Author Topic: Twin tail  (Read 110642 times)

OhioGuy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 46
Re: Twin tail
« Reply #1440 on: January 09, 2024, 03:18:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The new Ishod series is out, including the 8.75".
[close]
Where?
[close]

Tactics has them up.

No pics on the listing, but you don't need a pic when you know it is a twin.

https://www.tactics.com/real/ishod-cat-scratch-875-twin-tail-shape-skateboard-deck

SPECS
SIZE   8.75
LENGTH (IN):   32.61
WHEELBASE (IN):   14.68
NOSE (IN):   6.8
TAIL (IN):   6.8
[close]
$76!? Damn, prices keep going up. Feel like they were $65 last year.
[close]

They've gone up in price almost $7.50 year.

(priced from tactics; I didn't pay full price last year, got it for $66 but still)

2020 Krooked twin slick was $59.99
2023 Krooked twin slick was $82.95

Did DLX go to china to save us a few bucks? At this point only Crail is giving decent prices these days for MIC
decks.
I'm glad I still have two Welcome TTs (that will probably never come back, I think they'll stick with eggs and popsicles). Seems like the market is changing. Higher prices, less shapes, etc.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1033
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #1441 on: January 09, 2024, 05:11:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Where?
[close]

Tactics has them up.

https://www.tactics.com/real/ishod-cat-scratch-875-twin-tail-shape-skateboard-deck

SPECS
SIZE   8.75
[close]
[close]

(priced from tactics; I didn't pay full price last year, got it for $66 but still)

Did DLX go to china to save us a few bucks? At this point only Crail is giving decent prices these days for MIC
decks.
[close]
I'm glad I still have two Welcome TTs (that will probably never come back, I think they'll stick with eggs and popsicles). Seems like the market is changing. Higher prices, less shapes, etc.

Egg trend > Twin Tail trend for sure...

I'm all in on the toy machine twin but I don't expect that to stay around for very long as it felt like a very limited/small run as it is already hard to get (snagged the last 8.5" from tactics today); hopefully they get re-orders for as fast at it sold.

DLX make twins in dims I don't prefer and given what is out there, consistently - I might have to force myself on the G096 with some ventures and just suck up the short WB...14.25"WB with Indys is damn near a 14"WB with ventures.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1980
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1442 on: January 09, 2024, 05:25:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Where?
[close]

Tactics has them up.

SPECS
SIZE   8.75
[close]
[close]

decks.
[close]

Crail used to... New boards are now $70 and $80 on their website.
[close]

All board co's seem to have high prices on their website, but when you go to some online retailers, the prices are lower than MSRP (Baker/DW do this was as well)..

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/search-skate.html?start=0&count=30&searchtext=girl

$60 girl decks @ SW - including the recent Sanrio collab drop

Now we wait for their monthly / quarterly 25-30% off sale.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 629
« Reply #1443 on: January 09, 2024, 05:34:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Where?
[close]

Tactics has them up.

SPECS
SIZE   8.75
[close]
[close]

decks.
[close]
[close]

I'm all in on the toy machine twin but I don't expect that to stay around for very long as it felt like a very limited/small run as it is already hard to get (snagged the last 8.5" from tactics today); hopefully they get re-orders for as fast at it sold.

DLX make twins in dims I don't prefer and given what is out there, consistently - I might have to force myself on the G096 with some ventures and just suck up the short WB...14.25"WB with Indys is damn near a 14"WB with ventures.
Same here, gonna try to make the crail twins work after years of skating the ishods. Until some company regularly releases 14.25" twins that aren't stupidly overpriced...
I think I'd love the crail twins a lot more if the tails would taper more. Don't really like the scoop.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1444 on: January 09, 2024, 08:48:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Where?
[close]

Tactics has them up.

SPECS
SIZE   8.75
[close]
[close]

decks.
[close]
[close]

[close]
Same here, gonna try to make the crail twins work after years of skating the ishods. Until some company regularly releases 14.25" twins that aren't stupidly overpriced...
I think I'd love the crail twins a lot more if the tails would taper more. Don't really like the scoop.

