Author Topic: Asics Containment Thread  (Read 23364 times)

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 792
Re: Asics Containment Thread
« Reply #240 on: December 13, 2023, 03:41:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Some simple feedback is keep some basic colors in rotation. It's annoying wanting a basic ass black shoe and most shops get a single pair and sell them on the site and they sell out immediately. These shouldn't be harder to get than a basic SB Dunk.
[close]

Totally valid point and it’s being addressed. We do have a period where the shop can’t sell online, obviously to try and let the locals get first dibs. Alas, I worked for SB for almost 20 years, so I’m all too aware of your pain. Thanks for the note and trust it’s being worked on.
[close]
Any plans on more original designs like the Vic NBD or the Flexkee in the near future? I really dig the skate revamps of classics, but it would be cool to see more original skate shoes as well. (Also give us a skate version of the GSM please)
[close]

Flexkee 2.0 drops in March. Then we launch the Gel Splyte (Gel Lyte III inspired) in May. I actually brought up the GSM this week and that sounds like it will take some time, if even possible.

isn't the gsm pretty much the same shoe as the japan but with onitsuka tiger instead of asics on the tongue? i know there are some other slight design differences but having skate versions of both is kinda unnecessary i think

gsm

japan

Grand Saber

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #241 on: December 13, 2023, 11:08:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Some simple feedback is keep some basic colors in rotation. It's annoying wanting a basic ass black shoe and most shops get a single pair and sell them on the site and they sell out immediately. These shouldn't be harder to get than a basic SB Dunk.
[close]

Totally valid point and it’s being addressed. We do have a period where the shop can’t sell online, obviously to try and let the locals get first dibs. Alas, I worked for SB for almost 20 years, so I’m all too aware of your pain. Thanks for the note and trust it’s being worked on.
[close]
Any plans on more original designs like the Vic NBD or the Flexkee in the near future? I really dig the skate revamps of classics, but it would be cool to see more original skate shoes as well. (Also give us a skate version of the GSM please)
[close]

Flexkee 2.0 drops in March. Then we launch the Gel Splyte (Gel Lyte III inspired) in May. I actually brought up the GSM this week and that sounds like it will take some time, if even possible.
[close]

isn't the gsm pretty much the same shoe as the japan but with onitsuka tiger instead of asics on the tongue? i know there are some other slight design differences but having skate versions of both is kinda unnecessary i think

gsm

japan

I am currently skating some GSM's that I had laying around and have skated the Japan Pro 3 times now. The GSM is a bit slimmer, the toe is not as raised, and has a thinner sole. I like them both, but they skated a little different and noticed my flip tricks were a little sharper on the GSM.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1101
« Reply #242 on: December 24, 2023, 07:38:54 PM »

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 622
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #243 on: December 25, 2023, 05:45:38 AM »
When does the Asics Skate Line launch in Europe, Germany specifically? I would like to try the Japan shoe.
IG: @flowterspace

yghartsyrt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 234
« Reply #244 on: December 27, 2023, 01:27:39 PM »
When does the Asics Skate Line launch in Europe, Germany specifically? I would like to try the Japan shoe.

a couple of pages ago, i was told summer 2024

GumOnMyGrip

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rep: 232
« Reply #245 on: December 28, 2023, 12:23:29 PM »

Gel Vickka is better than the Japan IMO. Better feel and durability.

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #246 on: December 30, 2023, 07:19:27 PM »
Skated a pair of orange Vickkas I got from Japan off eBay around the time they launched Asics in the US and they were some of the best shoes I've ever skated. Just grabbed the new black/black (more of a grey) ones and the fit feels a bit different and like they're running a half size smaller. Wondering if they switched things up or it was just normal production variance or whatever 

wheee!

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 749
« Reply #247 on: December 30, 2023, 08:30:36 PM »
Finally caved and bought a pair of the Japan Pro.  Been skating only Fastbreaks for a while but I’m looking forward to throwing them into the rotation. Anyone like or dislike those?

