Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 584760 times)

JM

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
  • sup dog
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #6150 on: March 16, 2024, 06:54:09 AM »
Which skateboarder looks most like John Stamos?
Well shit… my hiccups are cured!

Thanks.
I’m not letting my YouTube algorithm anywhere near that video.

slaab900turbo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: -2
« Reply #6151 on: March 17, 2024, 04:21:46 PM »
How hard is it to move to another country?

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 952
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #6152 on: March 22, 2024, 04:27:47 PM »
Y'all see that new Powell kid. He just popped up on all the channels. No gimmick. No frills. Straight up skating. Seems like a pro waiting to grow up so far.

I can't wait to see what's next.

&& Looking stronger in 2024 too. If that was filmed this year. Lol. Hope so. Seems they run videos from a footage collection.

Zack too. I'd kill for those switch powers.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
« Reply #6153 on: March 27, 2024, 01:10:24 PM »
Is anything capable of being funny without being at someone's or something's expense?

Haze

« Reply #6154 on: March 30, 2024, 01:37:09 AM »
I want to get into rock climbing. I also want to own an Edward Scissorhands mansion with a huge library/study, where I can keep all of my Bats and Ravens, where I can create in peace, far from this wretched society.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6155 on: March 31, 2024, 07:29:03 PM »
People keep bringing up some stuff you inject into your stomach. They say it heals all things and makes you skate like king fuckin Kong. For 300 a month. Has something to do with hormones in your body.

Wtf are these fools trying to do to me?
(A)pl(E)

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 535
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6156 on: April 01, 2024, 11:15:07 AM »
If you skate an obstacle connected to a skatepark that was not made for skating, like a set of stairs or a rail leading into the park, does that count as street?

Haze

« Reply #6157 on: April 01, 2024, 05:44:11 PM »
“Barísta” is a funny job title

“I’m a Bah-Reese-Tah! I make art at staaarbucks…I’m a Bah-Reese-Tah!”

STFU!

And that stupid fucking venti shmenti crap…

large black coffee no cream no sugar thank you.

One word: Bodega!

LeDave

• Rep: 4
    • Dave Le Photography avatar image
« Reply #6158 on: April 02, 2024, 12:05:11 PM »
Thunder Sonora 147's..... Still pondering.

Blind Fisherman

• Rep: 71
« Reply #6159 on: April 03, 2024, 03:31:18 PM »
Would it truly matter if I were wiped off the face of the earth? I'm nothing and no one to anyone. I find comfort in my own demise. Why can't I just "check out" if I don't want to be here anymore?

LeDave

• Rep: 4
    • Dave Le Photography avatar image
« Reply #6160 on: April 03, 2024, 04:22:51 PM »
I can’t change. I can only change when I’m alone. The people I know will always be the people I know. I can’t change when I know what I know.

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • sup dog
« Reply #6161 on: April 05, 2024, 12:39:52 PM »
What the hell am I supposed to do with all these extra truck washers?

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 297
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #6162 on: April 06, 2024, 05:36:14 AM »
Make ear rings

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1150
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #6163 on: April 07, 2024, 06:35:07 AM »
When you are paying someone back with a meal, it’s really got to be a big, heavy steak, right?  Actually asking, don’t know if there’s anything better.

What other options are there for people that aren’t meat eaters? 
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1150
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #6164 on: April 07, 2024, 09:25:28 AM »
“Reactionary”: why is that a pejorative?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

companguero

• Rep: 250
  • sesquipedalian
« Reply #6165 on: April 08, 2024, 12:15:51 AM »
“Reactionary”: why is that a pejorative?

Interesting question, I’ve heard the term but didn’t necessarily consider it derogatory.

Google brought up a couple answers along these lines: “Reactionary is someone who seeks to regress to a previous mode of production/social system. A conservative wishes to maintain things as they are, and a progressive seeks to advance to the next step of development.”

make America great “again” could kinda encapsulate the rally cry of a reactionary in a pejorative sense.

I can understand why someone, let’s say a black person, would consider the statement vaguely threatening. Exactly how far back would America need to revert in order to be great again? ???

I can also understand a non-pejorative case for someone who wants to express their concern about  behavior that is so “progressive” it blurs healthy boundaries.

Quote from: lazer69
Bitch, I dont got time to be on here reading every post.

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #6166 on: April 08, 2024, 03:52:13 AM »
I don’t think I actually like skateboarding. I’m not sure if I actually like anything or if the things I “like” are just repeated actions like smoking. Everything just feels like a worthless raisin.

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 599
« Reply #6167 on: April 08, 2024, 04:14:50 AM »
I don’t think I actually like skateboarding. I’m not sure if I actually like anything or if the things I “like” are just repeated actions like smoking. Everything just feels like a worthless raisin.

Is it possible you’re experiencing a depressive episode? I felt like everything was made up of meaningless grey blobs, but that’s not too different from worthless raisins.

