Author Topic: Egg Shaped Boards  (Read 220699 times)

GBLange

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 274
Re: Egg Shaped Boards
« Reply #330 on: May 29, 2020, 11:26:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Villani football shapes are the best, I had the best session in a really long time on this one

[close]

what trucks you got on that? Ive been fucking with his shape alot but cant figure out a good truck size or brand for it.
And I dig the graphic too, always cool when skaters make their on graphics
[close]
Venture Kader 6.1. They work perfectly imo.

I just got my Ace 55s in the mail today so i set it up with the Franky egg board.i put 2 speedrings on the inside. Before this, i was running Indy 159 standards, also 2 speedrings on the inside.. Both trucks fits nicely.. Got thunder team hollows 151 as well. Haven't tried those on yet. Yeah.. Truck madness.. If only i can get my hands on the Venture 6.1 😅
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 11:38:56 AM by GBLange »

passtheish

• Rep: 6
« Reply #331 on: June 08, 2020, 04:11:08 PM »
Just ordered a Toy Machine egg board

http://toymachine.com/skate/decks/toy-machine-original-monster-9-0-team-deck.html

never seen it posted before, but anyone ride one ?

shalominator

• Rep: 22
« Reply #332 on: June 08, 2020, 07:43:25 PM »

http://toymachine.com/skate/decks/toy-machine-original-monster-9-0-team-deck.html

I liked this deck until I saw the 14.75" wheelbase. I need something closer to 14" for an egg

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #333 on: June 09, 2020, 06:43:27 AM »

Looks great. There is a post and subsequent discussion of this board on page 9 of this thread.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #334 on: June 16, 2020, 07:29:50 AM »
How wide at the trucks, is the Kelch Twister?
Kind of want to get this but betting I need some new trucks too

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #335 on: June 16, 2020, 07:47:59 AM »
How wide at the trucks, is the Kelch Twister?
Kind of want to get this but betting I need some new trucks too

That board looks sick.
No idea. Probably need 8.25-8.5” trucks as a guess

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #336 on: June 16, 2020, 08:19:41 AM »
Was thinking the same. Even though I generally ride Indys…. as of late, I've been feeling the madness and pondering Ventures and/or Thunders also.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #337 on: June 16, 2020, 08:29:51 AM »
Was thinking the same. Even though I generally ride Indys…. as of late, I've been feeling the madness and pondering Ventures and/or Thunders also.

Don’t do it.
Naw, I mean.....yeah it’s fun to try different stuff, but I’m in too many places with equipment and now it just gets in the way of actually skating.
Ventures are great, shit I like thunders as well.
Having a ‘cruiser’ or something with soft wheels is fun to switch it up, having a big ass boat of a board can be cool too. Whatever gets you stoked. My shit is blocking me from getting outside. I’ll get out there, fucking hate my setup on the way to the spot (cuz too small, wheels little, whatever), get there, do great (for me) kickflips be stoked ish. Next time out I’ll try and ride something not so cramped, love pushing down the street, freak the fuck out when I can’t land a trick. Rinse. Repeat.
Quarantine got me extra kooky.
 Do you.

weedgod94

• Rep: 0
« Reply #338 on: June 16, 2020, 12:03:44 PM »
if you actually like indys and dont just ride them for no reason, switching to thunders is gonna feel blown. venture is a lot more similar.

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #339 on: June 17, 2020, 08:07:19 AM »
Ok, skated my 7.81 last night on 129s and felt pretty good, so I think madness has passed again.

FoR NoW
On another note, I checked out my Lotti football and can't wait to skate that. I am saving that for fall, as my nostalgia for that era correlates with skating in fall, so in my attempt to re-live those moments, I will wait till it's cooler out

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #340 on: June 17, 2020, 08:21:57 AM »
Ok, skated my 7.81 last night on 129s and felt pretty good, so I think madness has passed again.

FoR NoW
On another note, I checked out my Lotti football and can't wait to skate that. I am saving that for fall, as my nostalgia for that era correlates with skating in fall, so in my attempt to re-live those moments, I will wait till it's cooler out

Also, as everybody knows, fall is the best time to skate.

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #341 on: June 28, 2020, 08:16:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Villani football shapes are the best, I had the best session in a really long time on this one

[close]

what trucks you got on that? Ive been fucking with his shape alot but cant figure out a good truck size or brand for it.
[close]
[close]

I just got my Ace 55s in the mail today so i set it up with the Franky egg board.i put 2 speedrings on the inside. Before this, i was running Indy 159 standards, also 2 speedrings on the inside.. Both trucks fits nicely.. Got thunder team hollows 151 as well. Haven't tried those on yet. Yeah.. Truck madness.. If only i can get my hands on the Venture 6.1 😅

What’s are the kicks/concave like on the Villani eggs? Steep? Thinking of trying one next

shalominator

« Reply #342 on: June 28, 2020, 08:20:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

What’s are the kicks/concave like on the Villani eggs? Steep? Thinking of trying one next

The few I've seen we're on the steeper side

Sundaynuggets

« Reply #343 on: June 28, 2020, 10:08:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Perfect, thanks!

