Author Topic: Anyone know some dark obscure skateboarding facts?  (Read 49561 times)

Banned from the room

Re: Anyone know some dark obscure skateboarding facts?
« Reply #300 on: February 26, 2022, 05:21:35 AM »
Greg Carroll invented the hard flip

Groondor the Orc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -146
  • Doper than Joey Bast’s shelltoes
« Reply #301 on: March 05, 2022, 02:15:53 AM »
Not obscure but what happened to Baby Scumbag. Keelan Dadd is still around.

somefucker

« Reply #302 on: March 05, 2022, 05:30:33 AM »
at a Baker demo in 2014 Reynolds was the first dude in the park with his board. Kids and adults alike swarmed him for pics, autographs, etc. One thing that stuck out in my mind was some dude had a blank deck but used packing tape and fixed the (crappily cut out) 'Reynolds' portion of a box of aluminum foil to his board. I don't think Reynolds really cared, but he didn't take a photo with the dude or sign the deck. I believe the guys name was King James on instagram. A heavy dude who would post obviously staged pics of him front crooking stupid tall ledges. I wonder if Andrew remembers

alonelikeastone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
  • 608z.
    • Meh. avatar image
« Reply #303 on: March 05, 2022, 06:34:17 AM »
I can't seem to recall the rumours/truth about a Steve Olson Foundation board... but something to do with Kurdt Kobain and Kourtney Love... possibly she saw the deck and had a C&D???

alonelikeastone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
  • 608z.
    • Meh. avatar image
« Reply #304 on: March 05, 2022, 06:35:31 AM »
oh and she has a gun in the graphic... so there is that. I'd love to get my hands on one of these decks... I've never seen one.

Ignatius J Reilly

• Rep: 226
  • often correct
« Reply #305 on: March 20, 2022, 02:16:53 PM »
the part of baxter street that the nuge bombed isn't the part that's one of the steepest streets in LA, that's on the other side

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 392
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #306 on: March 21, 2022, 12:21:35 AM »
Surprised nobody's brought up the fact that Ethan Fowler is a massive bag of shit:
Quote from: Benny Fairfax
So we go to Ethan Fowler’s house, we have this little BBQ then it’s all ‘we’re going to the bar now like, Ethan’s band is going to play dude, sick’. So we were in some little basement bar in Downtown LA, and you know he plays his show – everyone’s had a few beers – whatever… It was really loud in there and so he just kinda cornered me like: ‘hey man, not too many n****rs in here is there? You must feel super out of place dude, look around.’ And I just, I just froze – like what the fuck? He knew that I was the little kid on the team, the new guy coming over here from England, and that he was in this position of power. Like I’m fucking Ethan Fowler, like I can say whatever I want to you. So yeah, ‘not too many n****rs in here, you must feel pretty out of place man.’ And I’m just like ‘errrr’ and I’ll never forget he looked me in the eyes smiling and said, ‘you probably want to punch me right now don’t you? But you’re not gonna are you?’ And then he walked off. I was left there frozen like, ‘oh fuck…’ I didn’t know what to do. I just left and got a taxi to wherever I was staying that night and that was kinda it.
https://www.freeskatemag.com/2021/06/04/the-american-dream-part-4-of-6-benny-fairfax/

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

goldenbullcow

• Rep: -406
« Reply #307 on: March 21, 2022, 06:16:00 AM »
There was a story about Ethan terrorizing a young Quim Cardona on a DLX tour like had Quim cowering locked in bathroom trying to attack him cause he was “a hippie”

From Quim’s chrome ball

Love it. Alright, DLX tours are always pretty crazy. I know there is legend involving a young Ethan Fowler targeting you in a drunken rampage, essentially involving him pounding through the bathroom door Shining-style, hellbent on getting you. Is that true? What actually happened that night?

Yeah, there were moments where things got out of control.

On that night, the cold hotel ground was my bed and I had a folded-up t-shirt for a pillow. I moved someone’s shoes and later when he came back from their party, Ethan thought somebody was pulling a prank. I told him that I moved them and when I went to the bathroom, he started punching through door.

Never move another man’s shoes.

Ethan also spoke about it in an interview I’ll try and find it.

Anyone who knows Quim knows he’s one of the nicest dudes. 

