Author Topic: What was the last video game you played?  (Read 565789 times)

Abyss1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
Re: What was the last video game you played?
« Reply #3870 on: April 05, 2020, 12:40:29 PM »
Tried the new wolfenstien games...love the violence, controls are a bit funky tho, a lot of these new psnow games are dope to try

weon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #3871 on: April 06, 2020, 03:54:47 PM »
Expand Quote
I bought DBZ Fighterz for my kids’ Switch (because it’s the only current gen system we have multiple controllers for).

I would have shit myself if I had gotten to play it 25 years ago. The visuals are amazing and it actually plays great too.

Load times are a bit ridiculous but I guess that’s a small price to pay. It’s also obnoxious looking at the locked characters on the selection screen.
[close]

I just paid for all of them. I figured now was the best time to do it, I don't have shit to do... Me and my girlfriend play this game about an hour together every 2 days or so and we like trying out different characters and seeing all the specials and things.

It's pretty fun.

And when she's bored and doesn't want to play I just do all the combo training. So having all the extra characters will add a ton of playtime to the game for me anyway.

damn so when she doesn’t feel like playing you practice combos to use against her? brutal lol
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

Yu Dum

« Reply #3872 on: April 06, 2020, 05:36:45 PM »
Beat RE3 remake over the weekend. 9 out of 10; only complaint I have is I wanted longer gameplay.
I always start games in the lowest difficulty to get myself acclimated to the controls. Boutta start again on normal then go through on hardcore.

EDIT: I was drunk when I made this post and don't remember a goddamned thing. Thank you, Irish whiskey.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 09:53:06 AM by Blind Fisherman »

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #3873 on: April 06, 2020, 11:34:24 PM »
Signed up for a year of Nintendo Online and downloaded the free NES and SNES emulators. Started A Link to the Past last night. Looking forward to getting down on more retro games.

I've been enjoying some of the snes and nes titles too. I was lucky enough to get one of the snes switch controllers and its a blast.

Works well on tons of other shit too, having a dpad and all.

Genesis classics and megaman games especially.

JudoOrigami

• Rep: -90
« Reply #3874 on: April 07, 2020, 05:56:45 AM »
Final Fantasy Five. Seriously underrated

Yu Dum

« Reply #3875 on: April 09, 2020, 09:20:59 AM »
Fired up RE3 for PS4 again. Started on standard difficulty, but not seeing too much of a difficulty curve between assisted and standard. I was also pretty fucking drunk when I started; which may have skewed my views a little.
EDIT: Did the same thing last night, but got my ass fucking handed to me by Nemesis multiple times before I gave up.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 08:24:49 AM by Blind Fisherman »

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 149
« Reply #3876 on: April 09, 2020, 08:15:58 PM »
Oh my god animal crossing is such a boring time sink
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

JudoOrigami

« Reply #3877 on: April 11, 2020, 07:00:36 AM »
Oh my god animal crossing is such a boring time sink

Duh. I thought that was the whole point of those 2nd life escapism games

Yu Dum

« Reply #3878 on: April 11, 2020, 08:11:27 AM »
Bought Skyrim on sale for like $15 for PS4. Had never played it until now. Pretty fun, but after the opening sequence I feel lost. I'm so used to these streamline games where you're guided to your next destination that a free roaming one feels impossible at the moment.

Debating on buying FFVII remake bc all of my friends are hyped over it. I've honestly only ever played FF1. Should I dive in to the one with the highest regard in terms of a loyal fanbase?

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3879 on: April 11, 2020, 03:38:50 PM »
Started Cuphead on the switch. Damn is it hard, but still pretty fun. Reminds me of the more challenging parts of some contra or megaman games. Nice change of pace from more modern games for sure. I thought people were over exaggerating the difficulty but they were pretty spot on. You have to die more than a few times to work out each level pretty much.

drunk guy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #3880 on: April 11, 2020, 03:42:15 PM »
I beat persona 5 a month or so ago and I have been sucked right into persona 3

JudoOrigami

« Reply #3881 on: April 12, 2020, 05:35:04 PM »
Bought Skyrim on sale for like $15 for PS4. Had never played it until now. Pretty fun, but after the opening sequence I feel lost. I'm so used to these streamline games where you're guided to your next destination that a free roaming one feels impossible at the moment.

