Author Topic: The Nice Club  (Read 33664 times)

Mantracker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
Re: The Nice Club
« Reply #150 on: January 28, 2022, 07:31:54 AM »
Expand Quote
I want to like Steezus because why not but I think he tries too hard and overcompensates for the fact he achieved the least in skating and is supposed to be best on camera / “know the most” - but the fact he will never be on the main show crossed with the fact that he isn’t encyclopedic about shit besides shoes like Roger and Tim make it uncomfortable to watch him operate
[close]

With humble beginnings originating from Kansas City, MO, DeWayne "Steezus Christ" McMurry is a living expression of what life looks like when you stay true to what you believe in and pursue your dreams.

From manifesting some of the most extraordinary opportunities, to withholding the composure to battle through unfavorable situations, DeWayne has been a genuine inspiration to not only his peers and individuals around the world, but has truly influenced an entire culture and inspired the new generation.

As one of the most known unknowns in the world of skateboarding, DeWayne's association with The Berrics, one of the world's most visited skate websites, introduced the general public to the "Steezus Christ" brand. His infectious personality and good energy was undeniable, and his 'public debut' on The Berrics created a cult following, which compounded DeWayne's positive influence on the culture over night. DeWayne’s been an industry figurehead ever since, effectively producing and creating content behind the scenes, whilst simultaneously maintaining a strong on-camera presence.

With an unwavering desire for knowledge, a non-stop positive outlook on life, and a contagiously uplifting spirit, DeWayne has not only been the ideal ambassador for a bundle of industry-critical brands such as New Era, Skullcandy, eS Footwear, and The Berrics, but most notably has transcended the skateboard industry to become a notable figure in the sneaker world and streetwear culture.

Under his mantra of "Don't quit your day dream", DeWayne is a reminder to all that dreams do come true and a lifestyle can become your job. DeWayne is a reflection of patience, persistence and conviction, of which he stayed true to himself and his beliefs. Thus, resulting in a character who is well-known globally for his passion to continue growing skateboarding ethically, and keeping kids all around the world uplifted and inspired.

DeWayne is one of the most recognizable digital media profiles in the industry, and is blessed to travel the world and engage the youth, investing his time simply to remind kids and his admirers not to quit their day dream. That said, it's clear that DeWayne’s ability to inspire others simply through his inherent character and way of living is due to his conscious efforts to stay grounded, and most importantly, spend time to reflect. This can be seen on a weekly basis on the globally recognized podcast, The Nine Club Experience.

DeWayne's delivery, both verbally and in action, is a demonstration that qualifies he lives by the advice he gives. Unquestionably respected by his peers, associates and corporate partners, DeWayne is a pure "by-product" of what a wholesome life in skate-boarding can create if one stays true to themselves and the culture that raised them.  DeWayne’s embodiment of this testament is what makes him so valuable to the industry, of which he stands to become a legacy-profile that will never be forgotten.

What’s worse? Writing this yourself or paying someone to write it about you?

Straight to jail

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #151 on: January 28, 2022, 07:53:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I just checked their Twitch and their numbers are not that good. Their most viewed stream is like 2k people, which for a relevant comparison, that Gifted Hater kid also does Twitch and one of his lowest streams is about 2k people.

I feel like they're spreading themselves too thin if they're actually trying to garner attention. Looks like when they upload the streams back to YouTube it does better, but why split it up at all? Especially if both shows are essentially just them sitting around talking to each other eating snacks?
[close]
You make more money from twitch than YT. A lot of people do streams there then upload back to youtube
[close]

Sure, but if your main attraction on Twitch is at odd hours and it's more or less the same thing they do on YouTube anyway, then it's not very lucrative. I'm not even trying to be negative, but as far as I can tell their main Twitch show is basically just the Experience pt 2, and even on YouTube it doesn't seem to get anywhere near the amount of views as the main show.

