Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 797991 times)

yourbreakfsat, Sold Out and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Pasta Monster

Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #5400 on: April 19, 2023, 09:29:29 AM »

new colorway

edit:

Fartknocker415

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -45
« Reply #5401 on: April 19, 2023, 09:31:08 AM »
Green upper w black sole

So hot right now

Berky

• Rep: -19
« Reply #5402 on: April 19, 2023, 10:43:55 AM »

new colorway

edit:

damn both of these are great colorways

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5403 on: April 19, 2023, 10:59:44 AM »
someone just told me that "the higher the number, the more tech" in new balance shoes. is there any truth to that? so the 1010 has the most tech of any skate shoe

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
« Reply #5404 on: April 19, 2023, 11:37:10 AM »

So the 440 lows are a little tighter than the highs, but I wouldn’t say it’s by a half size. Still more comfortable than the Tyshawn’s. Will probably feel looser once they break in. Only cost me $52 bucks from Orchard 😌

Second Division

• Rep: 8
« Reply #5405 on: April 19, 2023, 11:56:09 AM »
someone just told me that "the higher the number, the more tech" in new balance shoes. is there any truth to that? so the 1010 has the most tech of any skate shoe

Yeah, within NB's models, the 1010 would be their most tech and 22 their most basic. I think numeric also uses it for cupsole vs vulc... Vulc is on the low end, cup on the high end.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
« Reply #5406 on: April 19, 2023, 12:11:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah, within NB's models, the 1010 would be their most tech and 22 their most basic. I think numeric also uses it for cupsole vs vulc... Vulc is on the low end, cup on the high end.
Ah, I wonder if there was any reason behind the numbers. Guess I like medium tech lol

Snackbar

« Reply #5407 on: April 19, 2023, 08:14:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Ah, I wonder if there was any reason behind the numbers. Guess I like medium tech lol

The skater gets to chose the number usually. Brandon Westgate's shoe is the 508, which is the area code for Massachusetts

WideFeet

• Rep: 82
« Reply #5408 on: April 19, 2023, 08:35:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

The skater gets to chose the number usually. Brandon Westgate's shoe is the 508, which is the area code for Massachusetts

The higher the number, the more tech is correct, I believe. Rothdigga could probably clarify.

I thought I had seen a Jamie Foy interview (Nine Club?) and he said NB# told him to pick a number in the 300’s.

Also, not a ton of tech in the Westgate 508. Maybe his shoe and area code just lined up?

wax poetic

• Rep: 44
  • fuck it, I'll stir the pot
« Reply #5409 on: April 19, 2023, 09:40:27 PM »
Ordered a pair of 808's for super cheap .5 up in wheat/gum (I'm a sucker for that colorway).  Hoping my feet are fucked up in the right way to like them giving it doesn't seem many do.

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #5410 on: April 19, 2023, 09:43:07 PM »
Arto's shoe 358 was also the country code for Finland, so there is obviously a bit of both happening, level of tech and personal preference. I would imagine Tiago didn't have 808 by accident either.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

WideFeet

• Rep: 82
« Reply #5411 on: April 19, 2023, 09:54:55 PM »
Seriously we need a NB Reynolds model. I feel good one is on the way from the little hints ive seen on Reynolds insta saying "its coming". All im saying is when Vans didnt give him one I decided to never wear a pair of Vans again lol

Watching The Nine Club with Shane Heyl and Nikolai Piombo. Kelly Hart brought up seeing original drawings at Sole Tech by Reynolds of his first shoe on Emerica. Then Shane Heyl said,”Stay tuned.”

I’m pretty sure we’ll be seeing a Reynolds shoe in 2024. At least I’m hoping we do. I know those things take a long time

MetalAnkleMan

• Rep: 17
« Reply #5412 on: April 19, 2023, 11:51:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Seriously we need a NB Reynolds model. I feel good one is on the way from the little hints ive seen on Reynolds insta saying "its coming". All im saying is when Vans didnt give him one I decided to never wear a pair of Vans again lol
[close]

Watching The Nine Club with Shane Heyl and Nikolai Piombo. Kelly Hart brought up seeing original drawings at Sole Tech by Reynolds of his first shoe on Emerica. Then Shane Heyl said,”Stay tuned.”

I’m pretty sure we’ll be seeing a Reynolds shoe in 2024. At least I’m hoping we do. I know those things take a long time

Would love to see some Reynolds 1 influence in his NB shoe!!