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 220
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #308 on: March 21, 2022, 06:54:32 AM »
Jeremy Klein has defs jerked off to at least 7 of
Jim Greco’s personality crisis' if not more

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

okdokeydirtbite

• Rep: -27
« Reply #309 on: March 21, 2022, 12:45:22 PM »
Surprised nobody's brought up the fact that Ethan Fowler is a massive bag of shit:
Expand Quote
So we go to Ethan Fowler’s house, we have this little BBQ then it’s all ‘we’re going to the bar now like, Ethan’s band is going to play dude, sick’. So we were in some little basement bar in Downtown LA, and you know he plays his show – everyone’s had a few beers – whatever… It was really loud in there and so he just kinda cornered me like: ‘hey man, not too many n****rs in here is there? You must feel super out of place dude, look around.’ And I just, I just froze – like what the fuck? He knew that I was the little kid on the team, the new guy coming over here from England, and that he was in this position of power. Like I’m fucking Ethan Fowler, like I can say whatever I want to you. So yeah, ‘not too many n****rs in here, you must feel pretty out of place man.’ And I’m just like ‘errrr’ and I’ll never forget he looked me in the eyes smiling and said, ‘you probably want to punch me right now don’t you? But you’re not gonna are you?’ And then he walked off. I was left there frozen like, ‘oh fuck…’ I didn’t know what to do. I just left and got a taxi to wherever I was staying that night and that was kinda it.
[close]
https://www.freeskatemag.com/2021/06/04/the-american-dream-part-4-of-6-benny-fairfax/

what in the actual fuck

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 695
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #310 on: March 21, 2022, 06:47:25 PM »
There was a story about Ethan terrorizing a young Quim Cardona on a DLX tour like had Quim cowering locked in bathroom trying to attack him cause he was “a hippie”

From Quim’s chrome ball

Love it. Alright, DLX tours are always pretty crazy. I know there is legend involving a young Ethan Fowler targeting you in a drunken rampage, essentially involving him pounding through the bathroom door Shining-style, hellbent on getting you. Is that true? What actually happened that night?

Yeah, there were moments where things got out of control.

On that night, the cold hotel ground was my bed and I had a folded-up t-shirt for a pillow. I moved someone’s shoes and later when he came back from their party, Ethan thought somebody was pulling a prank. I told him that I moved them and when I went to the bathroom, he started punching through door.

Never move another man’s shoes.

Ethan also spoke about it in an interview I’ll try and find it.

Anyone who knows Quim knows he’s one of the nicest dudes.

Or Ryan Hickey and Fred terrorizing Ethan throwing chairs at him while he swam… i wish there was footage of this

“ We’d go to Tampa and vibe those guys hard. Like, I remember throwing shit off the balcony at Ethan Fowler while he was swimming in the pool one night. Freddie and I are all wasted, 4 stories up, throwing chairs at him.  Just terrible the shit we used to do.”

https://chromeballincident.blogspot.com/2016/07/chrome-ball-interview-94-ryan-hickey_92.html?m=1

if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

what is wrong with you

• Rep: 10
« Reply #311 on: March 21, 2022, 07:26:50 PM »
matt allen is ron allen’s son

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2315
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #312 on: March 21, 2022, 07:44:44 PM »
Ron Allen is, despite his positive public demeanor, an very unhappy person.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -258
« Reply #313 on: March 21, 2022, 08:57:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

So shitty to read

Hedgehog In Da Fog

• Rep: -15
« Reply #314 on: March 21, 2022, 09:15:38 PM »
Andrew Allen and Zach Allen are fraternal twins.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 818
« Reply #315 on: March 22, 2022, 12:37:25 AM »
Someone got shot and killed outside OneUp Skate Shop over the weekend. There was some sort of fight outside the shop and a 29 year old was shot in the chest. They had some sort of fingerboarder meetup earlier in the night, but usually that kind of stuff clears out by 1030 which is when this happened. The shop was closed but there's a bunch of kids that hang out there and skate the 3 ramps and a box that comprises their skate park afterwards.

Cops are investigating, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if one of the shop rats is involved. There's a bunch of wannabe thug trap dj gun flashing types that hang out there and the owner seems to think its just the coolest thing ever.

• Rep: 99
  • Fully Flared! coming November 16th 2007
« Reply #316 on: March 22, 2022, 12:47:07 AM »
if you rotate the alien whrkshop logo sideways, it says "neilb"

veritas

« Reply #317 on: March 22, 2022, 04:01:00 AM »
Chase Gabor and his friends held down his neighbor and shoved a screwdriver up his ass when they were growing up

milk.razor

• Rep: 11
« Reply #318 on: March 22, 2022, 04:43:29 AM »
Someone got shot and killed outside OneUp Skate Shop over the weekend. There was some sort of fight outside the shop and a 29 year old was shot in the chest. They had some sort of fingerboarder meetup earlier in the night, but usually that kind of stuff clears out by 1030 which is when this happened. The shop was closed but there's a bunch of kids that hang out there and skate the 3 ramps and a box that comprises their skate park afterwards.

