Author Topic: Pro-Trump Skaters?  (Read 82254 times)

Matthew_James

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
Re: Pro-Trump Skaters?
« Reply #420 on: August 28, 2017, 12:12:45 PM »
Expand Quote
She probably didn't want you anywhere near her or her class anymore
[close]
Either way it worked.

Expand Quote
Pics of the restraining order or it didn't happen.
[close]
No one has to believe, I know what I accomplished in my heart. Besides why the fuck would I need a sociology credit when I was just tryin to get a damn ASE certification. That's what made me stop halfway through the credit courses. I aint gonna let college bullshit me, even if it benefits my future.

Something tells me you were bound for greatness beyond what a junior college sociology class could facilitate.

Make Slap proud Bawtard2, make Slap proud...
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #421 on: August 28, 2017, 12:15:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
One thing I know for sure is that I'll never listen to skateboarders when it comes to politics. Why would you listen to a group of people who have historically been some of the biggest followers ever to exist? Everything they think is "cool" or "kooky" is often times because of the general consensus of herd mentality, and if you ask a skateboarder why they think the way they do about something they'll usually have no reasoning behind it other than "it's sick" or "it sucks." From the tricks they do, to the skateboarder's uniform they wear, to their thoughts and opinions on the industry, the vast majority of it isn't their own. I know we like to sit in a circle jerk and claim we're special because skateboarding is unique, but it's really just a handful of unique people followed by the hundreds of thousands (millions if you count the "lifestyle" latchers) who watch their every move and treat it as gospel.

Don't believe me? Ask someone who started skateboarding recently if they like the Gonz, and then ask them why. They won't be able to name most of the shit he's responsible for in skateboarding, or why they think his artwork is unique or whatever. There's an enormous chance that their answer will be something that they're parroting that someone else told them, and they accepted it as such since they see it as the equivalent of skateboarding' Masonic handshake. Actually, I can think of people who started skating before I did who fall into this category.

Saying "fuck Nike/ big corpo" is like our version of saying "Trump should be impeached."
[close]
Why wouldn't you? many skaters are very academically accomplished and could give you a comprehensive and supported opinion? what if a well known political scholar plays cricket? or was a cubist painter?

Or maybe you see people don't agree with you, so like many, you trivialize the opinions of others based on arbitrary criteria
[close]

incorrect. I don't have a dog in this fight, so I don't have an opinion that anyone can agree or disagree with.

I don't know what your experiences have shown you, but my experiences have shown me that academic achievements don't have a direct correlation with outside-the-box/ independent free thinking. Oftentimes it's conformity at its finest, and most institutions don't teach (or even encourage for that matter) you to go against the grain.

In reality, most professors reward students who conform to the mold that the professor sees fit. I saw it with my girlfriend's sociology masters program especially, which would technically deem her as some sort of "expert" in many of the topics that have been mentioned in this thread. It was a politically biased program to begin with, and most of the time she had to go against what she actually believed to be true from experience & educated independent opinion to do well in her classes. She attended a prestigious private university, and I had the luxury of sitting in on most of her classes and even helped with her assignments.

I wish I saved some of her emails that she had with her professors going back and forth about certain papers and projects, because they pretty much came out and said that she needed to parrot everything they were pushing in order to get an A.

That's getting off topic though, are you saying that the majority of skateboarders aren't followers?
[close]
I would not say a masters program makes someone an expert by any means... Through the course of study from undergrad to phd you will become more knowledgeable on your topic of study than the lay-man will ever be(unless he devotes himself to years of private study), so who better than them to listen to? Skating or not has nothing to do with it
[close]

So you don't think the vast majority of skateboarders aren't trend hopping followers who like things because everyone else likes them too?

