Author Topic: Sole Tech Sells To The Nidecker Group  (Read 9075 times)

Lame_Nigga

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -3
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
Re: Sole Tech Sells To The Nidecker Group
« Reply #90 on: May 27, 2024, 01:15:14 PM »
Ross and Marshall’s are about to be packed with Soletech shoes

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2289
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #91 on: May 27, 2024, 01:48:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Maybe Tom Asta will finally get a sponsor that fits
[close]
what would fit him do you think? Maybe DC? Adidas, Nike?
[close]

Get the dude on NB#. I doubt Nike would take him. He has said between Fallen and eS he skated a few Nikes and didn’t like any of them.
[close]

Please don't do this to my boy.
[close]

Not trying to banish him back to Fallen. I was trying to say I doubt he gets on Nike because he has said between the time he quit Fallen and got on eS he skated some Nikes and didn’t like anything they were making. Dude deserves a top tier shoe deal for sure.

Tom Asta isn't getting on Nike because he's Tom Asta.

Honestly not even saying the dude isn't super good at skating or that he's a bad dude. But people in here (and in the New Balance thread) are talking about Tom Asta like he's some top tier pro with companies wanting to sign him. He's on Santa Cruz and eS for a reason. Good at skating but bland and boring.

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
  • sup dog
« Reply #92 on: May 27, 2024, 07:28:24 PM »
Nidecker is an f tier snowboard brand they seem to have a financial boost recently from the success of some gimmicky step in bindings, they also run a factory that makes boards for other brands but I can’t see them lasting long term. rip sole tech could see joslin on New Balance a gap Video with him and Reynolds would be sick
@Fraserjamesjollyjamieson
I think discussing Joslin’s future should be a thread. What do you think?

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • sup dog
« Reply #93 on: May 27, 2024, 07:36:24 PM »
All three brands have shit offerings in size 12 this Memorial Day sale. Either people are stocking up, or they’re letting current stock run out.

I have three Joslins on ice, thank goodness.

The only other shoe that would work for me is: I don’t know… what other shoe is similar to the Joslin (cup sole with foam midsole, and a 5mm-10mm thick insole that I can swap out for FP’s?).

Who knows, maybe their will be a rebirth of Footwear from ESETNIESEMERICA.

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #94 on: May 27, 2024, 07:41:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Nidecker is an f tier snowboard brand they seem to have a financial boost recently from the success of some gimmicky step in bindings, they also run a factory that makes boards for other brands but I can’t see them lasting long term. rip sole tech could see joslin on New Balance a gap Video with him and Reynolds would be sick
[close]
@Fraserjamesjollyjamieson
I think discussing Joslin’s future should be a thread. What do you think?

Etnies is currently the most secure of the three footwear brands by far, Joslin should be fine for a while on Etnies. That’s their best guy so I doubt they’re looking to get rid of him anytime soon, especially since his shoe is one of the top selling Etnies shoes

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #95 on: May 27, 2024, 10:27:04 PM »
I wonder what all the canadian instagram skaters are going to do when éS is done
I could see Wade in NB#
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

artskool

• Rep: 34
« Reply #96 on: May 28, 2024, 06:42:30 AM »
Consolidation in specialty markets like skate/snowboarding comes when the market growth is flat. Brands can't grow sales, so they grow market share by buying other brands. Eventually somebody calls the loan and it all gets sold to a downmarket, non-specialty market junkyard like Authentic Brands for next to nothing.

BahstanFaht

• Rep: 0
« Reply #97 on: May 29, 2024, 07:28:10 PM »
Hmmmm....if you go to Emerica website, they don't even list the team anymore.  They show team shoes for sale but don't list the team.

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • sup dog
« Reply #98 on: May 29, 2024, 08:44:14 PM »
Hmmmm....if you go to Emerica website, they don't even list the team anymore.  They show team shoes for sale but don't list the team.
That’s what I’m saying!!! They’re selling all the current stock out!!!

