Author Topic: Friend Ship needs your help  (Read 33457 times)

Monkey_Mcpott

Re: Friend Ship needs your help
« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2018, 05:06:04 PM »
Also who films their camera gear purposely before filming a trick?

Kill_Yourself_Now

« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2018, 05:18:40 PM »
A guy trying to validate that he actually has something just before it magically disappears so he can beg for money to replace it, right before it magically turns back up again.

I bet that camera has more IG fans than I do now.  Filming your filming equipment is so hot these days.

HotnSpicyMcChicken

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -42
« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2018, 06:04:35 PM »
ive never left my camera gear anywhere by accident ever and i smoke a lot of weed.

you dont just misplace gear that cost thousands, especially in a big ass case like that. this dude is either the biggest idiot ever or full of shit.

This x 1,000

It just doesn't add up.

SIMPLY

• Rep: 32
« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2018, 06:52:24 PM »

Okay this post fully solidifies that this was a scam. What the fuck???

clientnt

• Rep: 1
« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2018, 07:00:09 PM »
Shit in your hand and give yourself a slap.

boogs

« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2018, 07:03:41 PM »
Expand Quote
something about this company always rubbed me the wrong way.  feels like "True Love Collective" 2.0
[close]
As someone that was involved with True Love Collective all I have to say is “ouch”. TLC and the guy that owned it did some really shady shit. You also have to be a real blockhead to leave your camera gear in that parking lot unattended
is this the same true love that todd bratrud is associated with?

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
  • the moon rules
« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2018, 07:28:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
something about this company always rubbed me the wrong way.  feels like "True Love Collective" 2.0
[close]
As someone that was involved with True Love Collective all I have to say is “ouch”. TLC and the guy that owned it did some really shady shit. You also have to be a real blockhead to leave your camera gear in that parking lot unattended
[close]
is this the same true love that todd bratrud is associated with?
Yeah same company. He was fucked over too. Lots of people were scammed; lots of shops scammed, team riders scammed, artists scammed, breast cancer awareness charity scammed, etc.
fuck you bama

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2270
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #67 on: December 11, 2018, 07:50:16 PM »
Wow,what a friend,stabbing us in the back

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 687
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #68 on: December 11, 2018, 08:33:15 PM »
Super sketchy. Somebody out this guy.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

kid casserole

• Rep: 6
« Reply #69 on: December 11, 2018, 08:47:46 PM »
is this daewon's new company?

ungzilla

« Reply #70 on: December 11, 2018, 09:14:45 PM »
is this daewon's new company?

no his gofundme will be for raising money to replace girls' panties that may have been raided

verylowimpact

• Rep: -169
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #71 on: December 11, 2018, 10:00:39 PM »
Gallant backs this guy...no? Wouldn't say he's the best judge of character, being involved with that sketchy Troy Expedition dude and all, and didn't that dude that did the great Kramer skit also have a connection to this company? I definitely back that dude. Weird they are all down for this dude, he sounds like a sketchy kook.

Also, that Chris Pastras curb crew are the worst bunch of clueless goofballs. Makes me not want to skate curbs.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #72 on: December 12, 2018, 12:29:31 AM »
removed?
what was the posting?

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
  • Free Max B
« Reply #73 on: December 12, 2018, 03:48:59 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Okay this post fully solidifies that this was a scam. What the fuck???

damn that motherfucker really wrote footi.

I still have no idea what this company is but they are easily my least favorite company of all time.

I hope all the bad things on earth happen to them and only them.

Free max b
FREE MAX B

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #74 on: December 12, 2018, 04:14:26 AM »
 Can you idiots post screenshots of post that are undoubtedly going to be taken down instead of the links that go dead when they’re taken down?

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 79
« Reply #75 on: December 12, 2018, 04:27:29 AM »
Not that I want to defend these guys but if this was a scam why would they let everyone know they got their cameras back? If they were trying to scam followers out of $4,500, they could've just not let anyone know they found the camera and pretend they bought a new one.

Uknowmyinsta

• Rep: -384
  • Your brain has no facts.
« Reply #76 on: December 12, 2018, 04:34:17 AM »

Garfield fucking sucks.

