Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 798090 times)

Tiltmode Army Reservist

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 22
  • RIP Ben Raemers
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #8640 on: February 27, 2024, 04:53:58 PM »
DM/PM me your sizes and then come by the tent at Phoenix AM and I'll get you guys a box for the squad (or meet me at the park).  You're all representing in the video hard!

The word "hero" gets thrown around a lot these days, but rothdigga is a superhero.
RIP Ben Raemers

dstrytruitt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 111
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #8641 on: February 27, 2024, 05:04:13 PM »
Expand Quote
I'm turning 30 this year and the rest of the dudes are 40+. Heres the crew. We need a NB# sponsor lol.

https://www.instagram.com/olmanminivannin/
[close]
DM/PM me your sizes and then come by the tent at Phoenix AM and I'll get you guys a box for the squad (or meet me at the park).  You're all representing in the video hard!

This rules all the way around!!

marcusbutler

• Rep: 40
« Reply #8642 on: February 27, 2024, 05:21:18 PM »
Expand Quote
I'm turning 30 this year and the rest of the dudes are 40+. Heres the crew. We need a NB# sponsor lol.

[close]
Unreal brother. I shot you a PM.
We rode 7.5's" and didn't complain.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8643 on: February 27, 2024, 05:22:43 PM »
slap flow is the way to go
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #8644 on: February 27, 2024, 05:31:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The word "hero" gets thrown around a lot these days, but rothdigga is a superhero.

Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

rikki

• Rep: 299
« Reply #8645 on: February 27, 2024, 11:09:29 PM »

Good stuff on the 'Gram, reminds me of my old ass crew. It's all about the fun. Plus I've turned more and more peeps onto NB#'s as of late.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8646 on: February 27, 2024, 11:12:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Made my day. Stoked for them!
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

rikki

• Rep: 299
« Reply #8647 on: February 27, 2024, 11:44:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Agreed. Much respect. This is how a brand should be managed.

dstrytruitt

« Reply #8648 on: February 28, 2024, 02:37:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Agreed. Much respect. This is how a brand should be managed.

Absolutely! Stoked to be wearing them myself! Glad to have you here as always, @rothdigga

marcusbutler

« Reply #8649 on: February 28, 2024, 03:39:07 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Good stuff on the 'Gram, reminds me of my old ass crew. It's all about the fun. Plus I've turned more and more peeps onto NB#'s as of late.

The boys put me on NB# as well. Everyone was wearing em. I went on an indiana trip last year wearing GT blazers. I had such bad heel bruises on both feet and my toes were killing me. I tried a pair of 440's and was stuck on them.

danmasontree

• Rep: 16
« Reply #8650 on: February 28, 2024, 05:14:51 PM »
Has anyone skated the numeric 574’s?

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
« Reply #8651 on: February 28, 2024, 06:22:26 PM »

I don’t need more 480s. I don’t need more 480s. I don’t need more 480s. I don’t need more. . . 🥵

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #8652 on: February 28, 2024, 07:05:56 PM »

I don’t need more 480s. I don’t need more 480s. I don’t need more 480s. I don’t need more. . . 🥵
you don’t. Those yellows already showing some toe creasing/buckling and the laces are pretty loud.

marcusbutler

« Reply #8653 on: February 29, 2024, 12:01:43 AM »

Damn, I thought these were just the regular 480's and not the SB's. The blues don't look that bad.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #8654 on: February 29, 2024, 01:38:11 AM »
I still don't lose hope that one day we'll get a nice Slap 440 V2 CW.
Just imagine, a light grey shoe with red sole like that Knox 440,  orange N, little yellow heel detail, some blue on the tongue
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8655 on: February 29, 2024, 02:10:00 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
you don’t. Those yellows already showing some toe creasing/buckling and the laces are pretty loud.
I like the grey/blue ones. But I wonder how they’ll hold up with that mesh toebox. Think he said it’s reinforced. But I imagine the top layer would rip easily.

rothdigga

• Rep: 584
« Reply #8656 on: February 29, 2024, 10:15:23 AM »
Just imagine, a light grey shoe with red sole like that Knox 440,  orange N, little yellow heel detail, some blue on the tongue
This has been discussed and I had something planned for it years back but it never materialized.  But keep the faith and one day maybe our dream will be fulfilled.  Fulfill the dream if you will....

flintstagram

• Rep: 84
« Reply #8657 on: February 29, 2024, 05:35:32 PM »
Anyone else feel like cushioning is different in the first 480# colorways compared to the others. The Boss colorway was great, and the blue and white leather (1st release) are decent, but the soles do feel harder and thinner than the BOSS and the Beef/broccoli colorways even though I’ve worn them a ton. I’ve picked up all but the orange/white and the white/black, and they’ve all felt more cushioned than the blue/white.