Debating on buying FFVII remake bc all of my friends are hyped over it. I've honestly only ever played FF1. Should I dive in to the one with the highest regard in terms of a loyal fanbase?

Skyrim is great head to Ironbide barrow or whatever its called and get the fire soultrap weapon and disenchant that shit so you can snipe people with flaming arrows that fill your soul gems. thats the only place you can get it im pretty sure.

Final Fantasy 7 remake is designed to ease people into the genre with updated playstyle and what not but the SNES turn based RPGs are the definitive games in my opinion.

6 is the best clearly no debating I would start with that one but being a super nintendo game its pretty grindy at times so you might want to use the vanish/doom glitch to beat some of the tougher bosses.

5 is the most underrated but maybe best left for later once you've played the FF's with stronger story lines.

7 original is the most digestible for normal people in my opinion because it takes place in a modern setting and isn't too dungeons and dragonsy

8 is trash don't play it

9 is the most medieval and has the cutest character of the entire series (Vivi the black mage) its pacing is a little off putting though and there are too many random encounters but it's worth playing

People love 4 but I never cared for it. Your millage may vary.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3882 on: April 12, 2020, 07:27:07 PM »
Had a 3-day weekend so I tried out a couple of games:
1) Spec Ops: The Line - gave it 15 minutes and called it quits, not a fan of cover shooters
2) Orii and the Blind Forest - gave it a couple of hours, done with Metrovanias for a bit after beating Bloodstained twice last month. It looks and plays great but I'm over the genre for a while
3) Zelda: BOTW - played it on CEMU, a WiiU emulator for the PC. Gave it a few hours a few months back and really sunk my teeth into it over the weekend. I doubt I'll ever 100% the game but I'm loving the variety of gameplay. The boss fights are tough as nails and pretty unforgiving. Can see myself throwing lots of hours in there.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

LesbianPUNCH

• Rep: 25
« Reply #3883 on: April 13, 2020, 02:21:25 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Skyrim is great head to Ironbide barrow or whatever its called and get the fire soultrap weapon and disenchant that shit so you can snipe people with flaming arrows that fill your soul gems. thats the only place you can get it im pretty sure.

Final Fantasy 7 remake is designed to ease people into the genre with updated playstyle and what not but the SNES turn based RPGs are the definitive games in my opinion.

6 is the best clearly no debating I would start with that one but being a super nintendo game its pretty grindy at times so you might want to use the vanish/doom glitch to beat some of the tougher bosses.

5 is the most underrated but maybe best left for later once you've played the FF's with stronger story lines.

7 original is the most digestible for normal people in my opinion because it takes place in a modern setting and isn't too dungeons and dragonsy

8 is trash don't play it

9 is the most medieval and has the cutest character of the entire series (Vivi the black mage) its pacing is a little off putting though and there are too many random encounters but it's worth playing

People love 4 but I never cared for it. Your millage may vary.

I agree with most of this, but 8 is NOT trash. I know this game is the most divisive of the bunch, and I’m on the side that Fucking loves it. The music, the atmosphere, settings, characters, the damn card game! If you have a switch, cop it.

drunk guy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3884 on: April 13, 2020, 06:38:51 AM »
8 is one of the best in the series ! 8>7

JudoOrigami

« Reply #3885 on: April 13, 2020, 06:44:22 AM »
8 sucked ass you could literally play the card game for an hour or 2 early game and disenchant the cards to get super strong spells like aero that made the game pathetically easy. Plus they troll you with the final boss by having her power scale with your level. That game is garbage and no one will ever convince me otherwise. The timed hits in battles was it's only redeeming quality. The card game in 9 is better and the music of 8 is the weakest of the series.

