Author Topic: Pretty Sweet Spoilers  (Read 141385 times)

Captain Oats

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -4
Re: Pretty Sweet Spoilers
« Reply #750 on: December 02, 2012, 04:34:16 PM »
Video is that good, yeah some of Coreys stuff should have been saved for sure. but then again that's what got everyone including myself so psyched on him in the first place. yeah i picked up on that too, pretty much all of maltos footage was in nikes which just shows how amazing he really is. these two guys and Mariano's parts were my favourites. I cannot decide on one though.

Stolen Darkness

• Rep: -3
    • Candy Shop Skate Co. avatar image
« Reply #751 on: December 02, 2012, 05:10:01 PM »
Say there's another version out within the year and it has full parts from McCrank and Pops and Calloway, would you guys buy it again?

What did you buy recently? And how much would you pay for a re-release?

How about if Koston also had a part?

www.candyshopskateco.com $35 Boards. Made in East Coast.

CreepySweaty

• Rep: 60
  • i am mitchie brusco i have done the 1080
« Reply #752 on: December 02, 2012, 06:47:14 PM »
Kenny Anderson on Team Handsome. Hands down. That little shimmy he does during the Daft Punk homage...

thunderwood

• Rep: -18
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #753 on: December 02, 2012, 06:48:26 PM »
So what's up with the bonus disc? I don't see many people talking about it. Is it that forgettable or did hardly anyone see it yet?

There is no bonus disc, it's all on the same disc.  Regardless, what they included is pretty much another whole video - it's awesome and I'd say I'll probably watch it as much as the main video just because it doesn't have any skits or breaks it all just sick skating.  MJ has a pretty awesome darkslide as well.

Nancy Chin The Manicurist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #754 on: December 02, 2012, 06:55:04 PM »
Kenny Anderson on Team Handsome. Hands down. That little shimmy he does during the Daft Punk homage...

AHAHAH! His past life as a break-dancer definitely leaked thru for a moment there. . . .

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -105
  • I take my internet usernames xtremly serious
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #755 on: December 02, 2012, 06:55:21 PM »
Anyone else notice how almost all of Maltos tricks were filmed in Nikes? Didn't he just get on Nike in 2012? Goddamn.
same with Olson, obviously a different caliber but ya know still

SF_EMB

• Rep: 12
« Reply #756 on: December 02, 2012, 10:33:21 PM »

Stolen Darkness

« Reply #757 on: December 03, 2012, 12:16:41 PM »
So, Guy had 6 hours of footage...?

http://statigr.am/viewer.php#/detail/338355358236972055_26826060

I know Ty has 'standards' when it comes to footage but wtf.

escapistfool

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #758 on: December 03, 2012, 12:22:07 PM »
If Guy doesn't win.. well... :/

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #759 on: December 03, 2012, 12:22:35 PM »
I can't see that link but there's no way guy had 360 minutes of footage.that's almost a year, totally impossible.the footage alone would be over a million terabytes.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Stolen Darkness

« Reply #760 on: December 03, 2012, 12:46:31 PM »

Stolen Darkness

« Reply #761 on: December 03, 2012, 12:49:09 PM »
Did you mean 1/4 of a day? Because there's 525,949 minutes in a year. Not 360.

DBrown901

« Reply #762 on: December 03, 2012, 02:13:08 PM »
Just saw it was good, jack black and intro can eat a penis sandwich though,
FREE MAX B
You're not Pete. Get out of here with that shit.

marshalbanana

• Rep: -7
« Reply #763 on: December 03, 2012, 09:35:56 PM »
Pops surprisingly has 2 tricks in the dvd. Check it, China section. I don't know if he was on that trip or they just snuck those clips into the section. From the looks of his clothing, it was probably on the east cost, unless China's weather permits double layering and a beanie.

A.J.K.

