Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 798827 times)

cricketclub

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #1350 on: October 10, 2019, 10:25:17 AM »
My shop doesn't carry NB's. If I were to order some 212's should I get them a 1/2 size down from my Dunk/ Nike size? I wear 11's in dunks and all my chillers but I wouldn't be surprised if these fit roomier.

Edit: I bothered to look a mere one page back and got my answer. They run 1/2 big so if I try these I will try a 10.5 instead of 11.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 10:37:26 AM by cricketclub »
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

Smartass

• Rep: 46
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1351 on: October 10, 2019, 11:28:12 AM »
Hey Roth,
Is there a sizing difference between the 288 and the new 288s?

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1352 on: October 10, 2019, 12:39:39 PM »
Thanks NB# for the 288’s

Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
« Reply #1353 on: October 10, 2019, 01:06:47 PM »
those 288s are so sick, like a modern KCK

Bitter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #1354 on: October 10, 2019, 01:29:49 PM »

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3359
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #1355 on: October 10, 2019, 02:48:04 PM »
Yo Roth. I'm sure this has been discussed and I didn't watch your SLAP questions video (for the record I didn't even watch all of my own) so if it was talked about on there I missed it, but I was reading an old Big Brother the other day (#3? 4?) and saw that you won the contest that made Goofy Boy famous! I was kind of tripping on that and stoked all at once to see your name in first place there.

rothdigga

• Rep: 585
« Reply #1356 on: October 10, 2019, 03:08:36 PM »
Yo Roth. I'm sure this has been discussed and I didn't watch your SLAP questions video (for the record I didn't even watch all of my own) so if it was talked about on there I missed it, but I was reading an old Big Brother the other day (#3? 4?) and saw that you won the contest that made Goofy Boy famous! I was kind of tripping on that and stoked all at once to see your name in first place there.

Yes...that is true.  I did win the contest that made Goofy Boy famous.  I damn near had the same kit on as him when you look back so I guess I'm glad that I didn't end up ACTUALLY being Goofy Boy myself.  That was the Encinitas NSA Finals in 1992.  I have to remind my wife often that I am a former World Champion athlete...just to let her know who she's dealing with...ha. 
That was the contest from Virtual Reality where Guy does the sick ass front halfcab flip over the wedge ramp and Carroll does the switch double flip to stop on the bank. 
Also the contest where Oscar Jordan fought Berra...as pictured in a recent Thrasher Anatomy breakdown...

Freight Train

« Reply #1357 on: October 11, 2019, 07:14:59 AM »

These are awesome. I wish I had picked up his first 255 colorway, the baby blue and orange joints were sick

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #1358 on: October 11, 2019, 07:18:43 AM »
Thanks NB# for the 288’s

True to size? How does it fit? snug? large?

Microforrest

• Rep: -19
« Reply #1359 on: October 11, 2019, 07:52:30 AM »
Sooo where to cop the 288s's? can't find them anywhere online.
Olympic athletes have diets and train really hard.
Skateboarders eat candy, talk shit, and drink arizona iced teas.

rothdigga

« Reply #1360 on: October 11, 2019, 08:40:24 AM »
Sooo where to cop the 288s's? can't find them anywhere online.

We have them up on the NB site right now but I do see a few shops that have them as well.  303 has them, Premiere has them as well and I'm sure some of the big guys like CCS and Tactics will have them up at any moment. 

saltusnaut

• Rep: 36
« Reply #1361 on: October 11, 2019, 10:43:06 AM »
I'm so tempted to try the 288 but I would have to get them online. The not knowing how they fit and sizing makes me just get what I know fits me.

rothdigga

« Reply #1362 on: October 11, 2019, 11:21:06 AM »
I'm so tempted to try the 288 but I would have to get them online. The not knowing how they fit and sizing makes me just get what I know fits me.

No shops nearby you? 

saltusnaut

« Reply #1363 on: October 11, 2019, 11:38:42 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

No shops nearby you?

No man, I live in Sweden above the arctic circle. I have to travel 300 kilometers to try on a pair of skate shoes of any brand.

rothdigga

« Reply #1364 on: October 11, 2019, 12:21:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

No shops nearby you?
[close]

No man, I live in Sweden above the arctic circle. I have to travel 300 kilometers to try on a pair of skate shoes of any brand.

Yikes!!!  I know that pain though...somewhat.  My pops has lived in Alaska for 35 years, not as far north as you, but in Fairbanks, just below the circle and I grew up skating up there every summer as a teen.  Not a lot of options.  Have you had any NB's yet?  They should fit similar to almost any newer models you've had besides the 212/213. 

saltusnaut

« Reply #1365 on: October 12, 2019, 03:26:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

No shops nearby you?
[close]

[close]

Yikes!!!  I know that pain though...somewhat.  My pops has lived in Alaska for 35 years, not as far north as you, but in Fairbanks, just below the circle and I grew up skating up there every summer as a teen.  Not a lot of options.  Have you had any NB's yet?  They should fit similar to almost any newer models you've had besides the 212/213.

