Author Topic: Whiskey Whisky  (Read 5483 times)

SaySo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 113
  • "Yellow buttercup. Helicopters. Orange buttercat."
Re: Whiskey Whisky
« Reply #90 on: April 13, 2022, 06:44:58 AM »
Oh boy. Haven't drank in years. Bourbon was my jam though. Cheap and potent most of the time though, Wild Turkey 101...

My sister's husband is high end alcohol sales person. Homie's liquor hutch is filled with rare whiskeys. Never got to drink with him, and that's a good thing, but man, it's a serious collection. Dude's brother is getting married and he got him some bottles of some rare/expensive whiskey, can't remember what it is, but the distro sold it to him at cost, $60/bottle, and it's something package stores sell for $400+/bottle. Talk about a mark up.

Unreal that people will pay so much for something they can only rent but never buy, right? Hahaha.
"I've got a friend of polar nature, and it's all peace. You and I seek similar stars, but can't sit at the same feast."

"Not every pony grows up to be a Pegasus."

"There's smoke in my iris, but I painted a sunny day on the insides of my eyelids."

SaySo

• Rep: 113
  • "Yellow buttercup. Helicopters. Orange buttercat."
« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2022, 06:52:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Ive recently been on a Japanese whiskey tip, bought a $50 bottle of something recently that was amazing
[close]
Am I the only one that doesn't like Japanese whiskey? I've had a few and they taste watery to me. Don't remember brands though. I just thought the labels were kewl 😎.

To be honest, I'm not too fond of it either. I've had the chance to sample a fair assortment here and there (living in Japan), and while as a genre I've found it to be very consistent, and hitting "all the right notes," it seems overly processed/refined, if you know what I mean?

Like, if Japanese whisky were a skater, it'd be able to any trick flawlessly but have absolutely no soul or style involved.
"I've got a friend of polar nature, and it's all peace. You and I seek similar stars, but can't sit at the same feast."

"Not every pony grows up to be a Pegasus."

"There's smoke in my iris, but I painted a sunny day on the insides of my eyelids."

Andmoreagain

• Rep: 52
« Reply #92 on: April 13, 2022, 10:24:22 AM »
So two of my good friends ended up being fairly successful craft distillers. I've asked them a few times what the best whiskey to get on a budget and they recommended: Old Overholt, Mellow Corn, Wild Turkey.

So that's mostly what I get for whiskey except for their stuff. I've also learned from them that a lot of "craft" distillers just buy whiskey from massive corporate distilleries and blend it. A huge portion of the industry is just marketing.

Rusty Shackleford

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
  • you know about goretex?
« Reply #93 on: April 19, 2022, 02:25:19 PM »
everyday: evan williams white label
payday: hochstadters rock and rye