Author Topic: Rad rat and Kelly/nine club beef  (Read 16886 times)

radcunt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
Re: Rad rat and Kelly/nine club beef
« Reply #150 on: November 09, 2021, 04:55:56 AM »
Youtube beefs for clicks are fuckin lame as shit.

headtowall

• Rep: -12
« Reply #151 on: November 09, 2021, 06:12:25 AM »
well thank god that has been resolved

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1151
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #152 on: November 09, 2021, 08:20:07 AM »

PHEW!  I can finally unclench my cheeks.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Sid Farkus - Bra Salesman

• Rep: 30
« Reply #153 on: November 09, 2021, 08:53:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

PHEW!  I can finally unclench my cheeks.
I was hoping for a Three O'Clock High situation
Free Charlie Rambo

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -602
  • who knows
« Reply #154 on: November 09, 2021, 10:32:17 AM »
I can't back anyone over the age of 11 that makes any video about laser flips
where is home?

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2267
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #155 on: November 09, 2021, 12:06:27 PM »
I was hoping for a Three O'Clock High situation

Don't fuck this up Rad Rat!!!

butterballs for jerry

• Rep: -56
« Reply #156 on: November 09, 2021, 12:21:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Skate competitions with judges has always seemed strange to me. I mean it does push people to land crazy shit and is generally a good excuse to gather the community, but skating has so many options as far as tricks go that it just seems crazy to put numbers on them. Games of skate, sure, that's more or less cut and dry.
[close]

Its not the number its the technicality of the tricks.  Like in gifted haters video scoring Shane a 7.4 for a nollie nosegrind, nollie flip out was just wrong from the judges

I mean like the number of possible tricks you could do on a rail/ledge/down stairs

Say someone does a nollie front shove it fs feeble down a rail. Who has seen that trick before? How would you judge that? You've never seen anyone try it, and most likely have never tried it before. Maybe it's harder than a kickflip back noseblunt? What is the score?

Not to mention Kelly Hart has skated like 2 handrails, who is he to judge the difficulty of handrail tricks?

It's all pretty silly, and it's why I don't really care who wins contests

I was standing staring at the world, and I still can't see it

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #157 on: November 09, 2021, 12:22:41 PM »
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #158 on: November 09, 2021, 12:29:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Skate competitions with judges has always seemed strange to me. I mean it does push people to land crazy shit and is generally a good excuse to gather the community, but skating has so many options as far as tricks go that it just seems crazy to put numbers on them. Games of skate, sure, that's more or less cut and dry.
[close]

Its not the number its the technicality of the tricks.  Like in gifted haters video scoring Shane a 7.4 for a nollie nosegrind, nollie flip out was just wrong from the judges
[close]

I mean like the number of possible tricks you could do on a rail/ledge/down stairs

Say someone does a nollie front shove it fs feeble down a rail. Who has seen that trick before? How would you judge that? You've never seen anyone try it, and most likely have never tried it before. Maybe it's harder than a kickflip back noseblunt? What is the score?

Not to mention Kelly Hart has skated like 2 handrails, who is he to judge the difficulty of handrail tricks?

Some of us like watching contest skaters,  Went to the early Xgames when SF hosted, I still enjoy tampa as well.  The technicality of tricks like Jaime Foys crazy ass blunt is insane, and these days I love it being an older dude
but a nollie shove fs feeble sounds kind of gross, not sure I'd rock with that at a contest.

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -199
« Reply #159 on: November 09, 2021, 12:51:37 PM »
Rad Rat's skate expertise seems 100% based on solo Internet research. I appreciate that he digs in, but his perspective is extremely limited because there's no experience to back up the knowledge. He also seems to mainly skate flatground by himself in his driveway. Get out there, Rad Rat!

This dudes more interested in playing games than actually skating now. He can't be that old or busy

butterballs for jerry

• Rep: -56
« Reply #160 on: November 09, 2021, 12:53:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Some of us like watching contest skaters,  Went to the early Xgames when SF hosted, I still enjoy tampa as well.  The technicality of tricks like Jaime Foys crazy ass blunt is insane, and these days I love it being an older dude
but a nollie shove fs feeble sounds kind of gross, not sure I'd rock with that at a contest.

