Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 798808 times)

daditude adjustment and 15 Guests are viewing this topic.

OhioGuy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 51
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #8670 on: March 04, 2024, 12:01:57 PM »
Those Grey/Navy ones didn’t last in size 14 😖

And yeah, they look better beat up. Sick colorway.

pops

• Rep: 252
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #8671 on: March 04, 2024, 01:07:57 PM »
I kinda feel like the 440 high tricked me, I was thinking the high top would give me more support but that whole panel being mesh really doesn’t do much. Gonna have to try the 480 high next

I've had slight ankle sprains in the 440 hi but nothing too bad. I always lace my shoes all the way up. I rarely flip or do any crazy shit nowadays but the hi tops kinda made me feel more confident.  ;D

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 51
« Reply #8672 on: March 05, 2024, 07:26:11 AM »
Those Grey/Navy ones didn’t last in size 14 😖

And yeah, they look better beat up. Sick colorway.
Never mind. Found some. All the clips NB# have been posting got me hyped. They might be a Top 3 colorway.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 953
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #8673 on: March 05, 2024, 10:59:56 AM »
Non skaters have taken to the 480? I always forget the numbers.

I'm thinking that NB# is going to experience a big crossover in 2024.

Maybe dunks will go back to normal demand
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -494
« Reply #8674 on: March 05, 2024, 11:12:24 AM »

Dunks are gonna go back soon regardless but I really hope the hype beasts don’t destroy nb# for us. It’s the best company out in terms of versatile product line and availability and price.

Side note: randomly did some slappies in my daily driver 550s yesterday and aside from the shit leather they use for the regular brand that takes forever to break in , these are pretty skateable. Might get some suede ones and swap the insole . @rothdigga can y’all make a skate one already?
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #8675 on: March 05, 2024, 11:35:24 AM »
Anyone interested in a slightly discounted 440v2 white blue low size 10?    The new ones fit smaller than the v1 and I don’t want to pay restocking at concepts after I bought these on sale

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #8676 on: March 05, 2024, 07:44:22 PM »
Feel free to gnar me if this has been answered before… do we know more about the Reynolds pro shoe timeline beyond “2025”?  That could be as little as ten months away(!) and I’m trying to temper expectations.  Any leaks or teases coming through the pipeline soon, rauthadigga?

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #8677 on: March 05, 2024, 08:56:49 PM »
Feel free to gnar me if this has been answered before… do we know more about the Reynolds pro shoe timeline beyond “2025”?  That could be as little as ten months away(!) and I’m trying to temper expectations.  Any leaks or teases coming through the pipeline soon, rauthadigga?

Rumors of spring 25'

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
« Reply #8678 on: March 06, 2024, 02:38:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Rumors of spring 25'
I heard rumours of later this year
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8679 on: March 06, 2024, 02:44:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Rumors of spring 25'
[close]
I remember Nick just saying 25 and no spoilers at all for it :(
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

truthislie

• Rep: 58
« Reply #8680 on: March 06, 2024, 05:44:45 AM »
Expand Quote

Are these the black/gum that were mentioned some posts ago? (5th slide)
[close]

Those are indeed the black/gum 440v2 coming up in April.  Good eye.

I skate way to less for the skateshoes I own but the cw reminds me of the og lakai manchester in the best possible way. I´m afraid I have to buy them :)

Berky

• Rep: -19
« Reply #8681 on: March 06, 2024, 05:50:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Rumors of spring 25'
[close]
I same something about Q1 of 25. So I guess we could get it at the very end of this year

Fooj

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 188
« Reply #8682 on: March 06, 2024, 07:00:18 AM »
1010 users, do you lace the top loop?
I cant stand how lacing the top makes my pants rest but if i dont, i need to crank down the lower laces so tight theyre uncomfortable.

On a side note, just tried on the 600s and i gotta say, love how the toe shape is similar to the 1010 but the overall shoe is a bit lighter. Might have to be the next adventure after i finish my current stack.

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -67
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8683 on: March 06, 2024, 07:15:40 AM »
theres something really old-man about the 440 v2 that I cant get past. guess I'll stock up on the old ones.
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #8684 on: March 06, 2024, 07:29:44 AM »
I cant stand how lacing the top makes my pants rest but if i dont, i need to crank down the lower laces so tight theyre uncomfortable.

On a side note, just tried on the 600s and i gotta say, love how the toe shape is similar to the 1010 but the overall shoe is a bit lighter. Might have to be the next adventure after i finish my current stack.

This was a struggle for me as I was rocking .5 size up due to stock. The last lace loop became necessary as the shoes got more broken in and a little more loose, but I agree it did not look as cool lol. I’m thinking my next pair will be TTS and perhaps i won’t have to rock the last lace loop, cuz it doesn’t look G.

rothdigga

• Rep: 585
« Reply #8685 on: March 06, 2024, 10:09:46 AM »

Spring 25 is all I can say, but any dreams of them showing up in 2024 are unfounded and not going to happen.  Definitely no spoilers on that shoe, should be a fun reveal once it's debuted though. 