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #77 on: December 12, 2018, 04:43:53 AM »
wait,

they literally filmed the camera bag the day it was jacked.... ???...yah someone out these scammers.

finecojeffe

• Rep: 128
    • Fine-Co avatar image
« Reply #78 on: December 12, 2018, 05:30:54 AM »
just came here to say that Abe is a really good dude, I can't imagine he'd be into scamming anyone ever. No clue about the friendship owner though, just Abe.

i used to skate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -27
« Reply #79 on: December 12, 2018, 07:23:03 AM »
filming the gear beforehand is a little weird... but would be a pretty elaborate scheme just to get a 10-day loan for $1000.  if that really was the case, why not wait until the amount got closer to the 4k amount?

and for those saying he won't pay back the money, that just seems like a bad business move to alienate your supporters/customers. even if he is shady, I doubt he would jeopardize his .whole company just for a $1000 payout.

Nate.Dog

• Rep: -9
« Reply #80 on: December 12, 2018, 07:36:54 AM »
filming the gear beforehand is a little weird... but would be a pretty elaborate scheme just to get a 10-day loan for $1000.  if that really was the case, why not wait until the amount got closer to the 4k amount?

and for those saying he won't pay back the money, that just seems like a bad business move to alienate your supporters/customers. even if he is shady, I doubt he would jeopardize his .whole company just for a $1000 payout.

But it also says he withdrew the funds. Why the fuck would he withdraw 1000 worth of funds if he needed 4X that or more for the cameras? Why not just outright return them after your fucking cameras show back up. This whole thing seems jacked.

emchen

• Rep: 20
« Reply #81 on: December 12, 2018, 07:55:29 AM »
Even if we give this dude the benefit of the doubt that he's not a scammer, this saga is still evidence of fucking abysmal decision-making skills from an adult.

Would not want someone like this to have any say whatsoever in running a board brand.

Huff Gas

• Rep: 15
« Reply #82 on: December 12, 2018, 08:10:51 AM »

Garfield fucking sucks.

What the fuck did you just say
I love Reynolds whole foot in the man, gaystyle.

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #83 on: December 12, 2018, 08:39:38 AM »
Expand Quote

Garfield fucking sucks.
[close]

What the fuck did you just say
haha
Garfield is dope...Heathcliff is poosey.

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #84 on: December 12, 2018, 09:22:24 AM »
Apparently Tim needs those cameras for his full time job filming at the berrics as well. Weird situation all around.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 428
« Reply #85 on: December 12, 2018, 09:39:43 AM »
The thing that I never understand about these GoFundMe's are, if you're so desperate for that cash, why don't you ask a friend or family member to give you a part time loan? Is there really not one person in your life that trusts you who could give you a grand and then you slowly pay them back over time? Obviously everyone has different relationships with their family or friends and they all have different financial situations, but I find it hard to believe that there's not one person who would be more than happy to help you out in a tough situation. The fact that GoFundMe's have become the norm for shitty situations that happen in life is embarrassing.

Irvine-Sucks.com

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2267
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #86 on: December 12, 2018, 09:40:43 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

But it also says he withdrew the funds. Why the fuck would he withdraw 1000 worth of funds if he needed 4X that or more for the cameras? Why not just outright return them after your fucking cameras show back up. This whole thing seems jacked.

When you set up a GoFundMe you have the option of manual withdrawals or automatic scheduled withdrawals. I'm guessing that's what's up here. I'm not into Simpsons And Garfield SkateboardsTM and a GoFundMe for something you fucking lost is super lame, but I really don't think this is a money making (or loaning) scam.

Tally810

• Rep: -9
« Reply #87 on: December 12, 2018, 10:00:17 AM »
The thing that I never understand about these GoFundMe's are, if you're so desperate for that cash, why don't you ask a friend or family member to give you a part time loan? Is there really not one person in your life that trusts you who could give you a grand and then you slowly pay them back over time? Obviously everyone has different relationships with their family or friends and they all have different financial situations, but I find it hard to believe that there's not one person who would be more than happy to help you out in a tough situation. The fact that GoFundMe's have become the norm for shitty situations that happen in life is embarrassing.
Well the difference is that you don't have to pay the person back

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #88 on: December 12, 2018, 10:09:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

When you set up a GoFundMe you have the option of manual withdrawals or automatic scheduled withdrawals. I'm guessing that's what's up here. I'm not into Simpsons And Garfield SkateboardsTM and a GoFundMe for something you fucking lost is super lame, but I really don't think this is a money making (or loaning) scam.

automatic scheduled withdrawals definitely wouldn't start an hour after the campaign is started.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 428
« Reply #89 on: December 12, 2018, 10:28:27 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Well the difference is that you don't have to pay the person back

Yea, I guess I'm assuming they're a decent person not looking for a free handout.

Irvine-Sucks.com