Their live YouTube show and their live Twitch show feel like two halves of one show.
[close]

Their Twitch is more to interact with their audience and answer questions and stuff. They end uo making money from pledges and donations so why not increase your revenue more if you have the option you know?

I know its fun for some of you to trash the nine club but with their twitch they get to build their community and make a little more coin at the same time

I wont be tuning in but i say good for them and their supporters who take whatever value they can from it

But they do all of this on the Experience too. They also make a lot of remarks about how hard it is to break through on Twitch and how their viewership isn't the same. I'm not just trashing them relentlessly because I wouldn't know any of this if I didn't watch. And judging by the comments, it seems like even their most dedicated fans agree that they've become pretty scattered.

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 66
« Reply #152 on: January 28, 2022, 08:03:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I just checked their Twitch and their numbers are not that good. Their most viewed stream is like 2k people, which for a relevant comparison, that Gifted Hater kid also does Twitch and one of his lowest streams is about 2k people.

I feel like they're spreading themselves too thin if they're actually trying to garner attention. Looks like when they upload the streams back to YouTube it does better, but why split it up at all? Especially if both shows are essentially just them sitting around talking to each other eating snacks?
[close]
You make more money from twitch than YT. A lot of people do streams there then upload back to youtube
[close]

Sure, but if your main attraction on Twitch is at odd hours and it's more or less the same thing they do on YouTube anyway, then it's not very lucrative. I'm not even trying to be negative, but as far as I can tell their main Twitch show is basically just the Experience pt 2, and even on YouTube it doesn't seem to get anywhere near the amount of views as the main show.

Their live YouTube show and their live Twitch show feel like two halves of one show.
[close]

Their Twitch is more to interact with their audience and answer questions and stuff. They end uo making money from pledges and donations so why not increase your revenue more if you have the option you know?

I know its fun for some of you to trash the nine club but with their twitch they get to build their community and make a little more coin at the same time

I wont be tuning in but i say good for them and their supporters who take whatever value they can from it
[close]

But they do all of this on the Experience too. They also make a lot of remarks about how hard it is to break through on Twitch and how their viewership isn't the same. I'm not just trashing them relentlessly because I wouldn't know any of this if I didn't watch. And judging by the comments, it seems like even their most dedicated fans agree that they've become pretty scattered.

my bad my comment is all over the place. I dont mean you specifically, more in a general sense in these nine club threads

From what Ive noticed with the show it seems like they are trying to offer more for their audience and do something out of their norm. To me the only way they'll be able to do that is with more random Rog reviews or something, or like that shit of Eldy with the metal detector

I think Eldy does a good job with what he does in the Green Room. I havent sat through a whole one but when people ask good questions it is cool

But I could just be saying that because I was a fan of all the Theory shoes

I get what you mean though about them doing that all on the Experience, but I guess the easiest way to put it is that the Experience is more of a "show" than an open forum for discussion even though that line gets blurred sometimes

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #153 on: January 28, 2022, 08:16:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

my bad my comment is all over the place. I dont mean you specifically, more in a general sense in these nine club threads

From what Ive noticed with the show it seems like they are trying to offer more for their audience and do something out of their norm. To me the only way they'll be able to do that is with more random Rog reviews or something, or like that shit of Eldy with the metal detector

I think Eldy does a good job with what he does in the Green Room. I havent sat through a whole one but when people ask good questions it is cool

I get what you mean though about them doing that all on the Experience, but I guess the easiest way to put it is that the Experience is more of a "show" than an open forum for discussion even though that line gets blurred sometimes

This last bit is my biggest issue because lately that line is almost nonexistent. In the newest episode it literally took them an hour to actually get to a topic about skateboarding. And even then, most of them seem really bored of any skateboarding that's taken place after like 2006. Right now they basically have two open format talk shows where the main difference is one of them takes place late at night and they chew pizza directly into their microphone.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #154 on: January 28, 2022, 08:21:45 AM »
Maybe endless hours of meandering isn't the best for a show. I can totally understand them being over talking about skating (especially new skating) after what 6 years straight of basically the same thing.
Does rog still work on hot ones? Maybe crob should change up the format. Make a cooking/ interview show (dude looks like he could do with a meal) fuck it make a whole morning style show.

