Author Topic: Venture 2020  (Read 364410 times)

Esmith5488

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
Re: Venture 2020
« Reply #780 on: June 09, 2020, 08:43:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just set up the 5.6 ti with my cast plates and I noticed the weight difference more than I thought I would. Cast plate ti axel might be the perfect venture, I felt the difference on flip tricks for sure. Very stoked on the combo
[close]

Glad that worked out for you. I got a 5.8 Ti and 5.6 V-Hollow, swapping the baseplates out in future setups.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just set up the 5.6 ti with my cast plates and I noticed the weight difference more than I thought I would. Cast plate ti axel might be the perfect venture, I felt the difference on flip tricks for sure. Very stoked on the combo
[close]

Goddamn it
[close]
Should add it’s on a 8.1 primitive.. just to add to the temptation for you
[close]

What are the dimensions on that 8.1? Primitive locked their website behind a registration wall, I can't access it from overseas.
[close]
Damn that’s whack.
8.1x 31.7x 14.
[close]

Thanks for coming thru!
Last time I checked I thought their 8.1 was long, longer wb.
Oh yeah it was, I was shocked too when the sticker in the shop had those dims. I think it used to be a 14.3 wheelbase or something. The 8 used to be bigger too

spanyard

• Rep: 77
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #781 on: June 09, 2020, 08:44:13 PM »
^unfortunately your gut feeling was right:
 it’s the 8.125 that has the 14 eb. The 8.1 has the 14.25 wb.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #782 on: June 09, 2020, 08:47:44 PM »
Confusion reigns on the primitive stuff. Which is cool cuz I’m confused on whether I should buy one (I hear great things, and they sponsor some of my absolute faves). And they also do the shitty direct thing and shops I buy from, most likely won’t have their boards. But they also seem to be perfect for Ventures, and I like that. But they have some trife graphics. They do sponsor Wade tho.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #783 on: June 09, 2020, 08:52:34 PM »
Confusion reigns on the primitive stuff. Which is cool cuz I’m confused on whether I should buy one (I hear great things, and they sponsor some of my absolute faves). And they also do the shitty direct thing and shops I buy from, most likely won’t have their boards. But they also seem to be perfect for Ventures, and I like that. But they have some trife graphics. They do sponsor Wade tho.
It is SO hard to find a acceptable primitive graphic

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #784 on: June 09, 2020, 09:04:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah I mean, at this point I shouldn’t give a fuck. As long as it doesn’t have racist/sexist/‘phobic/hate shit, or the weird anime sexualized little girl thing, I’m good. I step out of the house and I like silly. I’m over 40. I look bits carrying a skateboard.
I actually have this super sick strangelove board rn, has the us vs them graphic. Rad graphic. Totally has a confederate flag, and a Klan looking character. People aren’t going to read the whole thing. So there I am, the old white guy with the gnarly shit on his board waiting in line.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1964
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #785 on: June 09, 2020, 09:45:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Yeah I mean, at this point I shouldn’t give a fuck. As long as it doesn’t have racist/sexist/‘phobic/hate shit, or the weird anime sexualized little girl thing, I’m good. I step out of the house and I like silly. I’m over 40. I look bits carrying a skateboard.
I actually have this super sick strangelove board rn, has the us vs them graphic. Rad graphic. Totally has a confederate flag, and a Klan looking character. People aren’t going to read the whole thing. So there I am, the old white guy with the gnarly shit on his board waiting in line.

Are you folks state side required to join their mailing list using your mobile number just to enter the site? That shit is wack.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1018
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #786 on: June 09, 2020, 09:50:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I feel you. Over 40 and rolling into venice park with a shiny metallic DBZ McClung board ;) - Having forced myself to ride (2) Trent FuckingMcLung boards (with a tucker of the same shape on ice), that were metallic DBZ boards + and a fucking Naruto Prod deck, I'm over it, slide it off or a quick spray job and you're good. Shapes are too on point to worry about that shit.

No one really gives a shit if you can skate.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 09:42:07 AM by Xen »

spanyard

• Rep: 77
« Reply #787 on: June 09, 2020, 09:53:30 PM »
Yup. Required to sign up with verification code steps and all that BS. And then they monitor your activity/ what you’ve viewed - just got an email from them asking, “was there a problem?” Bc I didn’t add to cart. Wtf

Junglist

« Reply #788 on: June 10, 2020, 12:04:31 AM »
Expand Quote
I love my 5.6 raws so much, probably my favorite truck I’ve skated, but I want something to go with an 8 and to keep it a bit more street than my all around setup. Should I go raw 5.2 lo or 5.2 forged? Personally I don’t care about weight.
[close]
i would say depends on the wheels you run
I would say my wheel choice would depend on which truck I was going to get.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1964
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #789 on: June 10, 2020, 12:39:50 AM »
Yup. Required to sign up with verification code steps and all that BS. And then they monitor your activity/ what you’ve viewed - just got an email from them asking, “was there a problem?” Bc I didn’t add to cart. Wtf

Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #790 on: June 10, 2020, 04:45:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Dude I came super close to picking up that inside job strange love with the bush blow up doll flying into the twin towers. I thought the graphic was amazing but I traveled a lot at the time and just didn’t want to have that in line at tsa.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #791 on: June 10, 2020, 06:04:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
Dude I came super close to picking up that inside job strange love with the bush blow up doll flying into the twin towers. I thought the graphic was amazing but I traveled a lot at the time and just didn’t want to have that in line at tsa.

