Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 799317 times)

MetalAnkleMan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 17
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #7650 on: November 03, 2023, 12:03:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It’s still shocks me that more brands don’t take @rothdigga snd @mini greek ’s lead.  EmericaTM is def around, too, don’t want to forget about him, but it doesn’t quite feel the same
[close]
100%, Roth and mini are "one of us" where it feels like SoleTech views us as "them," if that makes any sense
[close]
Makes sense. But it’s not just them, the posters in this thread are also extremely helpful. I’m more likely to buy a NB# than another brand cause I can come here to see how everyone’s liking a particular shoe. This thread is a great resource.

I agree, NB has a very we are family attitude, seems like they treat their riders great as well. Keeps me loyal to NB and proud to support the company

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7651 on: November 03, 2023, 12:30:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It’s still shocks me that more brands don’t take @rothdigga snd @mini greek ’s lead.  EmericaTM is def around, too, don’t want to forget about him, but it doesn’t quite feel the same
[close]
100%, Roth and mini are "one of us" where it feels like SoleTech views us as "them," if that makes any sense
[close]
Makes sense. But it’s not just them, the posters in this thread are also extremely helpful. I’m more likely to buy a NB# than another brand cause I can come here to see how everyone’s liking a particular shoe. This thread is a great resource.
[close]

I agree, NB has a very we are family attitude, seems like they treat their riders great as well. Keeps me loyal to NB and proud to support the company
^ This
+ they showed more respect to the Boss in 5 min than Vans in 3 years.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #7652 on: November 03, 2023, 12:40:33 PM »

Honestly the Emerica thread is predominantly negative so it makes sense he wouldn't want anything to do with it.

rothdigga

• Rep: 586
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7653 on: November 03, 2023, 01:13:55 PM »
Expand Quote
For those looking for the suede pack 480's, here's a quick hitter list of shops for you to look at for them.  Otherwise, NB.com will have them up on Monday but I always try to push to buy from shops first if you can.  Some of these guys might be waiting for their stock to arrive as these were a bit of a last minute push with all of us at a sales meeting last week and the reps hustling on order entry.
303 CIFX LLC
35TH AVE
510 SKATEBOARDING
561 SKATEBOARDING
CARDINAL SKATE SHOP
ABSTRACT SKATEBOARDING
APB SKATESHOP
BLACK SHEEP NC
BLUETILE SKATEBOARDS
ICON APPAREL
BRUSH ALLEY SKATESHOP
CAL SURF
CENTRAL BOARD SHOP
CENTRAL SKATESHOP
CLANDESTINE CLOTHING
CONTENDERS INC
CROWN APPAREL
DAMAGE
DELI SKATE SUPPLY
EASTERN BOARDER
TACTICS
EMAGE COLORADO
EMBASSY BOARDSHOP
ESCAPIST
EXODUS BOARD SHOP
LONG BEACH SKATE CO
FURNACE
INFINITY SKATE SHOP
INITIATE SKATEBOARDING
JERIC'S OF PLAINFIELD
RELIEF SKATE SUPPLY
KINETIC SKATEBOARDING INC
LIBRE SKATEBOARDING/NOCTURNAL
MAGNOLIA SKATE SHOP
MINUS SKATE SHOP
MOCEAN
NJ SKATESHOP
NO-COMPLY
NON FACTORY
HOME SKATESHOP
OLD SKULL SKATEBOARDS
OUTLIER SKATEBOARD SUPPLY
OVERCAST SKATE SHOP
PACIFIC WAVE SURFSHOP
PRIDE SURF SHOP
PHARMACY BOARDSHOP LAS VEGAS
PLA SKATEBOARDING
PLUS OF NWFL
PREMIER SKATEBOARDING
PUSH SKATESHOP
RADIO SKATESHOP
RUKUS BOARD SHOP
SATELLITE BOARDSHOP
SEQUENCE
OVERLOAD SD
SKATE SUPPLY
SKATE WAREHOUSE
SKATEBOARD MARKET
SKATEPARK OF TAMPA
SLAPPY'S GARAGE
PHARMACY RANCHO
SUBSECT SKATESHOP
ATLAS BOARDSHOP
THEORY SKATE SHOP
UNDERGROUND SKATE SHOP
UPRISE SKATEBOARDS
VENUE SKATEBOARDS
NEW YAK CITY
COUREUR GOODS
[close]
Not sure if I'm missing something or not, but no Canadian shops listed?
No Canada for this drop guys.  I do have a very small amount of the leather Yin/Yang pack about to show up there at specific shops but they're not getting this suede pack sadly.  I had to pick and choose my battles with what to give them to keep inventory chill up there. 