« Reply #764 on: December 03, 2012, 09:47:09 PM »
Pops surprisingly has 2 tricks in the dvd. Check it, China section. I don't know if he was on that trip or they just snuck those clips into the section. From the looks of his clothing, it was probably on the east cost, unless China's weather permits double layering and a beanie.
The clips are from China.  A Chocolate trip in 2008/2009 to be more exact.

jrock92089

« Reply #765 on: December 04, 2012, 12:46:50 AM »
the blu ray version looks so good this video is definitely worth the money i paid for it   

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #766 on: December 04, 2012, 06:39:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I don't understand how you can't just sniff your dope or whatever, call the filmer, tailslide a mellow bank or something, then come home and snort to your hearts desire.  If your 'job' is skating, I never understood how drug problems or anything really would prevent you from milking it to keep the checks coming.  I would be satisfied with half-assed Pops footage.
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #767 on: December 04, 2012, 09:27:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I don't understand how you can't just sniff your dope or whatever, call the filmer, tailslide a mellow bank or something, then come home and snort to your hearts desire.  If your 'job' is skating, I never understood how drug problems or anything really would prevent you from milking it to keep the checks coming.  I would be satisfied with half-assed Pops footage.

The problem is Ty, not the footage of Pops skating on meth.

glassofOJ

• Rep: 2
« Reply #768 on: December 04, 2012, 02:46:32 PM »
So I finally got it but was super tired and was going in an out of conciousness but I was fully awake for the intro/Vince's part.

I fucking loved Vince's skating but can't even remember a damn trick he did hardly because the editing was way to fast. I know he skated at mach 30 but the edited was aweful. Hurt my eyes how the kept darting from one trick to the next every second.

REGS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #769 on: December 05, 2012, 09:23:06 PM »
I was lucky enough to speak with Malto after the premiere and he did actually mention that Guy had "about 5 hours of raw footage". He said he had an hour, and Vincent Alvarez had (wait for it...) 11 hours of raw footage. Yeah. Mike Mo backed it up too, but he added that Vincent had a ton of van footage and an absolute crapload of epic park footage and various other shenanigans. So I think the general consensus is that maybe only an hour of those 11 are skateboarding proper...maybe less.

Still, insane.

micky682

« Reply #770 on: December 06, 2012, 05:27:27 PM »
In the Deluxe Edition of Pretty Sweet, it says a digital download. Where in the dvd is the digital download? I can't find this shit?

Unbridled Technical Precision

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -329
  • C.H.Z.
« Reply #771 on: December 06, 2012, 05:33:53 PM »
So I finally got it but was super tired and was going in an out of conciousness but I was fully awake for the intro/Vince's part.

I fucking loved Vince's skating but can't even remember a damn trick he did hardly because the editing was way to fast. I know he skated at mach 30 but the edited was aweful. Hurt my eyes how the kept darting from one trick to the next every second.

hekkahyphy

« Reply #772 on: December 06, 2012, 05:47:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
The clips are from China.  A Chocolate trip in 2008/2009 to be more exact.

coulda sworn that the tws article on it said pops did a manual on that glass wall >:(

edit: nvm i read it out of context
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 05:54:28 PM by hekkahyphy »

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #773 on: December 07, 2012, 12:15:58 AM »
Question: has matt bennett done cory kennedy's ender ? It seems like a trick he'd do.

sfa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
« Reply #774 on: December 07, 2012, 09:49:10 AM »
I don't feel like reading through all of this but has there been any Easter eggs found?
I need a coffee

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
« Reply #775 on: December 07, 2012, 01:52:25 PM »
Quote from: Jered Jones  link=topic=66004.msg1800576#msg1800576 date=1354610810
the blu ray version looks so good this video is definitely worth the money i paid for it   

This is good to now. I'm gonna try and steal the blu ray copy because my friend's have it.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #776 on: December 07, 2012, 02:56:27 PM »
Ty evans is no longer the epic film director guy he once was, i think he's gotten really complacent or lazy or some combination of the two. The filming was horrible and the editing was beyond stupid. If this was filmed with vx instead of those hyped up cameras im pretty sure ty evans would be out of a job. You can barely see the tricks or get any sense of the spot half the time. Like pan out or get a better angle dipshit, its not that hard. I know the cameras are heavy but shit, you're not making a good case for higher end equipment at all.

