Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 801241 times)

art hellman and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

lurker_and_poster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 27
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #8730 on: March 12, 2024, 12:51:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I want a blackout pair of 480s so bad.
[close]

Could've sworn we had some kind of confirmation of a 480 hi in black; not sure if a full blackout but I'm hopeful.
[close]
Almost all blackout but with a gum slice on the very bottom.  I think those are going to come out in May.  We have a few things coming over April/May.

much appriciated 480 hi in black. Also the 440 in white and black looks great on the picture - woud prefer all black anyway.
But i remember some hi one on the shelf - which looks differernt - in the picture they have some sitching seperating the upper part at the ankle. The one i remember had no stitching and some wired mash at the ankle.
they have same or different hight at the ankle. Or ist just the stitchin the difference?

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1426
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8731 on: March 12, 2024, 01:00:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Got some 1010s at the advice of the good homie. Havent skated em yet but man, these are comfortable. My right foot is perma swollen and due to arch injuries, the arch is dropped a bit lower than the L foot. I generally need to wear very flat shoes with minimal insole at the arch- calling blazer mids- but these 1010s may foot the bill. Usually wearing anything remotely like these, my hips and knees cant handle it. 4 days and 8 miles in, i feel good.

Hopefully i can skate in em
[close]

I've been on vulcs for a while. Intro to cups were the 440's. Tried the 808's and thats my limit. Skating the 1010's now. Boardfeel wise is a lot better than expected. Flick is not as grabby or grippy than the 440's. Slippery-er for lack of a better or real word. I have to put more foot on the board to get a good flick out of it. The biggest thing for me. Is the break in. The bend of the forefoot when taking it out of the box. It was stiff at first, but nothing like the 808. 808's is like a brick on your foot. I try to push in the 808's and no matter how i tie them they are slipping off my foot. With the 1010's, I would say 2 or 3 sessions to get them broken in and somewhat understand the flick.

I tried 440 and they were too narrow up right before the toe begins.

Actually just pushed about mile and a half w my dog on her harness and the 1010 felt really nice. Im not used to foot protection lol been mostly barefoot, flip flops, half cabs, blazers.

Other than day 1 w the higher mid foot/arch support in tye 1010, these, although not as dense or heavy, feel like a really good pair of boots, like some vasques or zamberlains. Need to loosen up but fit right right out the box
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Luismps

• Rep: 9
« Reply #8732 on: March 12, 2024, 02:52:28 PM »
Anyone changes sizes between 440 hi vs lo?

hikyle2

• Rep: 13
« Reply #8733 on: March 12, 2024, 04:56:55 PM »
I get the feeling many people have gone this route, but what's the consensus on going from a vulc shoe to the 440?  I've ridden vans for a decade or two, was debating getting the 272 but am curious of the 440 for a little more comfort on my back.   Have many of you that gone the 440 route from a vulc stayed with that shoe or gone back to a vulc shoe.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8734 on: March 12, 2024, 05:34:13 PM »
Skated around town in those 1010s and my body feels like i didnt skate at all. Didnt and dont go too hard but im jumping on knee high ledges, popping around etc. Kinda what i imagine  20 years ago probably felt like as in i am not thinking “fuck i love this but my fucking body hurts”

marcusbutler

• Rep: 42
« Reply #8735 on: March 12, 2024, 05:41:45 PM »
I get the feeling many people have gone this route, but what's the consensus on going from a vulc shoe to the 440?  I've ridden vans for a decade or two, was debating getting the 272 but am curious of the 440 for a little more comfort on my back.   Have many of you that gone the 440 route from a vulc stayed with that shoe or gone back to a vulc shoe.

I was on like 4-5 pairs of sb GT blazers before hitting the 440's. You get a little more underneath the foot with the 440. Boardfeel isn't as good as a vans slip on or authentic, or thin vulc shoe. But on par with an oldskool or halfcab. But the flick and grip on vans no one can match. But the 440's feel like a bulky vulc shoe. I haven't skated the 272 but I can imagine it feels like a blazer low GT.
We rode 7.5's" and didn't complain.

dunc

• Rep: 54
« Reply #8736 on: March 12, 2024, 07:57:14 PM »
You won't go back . The issue with vans as you get older is the heel makes your foot wobble about causing fatigue and foot pain. 440s are solid in the heel and give support here. I will never skate in vulcs again. Just takes one or two skates to get used to them and you will feel the difference.
They laughed when I told my friends that I was going to be a comedian.....well they are not laughing now!

