Author Topic: Awkward Situations at the Skatepark  (Read 56350 times)

Space Cowboy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 69
Re: Awkward Situations at the Skatepark
« Reply #330 on: August 07, 2021, 08:39:04 AM »
there is this grom that skates at the local super often that yells at people to watch him do a kickflip and asks people for 5 bucks constantly, I try to just act like I don't hear him or ignore him to avoid being a complete asshole

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1589
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #331 on: August 07, 2021, 08:58:24 AM »
Kids stealing my moves.....

cky enthusiast

« Reply #332 on: August 07, 2021, 08:59:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
A group of kids on bikes (maybe 11 to 14 years old) proclaimed it was their park now and they will ride whenever and however they like. I can share but then you roll in on me, I'm going to explain I like to use the deep and shallow in the same run and you have to wait. Needless to say, they told me to fuck off and continued deliberately cutting everyone off.  So I let the air out of one of their bike tires. They called me a 'tweaker' and threatened to get their dad. I welcomed the threat. Anyway, I felt a little awkward being a middle aged man letting air out of kids' bike tries... but you can't punch kids these days...
[close]
  I've had a young kid at the park try to physically fight me and I knew I couldn't punch him so I spit in his face. Still assault bit I thought it was the lesser evil of the 2.
[close]

grown men threatening children is definitely awkward
[close]
  (If this was directed towards me.) Thing is I came into the park these 2 brothers were known for being big troublemakers and were kicked out of a lot of the skate related programs in the city. Anyways I was hurt so I was out for a bit came into the park and they started antagonizing me heavily. I didn't do anything but stand there and just let them verbally berate me as much as possible and trust me these kids were evil. I guess something inside me snapped obviously but I knew I couldn't punch the kid in the face so I resorted to spitting. End of story. I never provoked them but this is slap and everyone assumes whatever negative outcome there is to any situation is the best so I'm not surprised you thought I was antagonizing them.

whatever you need to do to rationalize spitting in the face of a child man, it’s all good

boi-cuzudo

« Reply #333 on: August 07, 2021, 09:10:52 AM »
Roll into the park, immediately a 12-year-old on a BMX bike yells "DO A KICKFLIP!" followed by "JUMP OVER MY BIKE!". I don't, he proceeds to ride his bike right behind me, he runs his front tire into my ankle. I'm bleeding profusely. 

I inform him I had a rough day at work and just want to be left alone. He follows that up with something along the lines of "you work? how old are you", "33". He then starts yelling to his scooter friends across the park that the "GIRL IS 33!". Then he tells me he never saw a girl sweat as much as I do.

I sit down at the bench and pretend to be on my phone while waiting for him to leave. He comes over, grabs a gallon of water, and pours it all over his body. He proceeds to slowly take off his shirt while maintaining eye contact. He asks if he looked sexy. I literally can't anymore and dip.

This 12 y.o. brat sounds like a big asshole, you should've ignored his existence from the beginning. He probably would try harder to get your attention and look more pathetic.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 804
« Reply #334 on: August 07, 2021, 09:34:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
A group of kids on bikes (maybe 11 to 14 years old) proclaimed it was their park now and they will ride whenever and however they like. I can share but then you roll in on me, I'm going to explain I like to use the deep and shallow in the same run and you have to wait. Needless to say, they told me to fuck off and continued deliberately cutting everyone off.  So I let the air out of one of their bike tires. They called me a 'tweaker' and threatened to get their dad. I welcomed the threat. Anyway, I felt a little awkward being a middle aged man letting air out of kids' bike tries... but you can't punch kids these days...
[close]
  I've had a young kid at the park try to physically fight me and I knew I couldn't punch him so I spit in his face. Still assault bit I thought it was the lesser evil of the 2.
[close]

[close]
  (If this was directed towards me.) Thing is I came into the park these 2 brothers were known for being big troublemakers and were kicked out of a lot of the skate related programs in the city. Anyways I was hurt so I was out for a bit came into the park and they started antagonizing me heavily. I didn't do anything but stand there and just let them verbally berate me as much as possible and trust me these kids were evil. I guess something inside me snapped obviously but I knew I couldn't punch the kid in the face so I resorted to spitting. End of story. I never provoked them but this is slap and everyone assumes whatever negative outcome there is to any situation is the best so I'm not surprised you thought I was antagonizing them.
[close]

whatever you need to do to rationalize spitting in the face of a child man, it’s all good

