Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 799246 times)

herecomesaregular and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

rothdigga

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 586
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #5820 on: June 09, 2023, 01:37:12 PM »
Is there a 440 collab with a UK shop coming out soon?   I thought I saw a premiere announcement on IG but I forgot the name of the shop so I can’t really track it back down
Yeah, there's a shop called Welcome in Leeds (not to be confused with Welcome the company) out there we're doing a 440 with that a few people have teased on social.  I only brought in a tiny amount for the US so it's mostly a UK launch. 

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #5821 on: June 09, 2023, 01:42:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Is there a 440 collab with a UK shop coming out soon?   I thought I saw a premiere announcement on IG but I forgot the name of the shop so I can’t really track it back down
[close]
Yeah, there's a shop called Welcome in Leeds (not to be confused with Welcome the company) out there we're doing a 440 with that a few people have teased on social.  I only brought in a tiny amount for the US so it's mostly a UK launch.

Ah bummer.  I like some of the customizations they added like the stars, tongue tag and the stripes hah.   Can’t quite tell what exact color the shoe is (off white or light tan?) but either way looks reaaal nice

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5822 on: June 10, 2023, 04:49:30 AM »
I am patiently waiting for the 808 Black/Gum. That'll be the song of the summer, imo.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5823 on: June 10, 2023, 08:36:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Cross post with the "Shoes currently wearing" thread

Fresh pair of NB# 508s with some Jersey wildfire haze

Also finally breaking out this pair of 868s I mentioned in the NB thread I've been hoarding in my closet. NB# are really the best of the best.

[close]

The 508 is the only Numeric that has caught my eye. I really want to try a thin cupsole, and I dig how there's a good balance (ha) between simple and tech in the design.

They aren't very often talked about, I'm just hoping someone sings their praises.... i read weartested review but i rarely get a good indication if they actively liked skating the shoes tho.
I hear you brother. 440 is way too thin for me, I tried 508 the other day at some store and boy they felt good.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Pasta Monster

« Reply #5824 on: June 10, 2023, 10:20:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Ah bummer.  I like some of the customizations they added like the stars, tongue tag and the stripes hah.   Can’t quite tell what exact color the shoe is (off white or light tan?) but either way looks reaaal nice

Damn, they do look nice.

Anyone know what the colorway of the 420 is? I wanted to get a pair last year, but wasn't fond of the Barney purple.

GoneWithTheSchwinn

• Mods
  • Rep: -9957
« Reply #5825 on: June 10, 2023, 11:01:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Cross post with the "Shoes currently wearing" thread

Fresh pair of NB# 508s with some Jersey wildfire haze

Also finally breaking out this pair of 868s I mentioned in the NB thread I've been hoarding in my closet. NB# are really the best of the best.

[close]

The 508 is the only Numeric that has caught my eye. I really want to try a thin cupsole, and I dig how there's a good balance (ha) between simple and tech in the design.

They aren't very often talked about, I'm just hoping someone sings their praises.... i read weartested review but i rarely get a good indication if they actively liked skating the shoes tho.
[close]
I hear you brother. 440 is way too thin for me, I tried 508 the other day at some store and boy they felt good.
I really liked the pair of 508s I had but they packed out after a couple months. Great shoe though.

BLACK LIVES MATTER
FUCK 12

"Watch out or the gazpacho police will get you!"

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #5826 on: June 10, 2023, 11:22:48 AM »
Anyone have any feedback on 1010's vs 808's?  Skated my 1010's for the first time, and at 39 was amazed how well my feet felt the next day.  Curious which model has more support.  Going to stick with 1010's unless someone has some knowledge I'm missing out on.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5827 on: June 10, 2023, 01:02:25 PM »
Anyone have any feedback on 1010's vs 808's?  Skated my 1010's for the first time, and at 39 was amazed how well my feet felt the next day.  Curious which model has more support.  Going to stick with 1010's unless someone has some knowledge I'm missing out on.
808 are the light for sure
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

jamersonbass

« Reply #5828 on: June 10, 2023, 01:31:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