Salsa Verde

• Rep: 9
« Reply #155 on: January 28, 2022, 04:21:53 PM »
Just watched the Ellis episode and imo it is the best one yet. Just goes to show how important the guest is.

d0rk

• Rep: -21
« Reply #156 on: January 28, 2022, 05:35:31 PM »
Maybe endless hours of meandering isn't the best for a show. I can totally understand them being over talking about skating (especially new skating) after what 6 years straight of basically the same thing.
Does rog still work on hot ones? Maybe crob should change up the format. Make a cooking/ interview show (dude looks like he could do with a meal) fuck it make a whole morning style show.

Do you need a hug or something bro?? I'm here for you

rukes

• Rep: 211
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #157 on: January 28, 2022, 06:04:18 PM »
Rogan interviewing himself is a good watch

https://youtu.be/-xY_D8SMNtE
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

everythingisgreat

• Rep: -130
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #158 on: January 28, 2022, 06:24:26 PM »
Honestly. I get the vibe that Crob is tired of making the show with the dead look in his eyes.

We’re back

Monopolyman

« Reply #159 on: January 28, 2022, 06:36:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Honestly. I get the vibe that Crob is tired of making the show with the dead look in his eyes.

[close]

We’re back

There is some truth to this.  Watching earlier episodes you could tell he was so stoked to figure it all out.  Less Experience episodes would be more I think... Crob is so burned out doing the same shit every week, if he came off truly passionate the show would work so much better

Also they need to stop it with the WELL / SPECIAL x3 GUEST thing in the intros.  Its so tedious and boring at this point.  And when it starts playing after other skate vids it’s incredibly annoying.

Please change things up y’all

Cthunderw

• Rep: 16
« Reply #160 on: January 28, 2022, 09:01:31 PM »
Just a thought: If Crob is so bored with what the format has become, why doesn't he switch it up and actually talk technically about skateboarding?

OldSkater

• Rep: -49
« Reply #161 on: January 29, 2022, 06:12:43 AM »
Just a thought: If Crob is so bored with what the format has become, why doesn't he switch it up and actually talk technically about skateboarding?

he doesn't know enough about skateboarding, nor is enough of an industry insider to do so

Rog has the knowledge and background but hates being in front of the camera

theoriginalgoon

• Rep: -63
  • eight equals d
« Reply #162 on: January 29, 2022, 06:54:40 AM »

Your part about the morning show got me thinking how awesome it would be if some pros or the nine club themselves made a live morning show as well as having their normal experience show at night. Like I’m imaging the morning show being something a long the lines of the captain and Casey show
Me: I found skate Jesus.

Slap: Yeah, well maybe if he does the crucifix switch I will believe it.

Shuh

• Rep: 6
« Reply #163 on: January 29, 2022, 07:38:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

We’re back
[close]

There is some truth to this.  Watching earlier episodes you could tell he was so stoked to figure it all out.  Less Experience episodes would be more I think... Crob is so burned out doing the same shit every week, if he came off truly passionate the show would work so much better

Also they need to stop it with the WELL / SPECIAL x3 GUEST thing in the intros.  Its so tedious and boring at this point.  And when it starts playing after other skate vids it’s incredibly annoying.

Please change things up y’all

No one them told to make a post every single week since its inception trying to get subs up, now we are here their youtube subs is still 201k and the burnout is palpable on the exprience.

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 66
« Reply #164 on: January 29, 2022, 06:06:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

This last bit is my biggest issue because lately that line is almost nonexistent. In the newest episode it literally took them an hour to actually get to a topic about skateboarding. And even then, most of them seem really bored of any skateboarding that's taken place after like 2006. Right now they basically have two open format talk shows where the main difference is one of them takes place late at night and they chew pizza directly into their microphone.

ah dammit you're right. finally sat through another experience and cant put my finger on wth that was

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

breezer

• Rep: -17
« Reply #165 on: January 30, 2022, 12:59:44 AM »
either the quality has gone down or he schtik has gotten tired.......either way I barely bother with nine club anymore....used to really enjoy it. 

