Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread  (Read 44787 times)

Lame_Nigga

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -3
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
Re: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread
« Reply #2100 on: February 05, 2024, 08:55:29 AM »
Can we at least agree that shoe-horning in Cody into a triple threat like he’s Daniel Bryan is terrible move?
It’d be such bad booking. I really don’t know how they’re going to get out of this.

If Cody goes for Seth then Cody ends up looking like a bitch, if Seth loses he looks like a fukin idiot for egging on the dude who has beat him every time they’ve wrestled in the past two years.

But on a positive note Trick v Dragunov was pretty great. Trick still has room to improve in ring but I say he’s on the main roster within the next two years. Also crazy that commentary said that Kofimania is the moment that made Trick want to be a wrestler, that wasn’t that long ago

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -115
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #2101 on: February 05, 2024, 06:26:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Can we at least agree that shoe-horning in Cody into a triple threat like he’s Daniel Bryan is terrible move?
[close]
It’d be such bad booking. I really don’t know how they’re going to get out of this.

If Cody goes for Seth then Cody ends up looking like a bitch, if Seth loses he looks like a fukin idiot for egging on the dude who has beat him every time they’ve wrestled in the past two years.

But on a positive note Trick v Dragunov was pretty great. Trick still has room to improve in ring but I say he’s on the main roster within the next two years. Also crazy that commentary said that Kofimania is the moment that made Trick want to be a wrestler, that wasn’t that long ago

Again, I think it’s only going to make Cody look bigger in the end. Call me a Mark by I’ve come to trust the writers as everything I’ve really questioned works out in a direction I like. Again, I just think if Cody went straight to Roman, it’d have been so predictable. I’m not a huge fan of knowing the outcome. Maybe not in this case as Cody is not my top watch. Nor is Roman.

Dragunov VS Trick was 10/10. I really wish Dragunov would move up & dethrone Gunther. Trick rules & Heel Melo is going to solidify him for me. Always liked him but something seemed off. I also think he needs some ringwork too as I still think about how Bron saved him from botching to what looked like a potential broken neck during a dive to the outside.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 250
« Reply #2102 on: February 05, 2024, 07:02:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Again, I think it’s only going to make Cody look bigger in the end. Call me a Mark by I’ve come to trust the writers as everything I’ve really questioned works out in a direction I like. Again, I just think if Cody went straight to Roman, it’d have been so predictable. I’m not a huge fan of knowing the outcome. Maybe not in this case as Cody is not my top watch. Nor is Roman.

Dragunov VS Trick was 10/10. I really wish Dragunov would move up & dethrone Gunther. Trick rules & Heel Melo is going to solidify him for me. Always liked him but something seemed off. I also think he needs some ringwork too as I still think about how Bron saved him from botching to what looked like a potential broken neck during a dive to the outside.

You’re not a mark, you’re just one of the “let the story play out” people that get mocked after shit like Brock squashing Kofi or other short-sighted shit the Fed does

Predictable isn’t bad.   An ending should be predictable if you’ve told the story correctly.   Not everything needs a swoop or twist and judging by the fans last year and this year, people are fucking ready for Cody to win.   But the Fed loves a “moment” more than anything else.

If Cody learned anything from his father, people get fucking sick of a Dusty Finish/chase after a while and people will lose their faith in this company, with a documented 40 year history, of not pulling the trigger.    Memes a plenty about the shit that happened to CM Punk with the Rock and now happening all over again should tell you that you relying on the Fed to tell a complete story despite a demonstrated inability to do so.   

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2103 on: February 06, 2024, 06:31:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

You’re not a mark, you’re just one of the “let the story play out” people that get mocked after shit like Brock squashing Kofi or other short-sighted shit the Fed does

Predictable isn’t bad.   An ending should be predictable if you’ve told the story correctly.   Not everything needs a swoop or twist and judging by the fans last year and this year, people are fucking ready for Cody to win.   But the Fed loves a “moment” more than anything else.

If Cody learned anything from his father, people get fucking sick of a Dusty Finish/chase after a while and people will lose their faith in this company, with a documented 40 year history, of not pulling the trigger.    Memes a plenty about the shit that happened to CM Punk with the Rock and now happening all over again should tell you that you relying on the Fed to tell a complete story despite a demonstrated inability to do so.

I loved when Kofi got squashed. Never a fan.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2104 on: February 06, 2024, 06:32:50 PM »
And as I predicted, WWE is already owning that this was a move to push Cody as a babyface even more & it’s working. It’s the talk of the town.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2105 on: February 06, 2024, 08:35:02 PM »
And as I predicted, WWE is already owning that this was a move to push Cody as a babyface even more & it’s working. It’s the talk of the town.

