Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8723593 times)

GershonSweaty and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 251
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #46740 on: October 25, 2022, 12:58:42 PM »
Expand Quote

Now the big question is, who's signature is on the tongue?

[close]

Vans is calling it the “Ninety Five”

Hahahah goddamnit we were close

Watson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2270
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #46741 on: October 25, 2022, 01:39:13 PM »
I just checked a pdf we have from Vans for a later release and it's listed as the MC96, and it's just a line drawing of the side of the left shoe but you can see "SIX" on the tongue. So it must be Ninety Six.

Trilogy

• Rep: -288
« Reply #46742 on: October 25, 2022, 02:54:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

I saw this late last night and thought I dreamt it this morning. This larger photo looks better than Jimmy's IG post. Man I can't wait!
[close]

Apparently the tan/olive is coming too!

Man, SO hyped on these!!!
[close]
When are these suppose to come out?

If Vans released this ones I would buy them no doubt, its a no brainer.

jdholmes

• Rep: -2
« Reply #46743 on: October 25, 2022, 03:06:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

I saw this late last night and thought I dreamt it this morning. This larger photo looks better than Jimmy's IG post. Man I can't wait!
[close]

Apparently the tan/olive is coming too!

Man, SO hyped on these!!!
[close]
When are these suppose to come out?
[close]

If Vans released this ones I would buy them no doubt, its a no brainer.

Shape looks sooooo good!!! The supreme ones and those new boys of summer carrolls had fucked up shapes. Compare them to the OG Carrolls and that shit looks so off. These finally look like the OG's. So many reissues butchered by the shoes having shitty shapes. (ie: ES) Looks like this is a different shape to those Boys of summer pairs no? The navy/white and all brown colorways have that distincitive OG Carroll shape. Lee Smith was rocking a pair of the OG beef/broccoli Vans Carrolls on his podcast a bit ago and people weren't sure if they were OGs or reissues. Hoping they were a reissue now because I also remember the shape of them looking dope.

Bucketguy

• Rep: 15
« Reply #46744 on: October 25, 2022, 03:39:17 PM »
I just checked a pdf we have from Vans for a later release and it's listed as the MC96, and it's just a line drawing of the side of the left shoe but you can see "SIX" on the tongue. So it must be Ninety Six.
I was hoping for ninetymes

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46745 on: October 25, 2022, 04:02:26 PM »
This is the slap I love.   Coming together and solving a problem

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46746 on: October 25, 2022, 05:06:00 PM »
Shape looks sooooo good!!! The supreme ones and those new boys of summer carrolls had fucked up shapes. Compare them to the OG Carrolls and that shit looks so off. These finally look like the OG's. So many reissues butchered by the shoes having shitty shapes. (ie: ES) Looks like this is a different shape to those Boys of summer pairs no?

These ones and the brown ones for sure are the same shape as the Boys Of Summer ones.

Aahaha we actually tried to make that happen but no luck (yet).

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46747 on: October 25, 2022, 05:16:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Shape looks sooooo good!!! The supreme ones and those new boys of summer carrolls had fucked up shapes. Compare them to the OG Carrolls and that shit looks so off. These finally look like the OG's. So many reissues butchered by the shoes having shitty shapes. (ie: ES) Looks like this is a different shape to those Boys of summer pairs no?
[close]

These ones and the brown ones for sure are the same shape as the Boys Of Summer ones.

Expand Quote
[close]

What’s wrong with the shape on the BoS ones?   The originals were before my time but i didn’t spy anything egregious looking at them on the shoe wall.    Owner of the local did tell me how annoying was to skate them back in the day when you skated through the lace loops (easily) and he had to personally punch lace holes in them

jdholmes

« Reply #46748 on: October 25, 2022, 06:22:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

What’s wrong with the shape on the BoS ones?   The originals were before my time but i didn’t spy anything egregious looking at them on the shoe wall.    Owner of the local did tell me how annoying was to skate them back in the day when you skated through the lace loops (easily) and he had to personally punch lace holes in them

I haven't actually seen the boys of summer ones in person so just going off of online pictures. Granted, the horrendous fucking clear sole could have also led me to believe that the shape was off so Im glad to stand corrected because the pairs in Jimmy's photos look great. Now the Supreme ones definietly had a fucked shape/toe after seeing them in person.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46749 on: October 25, 2022, 06:29:17 PM »
The shape on the BOS ones looked fine to me but then again I've never seen a pair of OGs in person ever. But I am an obsessive skate video and shoe nerd to the highest degree.

jdholmes

« Reply #46750 on: October 25, 2022, 06:34:19 PM »
FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKK yall are welcome for my high internet sleuthing skills

https://poshmark.com/listing/Vans-Ninety-Six-new-634714eb932a8acbb1248322

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46751 on: October 25, 2022, 06:59:47 PM »

Don’t be fooled by this on Shazam:

Urugori Na Vans (feat. Trizzie Ninety Six)

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46752 on: October 25, 2022, 07:03:00 PM »
The shape on the BOS ones looked fine to me but then again I've never seen a pair of OGs in person ever. But I am an obsessive skate video and shoe nerd to the highest degree.