How do they compare to 1010's?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #5829 on: June 10, 2023, 01:35:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I felt 808 more padded and with better cushion than 1010. I also liked the sole better. Maybe 1010 have better boardfeel but I'm 38 and I rather have painless feet.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

wax poetic

• Rep: 44
  • fuck it, I'll stir the pot
« Reply #5830 on: June 10, 2023, 01:54:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
I felt 808 more padded and with better cushion than 1010. I also liked the sole better. Maybe 1010 have better boardfeel but I'm 38 and I rather have painless feet.
.5 up or I can't confirm painlessness haha

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5831 on: June 10, 2023, 04:01:08 PM »
I wish we could pin polls about how people think shoes fits. 

Finally going to try and get a pair of NBs.   Those Welcome 440s are calling me.    @rothdigga would you let me know which US shops you ordered those for?

Also, what’s the consensus on the fit?   I feel like I tried that first high model on and it fit almost a size too large

jamersonbass

« Reply #5832 on: June 10, 2023, 04:20:49 PM »

Finally going to try and get a pair of NBs.   Those Welcome 440s are calling me.    @rothdigga would you let me know which US shops you ordered those for?

Also, what’s the consensus on the fit?   I feel like I tried that first high model on and it fit almost a size too large

440's were tts for me.

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #5833 on: June 10, 2023, 04:38:57 PM »
I like some of the customizations they added like the stars, tongue tag and the stripes hah.   Can’t quite tell what exact color the shoe is (off white or light tan?) but either way looks reaaal nice

Damn you’re right these are really sick, took me a minute to find so thought I’d post

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5834 on: June 10, 2023, 05:09:36 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

440's were tts for me.

Hmm maybe there’s a difference in the lows vs highs?

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #5835 on: June 10, 2023, 05:46:20 PM »
Expand Quote
I like some of the customizations they added like the stars, tongue tag and the stripes hah.   Can’t quite tell what exact color the shoe is (off white or light tan?) but either way looks reaaal nice
[close]

Damn you’re right these are really sick, took me a minute to find so thought I’d post

thanks for posting. Super nice!

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #5836 on: June 10, 2023, 06:26:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

440's were tts for me.
[close]

tts in both hi & low for me, but ymmv. foot shape etc

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #5837 on: June 10, 2023, 09:41:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

440's were tts for me.
[close]

[close]

Bought some 440s off that JoesNB site for $50 and I was also tts 10. The only shoe from NB# I've tried and would say I wasn't tts would be the 808 and 420. 808 are definitely half size up and 420 are half size down.

I take weartested reviews sizing with a grain of salt. They recommended half size down on the westgate 508 and there's no way in hell I could squeeze my feet into that shoe half size down.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #5838 on: June 11, 2023, 02:34:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

440's were tts for me.
[close]

[close]

[close]

Bought some 440s off that JoesNB site for $50 and I was also tts 10. The only shoe from NB# I've tried and would say I wasn't tts would be the 808 and 420. 808 are definitely half size up and 420 are half size down.

I take weartested reviews sizing with a grain of salt. They recommended half size down on the westgate 508 and there's no way in hell I could squeeze my feet into that shoe half size down.
Meanwhile, I'm over here with experience indicating most NB# models run 0.5 small going back as far as 2017, even some of the vulcs.  So I confuse even more people if I share 🙃

533v2, 508, 288 (not 288s), 440 (low and high), 808, 1010, 255, and 358 have all been 0.5 small for me.
Super Champion Fun Zone

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #5839 on: June 11, 2023, 05:55:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

440's were tts for me.
[close]

[close]

I second this. Had both 440 low and highs and TTS for me
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #5840 on: June 11, 2023, 08:53:51 AM »
The 440 high is a bit more flexible so maybe it feels bigger because of that? At least for me it feels that way mostly because the low is stiffer at the top of the ankle opening and ties into the heel stiffening piece.