Gimme a fuckin break.  There was once a time when you mouthed off to an adult you got your ass kicked.  If you cried to your parents about it, you got your ass kicked again.  Too many brats go through life unchallenged And unscathed.  They get to adulthood thinking they can get away with anything.  OP did this kid a favor.
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1407
« Reply #335 on: August 07, 2021, 09:36:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Gimme a fuckin break.  There was once a time when you mouthed off to an adult you got your ass kicked.  If you cried to your parents about it, you got your ass kicked again.  Too many brats go through life unchallenged And unscathed.  They get to adulthood thinking they can get away with anything.  OP did this kid a favor.

Yeah someone definitely needs to check more kids at the park because they're up to some stupid shit sometimes

throwaway187

• Rep: -3
« Reply #336 on: August 07, 2021, 09:57:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

ha i don't even care anymore I was just contributing to a thread on a message board full of negative people like you so I'm not surprised

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1572
« Reply #337 on: August 07, 2021, 10:01:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah someone definitely needs to check more kids at the park because they're up to some stupid shit sometimes

Recently at my local park, there has been this half dozen of kids (15-18) who just wait until someone is solo skating the park to then try and throw stones at them from the other side of the fence (and I do mean actual stones and hand-sized chunks of concrete, not little pebbles). When you try something as simple as talking to them (even in a chill, patient way), they pussy out, pretending to be mute as they study your reaction and then running away as soon as you make the slightest move towards the fence, only to come back later and start doing it again. I've told them to give skateboarding a try if they're that bored countless times. Like how stupid do you have to be; you're literally just asking for someone twice your age to fuck you up eventually if they happen to operate on a similar low level of intelligence. I'm glad I don't, now the smartest move would be to go and find their parents but I just don't have that time and patience anymore (also I suspect their elders actually ask them to act that way to protect the drug deals on their turf) and so in the end it's just one more reason for me to avoid skateparks. Skateparks in general have become bullshit central, and I skate to forget about the bullshit, not dip myself in it.

Landmine

• Rep: 185
« Reply #338 on: August 07, 2021, 10:56:19 AM »
I was the awkward one last weekend.

I was at a park I hadn't been to in a long time, and found this little out of the way bank section and was having fun trying to re-learn 50-50 stalls on the edge.  I took a break to get some water and sit in the shade for a bit, and a couple of younger girls come over and start skating the bank.  I chill for a bit, roll around some, then go back to the bank.  The girls are still there, just talkin, that's cool.  I can of course skate the same spot as another person.  Oh wait, I'm kinda old and gross looking, and the rest of the park is kinda crowded, maybe I should just say hi and make it less awkward that I'm right there.  I don't wanna interrupt them though, maybe I'll just wave and not be a weirdo.

So I just walked up and yelled like "HEY CAN I FALL DOWN HERE?"

I don't know where that came from.

Immediately I'm in my own head about it, I have no idea what they said, if anything.  I just kinda slowly skated for a minute, then got in my car and left.

What the fuck.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #339 on: August 07, 2021, 11:01:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

if you can’t think of a way to outwit a teenager i’m not suprised you also have some “might makes right” attitude. and lol at calling me negative when you’re spitting on fucking children.

they’re kids and obviously insecure- there’s a lot you can do with that if you have a triple digit IQ instead of being a fuckin caveman and being like “man i wish i could beat up children”

donkey

• Rep: -67
  • donk
« Reply #340 on: August 07, 2021, 01:56:42 PM »
hahah that guy actually spit on a legit child instead of just literally doing anything else to an annoying child at the skatepark lol lol

quesly

• Rep: 14
« Reply #341 on: August 07, 2021, 02:13:39 PM »
Not so much awkward as it was weird. I was skating the park and there were a billion of little kids like there normally are and my board shot out not super fast across the park and it was making a beeline at this kid just standing in the middle of the park with a scooter who was probably less than 5 years old I yell "look out board" and the kid just stares at me like a deer in headlights I say "look out" again and he's still just staring at me and it nails him right in the ankle he looks down for a second to acknowledge it hit him and then just kept staring at me I walk over grab my board and say "sorry, are you ok?" and he doesn't respond and keeps staring at me and I just picked up my board and skated away. It was really creepy and I ended up going home right after that because I was so weirded out. Did this kid cast a hex on me?