Garbagewagon

« Reply #344 on: June 28, 2020, 02:19:03 PM »
I did a search and didn’t see any posts on this guy:
https://www.imperfects.co/collections/decks-completes/products/the-egg-ballshop-deck

Symmetrical and Watson Laminates produced.

AngryBlackMan

« Reply #345 on: June 28, 2020, 02:27:08 PM »
I’ve got two 8.8 popsicle shop decks coming from 35th ave... I think I’m going to cut one into an egg shape to try it out.

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 274
« Reply #346 on: July 01, 2020, 02:41:04 AM »
I did a search and didn’t see any posts on this guy:
https://www.imperfects.co/collections/decks-completes/products/the-egg-ballshop-deck

Symmetrical and Watson Laminates produced.

Wow.. Symmetrical egg..

Maccat

• Rep: 78
« Reply #347 on: July 01, 2020, 09:28:47 AM »
I’m so close to getting a Cromer football, I just wish I was a smidge longer/had a slightly longer tail.

Got that one based off lurking this thread too much. Fun shape but it’s tiny. Only feels like it get shorter over time.

shalominator

« Reply #348 on: July 01, 2020, 12:28:11 PM »

Just (virtually) rolled up on one of these. Will post the set up once i receive it.
https://drkrminc.com/collections/decks/products/prisma-skateboard-deck?variant=32146610847793

8.75" wide
14.25" wheelbase
6.625" tail
6.375" nose
31.5" length
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 01:07:19 PM by shalominator »

Goldeneggs

• Rep: -53
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #349 on: July 01, 2020, 04:02:30 PM »
Has anyone seen a 9.5-10 egg or football? Primitive used to make a 10" So Full and Heroin used to make the Bigger Egg, but I can't find anything.

Sundaynuggets

« Reply #350 on: July 01, 2020, 04:13:49 PM »
Has anyone seen a 9.5-10 egg or football? Primitive used to make a 10" So Full and Heroin used to make the Bigger Egg, but I can't find anything.

Closest I’ve seen is Heroin Eggsorcist which is 9.4. Setting that up next. Otherwise, I don’t know if the Zip Zogger counts but that is Eggy and 10.75, and that’s fun as hell but short.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #351 on: July 01, 2020, 05:07:07 PM »
Expand Quote
I’m so close to getting a Cromer football, I just wish I was a smidge longer/had a slightly longer tail.
[close]

Got that one based off lurking this thread too much. Fun shape but it’s tiny. Only feels like it get shorter over time.

What’s the width at the trucks?

shalominator

« Reply #352 on: July 01, 2020, 06:19:10 PM »

Yes, I have one of the Primitive boards. To be honest I am not man enough for it . https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=97297.msg3304667#msg3304667

Sundaynuggets

« Reply #353 on: July 01, 2020, 06:39:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yes, I have one of the Primitive boards. To be honest I am not man enough for it . https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=97297.msg3304667#msg3304667

I’ve got to get my hands on one of those. That thing looks awesome

AngryBlackMan

« Reply #354 on: July 01, 2020, 07:30:38 PM »
So today I turned this 8.8 shop deck from 35th ave

Into this

31 7/8” long
Symmetrical 6.75 nose and tail
14.5 wb

It came out halfway decent. I’m gonna run it with Ace 55s and it should work out pretty good.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #355 on: July 01, 2020, 07:40:18 PM »

Into this

31 7/8” long
14.5 wb

It came out halfway decent. I’m gonna run it with Ace 55s and it should work out pretty good.

Ayyyye. This looks nice. How’d you shape it?

Sundaynuggets

« Reply #356 on: July 01, 2020, 07:40:38 PM »

Into this

31 7/8” long
14.5 wb

Dang, looks like it turned out nice!

AngryBlackMan

« Reply #357 on: July 01, 2020, 08:36:47 PM »

Ayyyye. This looks nice. How’d you shape it?

I marked the centerline on the deck and about an inch back from the lower bolt holes on the nose and tail.  Traced the tail onto paper and then folded that in half.  Cut it to a different shape and then laid it out on the deck to see if I liked it.

Tried that a couple times till I had one I liked. Traced the shape on the tail of the deck, did the same for the nose.
Jig saw, sander, sandpaper...

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #358 on: July 01, 2020, 09:15:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Perfect, thanks!
Can confirm this, steeper.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Sundaynuggets

« Reply #359 on: July 01, 2020, 09:37:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Perfect, thanks!
[close]
Can confirm this, steeper.

Awesome, thank you!