Is this really the end??

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #99 on: May 30, 2024, 12:36:00 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
That’s what I’m saying!!! They’re selling all the current stock out!!!

Is this really the end??
EU site still have a Team section
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

BeAWitness

• Rep: 4
« Reply #100 on: May 30, 2024, 12:36:42 AM »
not gonna read this thread. but they should just cut etnies and Es. The skate world has progressed passed etnies. and the Es reboot was undercooked. “let’s rerelease a shoe company to reissue like 4 shoes that were popular over 20 years ago”

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -75
« Reply #101 on: May 30, 2024, 06:20:59 AM »
Hand the entire Sole Tech stable over to Ben DeGros and let him do whatever he wants with them.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2274
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #102 on: May 30, 2024, 07:08:09 AM »
Hand the entire Sole Tech stable over to Ben DeGros and let him do whatever he wants with them.
I had already forgotten about his recent Sole Tech glow-up; I’m really very happy Ben got a little shine from Etnies before they sold.

I’m just gonna say this, since I’m in this thread… I have always, ALWAYS disliked the brand name Etnies. 
Once I learned the origin story of how they ended up calling the company that, I disliked it even more.  Maybe it’s clever word play in French(?) but it’s clunky, cumbersome & not at all clever in English.

RSVP Soletech: thanks for the decent shoes on sale for $19.99 USD twice a year.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 751
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #103 on: May 30, 2024, 07:44:55 AM »
All three brands have shit offerings in size 12 this Memorial Day sale. Either people are stocking up, or they’re letting current stock run out.

My guess is hedging on them moving product from one warehouse to another, not that they literally have three options for people who wear 10.5
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

KDP

• Rep: 12
« Reply #104 on: May 30, 2024, 09:02:05 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

My guess is hedging on them moving product from one warehouse to another, not that they literally have three options for people who wear 10.5

I got told this. Apparently moving USA warehouse currently so stock levels are all over the place as things get unpacked the other end.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 816
« Reply #105 on: May 30, 2024, 07:26:02 PM »
I wonder if Kelly Hart is of Es employment?  He was absent from the 9 club live earlier…
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Southernmost

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #106 on: May 30, 2024, 07:36:31 PM »

left knee cap

• Rep: 117
  • $$$$
« Reply #107 on: May 30, 2024, 07:44:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Video expires in 48 hours.

https://streamable.com/irjjvh
[close]

This explains a lot.

Hahaha what the fuck is the story behind this

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1080
« Reply #108 on: May 30, 2024, 08:05:21 PM »

Cranberry Relish

• Rep: 29
« Reply #109 on: May 30, 2024, 10:09:35 PM »

artskool

• Rep: 34
« Reply #110 on: May 31, 2024, 09:26:26 AM »
"sizzle" reel

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2274
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #111 on: May 31, 2024, 10:18:09 AM »
"sizzle" reel
Right?!?
Not even sure it qualifies as a “simmer” reel.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 487
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #112 on: May 31, 2024, 10:44:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I had already forgotten about his recent Sole Tech glow-up; I’m really very happy Ben got a little shine from Etnies before they sold.

I’m just gonna say this, since I’m in this thread… I have always, ALWAYS disliked the brand name Etnies. 
Once I learned the origin story of how they ended up calling the company that, I disliked it even more.  Maybe it’s clever word play in French(?) but it’s clunky, cumbersome & not at all clever in English.

About 20 years ago when I was in school I overheard a girl say that Etnies sounds like the name of a disease and I haven't been able to get it out of my head since
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 370
« Reply #113 on: May 31, 2024, 12:47:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

About 20 years ago when I was in school I overheard a girl say that Etnies sounds like the name of a disease and I haven't been able to get it out of my head since

I just laughed wayyyyyyy too hard at this, damn.

*sobbing* “Mother, mother, I don’t know how this could have happened to me, but the doctor declared it’s a terminal case of…etnies!”
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E