Author Topic: KOTR episodes  (Read 86496 times)

Righteous Victim

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 110
  • Get yourself looked at.
    • Letterboxd avatar image
Re: KOTR episodes
« Reply #390 on: July 25, 2017, 11:45:21 AM »
Just started this shit.  10 min into S2 E1.
How much Andy Roy do I have to endure if I wish to continue watching?
Not much. Really just the first episode.

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
« Reply #391 on: July 25, 2017, 06:06:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I actually felt kinda bad for Andy Mac for having to put up with them and waste all of his cookies .
[close]
He was probably so stoked making cookies the night before and prepping yellow helmets
[close]
It bummed me out when they broke his trophy and focused one of the helmets that was excessive
[close]
Some can control their anger more than others. Milk,cookies,and a fun ramp had to have sucked right? It wasn't spooky or metal enough for Creature to throw down proper. That and being dramatic gets attention,the "show" needs viewers haha.

They acted lame but I'm sure some producers were there egging them on. This is "reality" TV meaning none of it is real and it's scripted.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #392 on: July 25, 2017, 07:02:06 PM »
Just started this shit.  10 min into S2 E1.
How much Andy Roy do I have to endure if I wish to continue watching?

He's in every episode so far, but not very much. Press the right arrow once or twice and you're usually through him.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #393 on: July 25, 2017, 10:47:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I actually felt kinda bad for Andy Mac for having to put up with them and waste all of his cookies .
[close]
He was probably so stoked making cookies the night before and prepping yellow helmets
[close]
It bummed me out when they broke his trophy and focused one of the helmets that was excessive
[close]
Some can control their anger more than others. Milk,cookies,and a fun ramp had to have sucked right? It wasn't spooky or metal enough for Creature to throw down proper. That and being dramatic gets attention,the "show" needs viewers haha.
[close]

They acted lame but I'm sure some producers were there egging them on. This is "reality" TV meaning none of it is real and it's scripted.

none of it's real and its scripted?!   i just thought they randomly happened to show up to places that were expecting them.  do you think they had to do reshoots to get jackson's feeble because itd be better for the story?   i mean, it's gotta be really out of character for a bunch of skateboarders to needlessly destroy shit.  I'm bummed at these svengali producers leading these poor boys astray

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #394 on: July 26, 2017, 07:30:26 AM »
i hope the next episode has a lot more street skating. it seems like they started out good with all those ditch spots, but the closer they've come to california, its been almost all park skating.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #395 on: July 26, 2017, 07:58:53 AM »
I would love to see an east coast tour of the same style, but thrasher would never sponsor that

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2275
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #396 on: July 26, 2017, 08:43:26 AM »
I would love to see an east coast tour of the same style, but thrasher would never sponsor that
Older KOTRs they'd travel the whole US, east coast,dirty south,middle america. Wish they still did too because some teams were out of their element.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
« Reply #397 on: July 26, 2017, 08:45:56 AM »
Something like that would definitely be cool. Hopefully if it gets renewed, they'll incorporate more stuff like that, to mix it up.

I think keeping closer to home, may have more to do with that making it into a show still being a new thing for them.

They used to vary the trip layout more, at least. I remember an early KOTR that had some cool Brooklyn Banks footage. I'm sure there's other examples.

I believe this amazing Tony T photo, was taken at an end-of-KOTR party in NY:
http://quartersnacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/tony-trujilo-at-kcdc-2004.jpg

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #398 on: July 26, 2017, 08:47:46 AM »
I actually think that was the first stop of the first KOTR. Thrasher sent teams up the east coast in 2014, among a few others year.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #399 on: July 26, 2017, 11:53:37 AM »

i'm sure east coast based Vice wouldn't mind

shit_for_brains

« Reply #400 on: July 26, 2017, 12:03:39 PM »
It's a lot easier and cheaper to move a couple of vans full of crew and gear around Arizona and New Mexico than it is Midtown Manhattan.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #401 on: July 26, 2017, 12:25:15 PM »

It's come a long way
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 12:26:52 PM by Francis Xavier »

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
« Reply #402 on: July 26, 2017, 12:49:26 PM »
Damn what song is that playing in the intro they added?

Interpol or something? I know I know it.

Damn that whole 2003 video was so sick.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 01:29:16 PM by childhood »

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
« Reply #403 on: July 26, 2017, 02:39:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

none of it's real and its scripted?!   i just thought they randomly happened to show up to places that were expecting them.  do you think they had to do reshoots to get jackson's feeble because itd be better for the story?   i mean, it's gotta be really out of character for a bunch of skateboarders to needlessly destroy shit.  I'm bummed at these svengali producers leading these poor boys astray

The feeble raised my eyebrows as dude somehow knew Creature got the 50-50... Do the teams talk or text? I mean he knew they were there with the bike lock and sticker, but homeboys like "They did a 50-50, our guy did a feeble"... How'd he know.. ya know?