I recently had to move. There is a waxed ledge on the property. It doesn’t look well worn, so I assume it’s a bust. But can I skate it since I live here? What if I tell the property manager I thought it was an amenity when I moved in?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 04:47:20 AM by JANUS »
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Crust

• Rep: 45
« Reply #6168 on: April 08, 2024, 12:40:39 PM »
If you skate an obstacle connected to a skatepark that was not made for skating, like a set of stairs or a rail leading into the park, does that count as street?

@ChuckRamone If the roll up to that obstacle came from outside the skatepark, I guess it's kind of street maybe?

Ty Evans Lightman

• Rep: -35
« Reply #6169 on: April 08, 2024, 01:20:51 PM »
Where did the Tanner thread go?
I can only guess he made a request to get it pulled.

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 168
« Reply #6170 on: April 11, 2024, 12:08:30 PM »
For the first time since the mid-80’s Neil Blender might be selling more boards than Tony Hawk.

Ty Evans Lightman

• Rep: -35
« Reply #6171 on: April 11, 2024, 12:21:35 PM »
Why do so many faces of skateboarding shit on Slap and just refer to it as “message boards” when their actions nearly always show that they lurk and may even participate under pseudonyms?

I’ve been active here on and off practically since the board’s inception and I know there have been darker days than others but overall Slap pals are good folk and the board are a chat about skating and other things. If there’s something you don’t like, just ignore it.

Anyway, starting to ramble but I just wish industry faces were more honest with themselves and posted up or shut up.

Second ponder, if slap pals really wanted to they could produce an amazing mag to rival thrasher and the rest of the mags/zines out there.

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1071
« Reply #6172 on: April 11, 2024, 06:35:25 PM »
The older I get, the more I realize the personality pet peeves I have about others are primarily things I once did

Haze

« Reply #6173 on: April 12, 2024, 07:16:20 AM »
You know how on the back of the food box is the nutrition facts? I’ve been thinking about getting my nutrition facts tatted on MY back. Let you know that what you’re getting is a  healthy source of protein, vitamins and minerals.

Crust

• Rep: 45
« Reply #6174 on: April 12, 2024, 04:20:54 PM »
The older I get, the more I realize the personality pet peeves I have about others are primarily things I once did

That's a great point @fakie nollie, I feel similar.

If I am getting irritated at someone's way's, I try to remind myself that they are human and so am I. No one's infallible too.

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • sup dog
« Reply #6175 on: April 12, 2024, 08:51:07 PM »
Why do so many faces of skateboarding shit on Slap and just refer to it as “message boards” when their actions nearly always show that they lurk and may even participate under pseudonyms?

I’ve been active here on and off practically since the board’s inception and I know there have been darker days than others but overall Slap pals are good folk and the board are a chat about skating and other things. If there’s something you don’t like, just ignore it.

Anyway, starting to ramble but I just wish industry faces were more honest with themselves and posted up or shut up.

Second ponder, if slap pals really wanted to they could produce an amazing mag to rival thrasher and the rest of the mags/zines out there.
Because we’re “old heads that don’t know shit”, and the kids know everything. Just how we felt about old people when we were young.

Let ‘em’ bitch and moan. They’ll be like us one day. Circle of Strife.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1627
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #6176 on: April 14, 2024, 10:08:21 AM »
The absolute worst shaped block you could get in Tetris is a swastika.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6177 on: April 14, 2024, 10:12:35 AM »
So

Ive might've stumbled on some shit. You ever see PJ and Pops in the same place at once?
(A)pl(E)

rusty knees

• Rep: -10
  • I had a photo in SLAP
« Reply #6178 on: April 14, 2024, 11:34:56 AM »
anyone else try to guess which trick someone is about to do when watching a new part?

I have to be close to 100% guessing when someone is about to hardflip over a hubba or down some stairs.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6179 on: April 14, 2024, 01:04:29 PM »
anyone else try to guess which trick someone is about to do when watching a new part?

I have to be close to 100% guessing when someone is about to hardflip over a hubba or down some stairs.

For sure. Sometimes i start before i hit play. I looking for rick flip front feeble to forward. You so its still a fakie big heels. If you go back to switch is not a rick flip anymore imo. Think about the attack too. You gotta pop that shit get your foot and board fully over the rail and trap it with your back foot.
If i wanted to learn that id probably use a curb then a bench on a bank to figure out how to get in. I feel like it works but how to trap it against a round rail?
You could tail bone really easily.  I had surgery on my ass bone over an old metal curb bite. Took about 10 years to become a serious issue. I see myself get the back of my knee on my front foot on the rail over and my other knee cap getting dusted at the same time.

Fakie fs big heels front feeble. im gonna go throw one at the bottom wrung of the bike rack tomorrow. You know just to see if im asking the entire industry of pros for the impossible. I bet its def happened on vert in some nameless back yard by some 30 something on LSD, idk.  Fuck that might not even be a Rick flip. 

(A)pl(E)