Author Topic: skating people's houses  (Read 3228 times)

modern life is war

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -619
skating people's houses
« on: December 23, 2022, 09:22:38 PM »
Pretty cool thing to do right now for those cutty rail spots, do you guys agree with it? I personally would not do it
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

DillsDarts

• Rep: -22
Re: skating people's houses
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2022, 09:45:05 PM »
Honestly thought about this one for awhile now… I think it all comes down to what each individual is comfortable doing on someone else’s property but at the end of the day its still someone’s property… maybe it depends on how far out from the house the spot actually is?? Like front steps would be pushing it, but like front walk way stair gap??? Fair game. Always pissed me off when some idiot paying rent in a massive building came out & acting like this 25 storey complex is “their” property…
'Offensive career gets one do over, last attitude gets two tries. Cariuma riders have a bigger margin for error but will ultimately be decided by the referee'.
[/quote]

bigbevev

• Rep: -14
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2022, 10:25:38 PM »
Apparently its ok i guess 🤷🏾‍♂️

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1110
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2022, 10:34:55 PM »
There has been multiple threads on this topic if you use the search function.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

therealnod

• Rep: 36
  • Brevity is
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2022, 11:32:52 PM »
Property is theft, therefore skating is property

boogs

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2022, 06:06:32 AM »
There has been multiple threads on this topic if you use the search function.

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -522
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2022, 06:45:00 AM »
Imagine walking by a newsstand, and on the cover of Thrasher magazine, you see someone on your property, barging a handrail.  You quickly remember that you had to spend time and money repairing this railing after it was mysteriously damaged.  Now you are publicly reliving the trauma of the clandestine violation of your property and witnessing the grotesque display of this heinous act, publicly.  Everyone you walk by seems to know what went down, that these skaters cucked your rail while you were at work.  Once friendly faces now seem nefarious and mocking.  At night, on the web you research this “thrasher magazine” for answers.  We’re you targeted specifically? Was this a random act?  WILL THEY TARGET YOU AGAIN?!?  You live in fear, a shell of yourself, a failure to protect your property.  Your wife takes the kids and moves into a building with a doorman out front, “to try to feel safe again” she says. 
Then, one night, while trying to find some closure at the bottom of a bottle, back on the internet looking for answers, you realize someone must be profiting off your pain.  You google “Michael Burnett yearly salary” and see a number in the MID SIX FIGURES!

I’m not saying we can stop these “rail cucks” from violating homeowners walkways, but we can ask, who profits and if an editor of a magazine should make that much money.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 206
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2022, 06:45:25 AM »
Only if I knew who they were and hated them

therealnod

• Rep: 36
  • Brevity is
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2022, 01:16:27 PM »
Imagine walking by a newsstand, and on the cover of Thrasher magazine, you see someone on your property, barging a handrail.  You quickly remember that you had to spend time and money repairing this railing after it was mysteriously damaged.  Now you are publicly reliving the trauma of the clandestine violation of your property and witnessing the grotesque display of this heinous act, publicly.  Everyone you walk by seems to know what went down, that these skaters cucked your rail while you were at work.  Once friendly faces now seem nefarious and mocking.  At night, on the web you research this “thrasher magazine” for answers.  We’re you targeted specifically? Was this a random act?  WILL THEY TARGET YOU AGAIN?!?  You live in fear, a shell of yourself, a failure to protect your property.  Your wife takes the kids and moves into a building with a doorman out front, “to try to feel safe again” she says. 
Then, one night, while trying to find some closure at the bottom of a bottle, back on the internet looking for answers, you realize someone must be profiting off your pain.  You google “Michael Burnett yearly salary” and see a number in the MID SIX FIGURES!

I’m not saying we can stop these “rail cucks” from violating homeowners walkways, but we can ask, who profits and if an editor of a magazine should make that much money.
I would watch this movie.  It's perfect for Christmas.

"Back on the bottle at the end of his rope looking for answers on the internet"

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 168
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2022, 02:14:44 PM »

Goodcurbs?  Is that you?

Does “new phone” translate to new IP address?

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2022, 02:52:36 PM »
ftp://
Expand Quote

[close]

Goodcurbs?  Is that you?

Does “new phone” translate to new IP address?

Who dis?

livin on a speyer

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2022, 07:56:14 PM »
Don't

frontshuv

• Rep: -18
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2022, 08:09:09 PM »
I did as a teen. I feel bad about it

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 802
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2022, 08:19:01 PM »
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -303
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2022, 08:40:58 PM »
If you’re fortunate enough to own property in a city like SF, NYC, LA, Seattle, Portland etc., I’ve got zero sympathy for them. The value in the asset of the property is orders of magnitude more than a little bit of paint or masonry fix from some skateboarding. I feel for the renters who have to interact with belligerent skaters trying to get a clip.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1149
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2022, 09:38:30 PM »
There’s no way I’m skating someone’s house.  I wouldn’t be able to enjoy it because I’d be feeling too guilty about fucking up someone else’s personal shit.  Imagining some poor old lady looking outside in the morning and seeing a bunch of ugly black streaks on her house and getting super bummed.

