Author Topic: Kelly Hart maybe on Girl  (Read 29402 times)

poor alice

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
Re: Kelly Hart maybe on Girl
« Reply #90 on: May 09, 2018, 12:21:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
pretty crazy how many people think he should be on. dude was decent, but hes a bit up there in age now and even in his prime, i dunno if he met girl's high standard. putting him on would be like giving up on trying to stay relevant imo. especially after a weird addition like brophy. they need a really good known pro whos still on the up. bobby dekeyzer would kinda fit, but i dont think he'd go for some reason
[close]
Girl's "high standard" has been their failure. Not taking chances on ams let alone pros and then Brophy GANG !
Their flow vortex looks like Powell in the late 80's.
[close]
The high-standard for Girl worked for a long time. What killed it was that a bunch of the guys who met the standard didn't stick around while the older generation faded away. Losing P-Rod, Jereme (if he actually continued to have a career) and AO made it a team of old dudes and some very good up and coming talent. Then MikeMo destroyed his knee, Malto is often injured and CK is likely going to jail.

The perfect fit for the Crailtap camp would be Louie Lopez, but I doubt he'd go over there.

All the am / young pro situations they’ve faced as well as their awful wood adds up to Girl / Chico not being around much longer. As much as I wish that wasn’t the case.
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

TD

• Rep: -2
« Reply #91 on: May 09, 2018, 04:28:43 AM »
It's one thing to ride boards from a company you aren't on quietly in between sponsors, and another to post about them like this on your story...
I dunno, I don't agree with the sentiment that he's too "youtube" for girl, dude has just been slept on really hard. Chocolate, maybe, but I definitely see him being at home on primitive more than either.

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #92 on: May 09, 2018, 05:36:40 AM »
It's one thing to ride boards from a company you aren't on quietly in between sponsors, and another to post about them like this on your story...
I dunno, I don't agree with the sentiment that he's too "youtube" for girl, dude has just been slept on really hard. Chocolate, maybe, but I definitely see him being at home on primitive more than either.
Saw my first KHart IG live at 2:00am the other night. I was surprised how many "Girl!!" Comments there were. Not all from the same person either. So many.
I'm excited to try the new Crail wood with the stamp on top.

TD

• Rep: -2
« Reply #93 on: May 09, 2018, 05:48:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Saw my first KHart IG live at 2:00am the other night. I was surprised how many "Girl!!" Comments there were. Not all from the same person either. So many.
I'm excited to try the new Crail wood with the stamp on top.

I've been skating a new one and it's pretty good feel-wise; I skate era one's so I won't say shit about muh boardfeel, but the concave and the tail tapering is comfy to skate, at least to me. Hopefully I don't snap it too soon

cloudy

« Reply #94 on: May 22, 2018, 06:29:51 AM »

Does anyone know if there is any merit to this guy's comment on Kelly's latest Instagram post?

subzero.d_lifer Kelly girl welcome board. These OG's head was bigger than normal OG's

I think I read somewhere on Slap that Kelly's been skating some of the old decks hanging around the set of The Nine Club, but I don't recall there ever being a series of Girl decks with this big-headed OG logo. Reminds me of the Big Head Mode cheat in GoldenEye, which would go along nicely with the late 1990's/early 2000's vibe Kelly's been going for (e.g. eS scheme). Also, I believe on The Nine Club they've made fun of Kelly for having a big head.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 06:31:24 AM by cloudy »

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #95 on: May 22, 2018, 06:35:38 AM »
The move would be weird and touch regressive for Girl, but I would back this all day. Kelly is, by far, the most slept on dude. Some of his shit is so perfect.

Ghost Face

• Rep: 110
« Reply #96 on: May 22, 2018, 06:47:42 AM »

Does anyone know if there is any merit to this guy's comment on Kelly's latest Instagram post?

subzero.d_lifer Kelly girl welcome board. These OG's head was bigger than normal OG's

I think I read somewhere on Slap that Kelly's been skating some of the old decks hanging around the set of The Nine Club, but I don't recall there ever being a series of Girl decks with this big-headed OG logo. Reminds me of the Big Head Mode cheat in GoldenEye, which would go along nicely with the late 1990's/early 2000's vibe Kelly's been going for (e.g. eS scheme). Also, I believe on The Nine Club they've made fun of Kelly for having a big head.

Looks like a different shade of black on the head though. Could just be a Nine Club sticker over the head making it look "big head". All the writing in blacked out too.
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

cloudy

« Reply #97 on: May 22, 2018, 07:02:16 AM »
Damn. You're exactly right. It's just a Nine Club sticker over the head. LOL. I got pretty hyped for a minute thinking I stumbled across something.

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #98 on: May 22, 2018, 07:05:15 AM »
Not.

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -139
« Reply #99 on: May 22, 2018, 07:16:17 AM »
Expand Quote
pretty crazy how many people think he should be on. dude was decent, but hes a bit up there in age now and even in his prime, i dunno if he met girl's high standard. putting him on would be like giving up on trying to stay relevant imo. especially after a weird addition like brophy. they need a really good known pro whos still on the up. bobby dekeyzer would kinda fit, but i dont think he'd go for some reason
[close]

haha Bobby would not fit on Girl what so ever, imo. More like Quasi , or Isle even.. Its obviously possible Kelly is just getting a few Girl boards from CRob to skate for the time being without actually being on the team. I was just thinking, maybe its possible Kelly could end up on Karl Watsons new company, Maxi something

did you two forget bobby is pro for habitat arguably the best company of all time? what the hell does bobby have to do with a washed up injured old man? He is the best skater out

