Author Topic: Venture 2020  (Read 364299 times)

rikki

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 302
Re: Venture 2020
« Reply #5400 on: February 02, 2024, 06:31:12 AM »
Expand Quote
As Venture bushings are basically nonexistent outside of new trucks, which bushings are the best (size-wise) as replacements for Venture Hi's? Indy?

Tried searching but got lost in the jungle. Much obliged.
[close]

Indy bushings definitely work in them, maybe the most common bushings to get hold of in almost all duro options and are the same shape and work well.

Other people have tried Doh Dohs, Pig bushings and more I just can't remember right now, with mixed results, but I guess it is down to what you prefer the most.

Or what colours you can or cannot deal with for bushings, but the Indy 88 duro red bushings actually work quite well as stock replacements, or for people who want a little more stiffness in their trucks, but can still turn as needed.

I tried them in everything, mainly because I had a lot of them left over from a shop closing, but they have a reputation for being annoyingly different, otherwise the blue 92 duro work well, no issues and are the most common bushing for people to get, which feel a bit better than stock once broken in.  Of course the orange also work well, but I always feel weird, orange bushings in Indy = yes, orange in any other truck = not if I can help it.

Thanks! Yeah I vaguely remember Indy bushings being mentioned as a possible option for Ventures here too, I just wasn't sure about the size. I ride the blue 92s in my Indys and love 'em. Also, no problem about the colour -- I might be in the minority, but I really don't care what colour my bushings are. The more weird the combination the better, almost.

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 315
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #5401 on: February 02, 2024, 06:44:06 AM »
i'm currently running the blue indy top bushings in venture 5.6s highs. the bushing is slightly taller than stock, but it's been working fine for me

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1187
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5402 on: February 02, 2024, 08:25:21 AM »
Why is the thread called venture 2020? Did something change that year? Recently picked up some 6.1s, came with yellow bushings and the manufacture date in the sticker was 2020. Are they still identical to the trucks from this year with the purple bushings?

hardly art, hardly starving

Paperclip20

• Rep: 137
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #5403 on: February 02, 2024, 10:59:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Why is the thread called venture 2020? Did something change that year? Recently picked up some 6.1s, came with yellow bushings and the manufacture date in the sticker was 2020. Are they still identical to the trucks from this year with the purple bushings?
[close]

This needs to be written in the scriptures.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1017
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #5404 on: February 02, 2024, 11:46:15 AM »
As Venture bushings are basically nonexistent outside of new trucks, which bushings are the best (size-wise) as replacements for Venture Hi's? Indy?

Tried searching but got lost in the jungle. Much obliged.

Deluxe Tack & Supply Supercush bushings, if you can find them or just use Indy, the tops are 1mm taller at best and work fine. Currently running Indy Black barrrel bottoms, bones hard tops (they compress down real nice, no need for a washer) in my forged 5.8s now that I ride tighter.

If you like looser, ACE regular bottoms and ACE HARD LOW tops (requires two sets of bushing$); is an amazing combo in Ventures...they get so swervy but still stable.

Was our Savior Bobby riding the 14.44 WB twin back then? Ventures + that wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelbaaaaaaaaaaase.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2024, 12:05:16 PM by Xen »

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5405 on: February 02, 2024, 12:37:11 PM »
im on 14.5 with forged baseplates
the idea that it shouldnt work is greatly exaggerated
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1038
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5406 on: February 02, 2024, 03:25:04 PM »

Probably way too late now, but yes they are the same trucks, just the first release of the wider 6.1 truck on the market had the yellow bushings, as per a set I have, compared to a more recent set I just got recently with the usual purple bushings.

Comparing the trucks they are the same look and feel and everything else.

And I have put 6.1 Ventures on an AH white eagle 8.75 board with 14.6 wb and they work well.  Maybe the wider versions work better, but I also skated 5.8 on an 8.5 board which also skated well.

I guess it is down to what you are used to or what you adapt to, not just what facts and figures on paper or the internet say.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 953
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #5407 on: February 02, 2024, 08:40:02 PM »
The newest shiny Venture bushings are off the chain.

I got to ride two boards today. One the 13.8 wb with 5.8s has white Indy super softs. They're well broken in. They take about two hours to freeze to a Krux k4 cranked tightness.
It's my main winter bushing because of that. Unless I got a dlx loose trucks kit. Or a well cut purple front bushing.

I got my 6.1s on a 14" wb  same brand that have the NEW AWESOME METALLIC Purps. They're the best set of bushings I've had since V2020. Maybe since like 2016. That includes the bones med top ace stock bottom combo that I loved before becoming full time awake.

The purps with the Glow and the light color don't freeze all the way. When they do my flat washers jingle and the Heaven Ride kicks in like VTEC.

It's the best feeling on earth. I should just chop a mm of my bait and tackle hard green warlords. I got um on ice. Case I get a ride up to the ramp. Then I'll bust um out. Show everyone the glory.

I hope they stick around. Everyone who's stepped into my board with the 6.1s agreed. They feel so good. People comparison the feeling old trucks gave.

These are respected opinions to me. The highest really. No one else I know is more legit a skate brain world wide.

