Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 584739 times)

hangontoyourego

Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #3090 on: December 08, 2018, 07:56:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
What's the ratio of people who follow a sport simply because they love it, to people who follow a sport because they gamble on it?

Edit: I dated a girl who had gypsy ancestors. She told me the word "gyp" (as in, "This stock market tip is a gyp") is racist due to it stemming from "gypsy" and the stereotype that all gypsies con and steal.
[close]

Damn I never thought of where that term came from . Also I suppose every term I used as kid is racist now
[close]

We had no idea about the brevity of language. I used to say wicked in grade 7, but now I realize I was greedily co-opting British culture.

Are you from Massachusetts? I don’t what brevity of language means .

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1382
« Reply #3091 on: December 08, 2018, 08:06:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
What's the ratio of people who follow a sport simply because they love it, to people who follow a sport because they gamble on it?

Edit: I dated a girl who had gypsy ancestors. She told me the word "gyp" (as in, "This stock market tip is a gyp") is racist due to it stemming from "gypsy" and the stereotype that all gypsies con and steal.
[close]

Damn I never thought of where that term came from . Also I suppose every term I used as kid is racist now
[close]

We had no idea about the brevity of language. I used to say wicked in grade 7, but now I realize I was greedily co-opting British culture.
[close]

Are you from Massachusetts? I don’t what brevity of language means .

I wish, maybe then I'd be good at ledge tricks. I'm from Winnipeg. Brevity means precision of speech, I'm using it loosely.

givecigstosurfgroms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #3092 on: December 09, 2018, 04:17:06 AM »
What the fuck is time?
  Measurement.  Its kinda society too.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #3093 on: December 09, 2018, 06:57:03 AM »
No, I get that. I believe I misspoke. I understand the concept of time as a frame of reference, or a unit of measurement. I mean more like, if we get a Thorium clock that measures time as a function of the probability of atoms decaying over time - I understand that if I interact with it, I might affect its measurements because I am a warm body. But what I'm wondering is why something like changing the position of the clock over time can affect its measurements.

It's also entirely possible I'm too high for the morning, and I don't understand anything at all.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3094 on: December 09, 2018, 07:23:16 AM »
I'd say that the reason the clocks measurements are affected is cause nothing that exists is isolated from anything truly.  If you're in a room with a clock there's communication.   We project very strongly toward clocks.  Seeing what time it is and shitting ur pants cause you're late is alot of energy projecting and all the events like this ingrain deeper our relationship with clocks. We breathe the life into the clock/time phenomenon I feel as individuals and as a society and because they're alive in that sense they are even more receptive I'd say. (Edit but of course at the end of the day we are owned by the clocks.  Our need to be controlled and compartmentalised, 'time' fullfills completely, a horrifying invention .)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 07:39:29 AM by givecigstosurfgroms »

hangontoyourego

« Reply #3095 on: December 09, 2018, 07:49:50 AM »
I'd say that the reason the clocks measurements are affected is cause nothing that exists is isolated from anything truly.  If you're in a room with a clock there's communication.   We project very strongly toward clocks.  Seeing what time it is and shitting ur pants cause you're late is alot of energy projecting and all the events like this ingrain deeper our relationship with clocks. We breathe the life into the clock/time phenomenon I feel as individuals and as a society and because they're alive in that sense they are even more receptive I'd say. (Edit but of course at the end of the day we are owned by the clocks.  Our need to be controlled and compartmentalised, 'time' fullfills completely, a horrifying invention .)

So on that note when it’s the weekend I like to do whatever whenever and not be so concerned with time and making plans . I have a friend that I used to skate with that needs to make plans a week in anvance to skate on Sunday . Let’s just wake up and see how the days goes , maybe we’ll meet up @ 9 maybe 11. He told me he has To have his days off planned like a work day . I’m all yeah fuck that noise

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3096 on: December 09, 2018, 02:38:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

So on that note when it’s the weekend I like to do whatever whenever and not be so concerned with time and making plans . I have a friend that I used to skate with that needs to make plans a week in anvance to skate on Sunday . Let’s just wake up and see how the days goes , maybe we’ll meet up @ 9 maybe 11. He told me he has To have his days off planned like a work day . I’m all yeah fuck that noise
  I hear you!  I like to have my days set adrift when I can, and just let go.

hangontoyourego

« Reply #3097 on: December 09, 2018, 02:41:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3098 on: December 09, 2018, 05:51:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Love the whole album.  Produced by the one and only dj Todd Terry.

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #3099 on: December 09, 2018, 11:25:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

yea hthats nice and all but when youre an actual adult with responsibilities and other shit going on its just not an option. im with your buddy. if i say im skating a5 10 and homie doesnt show up till 12, ill have gotten my 2 hours in and be getting ready to go on to the next thing i have to do that day.

must be nice to be an eternal manchild though. i miss those days

[close]

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3100 on: December 10, 2018, 05:30:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

yea hthats nice and all but when youre an actual adult with responsibilities and other shit going on its just not an option. im with your buddy. if i say im skating a5 10 and homie doesnt show up till 12, ill have gotten my 2 hours in and be getting ready to go on to the next thing i have to do that day.

