Author Topic: Best board graphics right now  (Read 15355 times)

Howie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 9
Re: Best board graphics right now
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2016, 04:29:29 PM »
I really liked these decks cliche put out. I'd skate one but I can't find any of them around here.

Also any Polar stuff is obviously sick.

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2016, 01:31:14 AM »
Did FA set off the embossed trend?

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2016, 02:51:54 AM »
I really liked the Anti Hero Wild Unknown series. Somehow I kinda managed to miss it though. Still available in a bunch of shops, but probably not for long.

Other than that, Real has been really improving their graphics lately. Toy Machine has been lacking. Even Foundation has been better:

Krooked has been hit or miss. Enjoi even more so.

Some local Finnish companies have also done some nice stuff.
This deck by Tikari I liked a lot:

Also these ones from Aste:

shit_for_brains

« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2016, 05:58:38 AM »
I totally agree on Krooked being hit or miss. They were among the best for years and years but they seem to be sort of averaging out the past few runs. Krooked lite.

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2016, 06:10:45 AM »
Paisley Skateboards. 

Sean Cliver is the main artist so you know it's going to be good... I full on support these guys.

Andmoreagain

• Rep: 52
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2016, 06:22:50 AM »
I totally agree on Krooked being hit or miss. They were among the best for years and years but they seem to be sort of averaging out the past few runs. Krooked lite.

It seems like the same sorta thing that happened to Toy Machine. The graphics seem so manufactured now. Like they were done in illustrator by someone copying Gonz's and Templeton's styles.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2016, 06:37:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It seems like the same sorta thing that happened to Toy Machine. The graphics seem so manufactured now. Like they were done in illustrator by someone copying Gonz's and Templeton's styles.

Toy Machine started going with characters exclusively, which was what killed World, Blind, etc in terms of respectability. I know they made a fuckload of money but at a big cost. They have a rad team and legacy but their graphics are so phoned in now, and that's a big part of what made Toy Machine special.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1022
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2016, 06:53:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That's because it IS.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2016, 10:07:39 AM »
Paisley Skateboards. 

Sean Cliver is the main artist so you know it's going to be good... I full on support these guys.

Paisley is rad. I have like 3 prints from them. It's like getting art work from Cliver for a decent price, unlike his Supreme stuff.

This one is the best.

I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

fangen

« Reply #69 on: August 02, 2016, 05:35:02 AM »
Did FA set off the embossed trend?
Nah, Alien were doing it. No surprise considering fucking awesome uses the same wood. ~Pretty cool gimmick, steers away from the lack luster art direction~.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 04:30:26 PM by fangen »

Jordick

« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2016, 07:32:37 AM »
Antihero's been my favorite skate company for years but does anyone else feel like lately the art direction has been lacking?

GOATMOON

• Rep: -1
« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2016, 08:26:24 AM »
Antihero's been my favorite skate company for years but does anyone else feel like lately the art direction has been lacking?
I thought the series that Jef Whitehead did was pretty cool, but other than that I agree.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2016, 08:35:25 AM »
DLX is sort of homogenizing their graphics it seems like. Real is getting better while krooked and anti-hero become less notable. DLX guys I'll still ride your stuff anyway.

Jordick

« Reply #73 on: August 02, 2016, 08:56:47 AM »
^agree with both of you guys. I'm not sure if I'm a minority here, but I like when AH pumps out goofy graphics like these the most probably

Sorry for all the pictures but these were all just so rad

Main

• Rep: -208
« Reply #74 on: August 02, 2016, 11:54:54 AM »
I've been wanting to try out Lifeblood skateboards, as Mark "Red" Scott is one bad ass mofo, but I really can't get down with their graphics :/

Mcfctid

« Reply #75 on: August 02, 2016, 12:32:26 PM »
^agree with both of you guys. I'm not sure if I'm a minority here, but I like when AH pumps out goofy graphics

I dunno , I feel like the anti hero graphics post 2005 try way too hard, I'm sorry but a dead dog is a bit much.