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 832
« Reply #8737 on: March 12, 2024, 08:05:58 PM »
440s are the first cup soles I have used in a long long time. I am usually strictly a vulc skater. Half cabs, Rowans, NB 212s mostly.

While I really like the 440s and will likely try the V2s, nothing compares to a vulc grip and board feel even at my age and state of decay.

hikyle2

• Rep: 13
« Reply #8738 on: March 12, 2024, 08:25:04 PM »
I usually put superfeet green insoles in vans skate authentic, that helps with the heel and arch but not much for padding.  I think I’m gonna have to try the wide 440’s as I’m dying for an out of the box wide shoe.  Vans stretch after a few sessions but are brutal to start.  Thanks everybody for the feedback.

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #8739 on: March 12, 2024, 08:40:34 PM »
NB should offer a Re-sole service for the 808 since the uppers outlast the soles for so long

JohnDi

• Rep: -6
« Reply #8740 on: March 13, 2024, 03:33:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Got some 1010s at the advice of the good homie. Havent skated em yet but man, these are comfortable. My right foot is perma swollen and due to arch injuries, the arch is dropped a bit lower than the L foot. I generally need to wear very flat shoes with minimal insole at the arch- calling blazer mids- but these 1010s may foot the bill. Usually wearing anything remotely like these, my hips and knees cant handle it. 4 days and 8 miles in, i feel good.

[close]

I've been on vulcs for a while. Intro to cups were the 440's. Tried the 808's and thats my limit. Skating the 1010's now. Boardfeel wise is a lot better than expected. Flick is not as grabby or grippy than the 440's. Slippery-er for lack of a better or real word. I have to put more foot on the board to get a good flick out of it. The biggest thing for me. Is the break in. The bend of the forefoot when taking it out of the box. It was stiff at first, but nothing like the 808. 808's is like a brick on your foot. I try to push in the 808's and no matter how i tie them they are slipping off my foot. With the 1010's, I would say 2 or 3 sessions to get them broken in and somewhat understand the flick.
Been loving the 808 got the black with white laces has a rubber toe cap and lace guards on the first two lace loops the shoe is indestructible. When I first purchased I was like damn this things a brick microwave trick and wearing it before I skate walking the dog got them feeling way better but flip tricks feel great out the box and they are a bit grippier than the 1010s which is good cause sometimes skating ledges I felt like the 1010 my feet felt like they were sliding around sketchy. On my 2nd pair of the same 808 it’s pretty much perfect.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8741 on: March 13, 2024, 03:36:35 PM »
@smellsdead

yo breh, danx for protecting my ankles, knees and hips via this conversion

marcusbutler

• Rep: 42
« Reply #8742 on: March 13, 2024, 03:53:59 PM »
440s are the first cup soles I have used in a long long time. I am usually strictly a vulc skater. Half cabs, Rowans, NB 212s mostly.

While I really like the 440s and will likely try the V2s, nothing compares to a vulc grip and board feel even at my age and state of decay.

Back this hard.
We rode 7.5's" and didn't complain.

Banned from the room

« Reply #8743 on: March 13, 2024, 10:07:43 PM »
Expand Quote

Reynolds teasing the 480 high in black
[close]
It's like he heard us talking! I'll almost definitely be copping these, they look so good in black.

Also a little funny how the white and red ones dropped during the tail end of winter and the all black ones will be dropping right before summer. Not that I'm complaining about it tho

Oh shit it is the shoe. I love that shoe.

pops

• Rep: 256
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #8744 on: March 13, 2024, 10:15:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Been loving the 808 got the black with white laces has a rubber toe cap and lace guards on the first two lace loops the shoe is indestructible. When I first purchased I was like damn this things a brick microwave trick and wearing it before I skate walking the dog got them feeling way better but flip tricks feel great out the box and they are a bit grippier than the 1010s which is good cause sometimes skating ledges I felt like the 1010 my feet felt like they were sliding around sketchy. On my 2nd pair of the same 808 it’s pretty much perfect.