Mmmdonutss94

• Rep: -8
  • Louisville Lip
« Reply #248 on: January 05, 2024, 02:33:53 PM »
Skated a pair of orange Vickkas I got from Japan off eBay around the time they launched Asics in the US and they were some of the best shoes I've ever skated. Just grabbed the new black/black (more of a grey) ones and the fit feels a bit different and like they're running a half size smaller. Wondering if they switched things up or it was just normal production variance or whatever

I actually feel the opposite, I bought the same ones from black sheep and they feel narrow and a little long on the toes. I purchased a size 10 and usually wear a size 10 in everything aside from the original Tyshawn’s, Tiago 1010 and GT blazers which I wear a 9.5

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 749
« Reply #249 on: January 07, 2024, 10:56:40 AM »
Finally caved and bought a pair of the Japan Pro.  Been skating only Fastbreaks for a while but I’m looking forward to throwing them into the rotation. Anyone like or dislike those?

Update: skated the Japan Pros a couple times.  Went TTS, they feel good.  A little stiff out of the box and the rubber of the sole feels kind of hard (at least compared to the Fastbreaks I’ve been skating recently).  Overall they’ve been enjoyable to skate as they’re breaking in more.  Somewhat of a Dunk low feel with a less rounded toe. 

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #250 on: January 30, 2024, 09:43:02 PM »
been wanting to try the shoes but they arent in canada yet.
im a tough size for shoes in general, a 7 us for most brands. but 6.5 fits in the japan pro and gel vickka.

the japan straight up fits and feels like i want a dunk to fit, tried dunks over the years and they never feel grippy enough. the japan feels sooo grippy, going to skate the vickka first, i skated the the busenitz for over 10 years and this is like a less rampy, less stitchy version. probably the best flicking shoe.

also got the gel flexkee, definitely different but the build quality is there. theres a super subtle asics logo on the rubber toe piece which is cool, seems like a crazy durable shoe.

Dad Board

« Reply #251 on: January 30, 2024, 11:52:30 PM »

I had a similar experience with the Vickkas. The first pair were the black and whites from the first drop and they were one of, if not the best shoe I’d ever skated in. I loved them and they lasted about 2 weeks longer than the average NB# or adidas that I’d usually skate. The second pair were the midnight purple with the black sole and the sizing felt different, almost like a half size too big. Not nearly as snug and comfy as the first. They also tore up way faster even though I skate almost the same amount of time each week. For the price tag + shipping I can’t justify another pair for a while and tbh I’m not super interested in any other model they’re currently offering.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #252 on: January 31, 2024, 06:18:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I had a similar experience with the Vickkas. The first pair were the black and whites from the first drop and they were one of, if not the best shoe I’d ever skated in. I loved them and they lasted about 2 weeks longer than the average NB# or adidas that I’d usually skate. The second pair were the midnight purple with the black sole and the sizing felt different, almost like a half size too big. Not nearly as snug and comfy as the first. They also tore up way faster even though I skate almost the same amount of time each week. For the price tag + shipping I can’t justify another pair for a while and tbh I’m not super interested in any other model they’re currently offering.

this is a bummer.
i didn’t have this same experience, with asics, but i’ve had it several times, over the years. nike, adidas, and nb have all given me a similar feeling: shoe that was amazing, and then a subsequent pair being noticeably less good.
i’m curious as to how it happens.

GumOnMyGrip

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rep: 232
« Reply #253 on: January 31, 2024, 02:54:33 PM »
 ;)
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

this is a bummer.
i didn’t have this same experience, with asics, but i’ve had it several times, over the years. nike, adidas, and nb have all given me a similar feeling: shoe that was amazing, and then a subsequent pair being noticeably less good.
i’m curious as to how it happens.

