Author Topic: The Nice Club  (Read 34251 times)

BobbyPshew

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -66
Re: The Nice Club
« Reply #210 on: May 05, 2022, 03:07:43 AM »
Still annoyed they cut Grosso's interview to shit.

I really hope we get to see that, one day.
Jeff was probably the best interview subject they've had, smart, sharp as a tack, stories for days, and they pretty much blew it.
R.I.P. Jeff.
Ron Don's Playpen-Home Of The $2 Lap Dance

Goodkidmaadcity823

• Rep: -8
« Reply #211 on: May 05, 2022, 03:47:47 AM »
Yeah only real dude in there now is Jeron now that Rodger went behind the camera. I can't listen to any of the episodes unless it's somebody I already am a fan of..where the bunt puts dudes on I've never heard of but asks such interesting questions that I learn to like the person from the interview.

It's so clear 9clubs a bunch of dudes desperately clinging to the skate business and don't want real jobs so they have to play by company rules.

Expand Quote
Everyone on The Nine Club is way too Nice.

Everything, every story, each comment = Amazing Bro. So cool. Amazing. Great Job. Thank you so much. So amazing bro. Wow.

Also, someone tell Kelly to step off the button every other laugh. That dude is LOLing his ass into the mic over everything. The guest is like “and I thats when I was at 711 and I bought a slurpee” and for some reason Kelly is doubled over.

I miss Roger energy, I like Eldy too- but the show needs more critics and critical thinking and conversation.
[close]
That's what The Bunt is for.  I always feel like Crob and friends are too close to the industry still and don't want to offend anyone.  So they like everything by default.  Jeron is pretty good to have around though.

Scrotal_Recall

« Reply #212 on: May 05, 2022, 04:09:57 AM »
They are ticking a box for someone - just not you.
turn head 90 degrees.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1973
« Reply #213 on: May 05, 2022, 05:12:27 AM »
I don't get why people Jeron is somehow more "real" than the rest of them. The only thing he adds to the show is repeating people with a funny voice for emphasis. The only time he ever expresses a real opinion is when they ask him if it's budget or buttery to shit your pants or something.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 985
« Reply #214 on: May 05, 2022, 06:53:35 AM »
Probably because he is the only one that doesn't try to fill the room full of laughter or say "wow bro" every 8 seconds.

Audrey II

• Rep: 14188
« Reply #215 on: May 05, 2022, 07:28:30 AM »
damn thats crazy yall still listen to 9 club, slap usually is pretty good at seeing through the bullshit.
You got questions? Ask me like a fucking man. You know my Insta.

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
« Reply #216 on: May 05, 2022, 07:48:18 AM »
damn thats crazy yall still listen to 9 club, slap usually is pretty good at seeing through the bullshit.

LOL
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

Shuh

• Rep: 1
« Reply #217 on: May 05, 2022, 08:46:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

LOL

I deadass forgot about the exprience today

Southernmost

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #218 on: May 05, 2022, 01:17:12 PM »
I don't get why people Jeron is somehow more "real" than the rest of them. The only thing he adds to the show is repeating people with a funny voice for emphasis. The only time he ever expresses a real opinion is when they ask him if it's budget or buttery to shit your pants or something.

Jeron does have a decent memory (some times) of some of the earlier years and also adds a friend/homie factor with some of the guests. Still not enough to get me to listen to most of the episodes. Only listened to parts of the experience a few times. It has to be a really good guest for me to listen to the Nice club. Like mentioned above the Bunt can interview nearly anyone and I’m tuned in enjoying it. And Heckride obviously.

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #219 on: May 05, 2022, 04:16:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Still annoyed they cut Grosso's interview to shit.
[close]

I really hope we get to see that, one day.
Jeff was probably the best interview subject they've had, smart, sharp as a tack, stories for days, and they pretty much blew it.
R.I.P. Jeff.

They only cut what Jeff asked them to cut.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1586
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #220 on: May 05, 2022, 04:25:03 PM »
The wishes of a celebrated dead man?  We deserve to know!

everythingisgreat

• Rep: -130
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #221 on: May 05, 2022, 09:40:02 PM »
Yeah only real dude in there now is Jeron now that Rodger went behind the camera. I can't listen to any of the episodes unless it's somebody I already am a fan of..where the bunt puts dudes on I've never heard of but asks such interesting questions that I learn to like the person from the interview.

It's so clear 9clubs a bunch of dudes desperately clinging to the skate business and don't want real jobs so they have to play by company rules.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Everyone on The Nine Club is way too Nice.

Everything, every story, each comment = Amazing Bro. So cool. Amazing. Great Job. Thank you so much. So amazing bro. Wow.

Also, someone tell Kelly to step off the button every other laugh. That dude is LOLing his ass into the mic over everything. The guest is like “and I thats when I was at 711 and I bought a slurpee” and for some reason Kelly is doubled over.

I miss Roger energy, I like Eldy too- but the show needs more critics and critical thinking and conversation.
[close]
That's what The Bunt is for.  I always feel like Crob and friends are too close to the industry still and don't want to offend anyone.  So they like everything by default.  Jeron is pretty good to have around though.
[close]

everythingisgreat

« Reply #222 on: May 05, 2022, 09:54:48 PM »
Probably because he is the only one that doesn't try to fill the room full of laughter or say "wow bro" every 8 seconds.

Yeah, but he can be too “agreeable”? For lack of better term, just like the rest of them can be as well.