Cops are investigating, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if one of the shop rats is involved. There's a bunch of wannabe thug trap dj gun flashing types that hang out there and the owner seems to think its just the coolest thing ever.

One bad look after another for that shop. After the last time I got vibed out by employees and the only boards on the wall were FA, i decided to spend my money across town..
No fun allowed. Also get your phone out and film this for my insta edit. Also don’t breath too loud. Bitch.

goldenbullcow

• Rep: -406
« Reply #319 on: March 22, 2022, 05:57:57 AM »
The Randy Rush story is very dark

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2315
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #320 on: March 22, 2022, 10:47:22 AM »
if you rotate the alien whrkshop logo sideways, it says "neilb"
Sunnuvabitch, it’s true!
This tidbit just brightened my morning; can’t believe I’ve never noticed that.
Some fanboy I’m turning out to be…

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Sightunseen

• Rep: 90
« Reply #321 on: March 22, 2022, 10:54:50 AM »

More of an opinion then a fact but uhhh ok not sure why you’re here to slander a core shop that does events for the community?  ???
personally I can only hope to be remembered in a slap post three years after my death, with my name spelled wrong

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 562
« Reply #322 on: March 22, 2022, 11:11:34 AM »
Steve Olson and Steve Olson are Highlanders and will eventually have to battle to the death as there can only be one.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #323 on: March 22, 2022, 12:05:49 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

One bad look after another for that shop. After the last time I got vibed out by employees and the only boards on the wall were FA, i decided to spend my money across town..

Yeah it's pretty cringeworthy watching the arrested development 40 year old dude being best buds with a bunch of teenagers who adore him because he lets them party at the shop. I think I went twice since they moved to the location, but since radio opened there's zero reason to go there. Better board wall, more focus on the cooler, smaller brands, and most of all better people and vibe.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2022/03/20/shooting-stabbings-in-pittsburgh-overnight/%3famp

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #324 on: March 22, 2022, 12:12:41 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

More of an opinion then a fact but uhhh ok not sure why you’re here to slander a core shop that does events for the community?  ???

Yeah our scene would really be dying without fingerboard night. And I'm sure the fight and homicide on a fairly quiet residential street is going to do wonders for our community. It's not slander if it's true bud. It's fine if you hang out there, I probably would have too when I was 17. But I'm old enough now to not really give a shit about being cool and I'm not going to not call them out for this bullshit.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2022/03/20/shooting-stabbings-in-pittsburgh-overnight/%3famp

Sightunseen

• Rep: 90
« Reply #325 on: March 22, 2022, 12:37:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yeah our scene would really be dying without fingerboard night. And I'm sure the fight and homicide on a fairly quiet residential street is going to do wonders for our community. It's not slander if it's true bud. It's fine if you hang out there, I probably would have too when I was 17. But I'm old enough now to not really give a shit about being cool and I'm not going to not call them out for this bullshit.

Not my scene, but this is the 2nd time today you’ve come on here to shit talk a Skateshop.  That’s cool though, go off  ::)

Also, you’re proudly repping that Username past the age of 17? Kinda whack you think THATS cool.
personally I can only hope to be remembered in a slap post three years after my death, with my name spelled wrong

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 253
« Reply #326 on: March 22, 2022, 01:50:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
So, Elissa didn't actually do that condom thing. But that won't stop everyone from endlessly repeating that rumor. Similar to the Danny Way thing.
[close]
Are you referring to the D. Way condom story?

All I will say is that the Helens and Kates of the skate world, that have been joked about as funny anecdotes of youthful indiscretion, would be considered trafficking of a minors from the present day perspective.
[close]

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=10329.0
[close]
That thread did not age well with all the woman shaming. Yikes lol
[close]

Woman shaming? They were sexually abusing a teenage runaway with glee.

Fucking dark
[close]

Also obscure

Synonyms

sn00p

• Rep: 25
« Reply #327 on: March 22, 2022, 03:18:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I’ll back you on this. OneUp was a great shop ten years ago. Truly tragic what it’s become in recent years.

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 569
« Reply #328 on: March 22, 2022, 05:02:24 PM »
Dark? Probably not. Obscure? Maybe.
Powell Peralta ripped of their logo from a shitty Willian Shatner flick called ‘The Devils Rain’.

Film came out in 75 PP 78.

indysk8r

• Rep: -22
« Reply #329 on: March 22, 2022, 05:51:17 PM »
gator killed his girlfriend

which was also christian hosois ex