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #166 on: February 02, 2022, 09:13:52 PM »
Had it on in the background while marking some work. Holy hell that was something else. They reviewed only one part, and didn't bother with the Randy Farkus part. What's going on?

TheDingus

« Reply #167 on: February 02, 2022, 09:33:02 PM »
Who cares

E

• Rep: 11
« Reply #168 on: February 03, 2022, 07:57:38 AM »
I did notice the Decenzo and Ellis episodes didn't follow the usual "how'd you get into skateboarding? - your pro career" questions so maybe they're trying to switch it up and make it a little looser.

Monopolyman

« Reply #169 on: February 03, 2022, 09:02:45 AM »
I did notice the Decenzo and Ellis episodes didn't follow the usual "how'd you get into skateboarding? - your pro career" questions so maybe they're trying to switch it up and make it a little looser.

Chris has been patting himself on the back saying no episode is the same for a while now, usually they just dont get around to remembering to ask key formative questions

everythingisgreat

• Rep: -130
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #170 on: February 05, 2022, 07:42:39 AM »

OldSkater

• Rep: -49
« Reply #171 on: February 07, 2022, 04:27:12 PM »
the most recent stop n chat with Mike Vallely, when Mike started talking Cariuma, Roger just tuned out and starting surfing the web on his phone

respect lol

HaveFunSkateboarding

• Rep: 20
« Reply #172 on: February 07, 2022, 04:51:21 PM »
Had it on in the background while marking some work. Holy hell that was something else. They reviewed only one part, and didn't bother with the Randy Farkus part. What's going on?

This.
I found the experience a lot more enjoyable when almost the entire episode was then watching/reviewing the week’s skate videos that released. For the past, I don’t know, at least a month or two they talk about one video part for maybe 5-10 minutes and that’s it. They spend more time saying their “good byes” at the end of the episode than they do reviewing skate videos.

Raccoon Manne

• Rep: -48
« Reply #173 on: February 07, 2022, 04:52:42 PM »
That Ellis episode was terrible, the guy is a moron.

TheDingus

« Reply #174 on: February 07, 2022, 04:53:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This.
I found the experience a lot more enjoyable when almost the entire episode was then watching/reviewing the week’s skate videos that released. For the past, I don’t know, at least a month or two they talk about one video part for maybe 5-10 minutes and that’s it. They spend more time saying their “good byes” at the end of the episode than they do reviewing skate videos.

Do you really care what they think of skate videos?

HaveFunSkateboarding

• Rep: 20
« Reply #175 on: February 07, 2022, 05:44:29 PM »
I like hearing their takes on some of the videos yeah. A lot of the time they’ve been to some of the spots and talk about what they’re like, etc. I don’t know, I’m a skate dork.

CanadianBacon

• Rep: -70
« Reply #176 on: February 07, 2022, 05:49:30 PM »
Kelly on Botox?    Looking really shiny lately!!

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #177 on: February 09, 2022, 07:07:12 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CZvv3H_LCkZ/?utm_medium=copy_link
jason lee has an episode coming out next month. should be a good one. (insert scientology joke)

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #178 on: February 09, 2022, 08:19:07 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CZvv3H_LCkZ/?utm_medium=copy_link
jason lee has an episode coming out next month. should be a good one. (insert scientology joke)

Wow they’re going to blow this. Still gonna watch.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

Lucky_Basek

• Rep: 56
« Reply #179 on: February 21, 2022, 01:11:59 AM »
Justin Eldridge is a real life version of Brad Pitt's character Chad Feldheimer in the Cohen brothers film, Burn After Reading.

It's uncanny.