Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 237100 times)

Pastasash

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 76
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #2490 on: June 27, 2023, 07:16:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Anyone have recommendations for a not too baggy pair of black cargo pants that don’t lose its color/fade too bad overtime with washes?
[close]

RothCo
https://www.rothco.com/product/rothco-bdu-pants

Kinda what I was referring to as far as pants that fade pretty badly. My local used rothco for their cargos and all em lost their color pretty quick.

BL0B

• Rep: 417
« Reply #2491 on: June 27, 2023, 07:36:40 PM »
how often are you washing pants?

Pastasash

« Reply #2492 on: June 27, 2023, 08:08:32 PM »

As often as I skate so 3x a week. Man’s just trying to see if any companies have made a good material pant that can hold its color decently well. My surf pants for example have lasted pretty long

BL0B

« Reply #2493 on: June 27, 2023, 09:20:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

As often as I skate so 3x a week. Man’s just trying to see if any companies have made a good material pant that can hold its color decently well. My surf pants for example have lasted pretty long

hear me out, don't wash your pants as much? shirts, socks, underwear, hell yeah! wash them shits every time you wear them!

pants, sweaters, jackets don't really need to be washed every time you wear them unless you get shit on them.

pops

• Rep: 255
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2494 on: June 27, 2023, 09:30:52 PM »
Dickies 873/874 flex fit the same in waist?

Southernmost

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 133
« Reply #2495 on: June 27, 2023, 10:34:44 PM »
Pants madness.

I’m looking for some really dark indigo jeans with a relaxed to loose fit. Like the rigid unwashed or raw ingido denim.

I got some RVCA jeans that did mostly fit those criteria and were great for a week but they turned into skinny jeans after one wash.

I’m not opposed to getting Levi’s in a larger than normal size but I can never find 505’s in dark indigo or shrink-to-fit. Plus Levi’s quality/consistency leaves something to be desired IME.

Not looking for Polar Big Boys baggy or even 93’s or low rise or sits-below-the-waist type of things either.

I’ve kind of got that thiccness in the thigh/butt region y’know and the pants madness has been a struggle lately.

Any suggestions for a nice quality dark indigo denim with a relaxed to loose fit? 550’s? Doesn’t need to be a budget option.

Thanks.

I like 550’s. I usually size up 1-2 sizes. Macys or Levi’s outlet if you have those in your area. If you’re not opposed to pre owned I usually pick them up at thrift stores. My area has tons of good thrifts though. eBay or Poshmark should have a bunch for fair prices. If you can get a pair that’s made in USA or Mexico. They’re gonna be vintage or close to it, usually a much better quality and fit compared to the modern stuff.

fernando the skater

• Rep: 120
« Reply #2496 on: June 28, 2023, 01:17:15 AM »
Expand Quote

These look pretty good. How’s the fit & sizing? Do you have for example Polar 93s to compare them to.

No, don't have any Polar to compare, sorry. But my Edwins fit true to size for me.

Pastasash

« Reply #2497 on: June 28, 2023, 05:25:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

hear me out, don't wash your pants as much? shirts, socks, underwear, hell yeah! wash them shits every time you wear them!

pants, sweaters, jackets don't really need to be washed every time you wear them unless you get shit on them.

Pretty bad advice for people who also get sweaty below the waist. Was hoping for real pants recommendations like this thread is for, not your unhygienic opinion on laundry.

Thank u  :)

turdtastic

• Rep: 59
« Reply #2498 on: June 28, 2023, 06:21:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Pants madness.

I’m looking for some really dark indigo jeans with a relaxed to loose fit. Like the rigid unwashed or raw ingido denim.

I got some RVCA jeans that did mostly fit those criteria and were great for a week but they turned into skinny jeans after one wash.

I’m not opposed to getting Levi’s in a larger than normal size but I can never find 505’s in dark indigo or shrink-to-fit. Plus Levi’s quality/consistency leaves something to be desired IME.

Not looking for Polar Big Boys baggy or even 93’s or low rise or sits-below-the-waist type of things either.

I’ve kind of got that thiccness in the thigh/butt region y’know and the pants madness has been a struggle lately.

Any suggestions for a nice quality dark indigo denim with a relaxed to loose fit? 550’s? Doesn’t need to be a budget option.

Thanks.
[close]

I like 550’s. I usually size up 1-2 sizes. Macys or Levi’s outlet if you have those in your area. If you’re not opposed to pre owned I usually pick them up at thrift stores. My area has tons of good thrifts though. eBay or Poshmark should have a bunch for fair prices. If you can get a pair that’s made in USA or Mexico. They’re gonna be vintage or close to it, usually a much better quality and fit compared to the modern stuff.
I don’t own any, but the Quasi pants look to measure in the realm of 550s, maybe check them out…

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #2499 on: June 28, 2023, 06:28:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Pants madness.

Thanks.
[close]

found an old pair from 30 ish years ago at a relatives, skated them last night. the pants are a size up, and the fit is really comfortable. feels kinda weird wearing them, it’s what i wore 25-30 years ago, and now cool younger people have made it interesting, so i’m wearing my own old clothing, to kinda look like younger folks. weird.
looked better with half-cabs, but not terrible with dunks. fun to skate in.

@Pastasash the advice to not wash your outerwear, after every use, is very solid.
the rituals pastasash performs to feel ‘cleanliness’, aint all that (the water waste, introducing more chemicals to your skinsuit, and absolutely severely shortening the lifespan of your clothing).

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #2500 on: June 28, 2023, 06:53:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Pretty bad advice for people who also get sweaty below the waist. Was hoping for real pants recommendations like this thread is for, not your unhygienic opinion on laundry.

