Author Topic: Egg Shaped Boards  (Read 220717 times)

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
Re: Egg Shaped Boards
« Reply #480 on: October 25, 2020, 07:21:52 PM »
My space egg is measuring at 32.09 give or take. It’s in between the 32 1/16th and 32 1/8th mark. 14.4ish wheelbase. I’m enjoying the razortop construction on my street baller.
gotten it set up yet? What trucks did you pair with? Dimensions sound great.

flintstagram

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #481 on: October 25, 2020, 08:49:44 PM »
funny, i guess i'm not the only one worrying if eggs will just be a passing fad too. hoping they stick around.

i can't ollie them or do flip tricks as high, sometimes even a little rocket, but it makes a flatground or little curb sesh soo much more fun or inspiring or whatever.

Oh man, my kickflips are total dog shit right now because of my egg. So much so that I'm really thinking about making it solely a curb/cruiser board. So far I'm still letting it kick my ass as my main board. I've never had much success with the whole quiver scenario though. I always just end up riding my main stunt stick.

TumKayo

« Reply #482 on: October 25, 2020, 10:39:25 PM »
Expand Quote
My space egg is measuring at 32.09 give or take. It’s in between the 32 1/16th and 32 1/8th mark. 14.4ish wheelbase. I’m enjoying the razortop construction on my street baller.
[close]
gotten it set up yet? What trucks did you pair with? Dimensions sound great.

I haven’t yet, gonna wait til the holidays. I’m realizing I prefer my trucks either equal to or slightly wider than the width at the axles, so probably 169s.

houston

• Rep: 2
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #483 on: October 26, 2020, 09:07:26 AM »
For others who feel the tail is too short on the heroin eggs, I would encourage 2 things.  1. Give FOS/Heroin feedback (Instagram works). 2. Redrill the tail for an extra 1/4 inch: I just use the a double drilled baseplate as a jig for redrilling the holes.     This works for me personally as I like 14” wheelbase, but I realize it’s not for everyone.

sketchyrider

« Reply #484 on: October 26, 2020, 01:50:56 PM »
Expand Quote
funny, i guess i'm not the only one worrying if eggs will just be a passing fad too. hoping they stick around.

i can't ollie them or do flip tricks as high, sometimes even a little rocket, but it makes a flatground or little curb sesh soo much more fun or inspiring or whatever.
[close]

Oh man, my kickflips are total dog shit right now because of my egg. So much so that I'm really thinking about making it solely a curb/cruiser board. So far I'm still letting it kick my ass as my main board. I've never had much success with the whole quiver scenario though. I always just end up riding my main stunt stick.

i took mine to the park recently and it wasn't that great there except on the ledges. i don't think i could use it as a main. i hear you on the quiver thing, ive given a ton of skate setups/stuff away, too many choices and the variance can just fuck with you. im still keeping an egg and bowl board on the side, just for when im in the mood for something different.

flintstagram

• Rep: 80
« Reply #485 on: October 26, 2020, 06:18:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

i took mine to the park recently and it wasn't that great there except on the ledges. i don't think i could use it as a main. i hear you on the quiver thing, ive given a ton of skate setups/stuff away, too many choices and the variance can just fuck with you. im still keeping an egg and bowl board on the side, just for when im in the mood for something different.

Yeah, I'm thinking it's going to be a strictly curb crusher, which currently stokes me out. It will sure last longer that way. Guess we'll see what kind of use it gets.

TumKayo

« Reply #486 on: October 26, 2020, 08:33:46 PM »
Loving my 10" gold egg for different stuff. All terrain vehicle, cruise, tranny/bowl, curbs. Orchard has one or two more in stock, on their website or parade world.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #487 on: October 28, 2020, 11:09:36 AM »
What’s the smallest football? The lotti? Shoulda bought the Jovontae smile prime re issue, was hella pointy. Anyways, if anyone sees a small one (8” or less)

hillbilly shifty

• Rep: 46
« Reply #488 on: October 28, 2020, 09:43:31 PM »
What’s the smallest football? The lotti? Shoulda bought the Jovontae smile prime re issue, was hella pointy. Anyways, if anyone sees a small one (8” or less)

yeah, the lotti is 8.125 at the widest. running it with 139s and slim wheels. the shape def feels like a sub 8" deck.
looks like the only spot that has in stock is tgm....
https://tgmskateboards.com/blind-heritage-deck-lotti-showgirls-screen-print/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwreT8BRDTARIsAJLI0KLRIUEzECaQbjJxkiSygFO2FMC2yDOH6gZKCP4F1xiM63GX3PJBg-4aArXzEALw_wcB

