Author Topic: BATB 4 U.S. vs Them  (Read 266076 times)

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: BATB 4 U.S. vs Them
« Reply #1680 on: June 21, 2011, 06:08:27 PM »
I like Reda better. Towards the end I was actually finding some of his shit funny. His "Go 'murrrrrica!" schtick comes off way less lame than Erica saying "You're still rooting for America right?" Reda at least understood how stupid it was. She has a different relationship with the skaters too. Reda kind of fucks with them and bullies them from time to time a bit, Erica is always hyped and going along with everything.

When Mike mo said "Koston could easily beat me" it seemed honest. It kind of made me take a second look at my stance on dork tricks. I mean, I see people doing a lot less with cab bigspin flips than they ever did with pressure flips. That's some circusy shit in a lot of ways. Why can't Koston bust out his early 90's dorked out shit and whoever has more or better crazy out there shit and is consistent enough to match the other guy's insane shit wins. Might make things more interesting I think.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

LemonParty

• Rep: -112
« Reply #1681 on: June 21, 2011, 06:54:50 PM »
I like Reda better. Towards the end I was actually finding some of his shit funny. His "Go 'murrrrrica!" schtick comes off way less lame than Erica saying "You're still rooting for America right?" Reda at least understood how stupid it was. She has a different relationship with the skaters too. Reda kind of fucks with them and bullies them from time to time a bit, Erica is always hyped and going along with everything.

yeah, althought some reda interviews were pretty lame, they were actually getting pretty entertaining as of late. That and they were pretty quick, he would just take some quick stabs at the skaters or w/e and joke around, sometimes funny sometimes now. But this erica shit was like 5 minutes long of asking serious questions, couldnt even get past like 1min of the mike mo interview cause already it was too awkward and boring.

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1682 on: June 21, 2011, 07:04:38 PM »
Mike Mo comes across as a distinctly rich/middle class suburb kid. His flatground is fucking sublime though

Agreed on both points.
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 392
« Reply #1683 on: June 21, 2011, 07:16:00 PM »

When Mike mo said "Koston could easily beat me" it seemed honest. It kind of made me take a second look at my stance on dork tricks. I mean, I see people doing a lot less with cab bigspin flips than they ever did with pressure flips. That's some circusy shit in a lot of ways. Why can't Koston bust out his early 90's dorked out shit and whoever has more or better crazy out there shit and is consistent enough to match the other guy's insane shit wins. Might make things more interesting I think.

To be fair, in BATB 1, Koston did bust that circus/early 90's stuff out and PJ still beat him.

The Twilight Zone

« Reply #1684 on: June 21, 2011, 07:45:14 PM »
I liked Reda's interview with that willow guy when he told him he banged his mom a couple times

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1685 on: June 21, 2011, 07:46:24 PM »
You guys actually watch the pre/post game interviews?
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Jonorhea

• Rep: -5
« Reply #1686 on: June 21, 2011, 07:55:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Mike Mo comes across as a distinctly rich/middle class suburb kid. His flatground is fucking sublime though
[close]

Agreed on both points.
your sig is fucking hilarious.

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #1687 on: June 21, 2011, 07:58:01 PM »
You guys actually watch the pre/post game interviews?
^my thoughts exactly.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

daniel

• Rep: 35
« Reply #1688 on: June 21, 2011, 08:00:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Agreed on both points.
[close]
your sig is fucking hilarious.

best sig. and if that cartoon had glasses it'd be a close to exact depiction of my nightly routine.

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #1689 on: June 21, 2011, 08:15:52 PM »
Didn't look like Koston tried.

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -623
  • who knows
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1690 on: June 21, 2011, 08:54:56 PM »
i don't understand why everyone is boning up over this girl
where is home?

Matty T

• Rep: 54
  • You don't stand a chance.
« Reply #1691 on: June 21, 2011, 09:00:23 PM »
BECAUSE THE CAMERA DOESN'T SHOW THE BEST PART OF HER!! Which I, of course, am insinuating is her ass.  But it very well could also be her thighs or knees that are also not shown.  It most certainly ain't her toes.  She only has two on each foot.  Swear to god. Or I just don't get what the term "boning up" means.  I thought it meant to study.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 09:02:10 PM by Matty T »
Would you ever let a chick piss on you? I would do it in a fuckin' heartbeat.

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -623
  • who knows
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1692 on: June 21, 2011, 09:32:46 PM »
BECAUSE THE CAMERA DOESN'T SHOW THE BEST PART OF HER!! Which I, of course, am insinuating is her ass.  But it very well could also be her thighs or knees that are also not shown.  It most certainly ain't her toes.  She only has two on each foot.  Swear to god. Or I just don't get what the term "boning up" means.  I thought it meant to study.

getting a boner
where is home?

Pavementi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
  • Fuck it
« Reply #1693 on: June 21, 2011, 10:34:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

getting a boner
Nooooooooo, getting a boner means getting a boner. Boning up means just what Matty said, to study or cram, especially in order to refresh one's knowledge of a topic.
Like Daewon said: if skateboarding is a ten story building, Rodney is on eleventh floor.

voltronarm

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1694 on: June 21, 2011, 11:07:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

getting a boner
[close]
Nooooooooo, getting a boner means getting a boner. Boning up means just what Matty said, to study or cram, especially in order to refresh one's knowledge of a topic.

