Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 798025 times)

wax poetic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 44
  • fuck it, I'll stir the pot
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #7260 on: October 10, 2023, 01:24:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Skated the Boss 480's this past weekend... I'll probably grab another pair or two of those and rock them until we hopefully get news of his pro model.  They were exactly what I was looking for.   I loved the Asics Gel Vikka I tried but NB got me back with this shoe.
[close]
You say grab another pair or two so casually like many many people haven't gotten even one pair before it sold out. I seriously put a pair in the cart on the dot of release time at my local and it sold out before I checked out. Why are they under producing these colorways?

Btw I eventually got my pair but this run  was severely under produced and I don't see them restocking.
[close]

Expand Quote

Good luck. Barely found a second pair in my size.
[close]

Positive attitude guys.  Just found another pair.  Easy peasy.  I am waiting a few though because I may buy a part for my 4Runner that takes precedence right now.  Otherwise I'll pick them and a deck up tonight. Wooooo
[close]
I'm curious, what size do you wear? Sizes 9-11 are usually gone for any shoe with built in demand within a day at all online shops I frequent.

8.5  but I've helped others find other sizes as well since a few days after initial drop.  14 was the only one I had trouble with.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7261 on: October 10, 2023, 02:23:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Skated the Boss 480's this past weekend... I'll probably grab another pair or two of those and rock them until we hopefully get news of his pro model.  They were exactly what I was looking for.   I loved the Asics Gel Vikka I tried but NB got me back with this shoe.
[close]
You say grab another pair or two so casually like many many people haven't gotten even one pair before it sold out. I seriously put a pair in the cart on the dot of release time at my local and it sold out before I checked out. Why are they under producing these colorways?

Btw I eventually got my pair but this run  was severely under produced and I don't see them restocking.
[close]

Expand Quote

[close]

Positive attitude guys.  Just found another pair.  Easy peasy.  I am waiting a few though because I may buy a part for my 4Runner that takes precedence right now.  Otherwise I'll pick them and a deck up tonight. Wooooo
[close]
I'm curious, what size do you wear? Sizes 9-11 are usually gone for any shoe with built in demand within a day at all online shops I frequent.
[close]

8.5  but I've helped others find other sizes as well since a few days after initial drop.  14 was the only one I had trouble with.
I feel like I'm being gaslit unless you have a list of shops I don't know about. I'm not blaming you, more so dissapointed about my lack of skills tracking my size down.

Anyways, feel free to dm me links if you see 10.5 480 reynolds anywhere  8)

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
« Reply #7262 on: October 10, 2023, 02:27:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

I’m convinced they’re only like 20 pairs of size 14 in existence. Only saw two shops that had them. Most places stop at 13, it’s one reason I crammed my foot into that size for so many years.

But if anyone sees a site that sells them in that size please post ‘em. I need to make a list of places I can grab them from.

I swear I saw size 16 of the Reynolds on NBs site (might have been a glitch). @rothdigga what’s the largest size y’all make in Numeric 480s?

wax poetic

« Reply #7263 on: October 10, 2023, 02:35:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
I feel like I'm being gaslit unless you have a list of shops I don't know about. I'm not blaming you, more so dissapointed about my lack of skills tracking my size down.

I'll look tonight  8)

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 650
« Reply #7264 on: October 10, 2023, 02:43:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Btw what are the materials on the white/black ones?
[close]

Looks like a full smooth leather (not the nappy kind on the Reynolds) upper with the typical mesh/canvas trims. Probably a similar grain of leather on some of the 1010s
[close]
It seems like and it would make sense since usually white shoes= leather.
On a different note, does non numeric NB have a screwed up sizing too? Found some 2002R on my usual size for a nice price.
I've never had the 2002Rs but I've had a bunch of the other mainline NBs and they've all been true to size for me. I wear a 10 in most shoes and got 10s in all of them.

Underpressureflips

• Rep: 45
« Reply #7265 on: October 10, 2023, 03:08:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
We could de-rail this whole thread with 4Runner talk if you want.  I'm on my 2nd one right now, had a 2012 SR5 4x4 but upgraded to the 2021 TRD PRO when it came out.  I don't think I'll ever own a different car to be honest.
[close]

21 OR That I'm trying to build to do some mild overlanding.  If you make it out to AZ check out Westcott Designs.  Great people and products.  Open to discuss this stuff whenever.  Probably via a new thread or pm though haha.

GX or bust

mini greek

• Rep: 32
« Reply #7266 on: October 10, 2023, 03:17:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
I’m convinced they’re only like 20 pairs of size 14 in existence. Only saw two shops that had them. Most places stop at 13, it’s one reason I crammed my foot into that size for so many years.

But if anyone sees a site that sells them in that size please post ‘em. I need to make a list of places I can grab them from.

I swear I saw size 16 of the Reynolds on NBs site (might have been a glitch). @rothdigga what’s the largest size y’all make in Numeric 480s?
We make up to 15, but not in every color. And you're not wrong, was probably about 30 pairs of size 14s in the Reynolds.
Get litty.....

rothdigga

• Rep: 584
« Reply #7269 on: October 10, 2023, 04:16:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Check your DM's playboy. 

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7270 on: October 10, 2023, 04:26:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
Check your DM's playboy.
Thanks. I replied back to you. The DMs on this site confuse me a little, though. So hopefully you got it 🥴

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #7271 on: October 10, 2023, 04:27:28 PM »
You do know NB# has 🥷’s watching this thread, right?

Lets see how long these last lol

But can they shut down an eBay listing if it’s not clearly through a shop?   I’d give it a punt if I didn’t have store credit at my local hah.   