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 872
« Reply #489 on: October 28, 2020, 10:33:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yeah, the lotti is 8.125 at the widest. running it with 139s and slim wheels. the shape def feels like a sub 8" deck.
looks like the only spot that has in stock is tgm....
https://tgmskateboards.com/blind-heritage-deck-lotti-showgirls-screen-print/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwreT8BRDTARIsAJLI0KLRIUEzECaQbjJxkiSygFO2FMC2yDOH6gZKCP4F1xiM63GX3PJBg-4aArXzEALw_wcB

Old skull has some, but only the screened ones. Great shop though so I definitely think its worth paying a little more just to support them.

The Lotti is around 7.75 at the front trucks and 7.5 at the back, so it skates like a very small deck. As much fun as it is, I have size 12 feet so I definitely struggle with finding the pockets sometimes, especially in cupsoles. There is a solution though...

The Enjoi Deedz 8.375 shape is literally just a wider lotti. It's the same length, wb, and mold so the kick angle is identical. I think its 8" at the back trucks and 8.12 (or maybe very slightly less) at the front, I don't feel like turning on the lights and walking across the room to check but I'm fairly certain thats what I measured it at. The only negative is the current graphic (the trucker hat one) kind of sucks, so you'd have to either try to find one of the previous ones (which aren't much better), wait for the next one, or just slap a bunch of stupid stickers on it and embrace the inherent goofiness of Enjoi. If you normally ride an 8-8.25 deck I'd definitely recommend going with the Deedz rather than the Lotti. 

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #490 on: October 30, 2020, 07:05:18 AM »
All boards should be released in that Lotti shape. I've had 3 of them, it's awesome (for me). Also helps that Lotti is one of my idols of course. If I could get a stockpile of that shape I would skate nothing else

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #491 on: October 30, 2020, 11:56:32 AM »
Leaving this here

151 with primitive egg

Just watched Franky's part and I been looking for this around the forum for 20 minutes. Gonna order one right now! Thanks for sharing

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #492 on: October 30, 2020, 01:13:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Leaving this here

151 with primitive egg

[close]

Just watched Franky's part and I been looking for this around the forum for 20 minutes. Gonna order one right now! Thanks for sharing
no problem, watched a few times already and almost rage copped the 9.125” egg as well. Part so sick.  Searched through who else had one set up and with what gear. Someone had run ace 55’s on one too without much hot rod. But 6.1 151 159 any 8.75” trucks probably ideal.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #493 on: October 30, 2020, 01:15:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Leaving this here

151 with primitive egg

[close]

[close]
yeah, just watched too and almost rage copped the 9.125” egg as well. Part so sick.  Don’t love the current graphics.

If it helps at all, in Fos' Pals questions he said that Franky's egg is the same as the 9.125 Heroin egg and that he just let Primitive use the shape.

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #494 on: October 30, 2020, 01:44:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Leaving this here

151 with primitive egg

[close]

[close]
yeah, just watched too and almost rage copped the 9.125” egg as well. Part so sick.  Don’t love the current graphics.
[close]

If it helps at all, in Fos' Pals questions he said that Franky's egg is the same as the 9.125 Heroin egg and that he just let Primitive use the shape.

I just copped the sock monster one, good to know that the shape comes from Heroin. I wish I could buy a Heroin deck but in Europe they sold out immediately.

Gonna try to setup with the ventures 6.1, works fine with the Girl 9.25 I'm currently riding.

theloniousmonk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 275
« Reply #495 on: October 30, 2020, 04:50:09 PM »
I hope you all like the Villani egg! Feud I skated one in August, with with rails and 149 tensor atg’s. I also have a girl couch on 149 thunder lights. I really liked 149s on the egg.
I loved both boards for different reasons, the couch has a fuller nose/tail and the Villani is much more pointy. The Villani flipped slightly better imo, but the couch was great for shuvs and any 180/360s.
Also, I’m finding the primitive 8.25 shape is a good one for transitioning back to popsicles. It has a bigger tail than the Villani and the 14” wheelbase makes the whole board feel Familiar.

