Author Topic: 2021 unpopular opinion thread  (Read 118900 times)

WobbleHeadBob

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 80
Re: 2021 unpopular opinion thread
« Reply #480 on: February 28, 2021, 12:29:29 AM »
Expand Quote
My farts smell good.
[close]
Na they’re gross. Mine smell good, though.

everybody likes there own brand

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #481 on: February 28, 2021, 03:09:57 AM »
There are too many McClung brothers and it doesn’t even make sense to distinguish them anymore. Should just be condensed into one McClung for efficiency.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 709
« Reply #482 on: February 28, 2021, 03:44:08 AM »
Skateboarders have become pro-authoritarian, and I'm not okay with that.

Great avatar. Point Break is a great movie. Not sure if this opinion is unpopular round here.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

OldSkater

• Rep: -49
« Reply #483 on: February 28, 2021, 09:38:04 AM »
the nine club is too ridiculously positive. like I understand they want to be a positive and uplifting force in skate media and I get that. But sometimes to be a force for good, you have to call out what is wrong with the industry. Kenny Anderson's "love potion" board coming out after the allegations, is a good example of this imho. Important issue, that I guarantee will never get discussed on the show.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 406
« Reply #484 on: February 28, 2021, 10:07:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Yaje has a weird arm thing going on, bad style and has never done anything groundbreaking to the point where I should dick ride him like "most" of SLAP does.
[close]
I actually thought YOUR opinion was considered the general consensus around these bloards. At least, it seems to be on the threads I frequent.

Maybe I just fixate on the hype for him I see because it doesn’t make sense to me. My bad haha

Scott Chegg

• Rep: -5
« Reply #485 on: February 28, 2021, 10:30:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Yaje has a weird arm thing going on, bad style and has never done anything groundbreaking to the point where I should dick ride him like "most" of SLAP does.
[close]
I actually thought YOUR opinion was considered the general consensus around these bloards. At least, it seems to be on the threads I frequent.

Didn’t he win most illegal trick of the year?

ballintoohard

« Reply #486 on: February 28, 2021, 11:24:28 AM »
I could go the rest of my life without seeing a token GX hill bomb line- wallie/impossible/kickflip/basic trick then a bomb that looks just as steep as all the others.

Anti Hero needs to free up some roster space. Drop TNT, add Raven, give Raven's spot to someone that fits Chocolate better.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #487 on: February 28, 2021, 11:33:26 AM »
I could go the rest of my life without seeing a token GX hill bomb line- wallie/impossible/kickflip/basic trick then a bomb that looks just as steep as all the others.

Anti Hero needs to free up some roster space. Drop TNT, add Raven, give Raven's spot to someone that fits Chocolate better.

this is not what freeing up space means.

OldSkater

« Reply #488 on: February 28, 2021, 12:08:20 PM »

any time i see those hill bomb lines i think i am gonna watch someone literally die

ballintoohard

« Reply #489 on: February 28, 2021, 12:12:19 PM »
They can't die, people don't die on youtube. I guess that just gets boring after a while, you know they're going to make it or skid out on their ass.

Anyways it's all personal taste. I never really did that stuff growing up so I don't have as much attachment to it.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #490 on: February 28, 2021, 12:58:57 PM »
Reynolds fs flips are ugly. A lot of dudes does it better: Tom Penny, Austin Gillet, jb gillet and Ryan Descenzo.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #491 on: February 28, 2021, 02:03:05 PM »
Reynolds fs flips are ugly. A lot of dudes does it better: Tom Penny, Austin Gillet, jb gillet and Ryan Descenzo.

Agreed.

alex

• Rep: 34
« Reply #492 on: February 28, 2021, 02:08:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Skateboarders have become pro-authoritarian, and I'm not okay with that.
[close]

Great avatar. Point Break is a great movie. Not sure if this opinion is unpopular round here.

Point break and meatball subs rock
Suns out, im going skating. chow

Icandoflamingoes

• Rep: 1
« Reply #493 on: February 28, 2021, 02:43:27 PM »
Todd falcon still waiting for the game to catch up to him.

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #494 on: February 28, 2021, 06:52:20 PM »
the nine club is too ridiculously positive. like I understand they want to be a positive and uplifting force in skate media and I get that. But sometimes to be a force for good, you have to call out what is wrong with the industry. Kenny Anderson's "love potion" board coming out after the allegations, is a good example of this imho. Important issue, that I guarantee will never get discussed on the show.
lol yeah those dudes are going to piss away the only skating checks they receive at this point for what? credibility?