I said masters program because that's what I witnessed first hand, I didn't attend her doctorate level classes. She has letters at the end of her name and she has a work history that would deem her an expert, and she said that the requirements she had to submit to were the same when it came to not thinking outside the box. The majority of skateboarders (or people in general for that matter) don't hold a masters degree. Either way, My point was to show that holding a higher education doesn't = having your own thoughts and opinions, not to go tit for tat by comparing dick sizes when it comes to education.
I would say most people are trend hoppers from sports fans to yoga moms, but I don't dismiss an educated opinion because of it, nor do these things incapacitate a well informed intellect

I agree that it does not mean you have your own thoughts and opinions, but you will have a much greater knowledge of the topic which gives you the material to form an educated opinion. Like the famous phrase "standing on the shoulders of giants", a strong academic background in lieu of intensive private study give you the foundations for creativity, as with many things, "you have to know the rules before you can break them". No need to throw the baby out with the bathwater imo, yes some academics might conform to further their own career(or whatever) , but they still are the most knowledgeable and the most equipped to put forth assertions or theories, in certain respects.

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #422 on: August 28, 2017, 12:28:09 PM »
bawtawd please stop making up bullshit stories. You didn't go to college or get sexual favors from a teacher. For fucks sake stop doing so many fucking drugs.

Matt James, are you basically saying skaterboarders can't be involved in politics or have their own political opinions because we're all just trendy followers?
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

Pigeon

« Reply #423 on: August 28, 2017, 12:30:16 PM »
Quote from: Matthew_James
That's getting off topic though, are you saying that the majority of skateboarders aren't followers?
Do you eat pizza? Follower! Do you have sex? Follower! Wake up, sheeple!

wheelies

« Reply #424 on: August 28, 2017, 12:40:28 PM »
bawtawd please stop making up bullshit stories. You didn't go to college or get sexual favors from a teacher. For fucks sake stop doing so many fucking drugs.

Matt James, are you basically saying skaterboarders can't be involved in politics or have their own political opinions because we're all just trendy followers?
I will have you know I have passed 3 college courses, and check the "some college" box on job applications. I would suggest you take your peevish bemoaning elsewhere.

Pigeon

« Reply #425 on: August 28, 2017, 01:05:21 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I will have you know I have passed 3 college courses, and check the "some college" box on job applications. I would suggest you take your peevish bemoaning elsewhere.

best thing I've read in this entire thread

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #426 on: August 28, 2017, 02:13:22 PM »
No one has to believe, I know what I accomplished in my heart.

pistachio

• Rep: -6
« Reply #427 on: August 28, 2017, 03:03:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i voted trump. hes not optimal but hes the best option weve got and im not gonna apologise for being white. right wing politics are better for the american economy too. however i will respect your right to vote whatever you want and im not gonna treat you as an enemy just because your political view differs from mine. i hope you will do the same.
[close]

Do you have a mom? Do you maybe have a girlfriend? If you have either of those things, I find it strange that you would lobby against them having the same rights and privileges as you.
[close]

how would trump remove female rights? ignoring abortion.

That's certainly one way, but there are more. However, since you chose the topic, play it out this way-- take your least favorite person, then take your mom. Assume that your least favorite person porked your mom against her will, then assume he had some mighty strong swimmers that impregnated her. Now, would you be excited that the woman who birthed you is gonna spawn another child from someone who you ultimately despise and raped your mom? Not to mention the fact that your mother also has to live with the fact that she's about to, at the very least, pop a kid out of her who was a product of rape. And if she's really unlucky, maybe she decides to raise the kid and then has to be reminded of that horrible event everyday. I'm sure even the kindest lady might have some sort of resentment towards that child, so add that one in with the rest of the crappy events that all stem from having a few wealthy dbags who feel that they should be able to make decisions for someone simply because they are a woman.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #428 on: August 28, 2017, 03:40:44 PM »
The right doesn't care about any of your hypotheticals when it comes to abortions, they just want to have power over someone who is weaker because they been pussies their whole lives and want to feel strong. If they cared about any type of life they wouldn't have a heart attack everytime America lets in refugees

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -232
  • Head kook
« Reply #429 on: August 28, 2017, 04:00:31 PM »
The right doesn't care about any of your hypotheticals when it comes to abortions, they just want to have power over someone who is weaker because they been pussies their whole lives and want to feel strong. If they cared about any type of life they wouldn't have a heart attack everytime America lets in refugees

Pigeon

« Reply #430 on: August 28, 2017, 04:04:54 PM »
^
That is irrelevant to US politics.