With online shopping and indoor parks skateboarding is more accessible than ever up here.
Yea it's really not a problem cause I could just order from some place with free returns, but that seems awfully wasteful to have a pair of shoes travel maybe three times the distance before having a fitting pair on my feet.
Haven't had any nb:s yet.

Paperclip20

• Rep: 137
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #1366 on: October 15, 2019, 07:02:02 AM »
Another question on the fit of the 288s. I wore a 10 1/2 in the 533v2 and it fit great except it was slightly too short, should I size up to 11 on this shoe then? None of my locals have it in either sadly.

rothdigga

« Reply #1367 on: October 15, 2019, 11:39:45 AM »
Another question on the fit of the 288s. I wore a 10 1/2 in the 533v2 and it fit great except it was slightly too short, should I size up to 11 on this shoe then? None of my locals have it in either sadly.

I would stick to 10.5 in the 288s.  The 533 regular and V2 both had a bit of a weird fit to me, but you should stick to the 10.5 in the 288s I think.  Just asked our designer and he agreed...10.5.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3359
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #1368 on: October 15, 2019, 01:45:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yes...that is true.  I did win the contest that made Goofy Boy famous.  I damn near had the same kit on as him when you look back so I guess I'm glad that I didn't end up ACTUALLY being Goofy Boy myself.  That was the Encinitas NSA Finals in 1992.  I have to remind my wife often that I am a former World Champion athlete...just to let her know who she's dealing with...ha. 
That was the contest from Virtual Reality where Guy does the sick ass front halfcab flip over the wedge ramp and Carroll does the switch double flip to stop on the bank. 
Also the contest where Oscar Jordan fought Berra...as pictured in a recent Thrasher Anatomy breakdown...

So rad!

GoneWithTheSchwinn

• Mods
  • Rep: -9957
« Reply #1369 on: October 15, 2019, 04:47:22 PM »
That story is great, thanks for sharing it!

Picked up a pair of non skate NB, the 997H and they are pretty great. Could almost skate in them they feel so good.

BLACK LIVES MATTER
FUCK 12

"Watch out or the gazpacho police will get you!"

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1370 on: October 16, 2019, 04:47:32 AM »
Probably 288 are my all time fav shoe despise the durability being on the crappy side. Can't wait to try Davis 288s but here the NB website in Chile really sucks. Checked yesterday and only some 574 and that's it  :-X
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 586
« Reply #1371 on: October 16, 2019, 07:03:47 AM »
Does Fos get royalties from Villani's colorway?
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

GoneWithTheSchwinn

• Mods
  • Rep: -9957
« Reply #1372 on: October 16, 2019, 07:06:08 AM »
Doubt it, probably a flat fee for the art.

BLACK LIVES MATTER
FUCK 12

"Watch out or the gazpacho police will get you!"

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1373 on: October 16, 2019, 07:11:04 AM »

Picked up a pair of non skate NB, the 997H and they are pretty great. Could almost skate in them they feel so good.
yeah, the 997H are solid chillers and can be had for great prices. the MIUSA 997's are on another level, too. I have a pair of the MIUSA 990v4 and they're some of the most comfortable shoes i've ever had.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1374 on: October 16, 2019, 12:11:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Thanks NB# for the 288’s
[close]
True to size? How does it fit? snug? large?

I got them true to size, it was pretty snug at first when I put them and wore them. But after a couple wears (haven’t skated in them yet), they pretty much just slip on using the heel tab.

They fit me pretty narrow in the toe. But for me, no need to size up. Maybe if you have a wide foot, yeah.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #1375 on: October 16, 2019, 02:48:07 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
yeah, the 997H are solid chillers and can be had for great prices. the MIUSA 997's are on another level, too. I have a pair of the MIUSA 990v4 and they're some of the most comfortable shoes i've ever had.
Made in USA 997s are some of the highest quality shoes money can buy.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1376 on: October 20, 2019, 10:31:28 PM »

tnka

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1377 on: October 21, 2019, 05:32:27 AM »
How would the numeric models rank in regards to heel support? Constantly troubled with heel bruise, so this is the most important factor for me when choosing shoes. Tried the 913, which were great but a bit too pricy for me, so probably won't go for them again. Looking at 440, 288, 306 models and wondering if they would be as good as 913s? Trying them is impossible, since i can only order online.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1187
« Reply #1378 on: October 21, 2019, 06:36:39 AM »
How would the numeric models rank in regards to heel support? Constantly troubled with heel bruise, so this is the most important factor for me when choosing shoes. Tried the 913, which were great but a bit too pricy for me, so probably won't go for them again. Looking at 440, 288, 306 models and wondering if they would be as good as 913s? Trying them is impossible, since i can only order online.

this covers a couple of the models youre asking about
http://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=103488.msg2946599#msg2946599

the heel support/cushion on the 440s is perfect
hardly art, hardly starving

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #1379 on: October 21, 2019, 07:42:52 AM »
Expand Quote
quarterly check in to see when numeric will be dropping a high top shoe i can skate plz
[close]

For Fall 2020 we have something in the mix that might interest you.  Once we have samples and show the line that I can share I'll keep you in the loop.

GOD BLESS THANK YOU
good come sausage