I think it’s the sole. I had two pairs of the light blue vickkas and the midnight purple/ black sole is waaaay stiffer. The shoe didn’t mold to my foot the way the light blue ones did.  I’ll keep getting them but staying away from black soles.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 03:26:15 PM by GumOnMyGrip »

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #254 on: January 31, 2024, 02:57:55 PM »
Any news on them coming to Canada? Also interested in trying out a couple pairs.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2272
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #255 on: January 31, 2024, 03:05:25 PM »
Any news on them coming to Canada? Also interested in trying out a couple pairs.

Had a zoom call about it for the shop today. Select shops will be getting some hopefully around June/July.

Dad Board

« Reply #256 on: January 31, 2024, 09:37:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Had a zoom call about it for the shop today. Select shops will be getting some hopefully around June/July.

Would you happen to know why they haven’t got any of the major online skate retailers? My locals don’t have them and paying $15-20 for shipping from a skateshop across the country hurts. Was hoping tactics or SW would have them in by now

banksandledges

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #257 on: February 04, 2024, 06:34:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Would you happen to know why they haven’t got any of the major online skate retailers? My locals don’t have them and paying $15-20 for shipping from a skateshop across the country hurts. Was hoping tactics or SW would have them in by now

No majors right now. We’re trying to keep it to small shops that are active in their communities. I would try Premier or SPOT. Where are you located?

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #258 on: February 14, 2024, 11:41:15 AM »
Saw that Cassette Skateshop is carrying Asics now, and soon on their online store.  Stoked for @MOE SYZLAK and will definitely try to get mine there when I grab some.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 837
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #259 on: February 14, 2024, 11:50:49 AM »
Saw that Cassette Skateshop is carrying Asics now, and soon on their online store.  Stoked for @MOE SYZLAK and will definitely try to get mine there when I grab some.
Dope! They will be up on the site the 16th

overwaxed

• Rep: 92
« Reply #260 on: February 14, 2024, 12:07:49 PM »
I grabbed some vickkas and japans from blue flowers during their bogo sale. I've skated the vickkas so far, and they're pretty great - similar to NB# 440s, nice thin cupsole - the flick took some adjustment from the half cabs I'd been skating prior. I think I'll like the Japans even more.

Banned from the room

« Reply #261 on: February 14, 2024, 06:53:43 PM »
The Japan looks good.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 837
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #262 on: February 23, 2024, 07:35:34 AM »
https://www.cassetteskateshop.com/search?q=asics&options%5Bprefix%5D=last

I updated the shipping cost on the Asics to a $5 flat rate.
Note *the rate will not work when combined with other items.
Thanks Pals ❤️- Moe

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #263 on: February 23, 2024, 02:50:47 PM »
We just got opened for Asics, also do free shipping over $99
light on sizes but just re ordered so should have more soon
https://www.35thave.com/shop/Shoes/Asics.htm

europa1991

• Rep: 59
« Reply #264 on: February 23, 2024, 04:56:57 PM »
Anyone here get the Aaron Pros? Found some in my size on sale but I haven’t heard much talk about em

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #265 on: February 23, 2024, 09:07:19 PM »
Anyone here get the Aaron Pros? Found some in my size on sale but I haven’t heard much talk about em
BTurner seems to like them.

I really looking forward to these coming to Australia,
But damn it seems like forever

banksandledges

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #266 on: February 24, 2024, 06:13:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
BTurner seems to like them.

I really looking forward to these coming to Australia,
But damn it seems like forever

I believe we will launch in Australia in a few months.

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1072
« Reply #267 on: February 24, 2024, 06:45:50 PM »
@MOE SYZLAK  @144p have either of you heard whisperings of the black/white Vicka Pro’s getting restocked?

banksandledges

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #268 on: February 25, 2024, 03:36:49 PM »
@MOE SYZLAK  @144p have either of you heard whisperings of the black/white Vicka Pro’s getting restocked?

8/1

banksandledges

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #269 on: April 19, 2024, 06:48:52 AM »
https://thepremierstore.com/blogs/product/asics-skateboarding-5

Drop 6 releases today. Premier ships internationally for those outside of the US and Japan. New video today as well.