Well what else can they do.   Cody was already the top baby face.   By the rationale they needed him to be even more of a face?   That’s just sloppy storytelling bc they’re trying to have their cake and eat it too bc they couldn’t get the Rock a year or so ago when the Head of the Table Samoan thing was still going on and would have actually made sense.   

Roman isn’t dropping it until he beats Hogans record, so it’s all meaningless until that happens. 

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -221
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2106 on: February 06, 2024, 08:40:00 PM »
I’m tempted to go to Wale’s Walemania thing before actual Wrestlemania. I’ve got a ticket for both nights now too.

Really hoping for a surprise forbidden door moment or two, and I could see it happening.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2107 on: February 08, 2024, 12:58:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Well what else can they do.   Cody was already the top baby face.   By the rationale they needed him to be even more of a face?   That’s just sloppy storytelling bc they’re trying to have their cake and eat it too bc they couldn’t get the Rock a year or so ago when the Head of the Table Samoan thing was still going on and would have actually made sense.   

Roman isn’t dropping it until he beats Hogans record, so it’s all meaningless until that happens.

Again, I think if it happened last year it would have been really lackluster. Cody continues to be the guy & can only get bigger. Why not run with it? Plus a heel Rock? Makes things interesting & plays into this whole idea that Roman may be a baby face. Do you like long story lines or ones that are straightforward as you strike me as someone who just likes fast, no real storyline wrestling with gimmicks & old wrestlers hanging on for dear life. To an extent I see what you’re saying but The Rock VS Reigns now means more because it’s involved in what’s going on instead of a random, one time thing. And it’s got people talking so it’s gaining momentum per usual.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 05:54:00 AM by Mr. Kamikazi »

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
    • Community Push avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2108 on: February 08, 2024, 01:00:13 PM »
I could also see Cody winning the Heavyweight championship & eventually the the Universal championship which is supposedly being renamed the WWE championship again. Then it’d go back to 1 title and this would allow Cody to “take everything” from Reigns as per his promo.

Unifying two belts, one of which is already a unification of two belts that they painted themselves so deeply into a corner that that had to make a new belt, then unifying them again would be sloppy.

Clunky idea but what about Cody somehow gets two shots, night 1 against Seth, and loses, making Seth look good along with the belt. Same night is Roman vs. the Rock and Roman wins. Next night is Cody, looking rough and beat down vs. Roman coming off high as hell on beating the Rock, Cody pulls it out and wins, then defends it against Rock at the next PPV.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2109 on: February 08, 2024, 01:15:05 PM »
Expand Quote
I could also see Cody winning the Heavyweight championship & eventually the the Universal championship which is supposedly being renamed the WWE championship again. Then it’d go back to 1 title and this would allow Cody to “take everything” from Reigns as per his promo.
[close]

Unifying two belts, one of which is already a unification of two belts that they painted themselves so deeply into a corner that that had to make a new belt, then unifying them again would be sloppy.

Clunky idea but what about Cody somehow gets two shots, night 1 against Seth, and loses, making Seth look good along with the belt. Same night is Roman vs. the Rock and Roman wins. Next night is Cody, looking rough and beat down vs. Roman coming off high as hell on beating the Rock, Cody pulls it out and wins, then defends it against Rock at the next PPV.

I think they could justify that if he enters and wins Elimination Chamber.   I just don’t think Dwayne would go for it

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2110 on: February 08, 2024, 01:37:13 PM »
Big Business in Boston is obviously for Sasha Banks/Mercedes, but naming wise, it also makes sense for the Rainmaker to debut

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2111 on: February 08, 2024, 06:57:56 PM »
Well it looks like they are going with Cody vs Roman.   Weird to see WWE listening to the fans, but I guess that really tells you the MacMahons are gone

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2112 on: February 08, 2024, 10:31:53 PM »
Well it looks like they are going with Cody vs Roman.   Weird to see WWE listening to the fans, but I guess that really tells you the MacMahons are gone

So basically it’s gotta be

Night 1: a Samoan interference parade to keep Cody from pinning Roman then when the Rock finally steps in to interfere, he turns on Roman (because Dwayne needs in his heart to be face again) to set Cody up for the pin and the win.   

Then that will re-energize the Head of the Table program for Night 2.   (Summerslam would make more sense bc it’s kind of a lose-lose situation for both.   Rock looks bad losing to a guy who had two matches in a weekend, but also not great beating him either)

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2113 on: February 09, 2024, 06:25:13 AM »
Big Business in Boston is obviously for Sasha Banks/Mercedes, but naming wise, it also makes sense for the Rainmaker to debut

Hopefully it’s just Banks so she can go to AEW & stay put. Never got the excitement around her. Okada, you need to come to the real deal.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 12:49:46 PM by Mr. Kamikazi »

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2114 on: February 10, 2024, 01:42:27 AM »
Well Billy Jack Haynes def wants to be in Darkside of the Ring

SHAQUEEFA

• Rep: 17
« Reply #2115 on: February 10, 2024, 10:19:43 AM »

Yeah I saw that this morning so damn crazy.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2116 on: February 10, 2024, 11:21:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah I saw that this morning so damn crazy.