rothdigga

« Reply #7654 on: November 03, 2023, 01:17:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

So me and MiniGreek are sort of the couple and you guys are OJ and the Ramsey's in South Park? 

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #7655 on: November 03, 2023, 01:21:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

So me and MiniGreek are sort of the couple and you guys are OJ and the Ramsey's in South Park?

You wish!   Straight Freaks!

« Last Edit: November 03, 2023, 01:47:22 PM by Atiba Applebum »

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7656 on: November 03, 2023, 01:23:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Honestly the Emerica thread is predominantly negative so it makes sense he wouldn't want anything to do with it.

Oh I get it and it’s shit that’s by and large out of his control.

mini greek

« Reply #7657 on: November 03, 2023, 01:25:42 PM »
Expand Quote
How is the sizing between 440 and 600?
I found the hightops 440s to be slightly bigger than low 440.
[close]

My guess?

All over the fucking place.

Come on now, we KNOW there are NB people in hear, buck the fuck up and talk sizing issues with people that want to skate your shoes but run into fit issues; looks bad when all you do is ignore the facts.

The 600s are my last attempt at skating NB#
Here's the deal with sizing...you can take 10 people, all size 9.5 and put them in the same shoe and they're all going to have different experiences. It's nearly impossible to make a shoe that fits everyone equally. For example, some of you size up a 1/2 size in the 808, where as I wear them TTS because that is the fit and feel I prefer. Tiago wears 9 in both the 1010 and 808. That would never fly for some of you.
There's also the fact that as much as we focus on giving you guys the most durable and well thought out skate shoes in the market, the majority of people who buy them aren't skating as much as we are, they're just wearing them casually. We want those people to have a relaxed, comfortable fit experience that aligns with what NB is broadly known for. We pick those models that we think will appeal to the broader audience and work to manipulate the fit slightly so it appeals to that consumer. Have we had some utter misses on sizing in the past, oh man have we, but we're very conscious of fit and feel and do a tremendous amount of internal trial and talk to align on fit.
 Everyone orders from the internet nowadays, but it used to be you'd go to the skateshop and try on a couple sizes and pick the one that best works for you. I was a 10 in skate shoes from Sole Tech, a 9.5 in Circa, and got away with 9's in other brands. Bottom line is, just know we are aware of sizing, we spend a ton of time on it, and not everything is going to work for everyone. Just wanted to pop on and say that.
Get litty.....