JudoOrigami

« Reply #3886 on: April 13, 2020, 06:45:35 AM »
it goes 6 > 7 > 5 > 9 > 4 > 10 > the rest

Im right about everything all the time don't try to argue with me

JudoOrigami

« Reply #3887 on: April 13, 2020, 06:50:51 AM »
If people want to put 7 over 6 I won't argue with them but they are wrong just take my word for it. If 6 had the cinematic cutscenes of 7 which were amazing at the time no one would ever argue this.

Watch, Read, Listen, Learn

Kefka is Gogo

There is a reason they never tell you about the Grey Mage who can use all forms of magic AKA Sorcerer Class

drunk guy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3888 on: April 13, 2020, 06:55:57 AM »
8 sucked ass you could literally play the card game for an hour or 2 early game and disenchant the cards to get super strong spells like aero that made the game pathetically easy. Plus they troll you with the final boss by having her power scale with your level. That game is garbage and no one will ever convince me otherwise. The timed hits in battles was it's only redeeming quality. The card game in 9 is better and the music of 8 is the weakest of the series.
8 is one of the most fan dividing games in the series. I stand on the other side. Xenogears is the best final fantasy game.

JudoOrigami

« Reply #3889 on: April 13, 2020, 08:16:01 AM »
Yeah it divides the smart fans from the dumb fans  ::)

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3890 on: April 13, 2020, 08:29:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
8 is one of the most fan dividing games in the series. I stand on the other side. Xenogears is the best final fantasy game.

Except most of Xenogears disc 2 is an extended unskippable cut scene
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

drunk guy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3891 on: April 13, 2020, 08:40:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

too ambitious of a story and project for square to continue to put money and time into. I loved the second disk but I loved the story. If anything it just adds to the lore of the entire franchise. That’s how I feel at least and I completely understand if people would disagree

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3892 on: April 13, 2020, 09:57:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
too ambitious of a story and project for square to continue to put money and time into. I loved the second disk but I loved the story. If anything it just adds to the lore of the entire franchise. That’s how I feel at least and I completely understand if people would disagree

Square has also tried to do epic stories that can meander in all the wrong directions. I loved the cast of characters and the combat mechanics (combos and flashy finishers) and the Gear battles (boosting speed at the expense of fuel, charging attacks). Parasite Eve 1 & 2 are another great piece of work by Square.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1072
« Reply #3893 on: April 13, 2020, 09:58:55 PM »
We just got a switch and I'm hooked on Super Mario 3. I never had video games as a kid (born late 80's) and never thought I'd get into mario.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #3894 on: April 14, 2020, 12:07:22 AM »
Finished Environmental Station Alpha yesterday. A solid, atmospheric metroidvania that didn't consume as much of one's time as, say, Hollow knight.

JudoOrigami

« Reply #3895 on: April 14, 2020, 12:36:49 AM »
Now THAT looks like a fuckin game

JudoOrigami

« Reply #3896 on: April 14, 2020, 12:38:01 AM »
love how there's a daily limit for kooking people i'd be at -1000 by now if there wasnt

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #3897 on: April 14, 2020, 07:55:29 PM »
We just got a switch and I'm hooked on Super Mario 3. I never had video games as a kid (born late 80's) and never thought I'd get into mario.

Yo I grew up on Mario 1,2 and 3
3 was supposed to be so good you’d forget how shit Mario 2 was

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #3898 on: April 15, 2020, 06:25:24 PM »
Bought Skyrim on sale for like $15 for PS4

I have played that game on and off for ten years and still get lost with where I wanna go in it.

Fortunately I’m not stuck inside but even so on my downtime I started a survival mode of Skyrim he other night and it’s really interesting way of playing

JudoOrigami

« Reply #3899 on: April 15, 2020, 09:54:24 PM »
Skyrim is about collecting the dragon priest masks. If you can beat those guys as a pure mage you are a better gamer than me. I could only do with maxed out sneak and archery. Next play through I'm doing a pure magic-user but I know it will be a pain just to get through the early quests.