There are a couple really good tricks that are in the bonus but for some god forsaken reason werent edited into the video.

BA has a great trick (hurricane @ hubba hideout). Nothing to say, shit looks sick and was way better than all the goofy tricks he had in his actual section.

alex has this great ollie line that reminds me of ron deily's in state of mind but this time with slow mo flowing hair that immediately cuts to a bail that has him spread eagle in a nice euro filter which is followed up by the make.

Jeron does a trick up a gap and gino has a nice looking line with a really floaty quarterpipe trick that all shouldve been im the actual video.

Carroll has some cool china stuff but its all in slow mo and ruins a couple of the tricks.

Mike mo has a couple more really cool looking tricks. Theres a line where a kid doesnt high five him back that i thought was pretty funny.

The rest is okay but that stuff really stood out to me.

Doesnt look like there are any secret parts or cool easter eggs. Must be holding out on everybody so they can resell the video next year with more bonus footage. #Prettyshitty if you ask me.

JUSTICE BEAVER

• yes
« Reply #777 on: December 07, 2012, 03:18:59 PM »
Ty evans is no longer the epic film director guy he once was, i think he's gotten really complacent or lazy or some combination of the two. The filming was horrible and the editing was beyond stupid. If this was filmed with vx instead of those hyped up cameras im pretty sure ty evans would be out of a job. You can barely see the tricks or get any sense of the spot half the time. Like pan out or get a better angle dipshit, its not that hard. I know the cameras are heavy but shit, you're not making a good case for higher end equipment at all.

There are a couple really good tricks that are in the bonus but for some god forsaken reason werent edited into the video.

BA has a great trick (hurricane @ hubba hideout). Nothing to say, shit looks sick and was way better than all the goofy tricks he had in his actual section.

alex has this great ollie line that reminds me of ron deily's in state of mind but this time with slow mo flowing hair that immediately cuts to a bail that has him spread eagle in a nice euro filter which is followed up by the make.

Jeron does a trick up a gap and gino has a nice looking line with a really floaty quarterpipe trick that all shouldve been im the actual video.

Carroll has some cool china stuff but its all in slow mo and ruins a couple of the tricks.

Mike mo has a couple more really cool looking tricks. Theres a line where a kid doesnt high five him back that i thought was pretty funny.

Doesnt look like there are any secret parts or cool easter eggs. Must be holding out on everybody so they can resell the video next year with more bonus footage. #Prettyshitty if you ask me.
Would it be sick if they all dressed poor and shouted cool slogans? SHAKE JUNT BOII CHIKKKKEN BONE BLACK PEOPLE N THE COLOUR GREEN ARE TIIIIGTH.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 03:21:23 PM by JUSTICE BEAVER »
Keenan Forever

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #778 on: December 07, 2012, 03:31:41 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Would it be sick if they all dressed poor and shouted cool slogans? SHAKE JUNT BOII CHIKKKKEN BONE BLACK PEOPLE N THE COLOUR GREEN ARE TIIIIGTH.

Whaaaaat the fuck??? Hahaha. As much as i enjoy the idea of mike carroll and guy mariano in shake junt tees screaming chicken bone nowison the answer is still no. the filming would still suck. The problem is ty evans more than it is the team.

JUSTICE BEAVER

• yes
« Reply #779 on: December 07, 2012, 03:44:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Whaaaaat the fuck??? Hahaha. As much as i enjoy the idea of mike carroll and guy mariano in shake junt tees screaming chicken bone nowison the answer is still no. the filming would still suck. The problem is ty evans more than it is the team.
Little bit drunk at the moment, but i am just under the impression that you love the whole ShakeJunt/DW/baker package a little to much... But what do i have to say, immm just a stranger on the world wide web. #FRIEDCHICKENISNOTREALLYTHATGOOD
Keenan Forever