Thank u  :)

Have you tried just putting them in a bag in the freezer? It works.

Pastasash

« Reply #2501 on: June 28, 2023, 07:40:04 AM »
So it's ok to wash a shirt, socks, and underwear every time they get worn/sweaty, but I can't wash my pants every time they get sweaty?

You guys are focusing too much on my personal laundry preferences. I'm sure someone out there has a pair of black cargos that have held their color up over the years regardless of how often/little they wash their pants, and that's all I wanted to know.

If you can't give me that info then just ignore my question, or open a thread bashing me/people who do laundry idc, ffs.

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1971
« Reply #2502 on: June 28, 2023, 07:54:58 AM »
Do you only skate in one pair of pants? 3 times a week a lot to wash any garment

Pastasash

« Reply #2503 on: June 28, 2023, 08:05:20 AM »
Know what, forget I asked for anything lol. Did not expect to blow up your guys’ mind on a strangers laundry routine.

HAGS ✌🏽

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #2504 on: June 28, 2023, 08:07:12 AM »
I also don't think you need to wash your pants that much, but maybe you could just get 2 or 3 pairs of the same ones and rotate them so they last longer? Or if you have a pair that you like but the colour has faded, just re-dye them black?

If you're absolutely set on only skating in one pair of pants, and they have to be black, and they can't be faded, AND they have to get washed 3x a week without losing their colour; maybe consider some kind of nylon swishy type pants? Any kind of cotton/twill is going to lose its colour going through the washing machine that much, but polyester or whatever will hold it longer.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2505 on: June 28, 2023, 08:23:27 AM »
Know what, forget I asked for anything lol. Did not expect to blow up your guys’ mind on a strangers laundry routine.

HAGS ✌🏽

You're the one who made a pissy response and insulted someone about it. Don't pretend we're the unreasonable ones here.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2023, 08:51:54 AM by pizzafliptofakie »

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #2506 on: June 28, 2023, 09:03:50 AM »
Slap on dirty jeans confirmed.

Pastasash

« Reply #2507 on: June 28, 2023, 09:24:03 AM »
Expand Quote

HAGS ✌🏽
[close]

You're the one who made a pissy response and insulted someone about it. Don't pretend we're the unreasonable ones here.

Ok ok I apologize for the rude responses. Came back to waive the white flag and share a laugh on the Always Sunny reference.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2508 on: June 28, 2023, 09:32:00 AM »

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1076
« Reply #2509 on: June 28, 2023, 09:35:09 AM »
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

E

• Rep: 11
« Reply #2510 on: June 28, 2023, 11:37:33 AM »
Looks like Crail has entered the chat:

https://crailstore.com/collections/everything/#filter:tag=new-pants

Tempted by the jeans but don't wanna spend $100 without knowing how they fit.

Snappyfingers

• Rep: 41
  • AW YEAH
« Reply #2511 on: June 28, 2023, 03:05:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anyone have recommendations for a not too baggy pair of black cargo pants that don’t lose its color/fade too bad overtime with washes?
[close]

RothCo
[close]

Kinda what I was referring to as far as pants that fade pretty badly. My local used rothco for their cargos and all em lost their color pretty quick.

My black RothCos have barely faded and they are several years old.
AW YEAH

Crabby_Bastard

• Rep: 55
« Reply #2512 on: June 28, 2023, 03:29:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

RothCo

This! Plus, wash them inside out.
How much for an order of ribs?

BL0B

« Reply #2513 on: June 28, 2023, 04:13:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

RothCo
[close]

This! Plus, wash them inside out.

yes^

@Pastasash  no one wants you to go full on Evan Smith & Figgy pants, just wash them less. you'll find more people don't wash pants every wear than do. if you're getting Gershon and Joslin ass sweaty maybe you gotta wash them every go, idk?

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #2514 on: June 28, 2023, 06:01:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

RothCo
[close]

[close]

My black RothCos have barely faded and they are several years old.

wow send them to a lab and have them studied then because thats a rare pair

also, there's no shame in washing whatever garments you wear to do sports/athletic activities in more often than your normal clothes

also also, could just re-dye them

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #2515 on: June 28, 2023, 06:15:00 PM »
For washing black clothes I’d recommend a detergent made for black clothes specifically. I personally use Perlana. Not sure where that is available but it keeps my blacks blacker way longer than normal detergent. Recently I’ve started to dig more faded blacks though so maybe I should switch it up.

gearcrisis

« Reply #2516 on: June 28, 2023, 06:36:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Pants madness.

Thanks.
[close]

[close]
I don’t own any, but the Quasi pants look to measure in the realm of 550s, maybe check them out…

i heard Quasi 101 jeans are solid.

550 might be your best bet. just dont get 560s because Polar 93s are literally 560 clones lol. my 28 waist 93s fit exact to a 30 560

but i feel the pants madness , ur not alone. i just sized down to 93s 28/30 (im 30 waist) after wearing 32 in silvertabs, and S-M in big boys for years. Jesus fuck, feels like im wearing skinnys but i know its a better look for me  :o

gearcrisis

« Reply #2517 on: June 28, 2023, 06:40:02 PM »
For washing black clothes I’d recommend a detergent made for black clothes specifically. I personally use Perlana. Not sure where that is available but it keeps my blacks blacker way longer than normal detergent. Recently I’ve started to dig more faded blacks though so maybe I should switch it up.

RIT back to black dye kit works wonders on cotton garments

Mongo Lloyd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 167
« Reply #2518 on: June 28, 2023, 06:48:19 PM »
No way I can forgo washing any article of clothing after a skate. My sweat is rank and sour AF.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #2519 on: June 28, 2023, 07:09:06 PM »
Just don’t use a dryer and wash cold