Though I’d probably be ok with it if I knew the homeowner was a pedophile or war criminal or something.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2022, 09:43:21 PM »
There used to be a sick gap from the back of a grocery store to someone’s driveway, when I was 12 or 13 I went and knocked on their door and asked if they cared if I skated it and they said go for it.

I also caveman Boardslid someone’s front handrail and they were not happy.

Also skated a gap in front of someone’s house without asking, but honestly it looked abandoned so I thought it was a go. They came out after a couple tries and said I was shaking their whole house but I could still skate it if I was quick. I did the gap a few tries later but felt really bad and awkward cause they were watching me the whole time from their front window.

I would say to be safe ask, and offer to clean up (paint a rail etc) if they say no move on. But I honestly have no problem seeing footage of people skating houses, it’s when they’re told to leave and start acting like kooks when I start to feel different.

Perforated Opinions

• Rep: -198
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2022, 11:04:39 PM »
Go ahead, reap what you sow…

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1076
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2022, 05:26:06 AM »
There was a local video from a few years ago which featured some young assholes ripping out the landscaping on someone's house so they could skate the ledge next to them. Like they break a little Japanese Maple sapling in half in order to do a boardslide or something. Insanely lame and I think basically anyone over the age of 15 should know better.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Starjump18

• Rep: 0
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2022, 08:58:30 AM »
So I've been a skater for 30 years, I love skateboarding.

Another skater skates my house and fucks it up, they deserve what they're getting , beat.

There's enough skateparks out there of commercial properties to not have to destroy someone's hard earnt and hard worked for home.

Have some respect and stay away from residential property , your trick does not matter shit in the grand scheme of things.

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2022, 04:12:55 PM »
If it was my house I’d only permit it if they’re dropping hammers. I’d wanna see some flat ground and know what kinda sponsors they have. Otherwise I’m gonna throw a bike lock on the spot and kick them out. 

EllingtonBigspin

• Rep: -19
  • Hipster Holocaust
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2022, 07:08:37 AM »
Skating is all about breaking rules, smoking weed and talking shit
Pavement Pirate on the Outskirts of Life Hopping Over Fences and violating Public Property

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2022, 07:14:50 AM »
Skating is all about breaking rules, smoking weed and talking shit

You’re nothing if not consistent, keep running free

theoriginalgoon

• Rep: -60
  • eight equals d
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2022, 07:50:42 AM »
I wouldn’t do it now that I’m an adult and own my own property. If I caught someone doing on my property without my permissions, they may or may not proceed to getting their board focused and it yeeted across the street
Me: I found skate Jesus.

Slap: Yeah, well maybe if he does the crucifix switch I will believe it.

EllingtonBigspin

• Rep: -19
  • Hipster Holocaust
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2022, 08:31:32 AM »
To be honest, I piss on people front lawns, deface their property with my shitty tags, skate and destroy their ‘property’. One time me and the homie  even took a shit on some Fools front lawns. Fuck yo private property
PROPERTY IS THEFT T.S.O.L
Maybe it’s cause I’m not from America and I dont have this ‘gun toting flag waving’ way of seeing things. Ain’t on that ‘chewing on tobacco on the porch shining my shotgun waiting for some punk skater kids to blast’ shit. Maybe more on that vibe of ‘unwashed hippie feet communes’ where  the idea of ‘property’ is forfeited for the much better values of peace,love and communism. I believe skateboarding is communist protest and revolution at grass roots level. What better way to defy a Materialistic Capitalist society that brainwashes you to become another cog in the oppressive machine by destroying public and private property in the most aggressive  yet graceful way.
Viva la revolution
Viva la Skateboarding
And most importantly...
Viva la Bam
Pavement Pirate on the Outskirts of Life Hopping Over Fences and violating Public Property

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1076
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2022, 07:46:08 PM »
To be honest, I piss on people front lawns, deface their property with my shitty tags, skate and destroy their ‘property’. One time me and the homie  even took a shit on some Fools front lawns. Fuck yo private property
PROPERTY IS THEFT T.S.O.L
Maybe it’s cause I’m not from America and I dont have this ‘gun toting flag waving’ way of seeing things. Ain’t on that ‘chewing on tobacco on the porch shining my shotgun waiting for some punk skater kids to blast’ shit. Maybe more on that vibe of ‘unwashed hippie feet communes’ where  the idea of ‘property’ is forfeited for the much better values of peace,love and communism. I believe skateboarding is communist protest and revolution at grass roots level. What better way to defy a Materialistic Capitalist society that brainwashes you to become another cog in the oppressive machine by destroying public and private property in the most aggressive  yet graceful way.
Viva la revolution
Viva la Skateboarding
And most importantly...
Viva la Bam

You’re describing your own anti-social behavior, not a revolutionary act of anti-capitalist rebellion.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

cky enthusiast

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2022, 07:53:07 PM »
owning a home eh? might as well title this "skating people’s gold plated boats" as far as i’m concerned. i’m gonna be renting forever. fuck

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -619
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2022, 07:58:19 PM »
owning a home eh? might as well title this "skating people’s gold plated boats" as far as i’m concerned. i’m gonna be renting forever. fuck

Lol i feel it
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1586
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2022, 09:56:54 PM »
i just knew this topic would lead to a class war.....

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2022, 10:52:08 PM »
Cool with me. I made my driveway skateable for this reason. If you’re in Napa, skate my house.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.