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 734
« Reply #404 on: July 26, 2017, 03:09:18 PM »
Damn what song is that playing in the intro they added?

Interpol or something? I know I know it.

Damn that whole 2003 video was so sick.

television - marquee moon

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #405 on: July 26, 2017, 03:36:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

The feeble raised my eyebrows as dude somehow knew Creature got the 50-50... Do the teams talk or text? I mean he knew they were there with the bike lock and sticker, but homeboys like "They did a 50-50, our guy did a feeble"... How'd he know.. ya know?

my guess is someone probably sent a pic of the broken bike lock to Rhino/the Creature guys or maybe they just guessed 50-50 because what else could have possibly been done down that.  i'm sure production crews, camera guys, and gms talk to each other, im just positive there isn't a segment producer there trying to stir shit up needlessly

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #406 on: July 26, 2017, 05:01:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

I'll say it was vice keeping it spicy with the intel,looking back now they really push for as much content as they can get,especially drama. Staging and rigging up bullshit for ratings takes away what KOTR used to be. Oh well,I fell for it.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #407 on: July 27, 2017, 06:45:59 PM »
Was legit hyped when Muska landed that Muska flip.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #408 on: July 27, 2017, 07:36:37 PM »
Ben Raemers focusing that kid's board in roller blades and a Richie Jackson shirt was one of my favorite moments of this KOTR so far. Seeing Muska on the session was another great one, though hearing Neen talk about how he's skateboarding's first original was... odd.

Creature challenge: go fishing. At least we didn't have to watch them skate.

work lurk

• Rep: 0
« Reply #409 on: July 27, 2017, 08:11:38 PM »
Anyone else think Chris Russel's mom was wearing a pretty scandalous shirt for national television?

HFS40000

• Rep: 0
« Reply #410 on: July 27, 2017, 09:19:15 PM »
Was legit hyped when Muska landed that Muska flip.

It might just be because I'm drunk, but damn that shit was inspiring. Especially after seeing that interview where he talks about how fucked up his back is. Muska is the shit.

coreaf

• Rep: 23
  • sick
« Reply #411 on: July 27, 2017, 10:06:14 PM »
Anyone else think Chris Russel's mom was wearing a pretty scandalous shirt for national television?

No because she pulled it off and I'd like to pull it off of her.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #412 on: July 27, 2017, 10:50:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

She's easy on the eyes.

Recap:
Jackson Pilz is MVP, Foy's right behind him. Really fucking amazing skating.

Creature fishing poles out this Fall!

Muska is still hyped and it was great to see him do his Muska flip on that set up!

That Richie Jackson video is probably getting a million more views now.

tura

• Rep: 45
« Reply #413 on: July 27, 2017, 11:17:32 PM »
Raemers focusing the kids board in blades and Gravette's manual tying the balloon were bizarre and hilarious.

My favourite moment in the series so far was when Deathwish stalked Motta's sewer network and Beagle explained that he was stoked because he's always been a big fan of the ninja turtles

Hypnotoad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #414 on: July 27, 2017, 11:27:19 PM »
Just binged and caught up yesterday, then watched tonight.
Lots has been said, but I think it should be stressed that all three of the female mystery guests are fucking rad.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #415 on: July 28, 2017, 12:12:31 AM »
Just binged and caught up yesterday, then watched tonight.
Lots has been said, but I think it should be stressed that all three of the female mystery guests are fucking rad.

Hell yeah. They're rad and bring the good vibes. So hyped after the last episode. Samarria has such a contagious smile. Just puts you in a happy mood.

Very stoked on the Muska flip too. Dude was my absolute favorite as a teenager. I hope he can get his back sorted so he can get the skating stoke back.

Best episode so far.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #416 on: July 28, 2017, 12:37:44 AM »
Damn Chris Russel has a milf of a mom.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #417 on: July 28, 2017, 05:17:22 AM »
She looks exactly like Chris. Couldn't handle that.

coreaf

• Rep: 23
  • sick
« Reply #418 on: July 28, 2017, 05:59:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

She's easy on the eyes.

Recap:
Jackson Pilz is MVP, Foy's right behind him. Really fucking amazing skating.

Creature fishing poles out this Fall!

Muska is still hyped and it was great to see him do his Muska flip on that set up!

That Richie Jackson video is probably getting a million more views now.

Pilz and Foy have both gone extra in the last few episodes. Super sick.

Also as has been stated all of the mystery guests and the Muska nostalgia + flip were super rad.

Feel kinda bad for Baekkel that he's been doing some of the sicker stunts for Creature but it seems like Gravette and Russell are getting 95% of the shine. I guess they've just got the big personalities for TV.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
« Reply #419 on: July 28, 2017, 09:54:07 AM »
Pilz is something else. He's even doing the god damn Richie Jackson goals.

I really like how for the most part, they kept this season really under wraps. Considering this happened a while ago, you would think some of this stuff would have leaked on some social media. Seems like Thrasher has the reality TV formula down now.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!