dofrenzy

« Reply #342 on: August 07, 2021, 02:14:18 PM »
@PuffinMuffin yeah, one of my best life experiences was going to the park with my daughter (12 years old, rollerblades) but as the saying goes, “boys will be insecure, selfish, idiot assholes”, or something like that.  We enjoy the backyard mini now. 

throwaway187

• Rep: -3
« Reply #343 on: August 07, 2021, 02:44:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

if you can’t think of a way to outwit a teenager i’m not suprised you also have some “might makes right” attitude. and lol at calling me negative when you’re spitting on fucking children.

they’re kids and obviously insecure- there’s a lot you can do with that if you have a triple digit IQ instead of being a fuckin caveman and being like “man i wish i could beat up children”
he's not the 1 spitting on children I AM. Drop it dude this was 15 years ago kid is grown and he even apologized to me when he grew up so stop it dude.

dustyassrocketswitchv

• Rep: -137
« Reply #344 on: August 07, 2021, 05:10:57 PM »
going to a skatepark is an awkward situation in general
big texas cummer

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #345 on: August 07, 2021, 09:21:28 PM »
my father was a patient man but if i did something inexcusable absolutely out of line i got smacked. im still thankful for the oldschool ways. kids have no shame these days. not saying this to encourage hitting someone elses kid either. karma is everyones dad at the end of the day or something like that. oopsie typo
« Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 09:32:14 PM by Hinna »

pamier

• Rep: 15
« Reply #346 on: August 07, 2021, 10:01:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
he's not the 1 spitting on children I AM. Drop it dude this was 15 years ago kid is grown and he even apologized to me when he grew up so stop it dude.
I feel like you made up the spitting part and only thought of it. You came to your favorite skateboarding forum to seek validation lollllll wtf dude

dofrenzy

« Reply #347 on: August 08, 2021, 04:14:55 AM »

Chances are that the punks at the skate park have pretty shitty lives to begin with and dominating them with violence is the same type of abuse they are already traumatized by.  Sometimes walking away is the best option for everyone.

Edited to remove my “spankings” reference.  LOL
« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 05:22:22 AM by dofrenzy »

Eds_gallerist

« Reply #348 on: August 08, 2021, 04:35:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Roll into the park, immediately a 12-year-old on a BMX bike yells "DO A KICKFLIP!" followed by "JUMP OVER MY BIKE!". I don't, he proceeds to ride his bike right behind me, he runs his front tire into my ankle. I'm bleeding profusely. 

I inform him I had a rough day at work and just want to be left alone. He follows that up with something along the lines of "you work? how old are you", "33". He then starts yelling to his scooter friends across the park that the "GIRL IS 33!". Then he tells me he never saw a girl sweat as much as I do.

I sit down at the bench and pretend to be on my phone while waiting for him to leave. He comes over, grabs a gallon of water, and pours it all over his body. He proceeds to slowly take off his shirt while maintaining eye contact. He asks if he looked sexy. I literally can't anymore and dip.
[close]

This 12 y.o. brat sounds like a big asshole, you should've ignored his existence from the beginning. He probably would try harder to get your attention and look more pathetic.

I get your intentions but I believe @PuffinMuffin wanted to share her story on being annoyed/harrassed by a little wanker and was probably not looking for advice how to react next time. Skateparks are weird already, I bet they must be more difficult for women with all the insecure guys there. That being said our local park seems pretty ok in that regard. But then it is not a classic skatepark with scooterkids and all.

