Poll

Does the woodshop a brand use for their decks impact your decision on buying a board?

Yes absolutely
490 (70.5%)
Yeah I guess a bit
165 (23.7%)
Indifferent either way
16 (2.3%)
Not really
13 (1.9%)
No never
11 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 688

Author Topic: CURRENT WOODSHOP DIRECTORY 2024 + misc deck and board info, help, questions, etc  (Read 171863 times)

mrosk8 (+ 1 Hidden) and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Woodshop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 274
  • Just deck / woodshop info
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Hulkripps?
What woodshop?

Never even heard of it before, but I had a look and seems like there is no info out there, at least not on the site, although it does have measurements which is nice.

https://hulkripps.com/

https://www.instagram.com/hulkripps/

From their second Instagram post:

What woodshop are these made at?
31w

hulkripps's
greez_alonix ps stix and bbs
31w

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1104
I bought some blanks woodchuck which I've always been convinced used BBS. I've asked them, and they've always avoided the answer. I used them for my board brand and Loved them.

https://woodchucklaminates.com/collections/skateboard-blanks-and-hardware/products/5-pack-hardrock-skateboard-blank-top-bottom-stains-8

$125 free shipping.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
I bought some blanks woodchuck which I've always been convinced used BBS. I've asked them, and they've always avoided the answer. I used them for my board brand and Loved them.

https://woodchucklaminates.com/collections/skateboard-blanks-and-hardware/products/5-pack-hardrock-skateboard-blank-top-bottom-stains-8

$125 free shipping.

I am taking a wild guess, but as they don't look at all like BBS dots or concave, they look more like a few woodshops from China, which would make sense, especially with them avoiding the question of "Where do your boards come from?" when asked.

Woodshops in China are really making good boards now too, so it is not a bad thing to me.  Some people are still not keen on wood from elsewhere besides USA (or Mexico) purely because of geography I imagine, but if they skate well and work for you, then I can't see any issues.

A lot of woodshops are adopting the cost cutting by just having a single top and bottom stain, some only one, but they always look a lot nicer than plain / natural stains on all layers of ply.

* To note, I prefer very specific concaves, so am used to one woodshop in particular, but that doesn't mean that other woodshops are not as good, or not better than the woodshop I prefer.  Friends have boards from other woodshops with "Made in China" stickers and they hold up well and are perfect for their needs so whatever the woodshop is for that supply line, I think it is not the end of the world not knowing exactly where they are from.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1104
They definitely advertise as made in mexico. I don’t think they’re Chinese boards.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
They definitely advertise as made in mexico. I don’t think they’re Chinese boards.

Might be other woodshops in Mexico now so the list could do with an update if anyone had any other info, apart from the known three BBS, PS Stix and Clutch.

Usually BBS (different concave and dimple dot), PS Stix wtih serial numbers on all their boards, or even Clutch without their letter / number board stamps if they were specifically saying "Made in Mexico" but as per every request for any more info, it is unanswered, compared to every other question people ask, from looking at their more recent posts.

They were based in Canada when they first started too, everything there including woodshop, presses, etc.

Looking back through their older posts, the last time they posted anything about actually pressing boards was back in June 2020, then a post with molds for sale.  Could be that they moved to importing blanks over pressing their own boards, but either way it is not a worry to me.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal

Looking through all available info and I am still no closer to knowing anything more, but any which way, they don't seem to be making their own boards on a large scale like they used to, but do buy in a lot of boards ready for printing or selling as blanks, which is all that matters.

I think the best way to compare is standing on them / putting them together with known woodshops, to compared concave and see, but a Death board I stood on not too long ago was definitely something else, not a known concave from any of the other woodshops in both look and feel.

Always curious to know or hear more though, so thanks for the pics and info.

* Didn't ever mean to sound like I was being a pain either - just curious as to what woodshop(s) are providing the wood.

mrosk8

• Rep: 14
woodchuck is china 100%
tryed some after they move from canada.
kind of nothing special deck, you see the difference with bbs
lately i tried different HLc and they are way different than before and good