I love watching contests after they've been uploaded to youtube and I can skip to the tricks, never been to one in person in the past 20 years

the nollie shove feeble was just a trick I'd never seen that could potentially be really hard. I'm just trying to say that judging skate tricks isn't nearly as straightforward as other judged competitions, so I don't put much stock in the podium placings

I wish they would just get rid of the run section in street league. wasn't the first street league just a stairset, a ledge and a bump to rail with no ramps so everyone had to run and throw down to get speed for anything? THAT was street league
I was standing staring at the world, and I still can't see it

KUberry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #161 on: November 09, 2021, 01:10:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I love watching contests after they've been uploaded to youtube and I can skip to the tricks, never been to one in person in the past 20 years

the nollie shove feeble was just a trick I'd never seen that could potentially be really hard. I'm just trying to say that judging skate tricks isn't nearly as straightforward as other judged competitions, so I don't put much stock in the podium placings

I wish they would just get rid of the run section in street league. wasn't the first street league just a stairset, a ledge and a bump to rail with no ramps so everyone had to run and throw down to get speed for anything? THAT was street league

Or like when Gustavo Ribeiro got a 9.4 for 360 flip noseblunt at the Salt Lake Street League to beat Nyjah by .1
Even though 7 years ago Chris Cole did it better, down a bigger rail and scored a 9.3 in an old SLS contest. Then Nyjah got an 8.9 for a cab flip back lip.

Yeah, judging is fucked.

LloydBrün

• Rep: 14
« Reply #162 on: November 09, 2021, 03:49:10 PM »
Rad Rat looked like he recently had a cry. 

chrisskates808

« Reply #163 on: November 09, 2021, 10:59:07 PM »
Expand Quote
I'm not gonna be upset if someone talks shit on a youtuber. Comes with the territory when you try to gain notoriety in skateboarding without paying the legitimate dues.
[close]

He’s a skate nerd with a YouTube channel talking skate nerd shit.  It’s not like he’s trying to barge into the industry Remive style.

Long time ago, wasn't rad rat used to be called aron l? that dude was making how to tricks

Oldasfuck69

• Rep: -4
« Reply #164 on: November 09, 2021, 11:40:08 PM »
let’s be completely honest here. Kelly comes off as a nice dude, but when it comes to the guests, he is a dickrider. always has been. when the guest is on he’s on all fours choking on them and anything they say is “sick!!!!” so of course the topic came up and he shit on radrat to uplift chris haslam. i don’t think it’s that deep. crob on the other hand, who cares.

Yes but we gotta agree that if we were interviewing our hero’s we would probs do the fuckin same.

Doom patrol

• Rep: 70
« Reply #165 on: November 10, 2021, 12:18:50 AM »
I'm just glad this volotile powder keg of a situation has been resolved without violence.

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #166 on: November 10, 2021, 12:57:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Rad Rat's skate expertise seems 100% based on solo Internet research. I appreciate that he digs in, but his perspective is extremely limited because there's no experience to back up the knowledge. He also seems to mainly skate flatground by himself in his driveway. Get out there, Rad Rat!
[close]

This dudes more interested in playing games than actually skating now. He can't be that old or busy

He has a long lasting injury he said
check my music

splog

• Rep: -4
« Reply #167 on: November 10, 2021, 01:19:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm not gonna be upset if someone talks shit on a youtuber. Comes with the territory when you try to gain notoriety in skateboarding without paying the legitimate dues.
[close]

He’s a skate nerd with a YouTube channel talking skate nerd shit.  It’s not like he’s trying to barge into the industry Remive style.
[close]

Long time ago, wasn't rad rat used to be called aron l? that dude was making how to tricks
yep, way back he made trick tutorials when he was like a teenager. The channel is gone but he has referenced it a few times and has posted footage from it