Author Topic: Venture 2020  (Read 364305 times)

mstuntbless and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

cosmicgypsies

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 792
Re: Venture 2020
« Reply #2701 on: April 08, 2022, 03:24:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Conical bushings for more turn, barrel for more stability. I haven’t had those indy bushings, so I don’t know if they firm up, but I’ve had quite a few bushing like that.
It’s been awhile since I’ve run bones bushings in ventures, that was my go to for quite some time. Maybe they don’t fit right. These days I tend to run everything stock, including the top washer, and then just wait for the trucks to break in. I can see why some wouldn’t want to do that.
[close]

Will conical bushings help to  get  better pinch? 

My venture bushings are starting going and I have done Indy 92 blue barrel and the conical I have on Thunders right now. But I’m starting to enjoy the pop of ventures I feel my kuckflios look decent now.
[close]

I’ve got a lot of opinions, but that does not make me a good skater (re: pinch). I’ve heard folks way better than I say that the stock washer/bushings help with the pinch. For me, if trucks are too loose, it’s less of a pinch and more of a flop (no tension).

obviously it's mostly about the technique but i've been on rattling ace classics for 4 years (two different sets but i put the same old bushings in the second pair) before switching to ventures, i have the stock bushings on them with a flat top washer, i have them as loose as possible which is like medium tight on aces and while this is somewhat true, doing pinched crooked grinds on the aces felt great and having them loose as fuck helps with popping out mid-ledge, but sometimes they do come out a little floppy, like a noseslide with one wheel on top. doing a crooked grind on ventures is definitely a little harder, but they pretty much never look bad if you manage to do one. it's kinda like venture throw you off wack crooks and with ace everything goes.

goingapelikenigo

• Rep: 89
  • please don't be a hero
« Reply #2702 on: April 08, 2022, 11:47:28 AM »

i’m sorry have been out of the loop for a while but are 5.8 lows a thing??

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #2703 on: April 08, 2022, 11:55:06 AM »

not that i'm aware of or have seen at least. test versions to keep people from going to ace or a simple typo, either way it has me curious

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2704 on: April 08, 2022, 12:02:17 PM »

i think those are the gilbert crockett 5.8s
no lows in sizes wider than 5.2
yet....?
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

maggot cunt

« Reply #2705 on: April 08, 2022, 12:04:53 PM »
pros are either obsessive or clueless about what they are skating

LebowskisRug

« Reply #2706 on: April 08, 2022, 12:27:26 PM »
You’d have to be clueless to want to ride for Illegal Civ

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #2707 on: April 08, 2022, 01:22:07 PM »

It’s definitely not my thing, I’m about 30 years past the target demo.
Aramis and Zach very very good.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2708 on: April 08, 2022, 06:31:45 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
yet....?
Those are lights with forged plate, probably where he got the "low" from.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #2709 on: April 08, 2022, 07:28:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

In 2022 everyone is very good tho

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2710 on: April 08, 2022, 08:42:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

In 2022 everyone is very good tho

Some are gooder than others tho.
I’m not pro illegal civ by any means.

Come to think of it, I don’t know what board brands are cool rn. 👴🏼

hamm

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2711 on: April 11, 2022, 10:06:38 AM »
Im one of you guys now. Just traded out some Ace 44 classics for venture 5.8´s all polished. Went with the 5.8 because I didn’t want to be tied to an 8.25 and welcome more room to grind.

Added a little truck madness slider below. Hope this link works: https://www.instarestoration.com/slider/view/f1918eaa-c98d-4a89-9f47-1b729a092fac
Axel point on the right hand side is matched in the slider too.

Was running 44´s with no bottom washer and now 5.8´s stock. For some reason I thought I’d be getting a lighter set up but seems like I’ve added 5g per truck. Not sure how these old knees will find it. Did notice that the manual point is already wayyyyy easier to hold on the ventures when stationary. Yet to skate them.

Deck is a quasi proto 8.25 also

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2712 on: April 11, 2022, 07:46:54 PM »
I've been back on my Ventures for about a month now and I love them. I am running the cast 5.6 and they turn great, grind very satisfactorily, and feel good when I ollie.

I am happy with them. Quite a bit. 

Boog

• Rep: 201
« Reply #2713 on: April 12, 2022, 08:50:10 AM »
I've been back on my Ventures for about a month now and I love them. I am running the cast 5.6 and they turn great, grind very satisfactorily, and feel good when I ollie.

I am happy with them. Quite a bit.
I'm about to get some cast 5.6 for my 8.25 quasi. I have 5.8 but the board tapers to 8 on the rear and it was way too hot rod for me.

Boog

• Rep: 201
« Reply #2714 on: April 13, 2022, 12:33:00 PM »
Just got some 5.6.v lights. They feel great on my quasi 8.25. Can't wait to have a real session on them.

slaab900turbo

• Rep: -3
« Reply #2715 on: April 13, 2022, 12:56:15 PM »
Just picked up a set of the 5.6 OG Dots with the blue baseplate for $10/ea at my local Vans store. Looking forward to trying them out. Haven't had Ventures in a long time.

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2716 on: April 13, 2022, 01:50:13 PM »
Nfg is going to drop a bushing. This is such good news. I’m definitely going to cop when available. I’ll cut them venture size if I have to. Pivot cups too. To have the most core set up is my mission

Good news, they are Venture size. I have a test set and measured them with my calipers, the bottom bushings are about .01" thinner than bushings I previously had in my Ventures which is too small of a difference to notice in my opinion, especially considering that Deluxe's tolerances for their bushing sizing is within that range anyways. The top bushing is a bit smaller though, so you might have to crank them down a bit more to get a comparable turn to Venture bushings. I like how much more loose they make my Ventures though, they feel a lot more surfy and responsive.