YMCMB

• Rep: 49
« Reply #7658 on: November 03, 2023, 01:29:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
For those looking for the suede pack 480's, here's a quick hitter list of shops for you to look at for them.  Otherwise, NB.com will have them up on Monday but I always try to push to buy from shops first if you can.  Some of these guys might be waiting for their stock to arrive as these were a bit of a last minute push with all of us at a sales meeting last week and the reps hustling on order entry.
303 CIFX LLC
35TH AVE
510 SKATEBOARDING
561 SKATEBOARDING
CARDINAL SKATE SHOP
ABSTRACT SKATEBOARDING
APB SKATESHOP
BLACK SHEEP NC
BLUETILE SKATEBOARDS
ICON APPAREL
BRUSH ALLEY SKATESHOP
CAL SURF
CENTRAL BOARD SHOP
CENTRAL SKATESHOP
CLANDESTINE CLOTHING
CONTENDERS INC
CROWN APPAREL
DAMAGE
DELI SKATE SUPPLY
EASTERN BOARDER
TACTICS
EMAGE COLORADO
EMBASSY BOARDSHOP
ESCAPIST
EXODUS BOARD SHOP
LONG BEACH SKATE CO
FURNACE
INFINITY SKATE SHOP
INITIATE SKATEBOARDING
JERIC'S OF PLAINFIELD
RELIEF SKATE SUPPLY
MAGNOLIA SKATE SHOP
MINUS SKATE SHOP
MOCEAN
NJ SKATESHOP
NO-COMPLY
NON FACTORY
HOME SKATESHOP
OLD SKULL SKATEBOARDS
OVERCAST SKATE SHOP
PACIFIC WAVE SURFSHOP
PRIDE SURF SHOP
PLA SKATEBOARDING
PLUS OF NWFL
PREMIER SKATEBOARDING
PUSH SKATESHOP
RADIO SKATESHOP
RUKUS BOARD SHOP
SATELLITE BOARDSHOP
SEQUENCE
OVERLOAD SD
SKATE SUPPLY
SKATE WAREHOUSE
SKATEBOARD MARKET
SKATEPARK OF TAMPA
SLAPPY'S GARAGE
PHARMACY RANCHO
SUBSECT SKATESHOP
ATLAS BOARDSHOP
THEORY SKATE SHOP
UNDERGROUND SKATE SHOP
UPRISE SKATEBOARDS
VENUE SKATEBOARDS
NEW YAK CITY
COUREUR GOODS
[close]
[close]
No Canada for this drop guys.  I do have a very small amount of the leather Yin/Yang pack about to show up there at specific shops but they're not getting this suede pack sadly.  I had to pick and choose my battles with what to give them to keep inventory chill up there.

Thanks, do you know what shops got the Ying/Yang?

LebowskisRug

« Reply #7659 on: November 03, 2023, 02:30:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
How is the sizing between 440 and 600?
I found the hightops 440s to be slightly bigger than low 440.
[close]

My guess?

All over the fucking place.

Come on now, we KNOW there are NB people in hear, buck the fuck up and talk sizing issues with people that want to skate your shoes but run into fit issues; looks bad when all you do is ignore the facts.

The 600s are my last attempt at skating NB#
[close]
Here's the deal with sizing...you can take 10 people, all size 9.5 and put them in the same shoe and they're all going to have different experiences. It's nearly impossible to make a shoe that fits everyone equally. For example, some of you size up a 1/2 size in the 808, where as I wear them TTS because that is the fit and feel I prefer. Tiago wears 9 in both the 1010 and 808. That would never fly for some of you.
There's also the fact that as much as we focus on giving you guys the most durable and well thought out skate shoes in the market, the majority of people who buy them aren't skating as much as we are, they're just wearing them casually. We want those people to have a relaxed, comfortable fit experience that aligns with what NB is broadly known for. We pick those models that we think will appeal to the broader audience and work to manipulate the fit slightly so it appeals to that consumer. Have we had some utter misses on sizing in the past, oh man have we, but we're very conscious of fit and feel and do a tremendous amount of internal trial and talk to align on fit.
 Everyone orders from the internet nowadays, but it used to be you'd go to the skateshop and try on a couple sizes and pick the one that best works for you. I was a 10 in skate shoes from Sole Tech, a 9.5 in Circa, and got away with 9's in other brands. Bottom line is, just know we are aware of sizing, we spend a ton of time on it, and not everything is going to work for everyone. Just wanted to pop on and say that.

The vast majority of people in this thread are fitting TTS in most NB shoes aside from the 808 and/or 272. That's pretty good and its expected not all foot shapes work for all shoes. There are 3 people in total that I counted in the last dozen pages who continually harp about fit variance. I will never be able to understand Adidas and Cons sizing but they fit me like shit anyways so I just ignore those brands.

In sports with much more specialized shoes that I've done you literally can't wear entire brands depending on foot width and shape and its not uncommon to need 2 different size shoes. Some of the best running, rock climbing, and cycling shoes on the market never fit me (and others), but we just acknowledge that and move on since the shoe is not going to be the key inhibitor of performance.

The people on hear complaining about NB having abnormal fit variance- the brand and shoe shapes likely are not for you. It is not the company's fault, its your foot shape. Move on.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #7660 on: November 03, 2023, 03:56:30 PM »
All or nearly all of NB# models early on (to me, they still do) ran at least 0.5 small (except 212/213: half size big) to my normal size. I know I'm not alone in expressing that sentiment, so it's important we share our experiences so others can try and buy accordingly if they're also in the "abnormal variance" camp of sizing.