"bonering up"?

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #1695 on: June 22, 2011, 05:53:55 AM »
i fucking hate this term circus tricks. kickflips were circus tricks when rodney first threw them out. as were most of tony hawks trick on vert. progression.

Kab

• Rep: -38
« Reply #1696 on: June 22, 2011, 07:13:36 AM »
Bonerizing.
Down by the river...

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #1697 on: June 22, 2011, 10:30:03 AM »
i would have wanted to watch koston win, but im kind of tired of seeing him pretend that he is a comedian

BriDen

« Reply #1698 on: June 22, 2011, 02:15:00 PM »
i would have wanted to watch koston win, but im kind of tired of seeing him pretend that he is a comedian

Koston's gonna be the next shane heyl.

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #1699 on: June 22, 2011, 09:18:26 PM »
i fucking hate this term circus tricks. kickflips were circus tricks when rodney first threw them out. as were most of tony hawks trick on vert. progression.

So you're saying that bringing back tricks that no one does any more is progression? How would you define regression then?
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

Pavementi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
  • Fuck it
« Reply #1700 on: June 22, 2011, 09:54:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

So you're saying that bringing back tricks that no one does any more is progression? How would you define regression then?
Not quite. "Circus tricks" isn't only applied to older tricks that no one does any more, it's what the curmudgeons use to describe anything that isn't a 180 kick/heel variation.

Except for the 360 flip which somehow escaped being flamed.  I've never understood how a laser can be a circus trick but a tre is as legit as can be...
Like Daewon said: if skateboarding is a ten story building, Rodney is on eleventh floor.

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 742
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #1701 on: June 23, 2011, 01:24:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Not quite. "Circus tricks" isn't only applied to older tricks that no one does any more, it's what the curmudgeons use to describe anything that isn't a 180 kick/heel variation.

Except for the 360 flip which somehow escaped being flamed.  I've never understood how a laser can be a circus trick but a tre is as legit as can be...

Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

bakedRice

• Rep: -20
« Reply #1702 on: June 23, 2011, 09:04:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

thanks for posting that, those lasers are legit!

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1703 on: June 23, 2011, 12:43:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I'm pretty sure its because 360 flips often look good, and laser flips often do not.

Briden thinks Koston is the next Shane Heyl because he is regular and doesn't actually skate. Sorry he isn't a robot when he talks. When you guys talk shit on anybody but Shane Heyl joking around, it makes you come off as some asshole who needs things to always be serious all the time. No shit he's not a comedian, he's a grown man who makes a living riding a toy and is hanging out in his own warehouse, should he be acting like he is a lawyer in court?

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #1704 on: June 23, 2011, 12:51:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
I'm pretty sure its because 360 flips often look good, and laser flips often do not.

Briden thinks Koston is the next Shane Heyl because he is regular and doesn't actually skate. Sorry he isn't a robot when he talks. When you guys talk shit on anybody but Shane Heyl joking around, it makes you come off as some asshole who needs things to always be serious all the time. No shit he's not a comedian, he's a grown man who makes a living riding a toy and is hanging out in his own warehouse, should he be acting like he is a lawyer in court?

oh brother. everytime a camera is on koston he acts like he is funny, he is not funny. it gets annoying. do you see every other guy who "makes a living riding a toy" act like that? no, not all pro skaters try to be funny or the center of attention constantly. i wouldnt mind it if he were actually funny.

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 700
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #1705 on: June 23, 2011, 01:27:05 PM »
pot, kettle, hmmmm.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

_UniversalTruth_

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #1706 on: June 23, 2011, 02:02:28 PM »
I actually found it pretty funny how they made fun of berra's stupid rules nobody wants to hear.

i likes skooterboarding.. be lets friends :)

AdrianLopez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #1707 on: June 23, 2011, 02:18:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

oh brother. everytime a camera is on koston he acts like he is funny, he is not funny. it gets annoying. do you see every other guy who "makes a living riding a toy" act like that? no, not all pro skaters try to be funny or the center of attention constantly. i wouldnt mind it if he were actually funny.

[...] like an individual so irrelevant to anything.

Don't be an asshole and don't yo flip! - Kyle Frederick

Flipkick

• Rep: -16
« Reply #1708 on: June 23, 2011, 03:13:43 PM »
It must be the worst feeling messing up a trick against PJ or Mike Mo.  You know you are going to experience a painful gauntlet.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1709 on: June 23, 2011, 09:56:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

You think he tries to be the center of attention constantly? For a half owner/founder of the berrics, he sure as fuck gets a lot less screen time than his partner. Aside from chomp on this, I really don't remember much footage of him hamming it up for the camera at all.

As far as his comedy goes, relax dude. I will never understand why people get so enraged when somebody says something they don't find funny. Its not like its an insult.