefull508

« Reply #8896 on: November 30, 2023, 03:28:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

sick!

got mine too a couple days ago. also got the fogs and the black with thite swoosh ones pretty recently. i need to stop bying shoes. and adding pics to my claims maybe  ;D

do you plan on skating them? the pair i had in 2021 i really liked looking down on, beautiful colorway and hope you like them

Hell yeah Im gonna skate em haha, I do have like 4-5 shoes on ice too so I'll probably wear them as chillers for a while until they're up to bat. Maybe wear em if Im gonna get a clip. Where did you get the fogs? I hear people say that shops have those less sought after colorways but my local (bluetile SC) never seem to have them and when they do they do first come first serve and kooks that don't skate line up all night long and take em all.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #8897 on: November 30, 2023, 06:45:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

sick!

[close]

Hell yeah Im gonna skate em haha, I do have like 4-5 shoes on ice too so I'll probably wear them as chillers for a while until they're up to bat. Maybe wear em if Im gonna get a clip. Where did you get the fogs? I hear people say that shops have those less sought after colorways but my local (bluetile SC) never seem to have them and when they do they do first come first serve and kooks that don't skate line up all night long and take em all.

damn, i am in europe and by now it is quite easy to get them through a shop.....most shops have dunks online now and they were even part of the black friday discounts now too. but i just try to keep my eyes open wich means spending too much time online  ::)

i skated mine for the first time yesterday and had a blast, the suede makes them fit real nice.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #8898 on: November 30, 2023, 09:10:17 AM »

Went full new Youtuber on the setup!

JK, I wish the Chocolate twins had a slightly longer WB and I'd try one.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #8899 on: November 30, 2023, 09:11:45 AM »

Do you find them "steep"? I keep hearing the kicks are super steep but to me it just looks like more fingers of flat but the same overall angle.

FirstBlood82

• Rep: 118
« Reply #8900 on: November 30, 2023, 09:22:12 AM »

Emerica site sale was stoooopid!
3x KSL G6 (2 gray and 1 white TIS)

Nice, got 7 pairs of the grey ones, 50% of was fantastic

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8901 on: November 30, 2023, 09:49:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Do you find them "steep"? I keep hearing the kicks are super steep but to me it just looks like more fingers of flat but the same overall angle.
Is not steep at all, at least not for me. Also is on the flat side which is a big plus for me.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #8902 on: November 30, 2023, 09:53:44 AM »
Thanks, I love flat concave

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8903 on: December 02, 2023, 08:29:56 PM »
Got those 2x 8.5 Element Phil Z decks today and they are "Built by BBS" plus have identical specs to the 8.5 Black Labels I've had.
I loved those, so if they're using the same mold for 8.5 at Element, as well as Black Label (and other brands I'm sure) then for $25 (sale still happening at the big Z) I'd recommend scooping up a deck or two.

8.5 x 32.36 x 14.5
T: 6.555
N: 7.053

« Last Edit: December 02, 2023, 11:44:08 PM by DarkPools »
Super Champion Fun Zone

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1038
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #8904 on: December 02, 2023, 10:21:47 PM »
Got those 2x 8.5 Element Phil Z decks today and they are "Built by BBS" plus have identical specs to the 8.5 Black Labels I've had.
I loved those, so if they're using the same mold for 8.5 at Element, as well as Black Label (and other brands I'm sure) then for $25 (sale still happening at the big Z) I'd recommend scooping up a deck or two.

8.5 x 32.36 x 14.5
T:
N:

These ones?

https://www.zumiez.com/element-zwijsen-earth-rev-8-5-skateboard-deck.html

The good thing there is they do show the tops of them in images, which should help anyone see if they have "Built by BBS" in the top line, or just the board size and other generic info from the one made in China.

* Seems like it is the only BBS 8.5 from those boards I brought up too.

The two of those I got a while back, also on a super good sale here in AU were the best concave and everything for me, a little more on the mellow side than the Black Label and a few other BBS boards in those same dimensions I have bought before and after.