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Head kook
« Reply #431 on: August 28, 2017, 04:07:13 PM »
^
That is irrelevant to US politics.

Pigeon

« Reply #432 on: August 28, 2017, 04:10:39 PM »
^
No, because I like cheesecake and pie...don't really care for candy, unless they're edibles.

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Head kook
« Reply #433 on: August 28, 2017, 04:13:01 PM »
Refugees push mongo

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #434 on: August 28, 2017, 04:14:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
One thing I know for sure is that I'll never listen to skateboarders when it comes to politics. Why would you listen to a group of people who have historically been some of the biggest followers ever to exist? Everything they think is "cool" or "kooky" is often times because of the general consensus of herd mentality, and if you ask a skateboarder why they think the way they do about something they'll usually have no reasoning behind it other than "it's sick" or "it sucks." From the tricks they do, to the skateboarder's uniform they wear, to their thoughts and opinions on the industry, the vast majority of it isn't their own. I know we like to sit in a circle jerk and claim we're special because skateboarding is unique, but it's really just a handful of unique people followed by the hundreds of thousands (millions if you count the "lifestyle" latchers) who watch their every move and treat it as gospel.

Don't believe me? Ask someone who started skateboarding recently if they like the Gonz, and then ask them why. They won't be able to name most of the shit he's responsible for in skateboarding, or why they think his artwork is unique or whatever. There's an enormous chance that their answer will be something that they're parroting that someone else told them, and they accepted it as such since they see it as the equivalent of skateboarding' Masonic handshake. Actually, I can think of people who started skating before I did who fall into this category.

Saying "fuck Nike/ big corpo" is like our version of saying "Trump should be impeached."
[close]
Why wouldn't you? many skaters are very academically accomplished and could give you a comprehensive and supported opinion? what if a well known political scholar plays cricket? or was a cubist painter?

Or maybe you see people don't agree with you, so like many, you trivialize the opinions of others based on arbitrary criteria
[close]

incorrect. I don't have a dog in this fight, so I don't have an opinion that anyone can agree or disagree with.

I don't know what your experiences have shown you, but my experiences have shown me that academic achievements don't have a direct correlation with outside-the-box/ independent free thinking. Oftentimes it's conformity at its finest, and most institutions don't teach (or even encourage for that matter) you to go against the grain.

In reality, most professors reward students who conform to the mold that the professor sees fit. I saw it with my girlfriend's sociology masters program especially, which would technically deem her as some sort of "expert" in many of the topics that have been mentioned in this thread. It was a politically biased program to begin with, and most of the time she had to go against what she actually believed to be true from experience & educated independent opinion to do well in her classes. She attended a prestigious private university, and I had the luxury of sitting in on most of her classes and even helped with her assignments.

I wish I saved some of her emails that she had with her professors going back and forth about certain papers and projects, because they pretty much came out and said that she needed to parrot everything they were pushing in order to get an A.

You're clingy bruh...
you never know about pre-cum 

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #435 on: August 28, 2017, 04:15:50 PM »
Poland is a very poor country, they themselves are economic migrants you moron! HMMMMM stay in Poland and starve or bunk up in London? Tough choice...

Can you blame any of these people? They seek a better life in countries who will pay for everything. How dare they try and live a better life? Put yourself in their shoes, I'm boarding that boat out of West Africa 100% of the time.

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Head kook
« Reply #436 on: August 28, 2017, 04:18:35 PM »
Poland is a very poor country, they themselves are economic migrants you moron! HMMMMM stay in Poland and starve or bunk up in London? Tough choice...

