Author Topic: Anyone know some dark obscure skateboarding facts?  (Read 48371 times)

doublesteveburger

Re: Anyone know some dark obscure skateboarding facts?
« Reply #270 on: February 19, 2022, 06:23:23 PM »
it’s like when people use the swastika and have to explain it’s origin but can’t read the room but in this instance the room is the world and people is jason jesse

Chavo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
« Reply #271 on: February 19, 2022, 06:35:23 PM »
So, Elissa didn't actually do that condom thing. But that won't stop everyone from endlessly repeating that rumor. Similar to the Danny Way thing.
Are you referring to the D. Way condom story?

All I will say is that the Helens and Kates of the skate world, that have been joked about as funny anecdotes of youthful indiscretion, would be considered trafficking of a minors from the present day perspective.

yapple dapple

• Rep: 155
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #272 on: February 19, 2022, 07:03:36 PM »
What about I-level? Poor Billy lane. Anyone got the true facts on that pedo company?

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 802
« Reply #273 on: February 19, 2022, 07:09:12 PM »
I know I sent them a tape when I was in high school, so I’d like to think a document of my shitty driveway skating is still sitting in an FBI evidence box somewhere
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
« Reply #274 on: February 19, 2022, 07:14:14 PM »
What about I-level? Poor Billy lane. Anyone got the true facts on that pedo company?

I had them confused with "Hectic Skateboards", same m.o. at least.
https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2003-sep-25-me-skate25-story.html

cky enthusiast

« Reply #275 on: February 19, 2022, 07:16:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

man ive heard of a bad TM but this guy takes the cake

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2242
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #276 on: February 19, 2022, 09:41:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Let’s add the Atnalta Foundation to the list of creepy pedo incidents.

https://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2019/11/05/sexual-predator-infiltrated-atlantas-skate-scene/

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Leek

« Reply #277 on: February 20, 2022, 05:36:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Let’s add the Atnalta Foundation to the list of creepy pedo incidents.

https://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2019/11/05/sexual-predator-infiltrated-atlantas-skate-scene/

Holy shit that makes so much sense. A local “legend” from my hometown in coastal Georgia brought back two Atnalta boards from an ATL trip. At the time was grooming this young kid to be the next local prodigy (who died in a car accident 2 years ago) and was diddling him for a few years behind everyone’s back. The kids mother even took in the guy and gave him a place to stay. It was terrible dude. Had no idea that chomos affiliated each other like that in skateboarding.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #278 on: February 20, 2022, 06:45:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
the owner was a homosexual pedo-nonce and installed cameras in the urinals.
Fixed that for you. Let’s not get the two twisted: I know you’re not trying to come on here sounding like a dunce, so this one’s free.

Also, if we’re talking about creepy predator types, look no further than Woodward. It was spawned out of a gymnastics camp, for crying out loud, & there have been more than enough media stories about THAT sport in the last few years (we all know about the creeps that lurk therein by now.) The skateboarding side was added on because gymnastics was seeing a general decline in popularity among da youts, while at skateboarding was on the rise at the time.
Mark my words, my kids will never set foot in a Woodward facility. Icky vibes all over that place.
I am of the opinion that it is only a matter of time until the lid is blown off of that joint too.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

cky enthusiast

« Reply #279 on: February 20, 2022, 06:46:38 AM »
woodward: kid jail with the chance to skate with anthony shetler

would not recommend

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1178
  • old and in the way
« Reply #280 on: February 20, 2022, 06:53:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
the owner was a homosexual pedo-nonce and installed cameras in the urinals.
[close]
Fixed that for you. Let’s not get the two twisted: I know you’re not trying to come on here sounding like a dunce, so this one’s free.

Also, if we’re talking about creepy predator types, look no further than Woodward. It was spawned out of a gymnastics camp, for crying out loud, & there have been more than enough media stories about THAT sport in the last few years (we all know about the creeps that lurk therein by now.) The skateboarding side was added on because gymnastics was seeing a general decline in popularity among da youts, while at skateboarding was on the rise at the time.
Mark my words, my kids will never set foot in a Woodward facility. Icky vibes all over that place.
I am of the opinion that it is only a matter of time until the lid is blown off of that joint too.

Are they still affiliated with Neil Hendrix?

TelethonJohn

• Rep: 60
« Reply #282 on: February 20, 2022, 11:22:30 AM »
Haven’t all of us had that one late night at the bar where you get cornered by a traditional skinhead that has to explain the non-racist roots of the subculture and inevitably mentions that Skrewdriver’s first album is “actually really good bro”

There was a parody band out of Berkeley in the mid-aughts called Jewdriver. Can't remember if they were all Jewish or not but their whole schtick was Semitic supremacy. Saw em live a couple of times and they were great!

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #283 on: February 20, 2022, 11:56:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Haven’t all of us had that one late night at the bar where you get cornered by a traditional skinhead that has to explain the non-racist roots of the subculture and inevitably mentions that Skrewdriver’s first album is “actually really good bro”
[close]

There was a parody band out of Berkeley in the mid-aughts called Jewdriver. Can't remember if they were all Jewish or not but their whole schtick was Semitic supremacy. Saw em live a couple of times and they were great!
Jewdriver was awesome/hilarious.