I had no idea that Guy was wearing them in Mouse until that Gorecki post.   It’s weird to have to sift through so much Philly shit to find the good stuff with him

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46753 on: October 25, 2022, 07:03:16 PM »

Nice, those are the only ones I've seen officially through the shop, but it was only a line drawing. They look super good. I haven't seen any of the navy/white or brown/gum in catalogs or anything yet.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46754 on: October 25, 2022, 07:44:31 PM »
They’re size 9 so def a sample pair

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 859
« Reply #46755 on: October 25, 2022, 07:51:47 PM »
I get that they wouldn't want to change the design but I think they'd look better with another nylon loop at the top instead of the two holes. Maybe another loop at the top of the tongue to match the heel too

eSK3

« Reply #46756 on: October 25, 2022, 08:07:30 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Nice, those are the only ones I've seen officially through the shop, but it was only a line drawing. They look super good. I haven't seen any of the navy/white or brown/gum in catalogs or anything yet.

Need the enigma colorway. Like 6 pairs. Seriously.

Trilogy

• Rep: -288
« Reply #46757 on: October 26, 2022, 08:02:57 AM »

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 793
« Reply #46758 on: October 26, 2022, 08:03:13 AM »
these might be the first pair of shoes i'll pay retail for in years
I’m rich and smart

check out my music

chlnconnect.bandcamp.com

R.I.P. Tate

switch209

• Rep: -14
« Reply #46759 on: October 26, 2022, 10:05:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Oooh @Mean salto i def buy the ninety part.   I don’t quite see the rest of the word(s) but the Rone shoe  is called the Ninety Four, so you could be onto something (and honestly would make a lot more sense than having Carrolls signature on the shoe)
[close]
Yeah I zoomed in on the right foot in the top picture and looks like a short word ending in X but could be a Y or just a crease lol
Also I just assumed the shoe came out in 96 as it's worn in mouse and Carroll had a DC in 97
[close]

Gold star.   Can’t repeat a karma action in 24 hours.   

Hah I was having a not great day, so I’ve been kinda clinging onto this discovery as a way to keep me as buoyed as possible
[close]

I think you're right

On the left shoe you can kind of see an S and on the right you see an X. "Ninety Six" would make sense.
Didn't his shoe come out then? And in 1998 he switched to DC?

I could be off here though ...

Anyway, I'm buying every colorway. Twice.

I praying they'll have those Olive Tan ones as well.
[close]

Consulting my big Made for Skate skate shoe  book - they did come out in 96 (why the Rones are called 94 I’ll never know).   Also fun fact, Lakai Telfords are named after the designer Walter Telford

(Also, gotta love that Carroll dipped out on a company releasing his pro model, but had the nerve to be mad at MJ.   At least Vans had the sense to keep selling the shoe until his DC one came out)

[close]
Besides the point really but it's kinda funny lakai named a shoe after the designer of Carroll's vans but never tried to remake the shoe themselves. I'm pretty sure in 06 Mike Carroll had a vulc version of his 4th shoe (that was also very similar to the Telford and looked pretty much the same as the TNT 2 that was out at the time too) would have been a perfect time for them to of done a version Carroll's vans shoe again. Not like they're totally against remaking shoes either as not long after Rick had a shoe similar to his DC model come out.

It was his Carroll Select, right around when FF was coming out when they had the cup versions of pro shoes and the slimmed down vulc ones as "selects". Had a few pairs of the selects but the Carroll 4's were one of the more comfortable lakais ive ever had. Wish I couldve had the Howard 5s, always looked great in footage.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 859
« Reply #46760 on: October 26, 2022, 10:31:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Oooh @Mean salto i def buy the ninety part.   I don’t quite see the rest of the word(s) but the Rone shoe  is called the Ninety Four, so you could be onto something (and honestly would make a lot more sense than having Carrolls signature on the shoe)
[close]
Yeah I zoomed in on the right foot in the top picture and looks like a short word ending in X but could be a Y or just a crease lol
Also I just assumed the shoe came out in 96 as it's worn in mouse and Carroll had a DC in 97
[close]

Gold star.   Can’t repeat a karma action in 24 hours.   

Hah I was having a not great day, so I’ve been kinda clinging onto this discovery as a way to keep me as buoyed as possible
[close]

I think you're right

On the left shoe you can kind of see an S and on the right you see an X. "Ninety Six" would make sense.
Didn't his shoe come out then? And in 1998 he switched to DC?