I hope $96 is the actual price.    It’s high-ish, but not triple digits which is nice

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7272 on: October 10, 2023, 04:34:41 PM »

But can they shut down an eBay listing if it’s not clearly through a shop?   I’d give it a punt if I didn’t have store credit at my local hah.   

I hope $96 is the actual price.    It’s high-ish, but not triple digits which is nice
And . . . they’re already gone 🤣

Holy shit lol

I imagine the emails go something like, “Hey, these ain’t out yet. Please take ‘em down if you want to keep doing business with us.”

I get it, though. Release dates exist for a reason.

mini greek

« Reply #7273 on: October 10, 2023, 04:42:56 PM »

Oh we can :D
And its going to be $95.
Get litty.....

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #7274 on: October 10, 2023, 04:45:30 PM »
Did anyone buy? Maybe I’ll DM you guys the link instead next time 😜

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #7275 on: October 10, 2023, 05:11:45 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Oh we can :D
And its going to be $95.

So they were price gauging.   Tsk tsk

wax poetic

« Reply #7276 on: October 10, 2023, 06:16:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
We could de-rail this whole thread with 4Runner talk if you want.  I'm on my 2nd one right now, had a 2012 SR5 4x4 but upgraded to the 2021 TRD PRO when it came out.  I don't think I'll ever own a different car to be honest.
[close]

21 OR That I'm trying to build to do some mild overlanding.  If you make it out to AZ check out Westcott Designs.  Great people and products.  Open to discuss this stuff whenever.  Probably via a new thread or pm though haha.
[close]

GX or bust

New my is pretty rad but not worth it for how I use it.  4Runner is perfect because I don't care how much the kids or the trees mark it up.  I'd probably be way more concerned with the GX.  I would like to find some NX red leather seats for my 4R though.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 313
« Reply #7277 on: October 10, 2023, 06:57:08 PM »
$95!!! Fuck yeah. I can do that.

wax poetic

« Reply #7278 on: October 10, 2023, 07:09:12 PM »

Fuck ... I found a pair ... then realized I was on a Canadian site ...

https://thedriveshop.ca/collections/footwear/products/new-balance-480-andrew-reynolds-brown?variant=41034009411667

I'll look more later, heading to play Yoshi with my daughter before she goes to bed.

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #7279 on: October 10, 2023, 07:13:53 PM »
just another 10.5'er chiming in to say, i feel the pain

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1341
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #7280 on: October 10, 2023, 07:33:07 PM »
just another 10.5'er chiming in to say, i feel the pain
I got a pair but I knew if I didn't double up then it probably wasn't gonna happen. I kinda wanted other people to try em anyway. Maybe on the reup but I'm still wearing the orange browns anyway.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7281 on: October 10, 2023, 11:33:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
Check your DM's playboy.
[close]
Thanks. I replied back to you. The DMs on this site confuse me a little, though. So hopefully you got it 🥴
DMs in here sucks. You never know if they went through.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Democratic Republic Of Mongo

• Rep: 128
« Reply #7282 on: October 11, 2023, 12:53:13 AM »
just another 10.5”er chiming in to say, i feel the pain

It’s you that feels the pain?

But yeah I got them right at midnight and they were all gone a little after 2am

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7283 on: October 11, 2023, 07:31:47 AM »
I’ll keep an eye out for 10.5. Saw some a week or so ago. NB# tagged a list of shops on their IG when the first colorways came out. That’s how I found some. Just had to check each shop to see if they had online stores. Some don’t show up in Google searches for some reason 😕

E

• Rep: 11
« Reply #7284 on: October 11, 2023, 08:14:38 AM »
Here for the 4Runner talk!

My first car was a 1999 Silver, upgraded to a 2003 eventually and I'm currently driving a 2012 limited. I also hope to never drive another vehicle, they're the best.

Olympus Mons

• Rep: 15
  • VX1000
« Reply #7285 on: October 11, 2023, 08:43:52 AM »
Just wanted to offer this here first. I have a pair of size 8 480s in the boss colorway. Unfortunately I don't like how they fit. I bounce between 1010s and 440s. If anyone's interested in taking the boss 480s off my hands, feel free to shoot me a dm.

Edit: I can post photos, but I've only worn them around the house, and I think outside maybe once. Never skated. Essentially brand new.
Is there any money in skateboarding film anymore?
I dunno about money, but the fun is boomin.

rothdigga

• Rep: 584
« Reply #7286 on: October 11, 2023, 09:26:08 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
And . . . they’re already gone 🤣

Holy shit lol

I imagine the emails go something like, “Hey, these ain’t out yet. Please take ‘em down if you want to keep doing business with us.”

I get it, though. Release dates exist for a reason.
Just an FYI...that Ebay account didn't actually have the shoes in hand.  He had them up early as he had the imagery but we hadn't even shipped them out to shops yet.  So...you could have ordered but you still wouldn't have got the shoes until probably right at the launch date. 

LebowskisRug

« Reply #7287 on: October 11, 2023, 10:14:06 AM »
Anyone skate the 288 compared to the 440 and 1010 and have comments? I naively lowballed someone online and they sold me the Jack Curtain colorway for $42.50

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7288 on: October 11, 2023, 10:24:01 AM »
struggling to decide on white or black 480s
can only do one and i mostly skate black pants
any opinions?
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #7289 on: October 11, 2023, 10:31:13 AM »
struggling to decide on white or black 480s
can only do one and i mostly skate black pants
any opinions?
White my man
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.