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
  • rest in peace Loaf
« Reply #2717 on: April 13, 2022, 01:50:55 PM »
Does anybody know if the baseplates used for Venture Los and His are the same baseplate?

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2718 on: April 13, 2022, 02:02:20 PM »
Does anybody know if the baseplates used for Venture Los and His are the same baseplate?

My understanding is the baseplates are the same, and can be interchanged.

Ronnie Rodriguez

« Reply #2719 on: April 13, 2022, 02:20:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

My understanding is the baseplates are the same, and can be interchanged.

Correct. Venture baseplates are interchangeable between hangars.

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #2720 on: April 13, 2022, 04:30:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Nfg is going to drop a bushing. This is such good news. I’m definitely going to cop when available. I’ll cut them venture size if I have to. Pivot cups too. To have the most core set up is my mission
[close]

Good news, they are Venture size. I have a test set and measured them with my calipers, the bottom bushings are about .01" thinner than bushings I previously had in my Ventures which is too small of a difference to notice in my opinion, especially considering that Deluxe's tolerances for their bushing sizing is within that range anyways. The top bushing is a bit smaller though, so you might have to crank them down a bit more to get a comparable turn to Venture bushings. I like how much more loose they make my Ventures though, they feel a lot more surfy and responsive.

hoolllly shit thank you. i saw their story on instagram and it had some like "low, high, something" as a label and 2 of the three were cones i want to say?? either way, was sweating it and now i'm not

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 953
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #2721 on: April 13, 2022, 07:27:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
yet....?
[close]

I believe that it could be intentional miss labeled as low to get truck nerds to engage on the social media.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 953
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #2722 on: April 13, 2022, 07:30:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That’s frickin awesome.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #2723 on: April 13, 2022, 10:33:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
yet....?
[close]
[close]

I believe that it could be intentional miss labeled as low to get truck nerds to engage on the social media.
but wait a minute
samples?
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

MalHuis

• Rep: 4
« Reply #2724 on: April 14, 2022, 12:59:19 AM »
Yo Venture gang i need answers please.

Been on ace af1 55s and indy 149ti for some time now but have a quasi PStix pressed 8.25 that has flattened out. After some gear madness put some 148 team thunders on and love the pop feel after but 100% truth I'm defs not a thunder guy. It works so well I want to be but just cant.

Now my question, I'm considering some ventures and want to go 5.6 but not sure if i should go V-Hollow forged or Standard 5.6 cast? Which would be the closest to a 148 team thunders pop feel or am I way off and i will just be disappointed? I like the idea of a v-hollow with a slightly bigger wheel. but in my head the cast would work out better, I'm a Ben Degros guy and he hated the cast..Need help yo

Pee nis

• Rep: 20
« Reply #2725 on: April 14, 2022, 05:36:09 AM »

Been on ace af1 55s and indy 149ti for some time now but have a quasi PStix pressed 8.25 that has flattened out. After some gear madness put some 148 team thunders on and love the pop feel after but 100% truth I'm defs not a thunder guy. It works so well I want to be but just cant.

Now my question, I'm considering some ventures and want to go 5.6 but not sure if i should go V-Hollow forged or Standard 5.6 cast? Which would be the closest to a 148 team thunders pop feel or am I way off and i will just be disappointed? I like the idea of a v-hollow with a slightly bigger wheel. but in my head the cast would work out better, I'm a Ben Degros guy and he hated the cast..Need help yo

Cast 100% since quasi have flat stubby tail and 14.25 WB. Cast will keep WB slightly shorter and the extra height works well with the stub tail. If you wanna nerd out put a hollow hanger on the cast baseplate to cut a bit of weight.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1586
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2726 on: April 14, 2022, 09:42:22 AM »
I run the forged because I’m lazy and because I’m still mad at the height which I think is a considerable difference from a thunder…..

Ben’s rationale behind the forged was something like :‘I don’t know, it just doesn’t feel the same’ which I think is not far off from my assessment of ‘they look dumb’.

maggot cunt

« Reply #2727 on: April 14, 2022, 11:29:18 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Cast 100% since quasi have flat stubby tail and 14.25 WB. Cast will keep WB slightly shorter and the extra height works well with the stub tail. If you wanna nerd out put a hollow hanger on the cast baseplate to cut a bit of weight.

did this today, shit slaps

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #2728 on: April 14, 2022, 01:01:52 PM »
I run the forged because I’m lazy and because I’m still mad at the height which I think is a considerable difference from a thunder…..

Ben’s rationale behind the forged was something like :‘I don’t know, it just doesn’t feel the same’ which I think is not far off from my assessment of ‘they look dumb’.
forged ventures are the same height as cast thunders bar 147s
they dont look nearly as dumb as forged indys
bens heavy indy bias forces terrible takes on other trucks

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 315
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #2729 on: April 14, 2022, 02:49:51 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
forged ventures are the same height as cast thunders bar 147s
they dont look nearly as dumb as forged indys
bens heavy indy bias forces terrible takes on other trucks
I think you mean cast Thunder 148+ which are 52mm tall (161s are 53mm). Thunder 147s are pretty low (50mm) which is why they're kind of in a league of their own (with pros like Ishod and Cromer who ride 147s)
https://www.thundertrucks.com/sizing/

Venture cast height is 53.5mm and forged would be 52mm (for the High versions btw)