I never chalked them up to being bad, nor do most others I've seen on here. They nearly have all mentioned that the shoes don't work for them and that's it, so I'm not sure why you're lightly trying to invalidate those people's experiences @LebowskisRug
Others with similar experiences or feet shape find that info just as useful as people who find them TTS across the board with their like minded people.

It seems that so many of us love NB# direction and ideas with their shoes and are hoping the next release satisfies the fit/sizing issues of previous attempts. I can't fault anyone in that position, because sometimes certain models work while the rest don't from a brand. I know we've all dealt with that in skate shoes to some degree

My personal experiences went like this for NB I've tried to wear/skate over the years. Figuring out the right size solved most of the perceived issues/flaws for me. But alas, a large # of the shoes don't feel comfortable enough for me to skate because of my preferences (Soletech cups & dunk-esque shoes) so I don't know if I plan on buying anymore even if I wanted to. The 600 is tempting though.

212/213: 0.5 big
272/574: TTS (so it seems)
255/288/288s/358/379/440/508/533v2/598/1010: 05. small
533v1/808: 1.0 small

I don't believe I had my shoe size wrong by 0.5 for years but that's entirely possible. I've been a comfortable 11 in so many other shoes out there that I think NB's lasts are more athletic and tapered requiring me to size 0.5 up to 11.5 or 12.0 at least because I need more room for my toes and/or rear/mid foot lateral space so my feet aren't squeezed near the arch area.

Forgive me for flooding the thread with an essay. Read it or skip it, it's all Gucci (I mean NB  ;)) to me
Super Champion Fun Zone

LebowskisRug

« Reply #7661 on: November 03, 2023, 06:01:06 PM »
I don't think you shouldn't share the experience but so far I count you, Xen, and 1 other from recent pages. A half size up or down isn't crazy. This is super normal in many types of shoes, even within brands. Massive variance isn't. Even by your own admission the vast majority of their shoes fit you the same.  For me and Cons/Adidas it's not remotely close.

For me and Adidas some Sambas run me TTS others are a half size big and the Busenitz tends to fit me a bit tight in the Achilles. The Tyshawn High were TTS but the lows fit .5 small. Adidas running shoes run a full size big on me. Cons is even more bonkers, but it's not remotely as ridiculous as shoes I've used in other sports where it's much more important to be perfectly form fitting.

The NB vulcs run .5 small on me, but I'm also not on here demanding NB give me an answer about why my feet are the way they are.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1017
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #7662 on: November 03, 2023, 06:21:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
^ This

Yeah The Boss straight pimped vans on his Insta hard, and for what? One colorway and it's over? Who knows, maybe the he walked on his own straight to NB since Vans was taking too long.

Vans keeps posting consecutive quarterly losses as it is...VF has been having a hard time of late.

flintstagram

• Rep: 84
« Reply #7663 on: November 03, 2023, 06:28:32 PM »
I never chalked them up to being bad, nor do most others I've seen on here. They nearly have all mentioned that the shoes don't work for them and that's it, so I'm not sure why you're lightly trying to invalidate those people's experiences @LebowskisRug

That’s kind of LebowskisRug’s specialty.

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #7664 on: November 03, 2023, 07:25:19 PM »

Tim is definitely more of a pm type of guy. But always comes through.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

WareZ Rolls

• Rep: 0
« Reply #7665 on: November 03, 2023, 08:25:46 PM »
Expand Quote
There’s no shops within an hour of me, so ordering shoes online can be stressful. I get not wanting to ordering multiple silhouettes to see which ones fit. That’s why I hoard gear when it works for me. Also I think having a shoe slightly too big is better than the opposite.

Y’all that can go half sizes are lucky. For me it was 13 or nothing. Now it’s 14 or nothing. So it could be MUCH worse. I couldn’t buy another pair of 808s even if I wanted to
[close]

Yes, always buy the bigger shoe unless there is too much heel slip (which is usually the case with NB).

Ill fitting small shoes are terribly bad for you..

I'm bitching but I'm sure those NB are going back and I'm skating the Leos.