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
« Reply #495 on: February 28, 2021, 07:00:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
lol yeah those dudes are going to piss away the only skating checks they receive at this point for what? credibility?
very good point. I can't remember their names rn but the main dipshit who keeps talking about his switch flip switch manny, and the newer dipshit who looks like he has three middle names that are all Chad, aren't they both on Craig? One can't expect a hard-hitting unbiased interview of KA from these guys
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

OldSkater

« Reply #496 on: February 28, 2021, 07:40:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
very good point. I can't remember their names rn but the main dipshit who keeps talking about his switch flip switch manny, and the newer dipshit who looks like he has three middle names that are all Chad, aren't they both on Craig? One can't expect a hard-hitting unbiased interview of KA from these guys

im not expecting it, but it would still be the right thing to do. and do they really need skating checks? they are getting a fuckton of donations nowadays lol

Welpok

• Rep: 13
« Reply #497 on: February 28, 2021, 09:09:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Agreed.
Let's not forget Tommy Sandoval
SLAP: come for the gossip, stay for the lk130 Stylin’ On You attempts

“More celebrities know of me than I know of them.” -James T. Greco

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 480
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #498 on: March 01, 2021, 03:26:36 AM »
Why do you want Chris Roberts and Kelly Hart being the main voices of sensitive issues in the skate industry? Can you imagine those guys having a roundtable discussion about sexual assault allegations in skateboarding? I'd rather they leave it to somebody who might know what they're talking about and just carried on jerking off to pros talking about how they got sponsored for the 250th time
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

OldSkater

« Reply #499 on: March 01, 2021, 04:35:42 AM »
Why do you want Chris Roberts and Kelly Hart being the main voices of sensitive issues in the skate industry? Can you imagine those guys having a roundtable discussion about sexual assault allegations in skateboarding? I'd rather they leave it to somebody who might know what they're talking about and just carried on jerking off to pros talking about how they got sponsored for the 250th time

main voices? I mean I guess they would be BY DEFAULT since the rest of the industry is ignoring it

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #500 on: March 01, 2021, 04:43:50 AM »

yes they have very nice Frenchside flips

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #501 on: March 01, 2021, 04:49:04 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Raven wears slim fit pants, i don't want him on 18. Fucking hate slim fit pants man, they're the cancer of 2010's skating.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #502 on: March 01, 2021, 05:36:47 AM »

conversation would probably go like this

crob: so have you guys heard about this chick making allegations about kenny?

kelly: man, when i was in florida, i saw mad alligators man...

steezus: nah allegations bro, he's talkin about rape bro

jeron: kenny don't do that shit. i'd like to axe some questions to this woman for real

crob: so she says, he raped her while she was passed out.

steezus: how does she even know it was him when she was passed out?

crob: it's pretty crazy.

kelly: das crazy! wow.

jeron: kenny is cool, there is some other shit going on with this chick i'm sure.

kelly: you guys remember when kenny did that sick long ass nosemanual @(random spot)? that was so sick!

crob: yeah man, he kickflipped into it too, so good.

jeron: kenny's the man.

crob: it's crazy, wow. that's kenny anderson for you people.

end of conversation

EDIT: having second thoughts on including jeron satirically saying this, since i think he's cool and i wouldn't want to insinuate he defends predatory behavior by default like an asshole,  but i'll leave it crossed, since i have to stand for what i wrote.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 07:14:41 AM by Frank »

Dirk_Diggler

« Reply #503 on: March 01, 2021, 06:00:12 AM »
I like Tool.

There I said it..

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #504 on: March 01, 2021, 06:27:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Raven wears slim fit pants, i don't want him on 18. Fucking hate slim fit pants man, they're the cancer of 2010's skating.

They’re only slim fit if you’re comparing them to the size 42 pants Tyson Peterson literally wears. 

Also AH doesn’t need to free up roster space.  This isn’t the fucking NBA, there’s no salary cap or hard team numbers. 

Brguy

« Reply #505 on: March 01, 2021, 08:03:30 AM »
I doubt there's more than a dozen people that know that they're talking about in skateboarding.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 89
« Reply #506 on: March 01, 2021, 08:45:13 AM »

Thrasher didn't call out ka. Skate jawn didn't call out ka. The bunt didn't call out ka. That is all ok, but if the nine club doesn't call him out they are wack.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #507 on: March 01, 2021, 08:49:43 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Thrasher didn't call out ka. Skate jawn didn't call out ka. The bunt didn't call out ka. That is all ok, but if the nine club doesn't call him out they are wack.

^^^ THIS. Just say you don't like the nine club without dancing around it via other reasons.

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #508 on: March 01, 2021, 11:19:40 AM »

Nothing against the dude but I honestly have never watched any of his parts. Something about the thumbnails makes me uninterested (I know how dumb that is).
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #509 on: March 01, 2021, 11:25:15 AM »
I like Tool.

There I said it..

I also like Tool.

And when it comes to the KA allegations, it doesn't do any good for the Nine Club, Bunt, etc. to weigh in on it because you'd just be spreading rumors both for and against KA about something serious that requires due process. If they did talk about it at all, it would only be to generate controversy and views, or like PR for Kenny where they defend their longtime friend, not some truth seeking mission with an impartial jury reviewing all the evidence.