Some of the stories posted here are wild, especially the one with the stones thrown at you while skating. Reminds me of the 90ies when skating was less accepted and we were sometimes attacked by neonazis and other assholes that thought beating up kids at the park was a great way to spend their day.

sk8boarding is puzzle art

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #349 on: August 08, 2021, 06:02:13 AM »
I just wanted to apologize if my tone in text ever sounded dangerous or threatening, I truly am sorry for being so rude, I am in no way a mean, dangerous or threatening person, I am not in any way serious when trolling online but I realized trolling is something I should never do and I learned that being upset online is something I should never do either.  I hope to see a psychologist soon and I am working hard to gain more emotional intelligence, I have been reading a good book on the subject, I was having a very hard time and I am sorry, nothing I wrote was directed to anyone specific but still I directed myself on slap in an angry or mean way, I apologize, it will never happen again.  I hope that the skate community can forgive me.  I love what you guys do for skateboarding. Skateboarding forever.  peace love unity respect

and now for a skateboard joke: Nothing can stop skateboarders. Well, except pebbles.  :D

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1407
« Reply #350 on: August 08, 2021, 07:15:25 AM »
I just wanted to apologize if my tone in text ever sounded dangerous or threatening, I truly am sorry for being so rude, I am in no way a mean, dangerous or threatening person, I am not in any way serious when trolling online but I realized trolling is something I should never do and I learned that being upset online is something I should never do either.  I hope to see a psychologist soon and I am working hard to gain more emotional intelligence, I have been reading a good book on the subject, I was having a very hard time and I am sorry, nothing I wrote was directed to anyone specific but still I directed myself on slap in an angry or mean way, I apologize, it will never happen again.  I hope that the skate community can forgive me.  I love what you guys do for skateboarding. Skateboarding forever.  peace love unity respect

and now for a skateboard joke: Nothing can stop skateboarders. Well, except pebbles.  :D

That's good to hear man, i hope you get the help you need and can keep skating ❤️

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1261
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #351 on: August 08, 2021, 09:04:12 AM »
fuck skateparks

boi-cuzudo

« Reply #352 on: August 08, 2021, 09:54:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I get your intentions but I believe @PuffinMuffin wanted to share her story on being annoyed/harrassed by a little wanker and was probably not looking for advice how to react next time. Skateparks are weird already, I bet they must be more difficult for women with all the insecure guys there. That being said our local park seems pretty ok in that regard. But then it is not a classic skatepark with scooterkids and all.

Some of the stories posted here are wild, especially the one with the stones thrown at you while skating. Reminds me of the 90ies when skating was less accepted and we were sometimes attacked by neonazis and other assholes that thought beating up kids at the park was a great way to spend their day.

Ok I WILL NOT GIVE advice on the messageboard anymore since no one asked for it  :P
next time i will charge money for my wisdom  ::)

edit: it's not fair i call some random kid i dont even know an asshole on the internet, its kinda coward actually. he was obviously trying to get some attention but ended up having the opposite effect,.. i was baffled and gave uninvited advice, which can come off as patronizing, and oh my god trhere is nothing worse than condescending people

we all want to be loved an accepted after all

« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 10:09:16 AM by boi-cuzudo »

boi-cuzudo

« Reply #353 on: August 08, 2021, 10:24:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Recently at my local park, there has been this half dozen of kids (15-18) who just wait until someone is solo skating the park to then try and throw stones at them from the other side of the fence (and I do mean actual stones and hand-sized chunks of concrete, not little pebbles). When you try something as simple as talking to them (even in a chill, patient way), they pussy out, pretending to be mute as they study your reaction and then running away as soon as you make the slightest move towards the fence, only to come back later and start doing it again. I've told them to give skateboarding a try if they're that bored countless times. Like how stupid do you have to be; you're literally just asking for someone twice your age to fuck you up eventually if they happen to operate on a similar low level of intelligence. I'm glad I don't, now the smartest move would be to go and find their parents but I just don't have that time and patience anymore (also I suspect their elders actually ask them to act that way to protect the drug deals on their turf) and so in the end it's just one more reason for me to avoid skateparks. Skateparks in general have become bullshit central, and I skate to forget about the bullshit, not dip myself in it.

Wow, that's a sad scene. I hope they are not throwing rocks at little kids.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #354 on: August 08, 2021, 10:35:16 AM »

Oh, that story sucks but if you think it's that bad, wait until I bring up the story of my friends (the grandsons of Félix Guattari, by the way) being chased out of a skatepark in Brazil by some random with a machete for making too much noise. Apparently the guy even ran after them for a while until they reached the streets; honestly, they like to bring it up a bit too often and so I don't know how much of it is real, but at this point I wouldn't be more or less surprised if all of it were.