I always buy the smallest size I can, as I hate having excess shoe past my toes... hard soles/cup feel like I have to flick some tricks at weird steep angles and vulc soles make the flick delayed... Obviously I don't go to the point my toes are getting jammed every time I land... just my 2cents.

In terms of fit, I skated through multiple pairs of #533 PJ Ladd's and whatever the Arto Saari model was. The #212's and #818's. Basically their whole original line-up excluding the Brightons. All in 10.5... Just about to retire my last back stocked pair of #533's... went into a shop the other day and tried on some #440's as that's all they had... size 9.5 was what I would consider the best fitting for me... I haven't worn a 9.5 shoe since like 7th grade... It was weird.

#533 best skate shoes ever. Hoping the #508 westgate's are what they look like online... Basically, a rebranded 533, atleast in shape. No where around me sells them so gonna have to Amazon return them to see in person.     

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7666 on: November 03, 2023, 10:41:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
303 CIFX LLC
35TH AVE
510 SKATEBOARDING
561 SKATEBOARDING
CARDINAL SKATE SHOP
ABSTRACT SKATEBOARDING
APB SKATESHOP
BLACK SHEEP NC
BLUETILE SKATEBOARDS
ICON APPAREL
BRUSH ALLEY SKATESHOP
CAL SURF
CENTRAL BOARD SHOP
CENTRAL SKATESHOP
CLANDESTINE CLOTHING
CONTENDERS INC
CROWN APPAREL
DAMAGE
DELI SKATE SUPPLY
EASTERN BOARDER
TACTICS
EMAGE COLORADO
EMBASSY BOARDSHOP
ESCAPIST
EXODUS BOARD SHOP
LONG BEACH SKATE CO
FURNACE
INFINITY SKATE SHOP
INITIATE SKATEBOARDING
JERIC'S OF PLAINFIELD
RELIEF SKATE SUPPLY
MAGNOLIA SKATE SHOP
MINUS SKATE SHOP
MOCEAN
NJ SKATESHOP
NO-COMPLY
NON FACTORY
HOME SKATESHOP
OLD SKULL SKATEBOARDS
OVERCAST SKATE SHOP
PACIFIC WAVE SURFSHOP
PRIDE SURF SHOP
PLA SKATEBOARDING
PLUS OF NWFL
PREMIER SKATEBOARDING
PUSH SKATESHOP
RADIO SKATESHOP
RUKUS BOARD SHOP
SATELLITE BOARDSHOP
SEQUENCE
OVERLOAD SD
SKATE SUPPLY
SKATE WAREHOUSE
SKATEBOARD MARKET
SKATEPARK OF TAMPA
SLAPPY'S GARAGE
PHARMACY RANCHO
SUBSECT SKATESHOP
ATLAS BOARDSHOP
THEORY SKATE SHOP
UNDERGROUND SKATE SHOP
UPRISE SKATEBOARDS
VENUE SKATEBOARDS
NEW YAK CITY
COUREUR GOODS
[close]
[close]
Yin/Yangs still haven't show around here which is very nice so my wallet can take a breather. Got 808, 480BOS and 600 in a very short window with winter bust around the corner so I couldn't justify getting more shoes but sure thing I'll snag the yangs as soon I can find them 🤷‍♂️
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

rikki

• Rep: 302
« Reply #7667 on: November 04, 2023, 01:36:01 AM »
@rothdigga didja get my PM's? Just checking.

Oh, and after three sessions on the 600, I really still do feel they might be one of the best shoes I've skated. I'm nearing 50 yrs old and I just had two consecutive days with a total of 5 hrs of skating. My feet aren't complaining at all apart from the normal fatigue experienced at this age.

Spotlighting one thing about the shoe: the grip is amazing for a cupsole. Almost felt too grippy at first, combined with fresh Jessup, but overall I love it. Plus they seem durable as hell.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 52
« Reply #7668 on: November 04, 2023, 04:41:12 AM »
As TLC once said:

“Don't go chasin' waterfalls
Please stick to the rivers and the lakes that you're used to”

Translation: When you find a shoe that works, just stick with it lol

Chasing the perfect fit will leave you disappointed. You’ll have to compromise cause all our feet are different. Either they’ll be a little snug or a little too big. Finding shoes that fit just right can happen, but it shouldn’t be expected.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7669 on: November 04, 2023, 09:05:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
^ This
[close]

Yeah The Boss straight pimped vans on his Insta hard, and for what? One colorway and it's over? Who knows, maybe the he walked on his own straight to NB since Vans was taking too long.