I say YES! I feel like a kid when I'm going. Kinda like old Thunders.

They said Indy tho
« Last Edit: February 02, 2024, 08:51:35 PM by Uncle Flea »
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1586
« Reply #5408 on: February 02, 2024, 09:28:58 PM »
I just plain don’t skate boards that big but what makes the bigger ventures so good?  I’d guess deeper turning? 

rikki

• Rep: 302
« Reply #5409 on: February 03, 2024, 03:32:50 AM »
Been absolutely loving the DLX True Fit 8.25 x 31.5 x 13.88 with my 5.6 V-Lights recently. Haven't felt this agile on a board in a while. Even had a blast on transition the other day.

I just need a short enough tail when my wheelbase is short -- if the tail is much over 6.5, my pop seems to go haywire.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5410 on: February 04, 2024, 11:54:17 AM »
I just plain don’t skate boards that big but what makes the bigger ventures so good?  I’d guess deeper turning?

Definitely a factor. I'm putting the new awesome purps in my 5.8s rn.

I'll have a better idea after that.

I gotta make the 6.1 the PT truck. It's funny to say but I just can't hang. My kickflips at regular cruiser speed hit primo 1/5 on the 6.1. On the 5.8 it's like 1/15. Could be the 9" bloard or the Radial full.

I'm doing a full mix up and cleaning of surfaces as I type.

But yeah
The turn is the ultimate boner factor of the 6.1.

Plus I been watching Brian O'Dwyer's Baker has a death wish over and over. I'm kinda done pretending to be Kader for a few weeks. Ive been finding myself rolling around whistling When the lights go down in the city everywhere I go.

6.1 in the spring. 5.8s rn. I'd do my 5.6s but I'm feeling Uber lazy post illness. Illnesses. This season has been brutal.here.

(A)pl(E)

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5411 on: February 04, 2024, 04:58:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Where? how?

hiljentaa

• Rep: 317
« Reply #5412 on: February 04, 2024, 06:22:53 PM »
I left my board behind at the skatepark a couple weeks ago. Had my 5.2 V-Lights on it. Thought it was gone forever, but turns out local homie grabbed it and has been holding onto it for me.

It's just a skateboard, but those trucks are near and dear to my heart at this point. So thankful to him for grabbing my setup. He's a fellow Venture rider, so I am going to offer my 5.6 V-Hollows to him as a reward.

God bless skateboarders for giving a damn about each other.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #5413 on: February 04, 2024, 07:17:26 PM »
I left my board behind at the skatepark a couple weeks ago. Had my 5.2 V-Lights on it. Thought it was gone forever, but turns out local homie grabbed it and has been holding onto it for me.

It's just a skateboard, but those trucks are near and dear to my heart at this point. So thankful to him for grabbing my setup. He's a fellow Venture rider, so I am going to offer my 5.6 V-Hollows to him as a reward.

what’s your fave deck with the 5.2 v-lights (i’m assuming hi’s)

hiljentaa

« Reply #5414 on: February 04, 2024, 07:24:10 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

8.125 PS Stix, no question.

(And, yessir 5.2 V-Light hi- too scared to try the 5.2 lo on forged baseplates lol)

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5415 on: February 04, 2024, 08:12:04 PM »
 :-\n
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

(And, yessir 5.2 V-Light hi- too scared to try the 5.2 lo on forged baseplates lol)

thanks!

was just skating the 5.2 lo’s on an 8.125 PS (with 52 v1 x97s….)

i’ve skated Lo’s off and on for ever. Forged Lo’s are really hard to skate.
forged plate hi’s are great tho.

hiljentaa

« Reply #5416 on: February 04, 2024, 08:21:53 PM »
:-\n
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

thanks!

was just skating the 5.2 lo’s on an 8.125 PS (with 52 v1 x97s….)

i’ve skated Lo’s off and on for ever. Forged Lo’s are really hard to skate.
forged plate hi’s are great tho.

Post yr shit mane!

Los are what I want to skate all the time, but even 52s are pushing it.

The forged hi's work really well for my supremely subpar skillset. Though they definitely do extend the wheelbase noticeably more than cast varieties.

I'm on a mission to settle into my favorite 8" truck this year between 5.2 hi V-Lights, Thunder 147 and 5.2 lo. God bless my mess.

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 315
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #5417 on: February 05, 2024, 08:35:44 AM »

ishod still riding ventures on the miles silvas soty trip in mexico

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5418 on: February 05, 2024, 10:30:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Where? how?

They just changed the formula or something.

The clear one's with the sparkling interior are the ones
(A)pl(E)

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5419 on: February 05, 2024, 10:47:06 AM »

i wonder if these are the dbl drilled ones.
is he skating 5.2 hi’s?

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5420 on: February 05, 2024, 10:51:23 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'll have a better idea after that.

I gotta make the 6.1 the PT truck. It's funny to say but I just can't hang. My kickflips at regular cruiser speed hit primo 1/5 on the 6.1. On the 5.8 it's like 1/15. Could be the 9" bloard or the Radial full.

I'm doing a full mix up and cleaning of surfaces as I type.