@boi-cuzudo that used to be my concern too but no, for some reason it seems like the older, solo skaters are fair game but those guys don't look like they would fuck with kids their age or younger. It's just pure provocation and as stupid as if cows started trying to interact with the trains they like to watch zoom by to kill time.

boi-cuzudo

« Reply #355 on: August 08, 2021, 11:35:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Oh, that story sucks but if you think it's that bad, wait until I bring up the story of my friends (the grandsons of Félix Guattari, by the way) being chased out of a skatepark in Brazil by some random with a machete for making too much noise. Apparently the guy even ran after them for a while until they reached the streets; honestly, they like to bring it up a bit too often and so I don't know how much of it is real, but at this point I wouldn't be more or less surprised if all of it were.

@boi-cuzudo that used to be my concern too but no, for some reason it seems like the older, solo skaters are fair game but those guys don't look like they would fuck with kids their age or younger. It's just pure provocation and as stupid as if cows started trying to interact with the trains they like to watch zoom by to kill time.

oh karma will bite their ass sooner or later!

I'm not surprised your friend was chased. Once something similar happened to me, an intolerant hateful type tried to run over me with his car, but that failed, so the driver got out of the car and started swinging a metal bar and chasing me...all because I was skateboarding. The cops were close-by and ignored, us. I nopped the hell out as fast as I could.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #356 on: August 08, 2021, 11:48:17 AM »
what were those cops doing not stopping a dude chasing a kid with a blunt instrument. crazy. only time i ever had rocks thrown was when my friend and i were like 12 skating behind this warehouse type store. these kids mightve been refugees or something idk

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #357 on: August 08, 2021, 11:54:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I'm not surprised your friend was chased. Once something similar happened to me, an intolerant hateful type tried to run over me with his car, but that failed, so the driver got out of the car and started swinging a metal bar and chasing me...all because I was skateboarding. The cops were close-by and ignored, us. I nopped the hell out as fast as I could.

I've witnessed a woman trying to run my friend over with their car for skateboarding before too and when confronted she said 'well that would have made for one less of you at least', that wasn't at a skatepark though but at the plaza I grew up skating. That woman was a local nutcase and another time she straight up jacked our bags, threw them into her husband's car trunk and drove off with everything (also after kicking a brand new camera out of the filmer's hands). Except she literally lived there and so of course, half an hour later, she had to come back. She did so with the cops and after hearing us, when they opened her trunk to reveal the stolen bags and threatened to arrest her instead, she broke down in tears and lamented 'now even the police is siding with the youth!'.

boi-cuzudo

« Reply #358 on: August 08, 2021, 12:31:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I've witnessed a woman trying to run my friend over with their car for skateboarding before too and when confronted she said 'well that would have made for one less of you at least', that wasn't at a skatepark though but at the plaza I grew up skating. That woman was a local nutcase and another time she straight up jacked our bags, threw them into her husband's car trunk and drove off with everything (also after kicking a brand new camera out of the filmer's hands). Except she literally lived there and so of course, half an hour later, she had to come back. She did so with the cops and after hearing us, when they opened her trunk to reveal the stolen bags and threatened to arrest her instead, she broke down in tears and lamented 'now even the police is siding with the youth!'.

I'm glad she didn't kill anyone with her car, it baffles me how ignorant aggressive people go an extra mile to harass innocent people and still think they are the right ones doing the right thing.  :(

skatingisntspecialstupid

• Rep: 57
« Reply #359 on: August 08, 2021, 01:33:20 PM »
I think I saw the Olympics roll up yesterday. I got to the park early, day off, skated a bit, left to get food and got back to the park. There was an SUV with about ten kids coming out. Most of them had skateboards though one kid had some super market inline skates. No one could Ollie very well and they weren’t that young looking. I’ve seen scooter kids but this seemed like something different. I guess because no one ever goes to this park that early, it was odd. The park itself isn’t very popular. That’s what made it nice. I guess I’m just scared of change.
Don’t dip your head in or your board will end up behind you