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5413 on: April 20, 2023, 03:43:05 AM »
Love the 808 so much. Any plans to do a black and gum version?

wax poetic

• Rep: 44
  • fuck it, I'll stir the pot
« Reply #5414 on: April 21, 2023, 03:00:24 PM »
Have loved this colorway since I was a kid and have had it on so many different shoes.
 Went .5 up and so far I'm loving this thing, even if it is stiff af.  They don't look as bulky as I expected on foot, in hand they def do though

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5415 on: April 22, 2023, 02:23:33 AM »

First time I used my 1010 the highlighted part (only on my left foot) hurt like hell to the point I couldn't walk.
This happened to anybody else?
I'll try to walk them more to see if it goes away
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Pasta Monster

« Reply #5416 on: April 22, 2023, 06:06:26 AM »
^
You might be wearing shoes that are too small. They might fit well length-wise but it sounds like you need more width. Get fitted at a running store and go .5 down from what they recommend for running shoes (unless your feet are wide). I had this same issue with 8 and 8.5. After getting fitted for 10 in running shoes, I switched to 9.5 for skate shoes, and haven’t experienced that pain.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5417 on: April 22, 2023, 06:28:28 AM »
^
You might be wearing shoes that are too small. They might fit well length-wise but it sounds like you need more width. Get fitted at a running store and go .5 down from what they recommend for running shoes (unless your feet are wide). I had this same issue with 8 and 8.5. After getting fitted for 10 in running shoes, I switched to 9.5 for skate shoes, and haven’t experienced that pain.
Could be, usually I get +.5 on NB# but these 1010 were my usual size. On 808 I can go tts or + .5 and even tho the bigger size feels better the tts doesn't hurt like this one
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

YeoWhattup

• Rep: 22
« Reply #5418 on: April 22, 2023, 12:34:22 PM »

First time I used my 1010 the highlighted part (only on my left foot) hurt like hell to the point I couldn't walk.

Had this happen to me recently, I normally wear 440s and tried some 212s. I think it’s a break in period thing cause it went away. Try folding them like a baseball glove and looses the laces. Hopefully that helps

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #5419 on: April 23, 2023, 02:53:29 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Had this happen to me recently, I normally wear 440s and tried some 212s. I think it’s a break in period thing cause it went away. Try folding them like a baseball glove and looses the laces. Hopefully that helps
You're probably right since yesterday I tried some brand new 808 in size 8 and had the same issue. Had the same in another color and didn't happened.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

pops

• Rep: 250
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5420 on: April 23, 2023, 06:53:07 AM »

I removed the inner tongue starps from my 440 highs and they feel much better. They're actually one my favorite shoes now. It seems the tongue stays nicely in place even with one strap.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2023, 07:22:59 AM by pops »

Snackbar

« Reply #5421 on: April 23, 2023, 09:37:14 AM »

These are coming home with me

YeoWhattup

« Reply #5422 on: April 23, 2023, 10:16:54 AM »
Grey and gum is such a good look

YeoWhattup

« Reply #5423 on: April 23, 2023, 10:20:47 AM »
I just got my first pair of the new 425s and I’m really digging them. Got the all white with blue and grey accents. They fit tts imo and feels great for the price. Gunna start skating them once my 440s are done

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #5424 on: April 23, 2023, 07:47:33 PM »
NB# 1010 X Rone
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

rikki

• Rep: 299
« Reply #5425 on: April 23, 2023, 11:01:08 PM »
Those 508's look awesome. How would you guys compare the 440's (low) and the 508's? Any significant differences?
Been extremely happy with my 440 lows.

Coping Grinder

• Rep: 16
« Reply #5426 on: April 24, 2023, 04:50:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Brandon's first shoe with NB Numeric was the 913, which had significantly more tech. However, I believe that, when he saw the price point of the 913s, he wanted to make sure that the people who wanted to support his skating would actually be able to purchase his model. So, he went to NB with an idea of reducing it to a simpler shoe, and I would assume that the reduction of tech fit in nicely with the drop from the 900s level to the 500s level, although not sure if he had the intent of making it his area code going into the second project or if it was something that came about as a result of it.

IpathCats

« Reply #5427 on: April 24, 2023, 06:06:20 AM »
all these 1010 colorways coming out are really making the 808 look lame in comparison.

I wish my toes liked that shoe.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #5428 on: April 24, 2023, 06:40:03 AM »
rone 1010s are retailing at $180
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #5429 on: April 24, 2023, 07:04:48 AM »
rone 1010s are retailing at $180

g-rone