Vans keeps posting consecutive quarterly losses as it is...VF has been having a hard time of late.

Vans gave him a home for three years and two colorways.   HE wanted Vans and pursued them hard then HE chose to not renew his contract.   A Reynolds pro model would not make a dent on VF Corp sales as a whole, they have structural issues

I would argue his time on Vans really raised his profile (I know he’s evergreen but there was a re-ignition of appreciation as being in Vans lit a fire in him) that made NB# make a lot of sense.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 52
« Reply #7670 on: November 04, 2023, 09:14:23 AM »
It’s all a journey. If he had never went to Vans he probably wouldn’t be on NB# right now. It was a bad fit for both parties, but he’s in a good place now.

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
« Reply #7671 on: November 04, 2023, 06:32:40 PM »
Reynolds skating an all black pair of 480’s at the Pawnshop demo, definitely lows too.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #7672 on: November 04, 2023, 06:59:58 PM »
patience is truly a virtue
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1189
« Reply #7673 on: November 05, 2023, 11:29:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
^ This
[close]

[close]

Vans gave him a home for three years and two colorways.   HE wanted Vans and pursued them hard then HE chose to not renew his contract.   A Reynolds pro model would not make a dent on VF Corp sales as a whole, they have structural issues

I would argue his time on Vans really raised his profile (I know he’s evergreen but there was a re-ignition of appreciation as being in Vans lit a fire in him) that made NB# make a lot of sense.

to add to the lore, Reynolds is on the record stating he read a Village Psychic interview with Jeff Mikut (NB# shoe designer) and it made him want to meet Jeff and talk shoes... the rest is history.

http://www.villagepsychic.net/blog/andrew-reynolds-new-balance
referring to
http://www.villagepsychic.net/blog/jeff-mikut
hardly art, hardly starving

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7674 on: November 05, 2023, 12:58:41 PM »
Was a little surprised the 600s weren’t as soft on first try on.   Do they need some good break in time?

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
« Reply #7675 on: November 05, 2023, 01:39:25 PM »
@rothdigga

What's the deal w/ the 306, is that still going strong in the line-up, or do i need to stock up?

One of the best shoes I've ever skated in 28 years of riding this useless wood toy.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7676 on: November 05, 2023, 01:54:29 PM »
@rothdigga

What's the deal w/ the 306, is that still going strong in the line-up, or do i need to stock up?

One of the best shoes I've ever skated in 28 years of riding this useless wood toy.

The Foy?   From what I hear, that’s likely their best seller.  I’d guess it’s safe

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 345
« Reply #7677 on: November 05, 2023, 01:57:36 PM »
Expand Quote
@rothdigga

[close]

The Foy?   From what I hear, that’s likely their best seller.  I’d guess it’s safe

i see lot of people skating in them around LA
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

LebowskisRug

« Reply #7678 on: November 05, 2023, 02:43:35 PM »
It’s all a journey. If he had never went to Vans he probably wouldn’t be on NB# right now. It was a bad fit for both parties, but he’s in a good place now.

It was a great fit for Vans. They didn't have to give him a pro shoe and got to latch onto his following super hard. He always had his shoes featured on his IG stories and his Half Cabs and Old Skools sold out lots of places. Reynolds saying his feet hurt in them in 1 interview likely won't impact their sales and it wasn't in something super widely read like Thrasher or some shit. I don't think people hold Vans to a super high standard or expect much of them so it was a free publicity boost.

rothdigga

« Reply #7679 on: November 05, 2023, 07:34:31 PM »
@rothdigga

Nothing planned to change the 306 as of yet.  It's still working very well for us and going strong both in the US and INTL so no changes coming or need to stock up on it, unless you want to just go buy 100's of pairs to help our bottom line I guess.  Not going to dissuade you from doing that.