Strangelove is so sick. My only regret with them is that I don’t buy more of their stuff.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 952
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #792 on: June 10, 2020, 05:47:37 PM »
Tossing up switching from 44's to 5.8s on my new board, AH Brown Bomber 8.8 x 32 x 14.25.

How do you guys find them on transition? Any better or worse than say Indy or Ace? I've been so used to these two brands anything else is a scary change for me

It's going to be drastic change in bowls if you're riding loose Aces.

I prefer the ace in transition for sure.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Juanjo789

« Reply #793 on: June 11, 2020, 06:06:59 AM »
How are 6.1s for bowl skating, Ive heard venture sucks for pool coping

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
« Reply #794 on: June 11, 2020, 11:01:32 AM »
just got a package in the mail of some v lite 5.2’s psyched to try these out later.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

In A Jar

• Rep: 35
    • just say null avatar image
« Reply #795 on: June 11, 2020, 12:47:58 PM »
How are 6.1s for bowl skating, Ive heard venture sucks for pool coping

Ventures are fine on pool coping.  They have a ton of kingpin clearance too. 

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #796 on: June 11, 2020, 01:22:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Tossing up switching from 44's to 5.8s on my new board, AH Brown Bomber 8.8 x 32 x 14.25.

How do you guys find them on transition? Any better or worse than say Indy or Ace? I've been so used to these two brands anything else is a scary change for me
[close]

It's going to be drastic change in bowls if you're riding loose Aces.

I prefer the ace in transition for sure.

ACE>Indy>Theeve are Kings in bowls; Venture/Thunder are different beasts. They work just fine but don't expect your muscle memory to work the same way on the same walls you skated with ACE, you will get thrown :P

I speak from experience in riding my 5.6s in the same bowls I skated (the day after) my ACEs in, things you just 'do' without thinking need a little thinking applied.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
« Reply #797 on: June 11, 2020, 04:39:45 PM »
just got a package in the mail of some v lite 5.2’s psyched to try these out later.

just skated these for 3 hours. really surprised with these. I was apprehensive at first because I’ve never had ventures. I have them factory loose, but I feel the stability. longer wheelbase def threw me off with varial heels and hardflips, but I think these are my new favorite truck.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

shawngreg

• Rep: 63
« Reply #798 on: June 12, 2020, 04:07:12 AM »
i wanted to try riding a longer deck and i’m looking at a Real thats 32.62 long with a 14.6 wb. the length i’m into but the wheelbase sounds insane to me. i’d be running it with cast Ventures. anyone have experience?  i know the trend is shorter wheelbases but just curious

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #799 on: June 12, 2020, 09:45:54 AM »

The website dims are accurate (8.25 and 8.125) but they have an 8.3x that is not listed on the site (8.3x31.9x14.2) and it feels a bit fuller than a previous 8.375 primitive I rode. (stickers on the boards are more accurate than the website).

Industry sizing sucks ballz. Fucking Baker is guilty as well. Their 8.25x31.875 is actually 32" but not according to the sticker.

Also, I think so e-tailers round up on length dims.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 09:49:08 AM by Xen »

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #800 on: June 12, 2020, 10:01:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The website dims are accurate (8.25 and 8.125) but they have an 8.3x that is not listed on the site (8.3x31.9x14.2) and it feels a bit fuller than a previous 8.375 primitive I rode. (stickers on the boards are more accurate than the website).

Industry sizing sucks ballz. Fucking Baker is guilty as well. Their 8.25x31.875 is actually 32" but not according to the sticker.

