Poll

Are you watching GiftedHater?

Yes
No
Yes & Patreon subscribed
Fuck no
Fred Gall

Author Topic: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?  (Read 419707 times)

TerryFunk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 9
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?
« Reply #4080 on: April 06, 2024, 10:58:54 PM »
I’ve watched the video he had about the Mikey Alfred thing but that’s it I believe. Just would rather watch skate videos or interviews tbh

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1966
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #4081 on: April 06, 2024, 11:09:09 PM »
Mikey Taylor is fucking insufferable to listen to.  It’s a shame his part can’t be erased from Mindfield

Maybe AI will finally serve mankind as intended.

The board brand with just 1 pro and scheduled drops is fucking disgusting, symptomatic of all facets of consumer marketing. No one makes a product anymore, it's drops, with manufactured scarcity to drive up resale prices. Except Primitive's decks / apparel are so unappealing there is a glut of product that can't move even when heavily discounted.

Their last WWE collab was the worst by far - I can see how the anime ones would hit a demographic (outside the core skate market, disposable income, collector, anime fan), but who is out there clamoring for a DX or Stone Cold graphic??
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Shtonk

• Rep: -437
« Reply #4082 on: April 06, 2024, 11:30:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
gh is much better at punching down than up
this video was pure slap bait, if not narration
who cares about primitive? p-rod? bojack?

i back the format tho
primitive might pay great skaters
but they dont need core money
less obvious brands need call outs
[close]

punching down at primitive... the world must truly be quite something through your eyes.
[close]
prod on a mikey taylor podcast is punching down
the guy who was just raffling away a tesla
on a podcast with a “grindset guru” to say the least
the guys that regularly get wedgies on this very forum

if you think thats punching up, you might have CTE
but maybe your next shitty thread will bring enlightenment

Behold the old Slap. Dudes who throw brain damage around as an insult and whose hierarchy goes by what's cool on an internet forum, not by who's exploiting and who's exploited. You can still punch UP at a LOW hanging fruit, which is what you were trying to say all along but I'm not the one thinking mental issues are a fun thing to accuse strangers of whose opinion I don't like. Dumbo.

AllisonChalmers

• Rep: -41
« Reply #4083 on: April 06, 2024, 11:52:52 PM »
Exac
I mean he's right, these mfs doing dogshit product blaming the "industry" is borderline insanity

Not borderline insanity but full blown ignorance. I'd like to think core brands are doing better than ever and the 'great downturn' is actually just all the turds that used to float at the top finally sinking down to the bottom.

shockpadsandwristguards

• Rep: -254
« Reply #4084 on: April 07, 2024, 03:08:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Mikey Taylor is fucking insufferable to listen to.  It’s a shame his part can’t be erased from Mindfield
[close]

The board brand with just 1 pro and scheduled drops is fucking disgusting, symptomatic of all facets of consumer marketing. No one makes a product anymore, it's drops, with manufactured scarcity to drive up resale prices. Except Primitive's decks / apparel are so unappealing there is a glut of product that can't move even when heavily discounted.

Their last WWE collab was the worst by far - I can see how the anime ones would hit a demographic (outside the core skate market, disposable income, collector, anime fan), but who is out there clamoring for a DX or Stone Cold graphic??

What is AI supposed to do about it going to your house steal your dvds ? it’s in physical format

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4085 on: April 07, 2024, 03:17:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

i back the format tho
[close]

punching down at primitive... the world must truly be quite something through your eyes.
[close]

[close]

Behold the old Slap. Dudes who throw brain damage around as an insult and whose hierarchy goes by what's cool on an internet forum, not by who's exploiting and who's exploited. You can still punch UP at a LOW hanging fruit, which is what you were trying to say all along but I'm not the one thinking mental issues are a fun thing to accuse strangers of whose opinion I don't like. Dumbo.
slap does not know cool
look at the demographics
wild you typed that out, but thanks for the laugh

please dont try to talk for me
i dont trust you with that responsibility
i said its punching down, nothing about low hanging fruit
and i meant exactly that

apologies for accusing you of having a traumatic brain injury
that was me punching down
have a nice day
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #4086 on: April 07, 2024, 03:33:27 AM »
Today, we eat.