Main

« Reply #76 on: August 02, 2016, 01:11:14 PM »
Expand Quote
^agree with both of you guys. I'm not sure if I'm a minority here, but I like when AH pumps out goofy graphics
[close]
I dunno , I feel like the anti hero graphics post 2005 try way too hard, I'm sorry but a dead dog is a bit much.

How does someone "try way too hard" with their graphics?

Mcfctid

« Reply #77 on: August 02, 2016, 01:28:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Wrong choice of words,  but I'm just not into it when brands try to be overly offensive /edgy on their board graphics. Dead animals, and known serial killers/rapists is a little much for me, but that's me, clearly there is a market and demand for it

Main

« Reply #78 on: August 02, 2016, 03:37:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Wrong choice of words,  but I'm just not into it when brands try to be overly offensive /edgy on their board graphics. Dead animals, and known serial killers/rapists is a little much for me, but that's me, clearly there is a market and demand for it

I think you're just easily offended is what it boils down to. They're graphics on a skateboard for christ sake...

Mcfctid

« Reply #79 on: August 02, 2016, 04:02:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

I think you're just easily offended is what it boils down to. They're graphics on a skateboard for christ sake...

Easily offended would mean I want to stop them from being made, if you read what I wrote I said that there clearly is a market for these boards, I'm just not into it.  Just like there are board graphics you wouldn't be into,  it's all preference

fangen

« Reply #80 on: August 02, 2016, 04:28:44 PM »
Offense and litigation are not the same, dummy.

Main

« Reply #81 on: August 02, 2016, 04:55:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Easily offended would mean I want to stop them from being made, if you read what I wrote I said that there clearly is a market for these boards, I'm just not into it.  Just like there are board graphics you wouldn't be into,  it's all preference

Yeah, I can read. You said the reason you're not into it is because it's "overly offensive/edgy". If you get offended by a skateboard graphic, you're overly sensitive. If I'm not into a board graphic, it's because I just don't like the art on it, not whether or not it's "offensive".

And lets face it...those Anti Hero graphics are awesome and hilarious. If you can't see the humor in it, you're way too uptight.

Mcfctid

« Reply #82 on: August 02, 2016, 05:13:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah, I can read. You said the reason you're not into it is because it's "overly offensive/edgy". If you get offended by a skateboard graphic, you're overly sensitive. If I'm not into a board graphic, it's because I just don't like the art on it, not whether or not it's "offensive".

And lets face it...those Anti Hero graphics are awesome and hilarious. If you can't see the humor in it, you're way too uptight.

I suppose I am then

Toydivision

« Reply #83 on: August 02, 2016, 05:31:46 PM »

Was really tempted to buy this deck when I saw it at a local a month or two back. Thought it looked as awesome as it is hilarious.

Mcfctid

« Reply #84 on: August 02, 2016, 07:42:31 PM »

Was really tempted to buy this deck when I saw it at a local a month or two back. Thought it looked as awesome as it is hilarious.

Not gonna lie,  that is pretty clever. I guess I've been looking at this graphic thing a bit wrong. Thank you MAIN

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • HANNIBAL!!
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #85 on: August 02, 2016, 07:47:10 PM »

picked this up for the wall.

WantSomeSlaw

• Rep: -26
  • bohica
« Reply #86 on: August 02, 2016, 07:47:57 PM »
I forget how to link pics, but the Consolidated "Good Luck" graphic. I love it so much I have it on a fingerboard lol
http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0792/1303/products/goodluck.png?v=1427846492
Shit could be worse

Main

« Reply #87 on: August 02, 2016, 08:35:32 PM »
Not gonna lie,  that is pretty clever. I guess I've been looking at this graphic thing a bit wrong. Thank you MAIN

Anytime, bud.

Mcfctid

« Reply #88 on: August 06, 2016, 06:00:08 AM »
I rather like the "Caliente" series by 5boro ,

Same with Traffics new "working class" series, picked up the Coakley 8.125 model the other day

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #89 on: August 06, 2016, 10:46:36 AM »
That Traffic working class series looks dope as fuck!  :o