Was able to check out the 8.25 crail twin in person, I like the kicks, very full and that's def more my style than the bbs twins.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1445 on: January 09, 2024, 09:37:05 PM »
All this Crail talk has me itching to try the G096 shape, I've adapted to the Habitat 8.38 twins but you definitely feel the length and got me thinking about riding something closer to a 32".
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1446 on: January 09, 2024, 10:21:28 PM »
I want too as well, but if I can find any twin with a 14.25” I’d skate that before a 14”…if I can’t scrounge up more Twin Toys I’ll bite on the G096.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1447 on: January 10, 2024, 04:02:15 AM »
I don't get it. I totally thought the time of twins has come and there won't be a drought for a long time. And ok, it's not really a drought, I'm just sick of skating twins with a wheelbase that's too long (DLX) or too short (Crail). And those are the only ones available.

Is it not financially worth it to make twins? How could that be? Are woodshops not offering any twin shapes and companies need to pay extra for new special molds? I wish every damn company would hop on the twin train.

And how does nobody (At least in europe and under 100€) offer a twin with the most basic dimensions? Is 14.25" not the most common wheelbase anymore? I'd totally buy the toy machine even though it looks way too flat for my liking.

Honestly I wish Jart would start making twins. Would probably make it a 14.2 wb and super cheap. I'd get it with any stupid graphic of any character smoking weed, don't care.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1448 on: January 10, 2024, 04:08:09 AM »

Honestly I wish Jart would start making twins. Would probably make it a 14.2 wb and super cheap. I'd get it with any stupid graphic of any character smoking weed, don't care.
You are a bold one.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 710
« Reply #1449 on: January 10, 2024, 05:32:52 AM »
I don't get it. I totally thought the time of twins has come and there won't be a drought for a long time. And ok, it's not really a drought, I'm just sick of skating twins with a wheelbase that's too long (DLX) or too short (Crail). And those are the only ones available.

Is it not financially worth it to make twins? How could that be? Are woodshops not offering any twin shapes and companies need to pay extra for new special molds? I wish every damn company would hop on the twin train.

And how does nobody (At least in europe and under 100€) offer a twin with the most basic dimensions? Is 14.25" not the most common wheelbase anymore? I'd totally buy the toy machine even though it looks way too flat for my liking.

https://firstskateshop.com/en-eu/collections/superply/products/twin-tail-blank-deck
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1450 on: January 10, 2024, 09:55:42 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
https://firstskateshop.com/en-eu/collections/superply/products/twin-tail-blank-deck
I've skated two of those, same long wheelbase as the dlx twins. And I don't like the mellow tails either, the decks feel dead from the start. But they stay consistently dead feeling for the life of the deck, whatever that means...

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1451 on: January 10, 2024, 10:45:48 AM »

Having ridden the symmetrical wave, what 10+ years ago (mystery, creature and plan b come to mind)? I figured this one, too, would pass.

If there are not enough riders asking for them and not enough selling through retail/market demand (which obviously they are selling) they're not gonna press them; If you have to get your slot at the woodshop you press the big sellers...welcome clearly slotted popsicles and eggs over twins the last two drops...

It's pretty clear crail is the only consistent group committed as we get them every drop...just scratch off maltos name ;)

Pics are up

Says twin but the dims listed say otherwise
https://www.tactics.com/anti-hero/gerwer-grimple-asphalt-animals-100-twin-nose-shape-wheel-wells/black
« Last Edit: January 15, 2024, 03:44:20 PM by Xen »

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 710
« Reply #1452 on: January 10, 2024, 10:57:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
I've skated two of those, same long wheelbase as the dlx twins. And I don't like the mellow tails either, the decks feel dead from the start. But they stay consistently dead feeling for the life of the deck, whatever that means...

Sorry to hear that, I ride the 8.38 and rather like it. Might cop another one.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1453 on: January 10, 2024, 11:00:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]

Sorry to hear that, I ride the 8.38 and rather like it. Might cop another one.
Just remembered, I rode the 8.38 as well and it felt kind of weird/inconsistent. When I measured it, both kicks weren't actually the same length. Like 0.1-0.2" difference. But at least the kick angles were the same at 19°.
Then I started always skating the smaller kick as the tail and lost the whole point of skating a twin. That's the main reason I won't get these again

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1454 on: January 10, 2024, 06:28:48 PM »
Taking the plunge with a Crail 8.25 since they were the only one in stock at the moment, time to break out the Venture 5.6.