Can you blame any of these people? They seek a better life in countries who will pay for everything. How dare they try and live a better life? Put yourself in their shoes, I'm boarding that boat out of West Africa 100% of the time.

And I hope you drown 100% if the time, leech.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #437 on: August 28, 2017, 04:26:29 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Speak like that in Canada and 50 people will make sure you can't walk, hell I can arrange it.

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #438 on: August 28, 2017, 04:27:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Speak like that in Canada and 50 people will make sure you can't walk, hell I can arrange it.

Damn, Tracer really going hard on this
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #439 on: August 28, 2017, 04:29:14 PM »
If tracer doesn't reach Pal status this time I demand we all protest

EDIT: Also thank you for proving my point Dontfearthereefer
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 04:34:09 PM by tobey »

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Head kook
« Reply #440 on: August 28, 2017, 04:33:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Take off hosehead, you aren't slamming anyone's cupboard doors

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Head kook
« Reply #441 on: August 28, 2017, 04:39:23 PM »
If tracer doesn't reach Pal status this time I demand we all protest

EDIT: Also thank you for proving my point Dontfearthereefer

Anytime friend

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #442 on: August 28, 2017, 04:48:19 PM »
So YOU ARE a racist. Quit claiming you're not dude, we see it.

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Head kook
« Reply #443 on: August 28, 2017, 04:52:02 PM »

I don't really think not wanting refugees after seeing the increase in terrorist activity in Europe is exactly racist but ok

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #444 on: August 28, 2017, 04:52:25 PM »
Good lord why do you fucked up conservatards get on slap at all?  I am convinced most , if not all of you don't skate and are only here to have an argument as you eveidently have no friends nor actual valid opinions, just pure bullshit.  Take your stupid conservative views over to reddit or a Ben Shapiro site and enjoy the circle jerk while demonizing the "left" as everything wrong in America.  Or maybe, jut maybe prove you can skate and then stfu.

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Head kook
« Reply #445 on: August 28, 2017, 04:55:12 PM »
Good lord why do you fucked up conservatards get on slap at all?  I am convinced most , if not all of you don't skate and are only here to have an argument as you eveidently have no friends nor actual valid opinions, just pure bullshit.  Take your stupid conservative views over to reddit or a Ben Shapiro site and enjoy the circle jerk while demonizing the "left" as everything wrong in America.  Or maybe, jut maybe prove you can skate and then stfu.

Buddy I've forgot more than you've ever learned, fuck outta here

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #446 on: August 28, 2017, 04:55:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I don't really think not wanting refugees after seeing the increase in terrorist activity in Europe is exactly racist but ok

Doesn't it feel better when you accept who you really are? I'm proud of you. I think you should suck start a shotgun, but I'm still proud.

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Head kook
« Reply #447 on: August 28, 2017, 04:58:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Doesn't it feel better when you accept who you really are? I'm proud of you. I think you should suck start a shotgun, but I'm still proud.
Get a job ya bum.

billyerlife

« Reply #448 on: August 28, 2017, 05:01:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah dude, you're clearly a genius. A genius who is just scared out of his little knickers about tewwowists. You got a way better chance of dying by getting hit by a car, maybe we ought to ban those too? The best news is we can do that without sentencing tens of thousands of innocent men, women, and children to die in their war torn countries (armed by the good ole USA of course) just because we're scared. Your logic is shit, you're a coward as well as a moron, and your mother wears army boots. Fuck outta here.

Pigeon

« Reply #449 on: August 28, 2017, 05:02:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Good lord why do you fucked up conservatards get on slap at all? �I am convinced most , if not all of you don't skate and are only here to have an argument as you eveidently have no friends nor actual valid opinions, just pure bullshit. �Take your stupid conservative views over to reddit or a Ben Shapiro site and enjoy the circle jerk while demonizing the "left" as everything wrong in America. �Or maybe, jut maybe prove you can skate and then stfu.
[close]

Yeah right, you cuck.