On one hand I would say get all of those ones while you can, as they work out cheaper to buy and blank than actually buying the blanks to start with, but for some people, that would be more trouble than it is worth.

The ones I have blanked really well.  Nice stains too.
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8905 on: December 02, 2023, 11:54:47 PM »
Expand Quote

8.5 x 32.36 x 14.5
T: 6.555
N: 7.053
[close]

These ones?

https://www.zumiez.com/element-zwijsen-earth-rev-8-5-skateboard-deck.html

The good thing there is they do show the tops of them in images, which should help anyone see if they have "Built by BBS" in the top line, or just the board size and other generic info from the one made in China.

* Seems like it is the only BBS 8.5 from those boards I brought up too.

The two of those I got a while back, also on a super good sale here in AU were the best concave and everything for me, a little more on the mellow side than the Black Label and a few other BBS boards in those same dimensions I have bought before and after.

On one hand I would say get all of those ones while you can, as they work out cheaper to buy and blank than actually buying the blanks to start with, but for some people, that would be more trouble than it is worth.

The ones I have blanked really well.  Nice stains too.

Yes, those ones! Wanted to add my confirmation for any other US pals looking to still score some quality decks for an affordable price OR were also skeptical of BBS vs China vs PS vs Clutch, etc. woodshop versions some brands have had to alternate to during Covid.

These two I got do not have the divot/circle indent that most BBS boards tend to use, but do not always. Regardless, the shape, concave, tail/nose "hips" all look like other BBS I have, so I'm happy. I got natural wood stain and orange for the tops!

That Phil Z graphic is one of the more inoffensive ones from Element I've seen, so no need to blank for me. Happy to skate them as is  :)

Super Champion Fun Zone

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
  • sup dog
« Reply #8906 on: December 03, 2023, 09:25:00 AM »
Why not? It’s what the threads here for, right?

- 144 Indy Hollow
- Walker Flocked 8.38 (white dipped bird pattern stamp, red to blue fade)
- Bones x99 52mm v1 Gustavo wheels
- Indy Blue bushings
- Indy Black bushings
- Walker Zen 8.38 from last summer drop (huge Black Friday sale)

What’s the result of the spending spree?
- gave away x99 to friend as early Christmas present. Went back to x97.
- Black bushings too hard, not using
- Blue Bushing too hard, not using
- hollows were too loud, so added “Liquid Nails” type epoxy to bottom opening of kingpin under truck. Seems to help deaden high pitchy-ness
- waiting for zen board to arrive so it can be in the closet as backup for a few months from now.

I’m not letting my YouTube algorithm anywhere near that video.

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 297
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #8907 on: December 03, 2023, 12:42:39 PM »

What’s the result of the spending spree?
- gave away x99 to friend as early Christmas present. Went back to x97.
- Black bushings too hard, not using
- Blue Bushing too hard, not using
- hollows were too loud, so added “Liquid Nails” type epoxy to bottom opening of kingpin under truck. Seems to help deaden high pitchy-ness

This is totally ridiculous and crazy. But I applaud this kind of mad sensibility with all my heart.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8908 on: December 03, 2023, 12:54:23 PM »
How are the hollows loud?? Are you referring to how they grind or something else?

I've skated a few hollow Indys and never experienced this high pitch sound you are talking about @JM
Super Champion Fun Zone

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 953
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #8909 on: December 03, 2023, 01:35:30 PM »
I got 6.1s on the way.

9" Ben Raybourn. Has a 14.25 wb I think. I'm pretty sure I searched Orchard with the key words 14.25 and boom there it was.

I am beyond stoked.

When those Spit Beat downs drop I'm going to cop a set in each size.

My hope is a pro will try the 66.6 and be like yo! That's my joint that's my ham salad. Satanic pro model plz. We can keep them in regular rotation so I'll never go speed deprived again.

We really are finally breaking new ground in popular skatebloarding.

Hills are both it's future and it's origin. Dlxsf doing Godts werk
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)