What part of God’s chosen people DON’T you understand?!?  ;D

Tuff Lover

• Rep: 4
« Reply #284 on: February 21, 2022, 09:49:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
nazis and skateboarding are deeply rooted
still can be seen wherever you go

always just an accident
seems like those transition guys always happen to stumble upon the wrong clipart folders
funny part is america thinks they are the entire world and racism is black vs white vs east asian
when its fucking clear that facism has killed millions of jews and calls every middle eastern person a terrorist
but im pretty sure you can have a chill sess with them if youre black or east asian that likes beer
[close]
Pretty sure that "SS" is Stratosphere Skateboards chill
[close]

It's pointless. People on Slap are obsessed with divining the hidden meaning of every symbol in the skate industry, which is apparently controlled by secret Nazis, rather than a bunch of drunk morons who, in a pre-woke period, believed that some right wing imagery most closely associated by with outlaw biker gangs, looked cool.

Because, you see, if a gentile sees a certain image, they have a Manchurian Candidate-like reaction and automatically restart the holocaust, and similarly Jews like me encounter the letters "SS" and have epigenetic memory of my grandmother's door in the shtetl getting kicked in by the District of Galicia. This action causes me to curl into a ball for the next six months.
[close]

its very very important to teach people about the meaning behind the symbols. i do not believe those guys were just fans of biker gangs. and if so do your research since anything those guys talk about is being the real deal. its pretty emberassing and fake to not know your knowledge behind those logos and ripping them of to make your skateboards look cool.. you really think those guys were that fake?
[close]

No, I sincerely believe that they were smuggling covert Nazi imagery into all parts of skateboarding in order to resurrect the fourth reich.
[close]

this or they were just close to biker nazi gangs because biker nazi gangs are just human beings like us skateboarders. s/o jason jesse

Isn't this a Hunter S. Thompson book cover? And yeah he was known for spending 2 years with the Hell's Angels who stomped him out

« Last Edit: February 21, 2022, 10:08:41 PM by Tuff Lover »

Magnolia

• Rep: 455
  • She/They
« Reply #285 on: February 22, 2022, 10:45:09 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Negro Terror was a sick hardcore band from Memphis that did some sick antifash covers of Skrewdriver songs
RIP Omar
what quality posts do you have under your umbrella son of a bitch

TelethonJohn

« Reply #286 on: February 22, 2022, 04:48:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Negro Terror was a sick hardcore band from Memphis that did some sick antifash covers of Skrewdriver songs
RIP Omar

Whoa, hadn't heard of these guys. They shred!

Leenwover

• Rep: -14
« Reply #287 on: February 22, 2022, 06:44:52 PM »
Truth gets “Silenced”.

Magnolia

• Rep: 455
  • She/They
« Reply #288 on: February 22, 2022, 07:14:20 PM »
Truth gets “Silenced”.

What do you know
what quality posts do you have under your umbrella son of a bitch

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #289 on: February 23, 2022, 04:26:19 AM »
This exact scenario gets thrown on me all the time. Lol

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -99
« Reply #290 on: February 23, 2022, 06:08:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
This exact scenario gets thrown on me all the time. Lol
Where are there still skinheads?  I haven't seen one in years.

Star Whores Episode I: The Fellatio Menace

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 229
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #291 on: February 24, 2022, 04:03:12 PM »
Expand Quote
So, Elissa didn't actually do that condom thing. But that won't stop everyone from endlessly repeating that rumor. Similar to the Danny Way thing.
[close]

All I will say is that the Helens and Kates of the skate world, that have been joked about as funny anecdotes of youthful indiscretion, would be considered trafficking of a minors from the present day perspective.

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=10329.0
if post- retirement duke nukem bagged that azz i have a chance too

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 313
« Reply #292 on: February 24, 2022, 04:14:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

ewww Tobin Yellend.

cynical cow

• Rep: 27
« Reply #293 on: February 24, 2022, 04:14:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

That thread did not age well with all the woman shaming. Yikes lol

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1077
« Reply #294 on: February 24, 2022, 05:37:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Woman shaming? They were sexually abusing a teenage runaway with glee.

Fucking dark
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

ninformatic

• Rep: -7
« Reply #295 on: February 24, 2022, 06:04:22 PM »
Hardbody actually doesn't exist

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #296 on: February 24, 2022, 06:20:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Fucking dark

Also obscure

breezer

• Rep: -16
« Reply #297 on: February 25, 2022, 12:00:31 PM »

was there an episode of the letters where Jeff wears a Skrewdriver tee?  He should have given to his buddy 10/10. 

Mike Oxwelling

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #298 on: February 25, 2022, 12:01:18 PM »
Shecks lied.  And people died.

TelethonJohn

« Reply #299 on: February 25, 2022, 03:59:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Fucking dark
[close]

Also obscure

That situation is so depressing, and went on way too long. I remember walking into my local shop and hearing one of the EMB guys talking about her and how she had the clap. He said she was 16, and it was a couple years after the H-Street tour that Carroll talks about, so she was maybe 14 or so at that time. There's a brief shot of her in some of the Jake Rosenberg footage he uploaded to youtube years ago. She's just a kid. I don't think it was just scumbags and EMB kids who took a roll in the hay with her, either. Huf mentions her in the FTC book, but doesn't divulge.