Little Debbie

« Reply #100 on: May 22, 2018, 07:28:51 AM »
habiwhack definitely ain't the best company of all time

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #101 on: May 22, 2018, 07:34:39 AM »

Little Debbie

« Reply #102 on: May 22, 2018, 07:39:55 AM »
i don't see the text on that "nine club sticker", something might be afoot

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 731
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #103 on: May 22, 2018, 10:00:56 AM »
You guys are starting to sound like those Qanon idiots, no offense
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -490
« Reply #104 on: May 22, 2018, 10:55:27 AM »
i don't see the text on that "nine club sticker", something might be afoot

You can see the orange a little in the first. Big head boards would be cool though. Kelly deserves it though. But yeah sadly girl and chocolate won’t stick around much longer I fear. But hey if baker can stick around maybe crailtap can too. They just need to stop selling the package deal and put griffin gass on fully too and they could have a team of good ams. And ya know bring your ams on fucking trips to China instead of the old heads.  If the new wood is actually good I’ll check out a chocolate board soon. Mike carrol does talk about the 20 year curse a bunch he has to be worried.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #105 on: May 22, 2018, 11:08:33 AM »
someone asked him about this durring a live stream he did last week and he just said hes skating what he wants to skate simply because he can and he likes girl, not a ploy for him to get on the team.

Number

• Rep: 22
« Reply #106 on: May 22, 2018, 11:20:33 AM »
Whatever company he goes to. He should do some sort of Bret Hart/ Hart Foundation board.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #107 on: May 22, 2018, 11:26:19 AM »
Are you guys forgetting that it took 75 years and the total decline of Kayo for him to go pro in the first place?

cloudy

« Reply #108 on: May 22, 2018, 11:48:40 AM »
someone asked him about this durring a live stream he did last week and he just said hes skating what he wants to skate simply because he can and he likes girl, not a ploy for him to get on the team.

This may be a stretch, but couldn't this situation wind up similarly to how things played out with BA and AH? I believe BA has said in interviews that after 3D fell apart, he started riding AH decks because he always liked them (and may have even been riding them back during his days with Girl?), not as some kind of "ploy" to get on the team. Then he eventually got on.

Or perhaps this could develop into a Johnny Layton/Welcome situation. On his episode of The Bunt, he said that after he got booted from Toy Machine, he picked up a Welcome board because he wanted to try out the whole shaped deck thing. Daniel Vargas saw him skating it and saw that he was psyched on the brand, and then Welcome ended up collaborating with Johnny to put out a guest board. Even if Girl just did a one-off deck for Kelly (maybe something Nine Club-related, considering Crob is part of the Crailtap family), I'd back it.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 03:14:40 PM by cloudy »

Shifty Flip

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #109 on: May 22, 2018, 01:10:18 PM »
He also  talked about the new wood feeling good and snappy

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #110 on: May 23, 2018, 01:01:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

haha Bobby would not fit on Girl what so ever, imo. More like Quasi , or Isle even.. Its obviously possible Kelly is just getting a few Girl boards from CRob to skate for the time being without actually being on the team. I was just thinking, maybe its possible Kelly could end up on Karl Watsons new company, Maxi something
[close]

did you two forget bobby is pro for habitat arguably the best company of all time? what the hell does bobby have to do with a washed up injured old man? He is the best skater out

not sure why i picked bobby. he was the first sick ledge skater in his prime that i could think of. just saying they need someone like that, not kelly hart who regardless of what you think of his skating, isnt up and coming or in his prime.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #111 on: May 23, 2018, 01:21:09 AM »
I’m more surprised so many people here watch Instagram live stories.

Shifty Flip

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #112 on: May 23, 2018, 06:16:04 AM »
I’m more surprised so many people here watch Instagram live stories.

I only clicked on Kelly's live at 1:00am because I thought they might be taking questions for a nine club episode. I swear

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #113 on: May 23, 2018, 08:18:36 AM »
skeep dap doob boobity bop! been had polo! heard jonathon hart is gonna be on CREATURE
good come sausage

colt cannon lunchbox

• Rep: -92
« Reply #114 on: June 21, 2018, 03:06:34 PM »
Just Eldridge flow unfortunately. Just discussed on the nine club exp.

Would still like to see Kelly with a board sponsor but I guess he is pretty busy with eS.

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #115 on: June 21, 2018, 03:15:18 PM »

Would still like to see Kelly with a board sponsor but I guess he is pretty busy with eS.

I thought it was pretty dope that he admitted to looking at Slap. Hi Kelly! Hope you get hooked up by someone.

butterballs for jerry

• Rep: -56
« Reply #116 on: June 21, 2018, 03:47:24 PM »
Yo Kelly! Film another one of those Stevie Williams switch heels like from that warm up line from, what, ten years ago?
I was standing staring at the world, and I still can't see it

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #117 on: June 22, 2018, 01:52:47 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I thought it was pretty dope that he admitted to looking at Slap. Hi Kelly! Hope you get hooked up by someone.
It's a brave man that admits to his industry peers and the greater public that he reads Slap. The Nine Club has really endeared me to K Fatty and I wish him well. If only Roger would come out and say where he gets some of his news highlights.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2537
« Reply #118 on: June 22, 2018, 04:39:41 AM »
I'm not a board collector, but wouldn't you rather sell the signed boards (which might be years old) and buy new ones?
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

himlor

• Rep: 18
« Reply #119 on: June 22, 2018, 05:42:19 PM »
Kelly is very attractive, fairly successful in his career, very friendly and chatty and of at least average intelligence. If you think that guy isn't a big hit with the ladies, I'd like to hear why.

hes fine until he starts talking to them