To me, the show lacks some edge, and it’s a shame because they do have many interesting people on. Two ways I could see spicing it up a bit moving forward:

1. Have less hosts, co-hosts, commentators, turkeys(whatever you want to call them), on the show.

2. Have (or encourage) differing opinions between hosts, co-hosts, commentators, turkeys on the show.

There isn’t anything interesting to me about 5 guys all agreeing with each other about everything.

The production value is always excellent, however I can’t enjoy the show the same as I used to. That is sad and I would like to feel differently... fingers crossed for a turnaround in one way or the other.

Lo-fi Explosion

• Rep: 7
« Reply #223 on: May 06, 2022, 02:50:16 AM »
He was also the only one that held against stevies "make skateboarding the nba" argument

Lucky_Basek

• Rep: 56
« Reply #224 on: May 06, 2022, 03:34:16 AM »
I think it's easy to get caught in a trap of Nine Club versus Bunt in a zero sum game which somehow reflects one's poor taste (nine club) or good taste (bunt).

It's not as if the Nine Club is pathological amateur hour and the Bunt is Pulitzer prize winning stuff.

They can both be hit and miss. Good guests can overcome this on both shows. But when the guest is underwhelming neither set of hosts is turning water into wine.

The Bunt hosts are just more likeable and genuine and I think that's why people overlook its flaws.

It would be great to discuss one without mentioning the other.

Fancy Lad podcast is actually what talking about skating with your friends is like...it can be shambolic but so is talking about skating with your friends after too many clown shoe beers.

The Spanky episode nearly made me crash the car.

sluggers

• Rep: -407
« Reply #225 on: May 06, 2022, 03:49:30 AM »
Average Slap pal: a trillion opinions on things you profess to abhor and supposedly never partake in.

If your hate is so visceral, your feelings so negative, for the sake of your health and well-being don’t click, don’t comment, just let it exist outside of the realm of your conscious existence.

Slap toxicity indulgence may seem like a lot of fun and games, but deep down it eats away at your soul no matter how ironic, no fucks given, cool guy attitude and pose you feign.

And, fuck to high hell, the dude who posted above “wondering” about commercial use of a rental property. Get the fuck out.

Shalom.

OldSkater

• Rep: -49
« Reply #226 on: May 06, 2022, 04:07:24 AM »
Average Slap pal: a trillion opinions on things you profess to abhor and supposedly never partake in.

If your hate is so visceral, your feelings so negative, for the sake of your health and well-being don’t click, don’t comment, just let it exist outside of the realm of your conscious existence.

Slap toxicity indulgence may seem like a lot of fun and games, but deep down it eats away at your soul no matter how ironic, no fucks given, cool guy attitude and pose you feign.

And, fuck to high hell, the dude who posted above “wondering” about commercial use of a rental property. Get the fuck out.

Shalom.

yeah i dont know how to interpret that comment other than "hey guys should we be snitchin'?" lol

TurboVirgin

• Rep: 6
« Reply #227 on: May 06, 2022, 04:14:42 AM »

Shalom.

Toxic positivity.  The idea that criticism is fundamentally bad is detrimental.  We shouldn't be held to the expectation of complacency while things go to shit.  I think you are being unfair.

somefucker

« Reply #228 on: May 06, 2022, 04:55:53 AM »
just end the whole show fr

Jonny7.5Alive

• Rep: 87
« Reply #229 on: May 06, 2022, 07:15:37 AM »
Expand Quote

Shalom.
[close]

yeah i dont know how to interpret that comment other than "hey guys should we be snitchin'?" lol

Yeah someone wants to be a slap hero and rat them out is the vibe I got.

Imagine being that pathetic

IpathCats

« Reply #230 on: May 06, 2022, 07:21:23 AM »

I came here to more or less just say this.

everythingisgreat

« Reply #231 on: May 09, 2022, 12:02:29 PM »
Alright 9 Club... I am excited for this one, excellent comedian Mark Normand as guest (surprising pull)

Could this be a turn in the right direction for them?

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 370
« Reply #232 on: May 09, 2022, 12:09:44 PM »
Alright 9 Club... I am excited for this one, excellent comedian Mark Normand as guest (surprising pull)

No. Of course not. Did you buy those stupid Fallens?

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1973
« Reply #233 on: May 09, 2022, 12:12:53 PM »

everythingisgreat

« Reply #234 on: May 09, 2022, 10:35:55 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

No. Of course not. Did you buy those stupid Fallens?

Lol

OldSkater

• Rep: -49
« Reply #235 on: May 22, 2022, 02:07:40 PM »
anyone have opinions on noted non-skater, non filmer and generally non skate affiliated dirtbag Gary Vaynerchuk being on the show?

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 407
« Reply #236 on: May 23, 2022, 02:30:10 AM »
I literally have NO clue who that guy is ...

bohemian

• Rep: -324
« Reply #237 on: May 23, 2022, 03:02:09 AM »
anyone have opinions on noted non-skater, non filmer and generally non skate affiliated dirtbag Gary Vaynerchuk being on the show?

they reached a new low

Jaydd

• Rep: 2
« Reply #238 on: May 23, 2022, 05:41:25 AM »

I'm a fan of it. I also like Gary V, dude is a bit .
Kind of funny because he talks about a lot of stuff relevant to the skate world without having any real inside knowledge.

They also bring up the Nice Club thing lol

v.2.0.0.1

• Rep: 0
« Reply #239 on: May 23, 2022, 05:45:59 AM »
It be nice if they properly introduced these non skate folks so we knew kinda what they do.  Have to piece it together yourself.