[close]
[close]
He just said  he was being asked about a Sunday skate a week in advance down to the hour.  Asking that of someone is not "adult" and him saying "fuck that" doesn't make him deserved of the "manchild" moniker Imo.

hangontoyourego

« Reply #3101 on: December 10, 2018, 06:17:29 AM »
so because i dont’t want to make a set time to skate on my day off a week in advance makes me a manchild ? thats fine , and also yer right he got married so hes got that ol’ ball & chain i decided not have . Also he has 3 days off do get his responsibilities accomplished . 10 is more resonable of a time. im sorry yer emo feeling got hurt . go punch yer self in the dick and focus yer deck. love grown ass manchild .  :-*

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #3102 on: December 10, 2018, 07:45:49 AM »
Expand Quote
What the fuck is time?
[close]

[Adopts Evan Smith persona]Time is like not even there man it’s like a thousand points of light all going at the speed of light but then you go faster than the speed of light and you look back and those points of light aren’t even there man because they DONT EXIST YET in your reality because you are actually making a parallel universe every time you make a decision and then each parallel universe where every decision you ever made is playing out AT THE SAME TIME.  In some realities it’s dinosaurs that are the ones that never died and now they developed laser guns and the dinosaurs are actually literally fighting each other RIGHT NOW with laser guns but don’t worry you won’t get hit by a stray laser beam because laser beams can’t cross dimensions and we just couldnt even see it yet because remember we are going faster than light.   And if you think about it, if you stepped on an ant, that ant might have made like a frog jump across the highway and eat that ant and you never know man... maybe it was Hitler driving that car that you made swerve to avoid hitting that frog on the highway and then crashed into like a tree and died and you just saved 6 million Jews from the horrors of the Holocaust because you stepped on that ant you know?  People never think about stuff like that but I do when I sleep in my tent in the middle of New York City for no reason just to think about what it would like to be homeless.[/Evan Smith persona]

How I missed this reply the first time around, I'll never know. You brightened my day.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
« Reply #3103 on: December 10, 2018, 09:03:51 AM »
Do non-Italians know about Dominick the Italian Christmas donkey?

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3104 on: December 10, 2018, 09:17:04 AM »
nope, you Italians have been tricked, do you have to give money or something else to "Dominick" ?

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3105 on: December 10, 2018, 09:30:09 AM »
Nah, he brings presents, like instead of the reindeer. It's also a very annoying song.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #3106 on: December 10, 2018, 09:43:22 AM »

yes

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #3107 on: December 10, 2018, 01:24:39 PM »

I always wondered if anyone else outside of my family had the weird “Christmas Pickle” tradition thing.

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #3108 on: December 10, 2018, 02:15:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
He just said  he was being asked about a Sunday skate a week in advance down to the hour.  Asking that of someone is not "adult" and him saying "fuck that" doesn't make him deserved of the "manchild" moniker Imo.
'I like to do whatever whenever and not be so concerned with time and making plans'
that sentence is what garnered the manchild comment, maybe i was over reacting  i dunno. I really dont see pre planning a skate a week in advance as \nyhtn other than a dude with a busy life tryin to make sure he gets some time to roll with his buddies, if youre free enough to not have to go to those lengths then good for you. some of us need to. now if youll excuse me i gott ago punch my
self in the dick for some reason...

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3109 on: December 10, 2018, 03:51:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
'I like to do whatever whenever and not be so concerned with time and making plans'
that sentence is what garnered the manchild comment, maybe i was over reacting  i dunno. I really dont see pre planning a skate a week in advance as \nyhtn other than a dude with a busy life tryin to make sure he gets some time to roll with his buddies, if youre free enough to not have to go to those lengths then good for you. some of us need to. now if youll excuse me i gott ago punch my
Ha!

hangontoyourego

« Reply #3110 on: December 10, 2018, 04:19:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
Ha!

really what I should’ve said is that I’ve been skating for a really long time and the one of the best things is meeting people meeting new friends through skating without knowing them prior so when it comes to the weekends I don’t want to look at my phone I don’t want to text people to make plans I just want to go fucking skate and unfortunately my friend wants to make plans and that was the beauty of when I moved across the country that I didn’t know anybody and then I would go skate these curbs  and I made a whole bunch of friends and now we have to sit there and be like what time are you going to be there w I’ll be there this time it’s fucking annoying just go fucking skate. i would just like to pretend i have little freedom and an inner kid that likes to just live life .

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • HANNIBAL!!
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3111 on: December 10, 2018, 06:43:40 PM »

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 535
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3112 on: December 16, 2018, 07:08:16 AM »
still listening to a lot of classical music lately and I came across this portrait of barbara strozzi. why is her left breast exposed?

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1150
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3113 on: December 16, 2018, 04:06:25 PM »
The artist was pulling out all the stops to divert attention away from her face.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #3114 on: December 16, 2018, 04:35:41 PM »

Pigeon

« Reply #3115 on: December 16, 2018, 07:11:37 PM »
still listening to a lot of classical music lately and I came across this portrait of barbara strozzi. why is her left breast exposed?

She wanted Leonardo DiCaprio to to touch it.

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 992
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3116 on: December 17, 2018, 12:58:33 PM »
getting a neti pot .. love the videos .. i might be passed the point of using one with my sickness but ive got this mucus build up that’s like in between my nose and eyes that’s stuck there
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

hangontoyourego

« Reply #3117 on: December 17, 2018, 01:07:36 PM »
getting a neti pot .. love the videos .. i might be passed the point of using one with my sickness but ive got this mucus build up that’s like in between my nose and eyes that’s stuck there

do it . i used one early this year when i had the flu .

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3118 on: December 17, 2018, 02:05:46 PM »
Neti pots are amazing, I use mine a few times a week at least.

This recent incident had me spooked, but its a super rare occurrence, and you just need to use boiled or distilled water to avoid it from happening:
https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/07/health/seattle-brain-amoeba-neti-pot-bn/index.html

reltih

• Rep: -5
« Reply #3119 on: December 17, 2018, 02:14:02 PM »
wtf why dont you just use the shower