Author Topic: Rad rat and Kelly/nine club beef  (Read 16987 times)

sizzle_chest

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -12
  • Kookin' Ain't Easy
Re: Rad rat and Kelly/nine club beef
« Reply #120 on: November 06, 2021, 01:34:55 PM »
Laser flips   1
Dorks          0

left knee cap

• Rep: 117
  • $$$$
« Reply #121 on: November 06, 2021, 05:33:44 PM »
i love doing laser flips

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1140
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #122 on: November 06, 2021, 06:19:00 PM »
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Ray C. Usery

• Rep: 179
  • My brother Roy is into music
« Reply #123 on: November 06, 2021, 08:11:47 PM »
All I want to know is who's got them Quinoa flips

TrainWreck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
« Reply #124 on: November 07, 2021, 04:54:35 AM »

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1572
« Reply #125 on: November 07, 2021, 10:48:20 AM »
I scrolled down to the bottom of this page real fast and all the info my brain registered because of that video thumbnail was "RAD NINE ballz".

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #126 on: November 07, 2021, 11:15:22 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Once again, on point!
I always thought kids watching YouTube game streamers were weirdos. Realized we are the ultimate weirdos for watching stuff like this. Inception   

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #127 on: November 07, 2021, 01:54:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Imagine several middle-aged men arguing about laser flips.

What even is skateboarding these days? A tragic.
[close]

Yeah imagine if there was an internet message board exactly like this...would be a tragic for sure.

Winner.

HowMakeBoardFlip

• Rep: -4
« Reply #128 on: November 07, 2021, 03:27:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Once again, on point!
[close]
I always thought kids watching YouTube game streamers were weirdos. Realized we are the ultimate weirdos for watching stuff like this. Inception

I think we're like...5 levels deep into the metaverse now? First RadRat vid -> 9club response -> RadRat reaction to 9club response -> GiftedHater reaction to RadRat reaction of 9club response -> Slap response to the whole thing

TheDingus

« Reply #129 on: November 07, 2021, 03:29:36 PM »
Imagine being so sensitive that being called a dork somehow triggers you.

Grim Deeds

• Rep: 11
« Reply #130 on: November 07, 2021, 03:52:28 PM »
Rad Rat's skate expertise seems 100% based on solo Internet research. I appreciate that he digs in, but his perspective is extremely limited because there's no experience to back up the knowledge. He also seems to mainly skate flatground by himself in his driveway. Get out there, Rad Rat!

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 344
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #131 on: November 08, 2021, 09:30:26 AM »
Rad Rat's skate expertise seems 100% based on solo Internet research. I appreciate that he digs in, but his perspective is extremely limited because there's no experience to back up the knowledge. He also seems to mainly skate flatground by himself in his driveway. Get out there, Rad Rat!

I have gotten this impression myself from him. It's cool because he typically has a fresh perspective compared to most other skaters but he sometimes comes off like he isn't immersed in the same skate culture that I am. That's not a bad thing but I'll watch some videos he has and at the end wonder to myself "how did he reach that conclusion?"

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #132 on: November 08, 2021, 09:37:55 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Once again, on point!

I actually like how he goes off on the SLS judging for half the video after Kelly's dumb comment

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2260
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #133 on: November 08, 2021, 10:01:35 AM »
Under-cooked, unsalted, weak beef.
Yup.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

TheDingus

« Reply #134 on: November 08, 2021, 10:25:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Once again, on point!
[close]

I actually like how he goes off on the SLS judging for half the video after Kelly's dumb comment

Kelly’s comment wasn’t dumb. It was 100% accurate.

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #135 on: November 08, 2021, 10:28:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Once again, on point!
[close]

could see this getting a big reaction cuz anytime anyone brings up judging on the show Kelly gets super defensive about it.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1572
« Reply #136 on: November 08, 2021, 10:31:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I have gotten this impression myself from him. It's cool because he typically has a fresh perspective compared to most other skaters but he sometimes comes off like he isn't immersed in the same skate culture that I am. That's not a bad thing but I'll watch some videos he has and at the end wonder to myself "how did he reach that conclusion?"