Shtonk

• Rep: -437
« Reply #4087 on: April 07, 2024, 07:18:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

i back the format tho
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
slap does not know cool
look at the demographics
wild you typed that out, but thanks for the laugh

please dont try to talk for me
i dont trust you with that responsibility
i said its punching down, nothing about low hanging fruit
and i meant exactly that

apologies for accusing you of having a traumatic brain injury
that was me punching down
have a nice day

Bolts, is that you? Didn't recognize you in dem leggins

kook1234

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #4088 on: April 07, 2024, 08:50:40 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The DX shorts go dummy hard and I want a pair

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -95
« Reply #4089 on: April 07, 2024, 02:59:22 PM »
That was so good even my buddy who couldn't give less of a shit about skateboarding found it hilarious. Need more angry Joa

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #4090 on: April 07, 2024, 03:21:54 PM »
Andrew Cannon getting pegged by Alex White is my homie's screensaver at work.

Are they hiring there?

milpool

• Rep: 20
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4091 on: April 07, 2024, 03:45:26 PM »
I don't usually pay attention to GH but I watched and enjoyed this entire video. Fully in support of anyone calling out Mikey Taylor's parasitic bullshit, trying to suck the last little bit he can out of the skate industry. Fuck him, Prod, and everybody else who praises the so-called grind/machine mindset.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #4092 on: April 07, 2024, 04:58:42 PM »
Completely happy with him going all in on Mike’s Taylor on a regular basis. It’s the hate I crave.

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 562
« Reply #4093 on: April 07, 2024, 07:00:04 PM »
Comrade Joa Marx doing praxis calling out these capitalist pigs Mikey Taylor and Paul Rodriguez

backside_reacharound

• Rep: -232
« Reply #4094 on: April 07, 2024, 07:36:14 PM »
Comrade Joa Marx doing praxis calling out these capitalist pigs Mikey Taylor and Paul Rodriguez

yeah? how much is he collecting off patreon again? this dude is in the same class as P Rod and Mikey Taylor and you're a moron of if you don't see that lol

lurkluke

• Rep: 190
« Reply #4095 on: April 07, 2024, 07:44:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yeah? how much is he collecting off patreon again? this dude is in the same class as P Rod and Mikey Taylor and you're a moron of if you don't see that lol

people are allowed to money and also be critical of what mikey and p rod are doing. I know it's a complicated concept but not everything is black and white.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
« Reply #4096 on: April 07, 2024, 09:31:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand on your point cause idk what his personal income has to do with the criticism he delivered

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #4097 on: April 07, 2024, 09:49:58 PM »
PRod has rich legacy but can spoil it all if he continues like this

gumsole

• Rep: 22
« Reply #4098 on: April 07, 2024, 10:31:09 PM »
Joa is the person that tells his friend there’s a booger showing.

The skate industry along with other action sports in this era need that callout. People are soft as fuck nowadays. The general youth I notice around my area are too naive to fully understand the underlining of what’s over fed in their palms.

Sure you can say it’s hypocritical cause he’s selling his image or opinions but it’s not like he’s trying to get sponsors. At the end of the day people and brands need to get called out. If they can take that call out and see it as a buddy telling you to wipe that shit off your face then we probably wouldn’t have this forum board.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2024, 10:41:50 PM by gumsole »

Dad Board

• Rep: 88
« Reply #4099 on: April 07, 2024, 10:39:17 PM »

The skate industry along with other action sports in this era need that callout. People are soft as fuck nowadays. The general youth I see around my area are too naive to fully see the underlining of what’s over fed in their palms.

Sure you can say it’s hypocritical cause he’s selling his image or opinions but it’s not like he’s trying to get sponsors. At the end of the day people and brands need to get called out. If they can take that call out and see it as a buddy telling you to wipe that shit off your face then we probably wouldn’t have this forum board.

I mean what is the deal with action sports

left knee cap

• Rep: 117
  • $$$$
« Reply #4100 on: April 07, 2024, 10:48:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

he’s nowhere near in their class. otherwise he wouldn’t be renting an apartment and living frugal. he’s expressed before on his streams that he doesn’t make what patreon shows on his page fully before their take and taxes to be set aside.