But yeah
The turn is the ultimate boner factor of the 6.1.

Plus I been watching Brian O'Dwyer's Baker has a death wish over and over. I'm kinda done pretending to be Kader for a few weeks. Ive been finding myself rolling around whistling When the lights go down in the city everywhere I go.

6.1 in the spring. 5.8s rn. I'd do my 5.6s but I'm feeling Uber lazy post illness. Illnesses. This season has been brutal.here.

i shouldn’t skate sizes that big, it does nothing for my skating.
i am of the firm belief that wider trucks turn less, and that is why i like them: stability.

flea: does kader skate 6.1s? does BOD skate 5.8s?
 just by the by, board/truck sizes seem to be creeping towards smaller, but i’m not sure. feels like i’m seeing more overhang, less hotrod, maybe folks moving towards 5.6, from 5.8. but that’s just glancing at videos, hard to tell.

as far as who i’m trying to invoke with my ventures….nick matthews, Lavar, Puleo

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1038
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #5421 on: February 05, 2024, 03:00:42 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i wonder if these are the dbl drilled ones.
is he skating 5.2 hi’s?

Guessing they are the same ones, really giving them a good go - they look well used on close inspection - hangers have some major grooves in them.

Also I think Kader was on a bigger board with 6.1 but now on 5.8s from what someone else had said / posted a while back, when he went down to a more normal size board, truck, wheel combo.

Could be wrong though as I don't really pay a whole lot of attention to him, but I have a Baker Kader 9 with 169s on it, all trade ins from others, which is kind of fun to stand on and compare.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #5422 on: February 05, 2024, 04:39:40 PM »
carl aikens pro v-hollow
5.2 low and 5.6
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5423 on: February 05, 2024, 06:20:38 PM »
carl aikens pro v-hollow
5.2 low and 5.6

looked at em for the 5.2L….my Lo’s rn are the gilbert cw from a few years back, and a raw truck would be nice.
not mad at how these look.
not gonna tho

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1964
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #5424 on: February 05, 2024, 06:23:04 PM »
carl aikens pro v-hollow
5.2 low and 5.6

I occasionally like to mix it up with a colored baseplate but this is an unfortunate color combination.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5425 on: February 05, 2024, 06:23:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Where? how?
[close]

They just changed the formula or something.

The clear one's with the sparkling interior are the ones

Right, but where/how did you get them? You said "I'm putting the new awesome purps in my 5.8s rn." did you swap them when new or something?

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #5426 on: February 05, 2024, 07:21:48 PM »
Expand Quote
carl aikens pro v-hollow
5.2 low and 5.6

[close]

I occasionally like to mix it up with a colored baseplate but this is an unfortunate color combination.

the shirt color combo is p good tho

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5427 on: February 05, 2024, 07:37:13 PM »
Expand Quote
carl aikens pro v-hollow
5.2 low and 5.6

[close]

It's horrible...at least top that shit off with gold hardware (FFS just  swap hardware between these and the Salt and Pepper, BOTH would look way better).

Also, lighting is everything - each looks like a different colorway

« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 07:47:07 PM by Xen »

slapattack

• Rep: 14
« Reply #5428 on: February 05, 2024, 07:40:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The only thing I really see/hear is Thunder is probably doing something…..Venture is always going to be the stepchild and that’s why we love it…..
[close]

Seeing Ishod ride Ventures with the double drilled baseplates gives me a glimmer of hope that we'd get something new, but I'm not holding my breath for that.
[close]

i’d just like the measurements of the dbl drilled baseplate.
[close]

The original six hole baseplates made it 3/8 difference on each truck, but I think those trucks are drilled about 1/4" each so a half inch shorter wheelbase in total, which works really well for some of those longer boards out there, especially if you like a little more in the tail too.

As Venture are longer in wheelbase anyway, it actually works out really well, on something like the DLX 8.38 board with 14.5 wb that comes down to 14 even, which is what I put those trucks on when I tried them out.

I still haven't seen any more about them, or tried drilling out any of these baseplates I have here, but it is on the to do list, that's for sure.
[close]

i will bug you about this more, in the future
[close]

I wonder if anyone has hit up DLX asking about double drilled Venture baseplates yet - could be a thing, or strictly DIY at your own risk type of deal.

Either way, it might make Venture an option for a whole lot more skaters if it was like that - baseplate drilled like a Thunder truck more in the middle than at the ends where it currently sits now.

I saw Tanner Burzinski post a setup pic a while back with double drilled ventures and assumed he did it himself but now I think we might be onto something.

Mongo Lloyd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
« Reply #5429 on: February 06, 2024, 10:33:58 AM »
So I have a question I’m hoping one of our resident gear freak scientists can assist with.

Basically I’m curious to try a set of 6.1 loose trucks, but I’m
Not 100% I’m going to take to them. As a precaution, and knowing Venture doesn’t sell aftermarket bushings.. I’m wondering if any of you can point me onto a set of after market bushings I can purchase that are comparable to the current bushings in a stick set of Ventures? (That felt like a mountain of explaining)!

As in, a replacement set of bushings that is drop in replacement, same size and durometer.

Do you get deja vu, huh?