Glider and Control do twin shapes but they aren't mass produced, I rode a few Control twin nose samples and they felt middle of the road, didn't have the snap of a BBS nor the stiffness of a DSM. It was a shame because the dimensions on paper sounded appealing (8.5 x 32 x 14.25) but something about the tips felts shorter than I liked, maybe it was too boxy.

Glider still does twin tails I think his decks are from China. The dimensions are closer to Ishod's twin tail which I'm not a fan of.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1455 on: January 10, 2024, 07:31:30 PM »
Taking the plunge with a Crail 8.25 since they were the only one in stock at the moment, time to break out the Venture 5.6.

Glider and Control do twin shapes but they aren't mass produced, I rode a few Control twin nose samples and they felt middle of the road, didn't have the snap of a BBS nor the stiffness of a DSM. It was a shame because the dimensions on paper sounded appealing (8.5 x 32 x 14.25) but something about the tips felts shorter than I liked, maybe it was too boxy.

Glider still does twin tails I think his decks are from China. The dimensions are closer to Ishod's twin tail which I'm not a fan of.

I almost did the same thing today (the 8.25 mcrank is sitting in a cart as you read this) and I've got the 5.6 (forged push out more than cast right?) and forged/cast plates ready to go.

Micki Free

• Rep: 6
« Reply #1456 on: January 10, 2024, 08:19:38 PM »
Werent the foy twins 14.25 wheelbase? I rode a neen twin as well before the foy and i liked that one too i cant remember the dimensions though.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1457 on: January 10, 2024, 09:14:48 PM »
Werent the foy twins 14.25 wheelbase? I rode a neen twin as well before the foy and i liked that one too i cant remember the dimensions though.

Yep both the foy and neen were 14.25 wb (Foy is listed as 14.28 but it isn't); good luck getting them tho, the neen hasn't been available forever (and was really 8.125 not the listed 8.25, I rode three) there are a few foy's out there from the last drop (the Gator graphic) if you know where to look but it's less than 8.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1458 on: January 13, 2024, 09:58:03 AM »

I'm with you! Some un-skated 5.6 lites on hand, tho very tempted to use my 5.8 hollow hangers instead.

I really like the toy machine twin (8.5") but I'm feeling the weight of and width of it for some things.

Pretty sure this won't help, and only feed the madness. But if it works it's nice to know getting one is easier than other brands.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2024, 04:21:36 PM by Xen »

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1459 on: January 14, 2024, 11:46:51 PM »
I can make the crail twin work and am committing to making the switch (due to regular availability) for sure but there are a few 'wish it was...'

WB with those forged 6.5" V-lites wasn't an issue, like the 8.125"/8.25" primitives, the longer kicks+ventures sort of nulls out the tight board feel in terms of 'perceived' WB...i.e., it feels longer because the trucks are pushing it out and my back foot can can go further back (compared to a short WB on a shorter board or a long nose/short tail 14" WB deck...duh). My ollies were very snappy/powerful and controlled feeling. So good.

I wish the kicks were a bit more full at [just] the tips, they remind me of the old 8.25" DSM/Enjoi Impact Light bloard's noses, totally usable tho

I wish there was an 8.3 (they could call it the G0Ɛ3 ;) ) but might try the 8.5 after I skate 1 more of the 8.25s (or just jump straight to it after this one) as I've been on 8.5s for the last 2 months. Dropping down to an 8.2" might as well feel like an 8".

Not board related, but I wish there were V3 x99s - I might throw on my stf v3s for a bit more hanger room/swap to 5.8 hollow hangers but am reluctant given how well I was skating (even tho I felt ever so slight cramped coming off a longer deck/wb and wider board with wider tindies, that is oddly LIGHTER).