808s actually loosen up over time and get better fit or you can try the microwaving if youre impatient. I wear the black/red and all blacks, both felt stiff at first but now can easily bend them as they loosened. I'm nearing 40yo and these are great for my body.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #8745 on: March 14, 2024, 03:24:59 AM »

New 600s coming, those are looking great!

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #8746 on: March 14, 2024, 06:29:52 AM »

New 600s coming, those are looking great!

fucking with the black/ white ones even though leather looks weird to me in black but those white and grey joints....uuuuuuuhhhhhhh wheeeeee!!!!!

slapattack

• Rep: 14
« Reply #8747 on: March 14, 2024, 06:58:27 AM »
If only those 600s didnt have the mesh, shit gets dirty so quick and the fantomfit tape or whatever is peeling up on my pair that are only a week old haven't even skated them yet.

jsettle

• Rep: 134
« Reply #8748 on: March 14, 2024, 07:03:48 AM »

Dads...get your lawnmowers ready for the summer. I actually like this white colorway

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #8749 on: March 14, 2024, 08:06:34 AM »
If only those 600s didnt have the mesh, shit gets dirty so quick and the fantomfit tape or whatever is peeling up on my pair that are only a week old haven't even skated them yet.

If you mean something like this same thing is happening to me on my 1010 :(
Been skating them for like 2 weeks.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2024, 09:39:01 AM by moonordie »
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

rikki

• Rep: 302
« Reply #8750 on: March 14, 2024, 08:11:49 AM »
Oh boy I really need those white/grey 600s even though I really don't need more skate shoes.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #8751 on: March 14, 2024, 08:53:00 AM »
Just got the new black/gum 440 V2s off of Kinetic. Hyped

Dirty_Dan90

• Rep: -22
« Reply #8752 on: March 14, 2024, 11:06:56 AM »
About a month in on my first pair of 808s. Took awhile to get used to them but now i feel like i have to skate bulky shoes for awhile since ive adapted to them. Looking down at my feet on the board looks sick and they look sick in clips, already ordered a 2nd pair and def want to try the 1010s but from what i heard theyre a little more slick on the tread?

kook1234

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #8753 on: March 14, 2024, 04:10:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

this happened to my buddy who didn’t skate the 1010s

Banned from the room

« Reply #8754 on: March 14, 2024, 05:10:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That's a bummer. I'm glad I stuck with the 808. 3 shoes back to back to back top shelf shit. I'm incredible impressed. I cannot wait to try what is coming next is a surprise!

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #8755 on: March 14, 2024, 11:40:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

That's a bummer. I'm glad I stuck with the 808. 3 shoes back to back to back top shelf shit. I'm incredible impressed. I cannot wait to try what is coming next is a surprise!
I've been exclusively skating 808 for the last year or so, wanted to make a little change with 1010 which I also really like. It doesn't affect performance at all but when setting up for a trick and looking down sure is a little annoying to see it.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: -2
« Reply #8756 on: March 15, 2024, 02:53:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That happened on both pairs I've owned. The collar mesh also ripped on both pairs before I skated them, just from walking around for a week or two to the corner store and shit. I tried New Balance support on the first pair a few times and never got a response and didn't try again for the second pair because of that experience. I like the soles but it's weird how the mesh parts just rip from walking in them. I figured this was just a launch issue but my more recent black pair is suffering the same fate.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2024, 03:01:10 AM by yourfuckingdad »

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #8757 on: March 15, 2024, 03:25:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

That happened on both pairs I've owned. The collar mesh also ripped on both pairs before I skated them, just from walking around for a week or two to the corner store and shit. I tried New Balance support on the first pair a few times and never got a response and didn't try again for the second pair because of that experience. I like the soles but it's weird how the mesh parts just rip from walking in them. I figured this was just a launch issue but my more recent black pair is suffering the same fate.

Which black ones? Black/gum?
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.