Expand Quote
[close]

Thanks! I’ll just bug you and esmith if I decide to go primitive. The primitive team is pretty heavy venture, makes sense it’d combo up well. My next boards are doa. If I get a flat I’ll go venture, if I get a steep I’ll go ace. Or something.
I set up an old FA board I haven’t really gotten into. It’s 8.38, 14.12, sub 32”. Little wide for me. It’s square and steep. Put it on 5.8s and 52s. Maybe a finger of flat. Looked like i had never kickflipped before/I was 10 trying to kickflip a board with no/little kicknose and 159s. My attempts were so stunningly rocketed. Treflips flipped perfect. Best feeling ollies I’ve had in months. Wtf. Should have gotten 5.6s, have 5.8s and 5.2s. Whatever.

sadnocomply

• Rep: 148
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #801 on: June 12, 2020, 11:18:01 AM »
Someone asked a while back but what the hell is up with DLX clothing sizing? I have a cotton/poly blend venture shirt that fits on me like jereme rogers circa 2009 size large. But when I get a medium that’s 100% cotton, I look like fucking duffel after 1 wash. Guess I gotta go 100% cotton larges from here on out. Venture shirts and hoodies looks so sick but damn I need a try before you buy lol

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #802 on: June 12, 2020, 12:05:54 PM »
Someone asked a while back but what the hell is up with DLX clothing sizing? I have a cotton/poly blend venture shirt that fits on me like jereme rogers circa 2009 size large. But when I get a medium that’s 100% cotton, I look like fucking duffel after 1 wash. Guess I gotta go 100% cotton larges from here on out. Venture shirts and hoodies looks so sick but damn I need a try before you buy lol

Ventures work great on flat kick with short WB (so yes, Primitive is a perfect match). I'm throwing my ventures on a Polar (14.125" WB) no idea how the kicks/concave are on polars as it's my first one.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #803 on: June 12, 2020, 12:22:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Ventures work great on flat kick with short WB (so yes, Primitive is a perfect match). I'm throwing my ventures on a Polar (14.125" WB) no idea how the kicks/concave are on polars as it's my first one.

I really liked the polar boards I had (first few years), kinda went away from them, not sure why. Loved the graphics from Jacob. Their 8, and 8.125 + 139s were great for treflips for me, but I think I was really trying to get to 149s to be cool.
I’ve been curious as to how your setup is gonna play, seems like polar team is mostly Indy, some ace, and Herrington does thunder. Wondering how the wheel wells will match up. The board is really sick looking, and I’m sure you’ve got some Indy/ace in your parts bin.

If anyone knows what board @Romliss rides get at me. It looks like it is super flat, with long/mellow tail and nose. Looks great.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 521
« Reply #804 on: June 12, 2020, 12:32:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Have you tried ventures with forged plates on primtive 8.25 or 8.38? I'm thinking about trying one of those shapes or the polar 8.25 shape just to switch it up a lil but a true 14 inch wheelbase scares me lol. How full are the kicks on primitives?

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #805 on: June 12, 2020, 01:12:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I really liked the polar boards I had (first few years), kinda went away from them, not sure why. Loved the graphics from Jacob. Their 8, and 8.125 + 139s were great for treflips for me, but I think I was really trying to get to 149s to be cool.
I’ve been curious as to how your setup is gonna play, seems like polar team is mostly Indy, some ace, and Herrington does thunder. Wondering how the wheel wells will match up. The board is really sick looking, and I’m sure you’ve got some Indy/ace in your parts bin.

If anyone knows what board @Romliss rides get at me. It looks like it is super flat, with long/mellow tail and nose. Looks great.

I've some 44s and MLs (I'm a fan) I could use, no indys smaller than 159s, theeve tikings at 8.18" might do the trick.

But I'm really feeling Venture/Thunder of late after riding Tensors @55mm, I just prefer a lower truck 53mm max it seems (so theeve, venture, thunder and ML/ACE all fit the bill). Need to see if the kicks are steep/mellow fingers of flat, etc.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 01:14:29 PM by Xen »

sammyz

• Rep: 82
« Reply #806 on: June 13, 2020, 02:01:33 AM »
Looking for thoughts on this...im thinking of switching from Indy 159’s to ventures.

I usually ride around 9” deck, shaped, 32 long and about a 14.25-14.5wb. Either AntiHero or Black Label decks.

I ride street...ledges and flat ground...sometimes ill ride a half pipe.

What kind of differences should i be expecting by switching? Is it gonna take more effort to pop? Am i gonna get more pop? Do they grind well?

Has anyone tried the bigger ventures? Most people seem to be riding smaller ones...any feedback would be cool

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #807 on: June 13, 2020, 06:53:52 AM »
Has anyone tried the bigger ventures? Most people seem to be riding smaller ones...any feedback would be cool
I'm currently skating the 6.1 on a 9.125 and they feel like a dream. Probably my favorite truck ever.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #808 on: June 13, 2020, 09:15:40 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I'm currently skating the 6.1 on a 9.125 and they feel like a dream. Probably my favorite truck ever.
yep. Stock everything ? Mine are squeeking badly, I wanna try riptide pivot cups. Amazon?

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #809 on: June 13, 2020, 09:35:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
yep. Stock everything ? Mine are squeeking badly, I wanna try riptide pivot cups. Amazon?
Your on the east coast right? Might just be worth grabbing from warehouse skate. I think the amazon ones ship from Michigan vs warehouse being in NC