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: -2
« Reply #8686 on: March 06, 2024, 05:57:43 PM »

yea when i start skating them.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8687 on: March 06, 2024, 11:21:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Spring 25 is all I can say, but any dreams of them showing up in 2024 are unfounded and not going to happen.  Definitely no spoilers on that shoe, should be a fun reveal once it's debuted though.
By you saying that it makes expect something like this
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

DanRar009

• Rep: 56
« Reply #8688 on: March 07, 2024, 01:58:49 AM »

I lace the 1010 to the top while the shoe is breaking in and once it’s molded to my foot a little bit I’ll unlace it to the one below. Always superglue the little accent eyelet though because I rip that part every time and eventually end up having to lace em to the top anyway

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8689 on: March 07, 2024, 03:31:33 AM »

The top loop pinches too high for my foot and causes issues with my ankles so I cut an extra little lacehole in between the top hole and the plastic eyestay, but as the shoe breaks in and becomes more flexible, I often stop using that and just use the eyestay.
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

rothdigga

« Reply #8690 on: March 07, 2024, 10:20:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
By you saying that it makes expect something like this

Hmmm, we might need to rethink our whole design of his shoe now after seeing these bad boys.  Pushing the launch to Spring 2026 boys!

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #8691 on: March 07, 2024, 01:35:58 PM »
anyone know where i can find the 306 laceless in 13us?
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 953
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #8693 on: March 07, 2024, 07:53:53 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Dunks are gonna go back soon regardless but I really hope the hype beasts don’t destroy nb# for us. It’s the best company out in terms of versatile product line and availability and price.

Side note: randomly did some slappies in my daily driver 550s yesterday and aside from the shit leather they use for the regular brand that takes forever to break in , these are pretty skateable. Might get some suede ones and swap the insole . @rothdigga can y’all make a skate one already?

Yeah yothat would suck. It would be nice if they bought just enough 808s to keep them going. I been able to get so many on sale it makes me think they not gonna be permanent. It's gotta be expensive to make. It's such a perfect thing and it's a higher number.

I wish they would snow white with reflective hits. Or snow camouflage. I'd make my own snow camouflage.

If I was a Hypebeast and not just an old ponk with sensitive feet I'd be trying to break the mold. Get away from Nike.

I'd fuck with these NB models.

They really dropped the ball with that 617. They should redo that one. I know exactly what it should be like.

That 550 reminds me of BK which low key had the best version of the Pump. That 9000 is crazy. Idk if I'd make a good Hypebeast but I'd also be rocking those old Nike pumps that came with the plastic thing you had to plug into the back of the shoe.

Anything that looks mad robo tech/ crayone character ism.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

pops

• Rep: 252
« Reply #8694 on: March 07, 2024, 11:01:56 PM »
Skated twice in the 808s now and I really like that shoe. These gonna last forever. Swapped the insoles to even thinner ones so my foot sits slightly lower. Might put the original insoles back when the shoes are more broken in. I didnt feel the shoes weight when walking but skating them I can feel the difference compared to my 440s I skated previously. Nothing that would bother me though. Now I have 3 pairs in stock so gonna take some time to go through all those.  :)

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #8695 on: March 07, 2024, 11:10:50 PM »
Skated twice in the 808s now and I really like that shoe. These gonna last forever. Swapped the insoles to even thinner ones so my foot sits slightly lower. Might put the original insoles back when the shoes are more broken in. I didnt feel the shoes weight when walking but skating them I can feel the difference compared to my 440s I skated previously. Nothing that would bother me though. Now I have 3 pairs in stock so gonna take some time to go through all those.  :)
You're setup for the while year
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

rothdigga

« Reply #8696 on: March 08, 2024, 11:19:27 AM »
Wide shoes bros- Looks like NB.com will start putting up Q2/Summer 24 product around March 15.  So to those that are looking for more wides, start checking around then.  440 won't have a ton BUT I see a re-stock of the 440 wide coming on May 11. 
574 and 272 will have wide options up on March 15 as well.  No 440-Hi wides this run but Q3 24 has some wides coming. 

hikyle2

• Rep: 13
« Reply #8697 on: March 08, 2024, 03:44:26 PM »
Wide shoes bros- Looks like NB.com will start putting up Q2/Summer 24 product around March 15.  So to those that are looking for more wides, start checking around then.  440 won't have a ton BUT I see a re-stock of the 440 wide coming on May 11. 
574 and 272 will have wide options up on March 15 as well.  No 440-Hi wides this run but Q3 24 has some wides coming.

Thanks rothdigga, I've been checking this thread daily waiting for an indication that more wides are in stock. 

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #8698 on: March 08, 2024, 04:05:43 PM »
Is Reynolds rocking 480 highs in his newest clip on insta? I cant tell

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8699 on: March 08, 2024, 04:10:41 PM »
Is Reynolds rocking 480 highs in his newest clip on insta? I cant tell
Yeah i think so, the white/red 480 hi’s spray-painted black