The only thing anyone remembers him for is his LJN figure. Cowboy hat, underoos, and all. 😂

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2117 on: February 14, 2024, 04:13:53 AM »
NXT again delivers. Bron is a tag champ with Baron Corbin. I like it & hope it just adds to these two getting built up as powerful heels. Bron is easily in my top 5 current favorites.

Word also has it that Okada works for AEW now. Oh well. I guess I’ll have to hope he works enough so I can actually watch AEW.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2118 on: February 22, 2024, 07:08:45 PM »
Anyone watching Elimination Chamber?

Rusty Shackleford

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
  • you know about goretex?
« Reply #2119 on: February 23, 2024, 05:17:50 AM »
I told a buddy back east of finding best of monday nitro vol.1 at the thrift, and he sent me vol.2...damn right I'm making my girl watch DDP vs. hitman 😁

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2120 on: February 23, 2024, 06:14:28 AM »
My local record store got a copy of RF Video ECW November to Remember ‘95 on vhs and I swiped it for $5.

Those November to Remember November Rain music videos were 🔥.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2121 on: February 25, 2024, 06:38:39 PM »
Tiffany Stratton should have won the Elimination Chamber. What a showing. She honestly made everyone in the match look subpar. For her first elimination chamber, she looked like a veteran.

Becky & Rhea at Wrestlemania…..I really hope Lynch doesn’t win…..

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2122 on: February 25, 2024, 08:14:14 PM »
Tiffany Stratton should have won the Elimination Chamber. What a showing. She honestly made everyone in the match look subpar. For her first elimination chamber, she looked like a veteran.

The only physically believable person to beat Rhea is Jade, but Becky should maybe win to at least give Rhea the fight back/chase program.  Becky feels a little bit like yesterday’s news from my removed vantage point and could use some heat

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2123 on: February 26, 2024, 09:22:01 AM »
AEW really named a match “Meat Madness”. ⏸️

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2124 on: February 26, 2024, 09:44:59 AM »

Big E made that humor possible

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2125 on: February 26, 2024, 10:03:59 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

My favorite Big E moment that the stupid crowd ruined.

https://youtu.be/-am1A02pk_w?si=1h5XQBMA4_sG0TAZ

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2126 on: February 26, 2024, 11:50:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

My favorite Big E moment that the stupid crowd ruined.

https://youtu.be/-am1A02pk_w?si=1h5XQBMA4_sG0TAZ

Haha yeah he’s great.   Just needed a better finisher to really cement him as a top card guy.   Big E with Stokely would have been a good team up

But BiG E was the one who would joke how he loves hoss fights bc you get big men slapping meat or whatever so it’s kinda been a fan thing that AEW wisely is running with

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2127 on: February 26, 2024, 02:22:49 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The only physically believable person to beat Rhea is Jade, but Becky should maybe win to at least give Rhea the fight back/chase program.  Becky feels a little bit like yesterday’s news from my removed vantage point and could use some heat

Jade was pulled because of her poor performance at the Rumble which was beyond noticeable.

Tiffany has the fans behind her too. She was the only one the fans were behind at the chamber. She’s over on everyone, even Liv Morgan who continues to codebreaker everyone & keep talking about revenge. Terrible gimmick. Looks like a sad clown in the ring.

I guess you wouldn’t know @Atiba Applebum since you don’t watch NXT but Tiffy gave Becky one hell of a time in the match where she lost (Tiffany dropped it to get bumped to Smackdown). She is fully capable of giving Rhea a run for her money. And I’m a huge Ripley fan.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2128 on: February 26, 2024, 02:49:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Jade was pulled because of her poor performance at the Rumble which was beyond noticeable.

Tiffany has the fans behind her too. She was the only one the fans were behind at the chamber. She’s over on everyone, even Liv Morgan who continues to codebreaker everyone & keep talking about revenge. Terrible gimmick. Looks like a sad clown in the ring.

I guess you wouldn’t know @Atiba Applebum since you don’t watch NXT but Tiffy gave Becky one hell of a time in the match where she lost (Tiffany dropped it to get bumped to Smackdown). She is fully capable of giving Rhea a run for her money. And I’m a huge Ripley fan.

I believe Becky, but I’d need to see her and Rhea toe to toe physically to see.   But I’ve heard good things about Stratton

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2129 on: February 26, 2024, 06:14:23 PM »
Imperium & Judgement day feud looking good. Although I really only would want Finn to dethrone Gunther or Gable which we won’t get. There’s a chance it’ll be Zayne which I’m happy with but a Finn run just makes sense.