I could be off here though ...

Anyway, I'm buying every colorway. Twice.

I praying they'll have those Olive Tan ones as well.
[close]

Consulting my big Made for Skate skate shoe  book - they did come out in 96 (why the Rones are called 94 I’ll never know).   Also fun fact, Lakai Telfords are named after the designer Walter Telford

(Also, gotta love that Carroll dipped out on a company releasing his pro model, but had the nerve to be mad at MJ.   At least Vans had the sense to keep selling the shoe until his DC one came out)

[close]
Besides the point really but it's kinda funny lakai named a shoe after the designer of Carroll's vans but never tried to remake the shoe themselves. I'm pretty sure in 06 Mike Carroll had a vulc version of his 4th shoe (that was also very similar to the Telford and looked pretty much the same as the TNT 2 that was out at the time too) would have been a perfect time for them to of done a version Carroll's vans shoe again. Not like they're totally against remaking shoes either as not long after Rick had a shoe similar to his DC model come out.

[close]

It was his Carroll Select, right around when FF was coming out when they had the cup versions of pro shoes and the slimmed down vulc ones as "selects". Had a few pairs of the selects but the Carroll 4's were one of the more comfortable lakais ive ever had. Wish I couldve had the Howard 5s, always looked great in footage.
Oh yeah forgot they were called selects. Had the soty pair sole was way too thin, they were like an inch and a half too big and instead of regular rubber foxing on the toe it was suede so you got no grip at all to flick. Wish I'd got the regular Carroll 4s instead if I ever go back in time I won't waste any money on emerica and lakai vulcs.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 649
« Reply #46761 on: October 26, 2022, 10:35:47 AM »
Gilbert teasing a new brown gum colorway of the Crockett Highs

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #46762 on: October 26, 2022, 11:41:51 AM »

BYE BYE Half Cabs.

twic3

• Rep: 16
« Reply #46763 on: October 26, 2022, 12:24:17 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

BYE BYE Half Cabs.

I've always wanted to skate a pair of tnt2 mids as an adult. Those are close enough and im hyped.

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 746
« Reply #46764 on: October 26, 2022, 07:38:01 PM »
https://etnies.com/collections/mens-shoes/products/estrella-red-white-4102000147-616

How the hell did this shoe make it to market?  It looks like a bargain-bin Fila shoe you’d find on sale for $19.99 at TJ Maxx (except you’re paying $123.99 for it).  I’d love to see Sole Tech prosper but I don’t understand who the market is for the majority of their shoes…

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1096
« Reply #46765 on: October 26, 2022, 07:58:26 PM »
I disagree. I think this design is refreshing. Skate shoes be looking to samey. They said the idea was to make a skate shoe you could also workout in.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46766 on: October 26, 2022, 07:58:46 PM »
https://etnies.com/collections/mens-shoes/products/estrella-red-white-4102000147-616

How the hell did this shoe make it to market?  It looks like a bargain-bin Fila shoe you’d find on sale for $19.99 at TJ Maxx (except you’re paying $123.99 for it).  I’d love to see Sole Tech prosper but I don’t understand who the market is for the majority of their shoes…

“We have Supra Ellingtons at home”

Doosh215

• Rep: 61
« Reply #46767 on: October 26, 2022, 09:33:08 PM »
I disagree. I think this design is refreshing. Skate shoes be looking to samey. They said the idea was to make a skate shoe you could also workout in.

I actually think the white ones look pretty nice. No shot in hell I'd pay $124 for them though, that's insane. I know prices have gone up everywhere, but sole tech seems to REALLY have jacked up prices on everything. Looking at eS it's all super expensive now too. I feel like somewhere in the $90- MAYBE $99 range would seem reasonable. But $124 get the fuck out of here. I'd consider picking up a pair if they're ever on the discount rack for $50-$60.

WideFeet

• Rep: 82
« Reply #46768 on: October 26, 2022, 09:34:25 PM »

I don’t understand what’s up with Sole Tech’s pricing. I feel like because other brands like Nike SB, NB#, etc. have shoes for $95-$100+ regularly in their catalog, they can up their prices. It seems like their price gouging. Which is a bummer.

I understand a shoe being more expensive than it was a couple years ago, but $123 for an Etnies shoe? Any revolutionary technology? What makes it better than any other Sole Tech shoe that’s $85-$90?

I’ve heard about some conversations that’s happened about pricing in marketing meetings and how much they’ve talked about charging for certain models in the future. It’s insane. Really hope their direction changes.

grassblade

« Reply #46769 on: October 26, 2022, 09:44:58 PM »
who the fuck is rooting for Sole Tech in 2022