Author Topic: Kid Ollies onto a Porsche  (Read 18980 times)

South Pasadena

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
Re: Kid Ollies onto a Porsche
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2015, 01:16:03 PM »
Just like skating a spot owned by one person, (a business building perhaps) this falls under a similar vein, only it draws more attention due to the fact that cars are usually assumed to be owned by one person. Should people not skate anything under the sole ownership of someone else?

Furthermore the fact that this scenario involving a porsche gets more attention and negative feedback in comparison to the skating of cheeper cars in say a Gx1000 video is interesting. One would assume that a richer person would have the means to repair any miniscule damage to their nice car then say someone who has a 1990 toyota. If this is the case shouldnt skating a cheeper car recieve more scrutiny as cars are indicative of economic status and therefore of the ability to cope with damages.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 04:21:35 PM by South Pasadena »

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2015, 03:04:31 PM »
I think those are two different frames of reference. Something like a car is very singular - one person owns it, does the upkeep, and a connection with their car. They probably depend on it for transportation. For a lot of people their car is the equivalent to their home. There's a lot of people who care more about their cars then they're home even. In that regard I can agree with you on the ledge skating if it's actually at someone's home.

If I'm skating a ledge at a federal building though did my tax dollars not go towards that? And why would some random guy who works there or the security guard have such a connection with said ledge? Also, a boardslide down a public handrail definitely isn't fucking it up.

Well you can think what you want, you're still wrong.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 03:09:56 PM by ill_Murray »
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #62 on: June 17, 2015, 04:34:13 PM »
Strong argument you got there.

fangen

« Reply #63 on: June 17, 2015, 04:53:53 PM »
I'd ollie into the first born of any of you cry babies. Go join a golf club bitches.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 365
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #64 on: June 17, 2015, 05:17:19 PM »
surprised how many people here support random rich assholes flaunting their wealth over people that skate. nobody really needs to have a car like that anyway, fuck.

Fuck outta here with that shit.  You've apparently never worked hard to achieve shit.  You work hard, make money, and buy shit that you want.  Who the fuck are you to begrudge someone else?

Bloody Matt

• Rep: -41
« Reply #65 on: June 17, 2015, 06:21:41 PM »
Capitalism is so cool right now.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #66 on: June 17, 2015, 06:41:38 PM »
I think it's a bit disrespectful and ignorant to do anything like this to some person's property you don't even know.

However, it makes me think about a few things: What's the real point of owning a car like this - Lamborghini, Porsche, Mclaren, Aston Martin? They're all rad cars and surely well made but if you really like it for that reason it's a double edged sword. I'd think most people get these to just show off. With that you'll get those people who are like, "Wow, your car's so cool! Can I see the inside? How can you afford that!" but if you park it on the street it's also the type of car that's going to attract delinquents. If someone decides they want to randomly key a car just to be a shithead on a random street that a Porsche is on they'll probably go for the Porsche.

Well after this post and your copy/paste of my other point it was evident you're too fucking stupid to even bother arguing with. 

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -602
  • who knows
« Reply #67 on: June 17, 2015, 07:21:30 PM »
Yeah! Skate and Destroy right?!?! This shit is so lame.
where is home?

pinch a loaf

« Reply #68 on: June 17, 2015, 07:29:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Five panels, cuffed pants and being disrespectful in NYC. So trendy, rebellious, and kooooool! I blame those illegal civ dudes.
[close]
blame jake johnson

Ok, I'll blame him for the skating cars trend. But he did a wallride, on pos car, and made it look good. But this kook ollied onto a porsche... is that even a trick? the hypebeast couldn't even manual?

My point is that this whole "i skateboard, so i'm cooler and more superior, and fuck you and your possessions, idgaf i'm skating anything i want until someone calls the cops, oh don't forget to instagram it! cuz people need to know how cool i was today #fuckyou #fuckeverybody #exceptmyteam #nonewfriends" mentality is the most fucked up shit in skateboarding.

ungzilla

« Reply #69 on: June 17, 2015, 08:13:40 PM »
If I recall correctly the car from the GX clip was abandoned... it was in footage spanning months it seemed like. It had basically become a spot.

rubbery vagina

• Rep: -51
« Reply #70 on: June 17, 2015, 09:45:59 PM »
settle down crew

its just a sports car

nothing special

my skateboard has got that porsche beat any day of the week

not really crackhead

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2015, 07:31:05 AM »
Expand Quote
I think it's a bit disrespectful and ignorant to do anything like this to some person's property you don't even know.

However, it makes me think about a few things: What's the real point of owning a car like this - Lamborghini, Porsche, Mclaren, Aston Martin? They're all rad cars and surely well made but if you really like it for that reason it's a double edged sword. I'd think most people get these to just show off. With that you'll get those people who are like, "Wow, your car's so cool! Can I see the inside? How can you afford that!" but if you park it on the street it's also the type of car that's going to attract delinquents. If someone decides they want to randomly key a car just to be a shithead on a random street that a Porsche is on they'll probably go for the Porsche.
[close]

Well after this post and your copy/paste of my other point it was evident you're too fucking stupid to even bother arguing with. 

Pretty sure I didn't copy/paste anything of yours. You're obviously just a manly man who's too manly to post a proper response. Just calling me "too fucking stupid" makes me wonder where you got your PHD from since those are some scholar class debate skills.