either way i agree with this person
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand on your point cause idk what his personal income has to do with the criticism he delivered

thehogsniper

• Rep: 47
« Reply #4101 on: April 07, 2024, 11:20:00 PM »
people have been sucking off prod for so long that they can't take their blinders off and see how much of a entitled selfish prick he really has become. absolutely everything he said in that video demonstrates how warped he's become by his own success. he's not a self-made guy, the prod we know is the work of a number of extremely talented professionals who have cultivated his own brand image. prod is a skateboarder, and was at a point probably the best in the world, but his entire body of success is largely on the back of work of other people. I don't think any skater has been promoted as heavily as p-rod. nobody in the end really gives a fuck about how many stupid shoes you had on nike, how many video games they put you in, how many boards you sold, how much bank you made from a mcdonald's ad, nor how well your companies bottom line is doing. someone at his level of success should not have to be told that they have a civic responsibility to make the industry a better place, to contribute something more to the world. you have the house, you have the car, do something to actually make your community a better place instead of openly crying about your company isn't getting re-orders.

gumsole

• Rep: 22
« Reply #4102 on: April 08, 2024, 12:08:25 AM »
Expand Quote

The skate industry along with other action sports in this era need that callout. People are soft as fuck nowadays. The general youth I see around my area are too naive to fully see the underlining of what’s over fed in their palms.

[close]

I mean what is the deal with action sports

I wonder if Jerry said what is the deal to Shoshanna Lonstein when she was 17.

Frank Sobotka

• Rep: 93
  • We used to make shit in this country, build shit
« Reply #4103 on: April 08, 2024, 03:34:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Getting money from other consenting adults who choose to give him money isn't capitalism.

A Not At All Naughty Chemist

• Rep: 47
« Reply #4104 on: April 08, 2024, 05:03:34 AM »

He's like the Mike Love of AWS.

His part is the Student Demonstration Time of the otherwise perfect Surf's Up

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #4105 on: April 08, 2024, 05:55:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Non of that prod video was a hot take.

Also what’s up with industry thing where nobody says slap? Even fucking thrasher does it, and they keep the lights own here. Is there some other secret message board I should know about? Skateboardrumors.com?
[close]

Industry has this thing where they think it’s lame but really they all just soft and we shit on them and they see it and get sad . Look at how crob and friends treat it. They so sour on it they sent in the benefactor Kulla to spy on us and Tell crib when we’re being big meanies about the fact his career was mediocre at best.

During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

D10S

• Rep: -58
  • la patineta no se mancha
« Reply #4106 on: April 08, 2024, 06:55:27 AM »
Now that was some gifted hating. Need more!

Micheal Taylor's body language is so cringe. And his sidekick is the icing on the cake.

Prod's dad migrated from a farm in Sinaloa to Compton, joined the army to get his papers and was a C-tier comedian at best. His biggest role was a minor character on Cheech Marin's "Born in East LA" movie. So it is incorrect to say Prod comes from money. However, Prod is surely acting like a rich prick these days.

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -99
« Reply #4107 on: April 08, 2024, 07:12:12 AM »
Now that was some gifted hating. Need more!

Micheal Taylor's body language is so cringe. And his sidekick is the icing on the cake.

Prod's dad migrated from a farm in Sinaloa to Compton, joined the army to get his papers and was a C-tier comedian at best. His biggest role was a minor character on Cheech Marin's "Born in East LA" movie. So it is incorrect to say Prod comes from money. However, Prod is surely acting like a rich prick these days.

His dad owns multiple businesses (partial owner of The Laugh Factory) and has been in a ton of movies and was doing so before P Rod was born.  He's a rich kid no question.  His fathers hardships were well over in P Rods life.

If that isn't bad enough his dad votes and donates to the Republican party.

This made me a fan of Gifted Hater. 

Rick Trapasso

• Rep: 11
« Reply #4108 on: April 08, 2024, 08:03:38 AM »
Mikey Taylor's horse face has so ungracefully aged into a whole ass potato head.

It's hard to look at tbh.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #4109 on: April 08, 2024, 08:07:49 AM »
I think it was on point.
What is kinda scary is that the conversation between P-Rod and Mikey Taylor illustrates the dangers and excesses of neoliberalism.

This kind of conversation happens every day in the boards of big and medium companies all around the world.
It destroys humans, destroys the planet, it sacrifices any humanity and well being for the God Dollar.

PD: I wonder who is the target audience of Mikey Taylor content because most of what is said totally contradicts basic business 101. Skateshops will order more product if it's selling, if it's not selling they won't. It has nothing to do with being jealous of your success, or playing it too safe. If your clothing or boards are not selling while the same boards/clothing with different graphics from other brands are selling, the problem is your brand.