I've been familiar with Aron/Rad Rat since way before he started his podcast thing, back in the early naughts he was all over the place on skate message boards. IIRC he literally grew up in a farm in the middle of nowhere in complete disconnection with everything. Which is something I really respect because that's the majority of skateboarders (whether or not some of them will admit it) and while he may be off on some stuff, he's at least trying to put everything together and doing a decent job at skate vulgarization if I may call it that, when it could be way more dishonest people filling in that niche. He helped me learn crooked grinds 15 years ago and got me a wheel hook-up around that time too, just because he could. Genuine dude who used to do kickflip late shove-its out of primo on the only small patch of concrete he had to skate. Maybe he should have traveled more, but I can also understand isolation. Haven't talked to him in over a decade, which kind of sucks.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #137 on: November 08, 2021, 10:37:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Once again, on point!
[close]

[close]

could see this getting a big reaction cuz anytime anyone brings up judging on the show Kelly gets super defensive about it.

Funny how even Geoff called out the judging.   But yea even Manny talked to Kelly about his olympic run before he skated to see how Kelly would score it.... ???

HowMakeBoardFlip

« Reply #138 on: November 08, 2021, 10:53:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Once again, on point!
[close]

[close]

[close]

Funny how even Geoff called out the judging.   But yea even Manny talked to Kelly about his olympic run before he skated to see how Kelly would score it.... ???

What did he ask? From what I recall Manny was trying cool shit in the Olympics but didn't actually land anything, would be interesting if that strategy was from the "go big or don't even bother" mindset....not that it's really secret insider-info at this point.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #139 on: November 08, 2021, 11:56:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Once again, on point!
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

What did he ask? From what I recall Manny was trying cool shit in the Olympics but didn't actually land anything, would be interesting if that strategy was from the "go big or don't even bother" mindset....not that it's really secret insider-info at this point.

He asks kelly what he was score a run with these tricks as a line if he was the judge,  forget where in the convo but its in here

butterballs for jerry

• Rep: -56
« Reply #140 on: November 08, 2021, 12:54:02 PM »
Skate competitions with judges has always seemed strange to me. I mean it does push people to land crazy shit and is generally a good excuse to gather the community, but skating has so many options as far as tricks go that it just seems crazy to put numbers on them. Games of skate, sure, that's more or less cut and dry.
I was standing staring at the world, and I still can't see it

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #141 on: November 08, 2021, 01:00:19 PM »
Skate competitions with judges has always seemed strange to me. I mean it does push people to land crazy shit and is generally a good excuse to gather the community, but skating has so many options as far as tricks go that it just seems crazy to put numbers on them. Games of skate, sure, that's more or less cut and dry.

Its not the number its the technicality of the tricks.  Like in gifted haters video scoring Shane a 7.4 for a nollie nosegrind, nollie flip out was just wrong from the judges

Loki700

• Rep: 78
« Reply #142 on: November 08, 2021, 05:26:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Once again, on point!
[close]

[close]

Kelly’s comment wasn’t dumb. It was 100% accurate.
Shut up dork.
teslas are the longboards of automobiles

OldSkater

• Rep: -49
« Reply #143 on: November 08, 2021, 06:50:29 PM »

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #144 on: November 08, 2021, 07:21:31 PM »

Fuck DM'ing like a man, it's youtube response like a man from now on.

For real though, this wasn't even an issue. I think Rad Rat was just a bit starstruck and embarrassed.

Lord Viper Scorpion

« Reply #145 on: November 08, 2021, 07:21:40 PM »
i'm not watching that

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
« Reply #146 on: November 08, 2021, 07:36:42 PM »
"Rad Rat" is one of the stupidest self-given nicknames that I can think of. I assume it's self-given?
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 370
« Reply #147 on: November 08, 2021, 08:05:06 PM »
"Rad Rat" is one of the stupidest self-given nicknames that I can think of. I assume it's self-given?

Phelps gave it to him

23shinseal

• Rep: -15
« Reply #148 on: November 09, 2021, 12:27:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Phelps gave it to him
fuck yes!!

HowMakeBoardFlip

« Reply #149 on: November 09, 2021, 01:05:29 AM »

Never heard of the guy before reading this thread, but probably safe to assume anyone rocking this 80s-doritos-vibe logo isn't taking themselves too seriously.