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1460 on: January 15, 2024, 03:37:22 AM »
I can make the crail twin work and am committing to making the switch (due to regular availability) for sure but there are a few 'wish it was...'

WB with those forged 6.5" V-lites wasn't an issue, like the 8.125"/8.25" primitives, the longer kicks+ventures sort of nulls out the tight board feel in terms of 'perceived' WB...i.e., it feels longer because the trucks are pushing it out and my back foot can can go further back (compared to a short WB on a shorter board or a long nose/short tail 14" WB deck...duh). My ollies were very snappy/powerful and controlled feeling. So good.

I wish the kicks were a bit more full at [just] the tips, they remind me of the old 8.25" DSM/Enjoi Impact Light bloard's noses, totally usable tho

I wish there was an 8.3 (they could call it the G0Ɛ3 ;) ) but might try the 8.5 after I skate 1 more of the 8.25s (or just jump straight to it after this one) as I've been on 8.5s for the last 2 months. Dropping down to an 8.2" might as well feel like an 8".

Not board related, but I wish there were V3 x99s - I might throw on my stf v3s for a bit more hanger room/swap to 5.8 hollow hangers but am reluctant given how well I was skating (even tho I felt ever so slight cramped coming off a longer deck/wb and wider board with wider tindies, that is oddly LIGHTER).

Yeah I'm sold, mine should be arriving next week and I'm due or a deck refresh. Should give me enough time to figure out truck madness (5.6 or 5.8).
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1461 on: January 15, 2024, 03:55:41 AM »
Saw those Ishod Cat decks on Tactics for a day lol. Should’ve grabbed a green one. They use to always have them in stock, not the graphic, but the others. Guess Real are making less of them.

Pasta Monster

« Reply #1462 on: January 15, 2024, 10:13:23 AM »
Ishod TTs are going to come in 8.75” starting with one of the spring drops.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1463 on: January 15, 2024, 10:22:51 AM »
Ishod TTs are going to come in 8.75” starting with one of the spring drops.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Where?
[close]

Tactics has them up.

SPECS
SIZE   8.75

They're already out!

Saw those Ishod Cat decks on Tactics for a day lol. Should’ve grabbed a green one. They use to always have them in stock, not the graphic, but the others. Guess Real are making less of them.

If you are eyeing the 8.75 I'd grab it quick, my guess is those are going to go fast...not that the others don't too.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2024, 10:30:06 AM by Xen »

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1464 on: January 15, 2024, 10:28:48 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah I'm sold, mine should be arriving next week and I'm due or a deck refresh. Should give me enough time to figure out truck madness (5.6 or 5.8).

Good luck with that ;0 Coming off 8.5/149s I went straight to the 5.6s, disassembled my 5.8s to help me 'stay away' - I really liked how grabby the 5.6s/V5 shape wheel were on front crooks tho.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 851
« Reply #1465 on: January 15, 2024, 10:37:24 AM »
I think Tactics took them down for some reason. Maybe the posted them too soon?

Anyway, you can still pre-order the new Ishod from Cal Skate including the 8.75"

https://calsk8.com/products/real-skateboards-ishod-wair-cat-scratch-assorted-sized-twin-tip-deck-pre-order

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1466 on: January 16, 2024, 05:59:33 AM »
I think Tactics took them down for some reason. Maybe the posted them too soon?

Anyway, you can still pre-order the new Ishod from Cal Skate including the 8.75"

https://calsk8.com/products/real-skateboards-ishod-wair-cat-scratch-assorted-sized-twin-tip-deck-pre-order

They're back up now:

This 8.75 is tempting, but that 14.68 wheelbase 😳

Ant

• Rep: 40
« Reply #1467 on: January 16, 2024, 07:11:33 AM »
That wheelbase is very tempting. I'm looking for something to put Ace classic 55s on. I'd probably have to lose the graphic though.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 851
« Reply #1468 on: January 16, 2024, 07:31:05 AM »
Same. i have the 8.5" on order. Plan to use AF1 55s and get to sliding pretty quick.

hiljentaa

• Rep: 319
« Reply #1469 on: January 16, 2024, 07:32:34 AM »
Primitive, give us the 8.125 twins already!!!