Still Tippin

• Rep: -33
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2015, 08:18:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Pretty sure I didn't copy/paste anything of yours. You're obviously just a manly man who's too manly to post a proper response. Just calling me "too fucking stupid" makes me wonder where you got your PHD from since those are some scholar class debate skills.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2015, 11:35:22 AM »
Expand Quote
surprised how many people here support random rich assholes flaunting their wealth over people that skate. nobody really needs to have a car like that anyway, fuck.
[close]

Fuck outta here with that shit.  You've apparently never worked hard to achieve shit.  You work hard, make money, and buy shit that you want.  Who the fuck are you to begrudge someone else?

it's the epitome of jealous, hating. every single person who says something like this would be riding the opulent spending train if they fell into some wealth somehow (lottery, ect...). it's the kind of thing that people who are to lazy or who have just made poor life choices say.

BMCsteve

« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2015, 11:52:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

it's the epitome of jealous, hating. every single person who says something like this would be riding the opulent spending train if they fell into some wealth somehow (lottery, ect...). it's the kind of thing that people who are to lazy or who have just made poor life choices say.

This is exactly what I was trying to say but failed to articulate it as well as you did

Bukkakekills

• Rep: -2
« Reply #75 on: June 18, 2015, 01:06:06 PM »
This kids got slap shook, people have been skating on cars for years, cop cars, beaters, mid level cars, this is just a hi end car and its got people shook, does this ollie effect anyone on slap on a personal level? no.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #76 on: June 18, 2015, 01:19:32 PM »
what on slap ever effects anyone on a personal level? did i miss something? it's all bullshitting in here.

straight

« Reply #77 on: June 18, 2015, 01:22:58 PM »

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #78 on: June 18, 2015, 03:07:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Well first you said this...

However, it makes me think about a few things: What's the real point of owning a car like this - Lamborghini, Porsche, Mclaren, Aston Martin? They're all rad cars and surely well made but if you really like it for that reason it's a double edged sword. I'd think most people get these to just show off.

and then you said...

Something like a car is very singular - one person owns it, does the upkeep, and a connection with their car. They probably depend on it for transportation. For a lot of people their car is the equivalent to their home. There's a lot of people who care more about their cars then they're home even.

Pretty contradictory no? Doesn't seem like something a smart person would say...

As for the copying and pasting, I said regardless of whether the ownership is singular or on a larger scale the bottom line is you're still skating on something that belongs to someone to which you used a counterpoint I dismissed in my previous post.  

« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 03:38:24 PM by ill_Murray »

Righteous Victim

• Rep: 110
  • Get yourself looked at.
    • Letterboxd avatar image
« Reply #79 on: June 18, 2015, 03:18:37 PM »
What if someone 360 flipped off/onto Kalis' lambo.

OldmanEpic

« Reply #80 on: June 18, 2015, 04:17:45 PM »
What if someone 360 flipped off/onto Kalis' lambo, at LOVE park.

Durndle

• Rep: 7
  • Denton. Gateway to Durndle
« Reply #81 on: June 18, 2015, 04:31:51 PM »
this is worse than genocide and childhood obesity. I'm appalled!

dillanharp

« Reply #82 on: June 18, 2015, 04:44:30 PM »
If you skate someone's car you're an asshole. If you skate someone's house you're an asshole too.

That should be the end of it...

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -67
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #83 on: June 18, 2015, 05:11:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

the fuck i would. the most id ever spend on a car would be a 2011 civic or something. I dont see the point of asshole mobiles, but I guess I've touched a nerve with y'all. Besides I never said I would skate a ferrari myself, of course not, i'm not trying to get killed. The point was why should anybody be offended by a video of a person they dont know ollie-ing onto the fancy car of a person they don't know.
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #84 on: June 18, 2015, 06:27:55 PM »
well let's hope you never win the lottery

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #85 on: June 18, 2015, 06:39:56 PM »
If you skate someone's car you're an asshole. If you skate someone's house you're an asshole too.

That should be the end of it...

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/video/2015/may/29/skate-park-house-brazil-video
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 733
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #86 on: June 18, 2015, 08:37:04 PM »
Saying people who disagree with you are lazy and jealous is just as stupid as not respecting other people's property.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

IHOP

« Reply #87 on: June 19, 2015, 03:04:37 AM »
i'm stoked on this vid but its easy to understand why everyone else is bummed on it. tbh i would feel worse skating somebodys 2007 civic than i would a porsche.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #88 on: June 19, 2015, 09:06:10 AM »
Saying people who disagree with you are lazy and jealous is just as stupid as not respecting other people's property.

true but also not what happened. i didn't say anyone that disagrees with me is lazy or jealous, i said people voice a specific opinion

come across as jealous. the idea that anyone who drives a nice car is a random rich asshole is obviously not coming from a successful grounded person. if you bust your ass to start a company after hours and then get funded and IPO or get acquired a few years later and find yourself with a few billion dollars, you're not going to get a good house and buy some nice vehicles? shit that person just created an entire business that employees a lot of people and deserves to benefit from their success. by the logic above he's a rich asshole and it should be ok for someone to use his audi as a manual pad. that's just an absurd thing to say. and like someone else said, everyone knows you don't fuck with someone car or bike. it's just a bitch thing to do.

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 177
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #89 on: June 19, 2015, 12:30:45 PM »
When you skate a ledge in front of a building that ends up destroying property and needs to be rebuilt it can sometimes cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. No different than what's happening here.

Stop acting sanctimonious. We're all destructive assholes if you think about it.