The 272 definitely ran big on me I'd need half size down on those. 306 felt TTS same with 420 and 508

DanRar009

• Rep: 58
« Reply #5841 on: June 11, 2023, 09:14:21 AM »
Curious anyone see any leaked pics of Tom Knox’s pro shoe? From previous posts saw that it’s based off the 288 sport

scissorhands

• Rep: 0
« Reply #5842 on: June 11, 2023, 11:33:36 AM »
The 440 high is a bit more flexible so maybe it feels bigger because of that? At least for me it feels that way mostly because the low is stiffer at the top of the ankle opening and ties into the heel stiffening piece.

The 272 definitely ran big on me I'd need half size down on those. 306 felt TTS same with 420 and 508

This has been my experience as well. 440, 1010, 508 all were true to size. 440 highs DO feel way roomier in the same size.
I also did size down half size on the 272's(great feeling vulc)   I recently got a pair of 808's and went true to size too as well.....half size up in 808 felt sloppy on my heels and back of foot.

standfast

• Rep: 19
« Reply #5843 on: June 11, 2023, 11:48:22 AM »
For anyone wanting to skate the 440's but think they are too thin on the forefront. Remove the insole and toss in a thicker pair from an old pair of nikes (lunarlons) or something like that. It'll feel snug at first but they'll stretch out as they break in and you'll still have support.

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
« Reply #5844 on: June 11, 2023, 12:15:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I’m 40 in a few months, exclusively skate the 1010 and 808. I love both, for different purposes. basically The 1010s are lighter and have slightly more boardfeel, so better for skating low impact and quickfooted tricks, but my battered old feet can get sore stomping or running out of bails after a few hours. The 808’s are heavier and more clunky, but you can skate for longer in them. If you wanna go skate and get lost in the city all day, or huck something for 100 tries, then 808s. If y done a trick before but you wanna film it and can do it in an hour or two, the 1010s will probably be your best bet and will look better on camera.
Remember this is the opinion of a 40yo. Young people with young legs will probably have no problems with the 1010, they are great shoes. But the support in the 808 is undefeated. Most shoes hurt my feet just walking for a few hours, but i can wear the 808 all day.
Also remember the 808 fit tighter than the 1010, so yoh gotta buy em 1/2 size up.

TL/DR the 1010 if you’re here for a good time, the 808 if you’re here for a long time
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

Carter

• Rep: -1
« Reply #5845 on: June 11, 2023, 12:36:00 PM »
For anyone wanting to skate the 440's but think they are too thin on the forefront. Remove the insole and toss in a thicker pair from an old pair of nikes (lunarlons) or something like that. It'll feel snug at first but they'll stretch out as they break in and you'll still have support.

put in kingfoam elite pro medium thickness (5mm-7mm heel) and they feel sick def could go tts or half size down im a 7.5 did the 7.5 just added those insoles and they are perfect. can't believe I slept sooo long on this shoe!! love them super comfy super soft and the first ever shoe I've ever had ever ever that are 100% ready to go out the box. wonder what the V2 has instore for us I've been trying to poke and get answers

Badandoldskater

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 31
« Reply #5846 on: June 11, 2023, 03:02:22 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This has been my experience as well. 440, 1010, 508 all were true to size. 440 highs DO feel way roomier in the same size.
I also did size down half size on the 272's(great feeling vulc)   I recently got a pair of 808's and went true to size too as well.....half size up in 808 felt sloppy on my heels and back of foot.

Triple agree the 440s highs fit roomier than the lows.I have  super wide feeet and the 440 highs are the way to go.

rikki

• Rep: 302
« Reply #5847 on: June 11, 2023, 11:49:03 PM »
Been loving the 440s a lot. If anything, though, I could use a tiny bit more impact protection.

Would the 508s provide more shock absorption, and how would you say they compare to the 440 otherwise?

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5848 on: June 12, 2023, 06:37:46 AM »
I think the higher the number the more technology is in the shoe, the lower the less.

is this actually true? I can't remember if I ever got confirmation on this

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #5849 on: June 12, 2023, 07:27:32 AM »
Expand Quote
I think the higher the number the more technology is in the shoe, the lower the less.
[close]

is this actually true? I can't remember if I ever got confirmation on this
yes. Very true. They also align the numerology with something relevant to the skater at times, if possible as well. (Westgate zip code, for example)