Maybe I’m just weird, maybe the cushion is better in the later releases. Anyone got similar experiences, or am I a weirdo? The 480s are my favorite numeric release to date.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8658 on: February 29, 2024, 06:12:24 PM »
Anyone else feel like cushioning is different in the first 480# colorways compared to the others. The Boss colorway was great, and the blue and white leather (1st release) are decent, but the soles do feel harder and thinner than the BOSS and the Beef/broccoli colorways even though I’ve worn them a ton. I’ve picked up all but the orange/white and the white/black, and they’ve all felt more cushioned than the blue/white.

Maybe I’m just weird, maybe the cushion is better in the later releases. Anyone got similar experiences, or am I a weirdo? The 480s are my favorite numeric release to date.
You’re not crazy. There’s something going on with the BOS ones. I’ve worn them non-stop for months and they still feel amazing. I’ve tried to retire them twice but I can’t when they refuse to break down 😅

The White/Black ones feel similar though. But I do think the first two colors are the worse construction wise (not sure about the re-release ones).

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #8659 on: February 29, 2024, 11:56:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
This has been discussed and I had something planned for it years back but it never materialized.  But keep the faith and one day maybe our dream will be fulfilled.  Fulfill the dream if you will....
I can see light at the end of the tunnel and that's enough ^^
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #8660 on: March 01, 2024, 12:31:30 PM »
I kinda feel like the 440 high tricked me, I was thinking the high top would give me more support but that whole panel being mesh really doesn’t do much. Gonna have to try the 480 high next

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #8661 on: March 01, 2024, 02:49:19 PM »
Got my 440 Highs yesterday. Based on the feedback in here, I was expecting a lot less cushioning than maybe I was thinking it would have...wrong.

Feels like way more in the forefoot than the OG 440. I really like these a lot! I especially like how they are to look at when I am looking down at my feet on the board. That's an important thing for me because I am deeply superficial.

Cannot wait for some more colors in these.

dstrytruitt

« Reply #8662 on: March 01, 2024, 03:29:14 PM »
Good on foot look at the gray/blue trail 480:

https://youtu.be/6fx22CMB6qY?si=JUIplDBOFZCviGYK

Couldn’t figure out how to embed. Sorry
« Last Edit: March 01, 2024, 03:36:48 PM by dstrytruitt »

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #8663 on: March 01, 2024, 05:57:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
I can see light at the end of the tunnel and that's enough ^^

@410 could work his magic on this
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

malevy

• Rep: 10
« Reply #8664 on: March 03, 2024, 06:01:38 PM »
Been feeling nostalgic lately and want to try the 533 since I wasn't skating when they first dropped. I normally wear a 12 in an Adidas Busenitz so wondering if I should go TTS or size up to a 13 (don't believe there was ever a 12.5 produced).

Any help is appreciated!

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #8665 on: March 03, 2024, 07:07:30 PM »
Been feeling nostalgic lately and want to try the 533 since I wasn't skating when they first dropped. I normally wear a 12 in an Adidas Busenitz so wondering if I should go TTS or size up to a 13 (don't believe there was ever a 12.5 produced).

Any help is appreciated!

If you can still find the 533 (been discontinued for over 6 years), it's well known to go at least 0.5 up, most went a full 1.0 up. 533v2 was 0.5 up, though.
Super Champion Fun Zone

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #8666 on: March 04, 2024, 12:39:03 AM »
Expand Quote

Any help is appreciated!
[close]

If you can still find the 533 (been discontinued for over 6 years), it's well known to go at least 0.5 up, most went a full 1.0 up. 533v2 was 0.5 up, though.
I had 533V2 and +.5 is the way to go
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

malevy

• Rep: 10
« Reply #8667 on: March 04, 2024, 03:07:03 AM »
Expand Quote

Any help is appreciated!
[close]

Thanks!

professional

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
« Reply #8668 on: March 04, 2024, 08:34:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
I like the grey/blue ones. But I wonder how they’ll hold up with that mesh toebox. Think he said it’s reinforced. But I imagine the top layer would rip easily.

Have any Euro pals seen the blue pair for sale online yet?

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1017
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #8669 on: March 04, 2024, 11:27:49 AM »
Good on foot look at the gray/blue trail 480:

https://youtu.be/6fx22CMB6qY?si=JUIplDBOFZCviGYK

Couldn’t figure out how to embed. Sorry

The gray / blue is pretty sick (thankfully they provide regular laces); the scuffing is going to looks sick once it's all beat-up.