jsettle

• Rep: 134
« Reply #496 on: October 30, 2020, 05:07:21 PM »
Damn, all the Franky Egg boards sold out after his part dropped. I had one in my cart to get after the part as well and went to finalize my order and they all sold out! Guess i'll wait untill the next drop.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #497 on: October 30, 2020, 05:41:45 PM »
Damn, all the Franky Egg boards sold out after his part dropped. I had one in my cart to get after the part as well and went to finalize my order and they all sold out! Guess i'll wait untill the next drop.
ha yeah noticed it sold out. Almost rage copped it after his part like a fanboy. But hearing about the pointy-ness maybe I wouldn’t of dug it as much. Think I’d like the 9.4 heroin space egg more

TumKayo

« Reply #498 on: October 30, 2020, 06:51:24 PM »

TumKayo

« Reply #499 on: October 30, 2020, 06:51:34 PM »
Lol, explain to me what a "rage cop" is. I could be a rage copper too, if it means what I think it does.

There is this Primitive 9.125 available in US. It's $70 though, Idk why, cuz the graphics? At least Primitive has coupons.

https://primitiveskate.com/collections/decks/products/villani-gaara-deck

I got a sock monster one and it's great, 3 stained plies and feels crisp AF. It is my first Primitive board. It has less concave than the Heroin eggs, as SundayNuggets was telling me before I grabbed mine. I like that, but I like anything from flat to medium steep. They all fit in that category. I honestly haven't skated it much, been skating my other shapes, I'm saving it for when I'm one with the force, and the force is with me. Thunder 151s, 51-53mm wheels, this thing feels way more snappy than it should. It feels like an 8.6 popsicle. 

TumKayo

« Reply #500 on: October 30, 2020, 06:53:23 PM »

next to an 8.48 Baker. Don't mind the shifty grip tape

ricky bobby

« Reply #501 on: October 30, 2020, 07:13:13 PM »
Does anyone know of any egg shaped boards with a shorter wheelbase? I'm currently skating a 9.125 WKND board with a 14" wheelbase and want to grab something similar to that

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 746
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #502 on: October 31, 2020, 03:10:54 PM »
Does anyone know of any egg shaped boards with a shorter wheelbase? I'm currently skating a 9.125 WKND board with a 14" wheelbase and want to grab something similar to that

Girl/Chocolate Couch (9.25)"/Loveseat(9") decks. WB is 13.875" iirc

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #503 on: November 01, 2020, 07:59:34 AM »
Rode my 7.81 eagle instead of lil snuff this morning. For the hills - great. But once I was at the spot I craved my lil snuff. Everything I do now is mega low impact anyway. I've got 52s on my 7.81 so maybe hills just felt better because of the wheel size but I love eggs

TumKayo

« Reply #504 on: November 01, 2020, 08:45:12 AM »

TGM has some of the Baker Creation boards left over, on their site or on ebay

darkthrone

• Rep: 154
« Reply #505 on: November 01, 2020, 11:20:33 AM »
Thanks for remembering Frozen, i was like, hmm, Primitive Egg?
Happy Halloween all, Franky's part was great eh?
We just got some new Space Eggs last week, I know the Soft Boiled Eggs (8.7) sold out in like 5 seconds, so those are on re-order, I'll post on Instagram when they come back in.
Got some fun new eggs in the works for 2021! 

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #506 on: November 01, 2020, 11:49:25 AM »
Thanks for remembering Frozen, i was like, hmm, Primitive Egg?
Happy Halloween all, Franky's part was great eh?
We just got some new Space Eggs last week, I know the Soft Boiled Eggs (8.7) sold out in like 5 seconds, so those are on re-order, I'll post on Instagram when they come back in.

Totally missed the soft boiled so glad to hear they'll be back in the near future! Can't wait to see what's in store for 2021

TumKayo

« Reply #507 on: November 01, 2020, 06:04:52 PM »

So glad to hear this!

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #508 on: November 02, 2020, 12:03:40 PM »
The Heroin soft boiled egg is how wide at the trucks? Trying to find one of these boards, want to check it out

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #509 on: November 02, 2020, 12:23:11 PM »
The Heroin soft boiled egg is how wide at the trucks? Trying to find one of these boards, want to check it out
According to Fos on IG, it's about 8.25 around the trucks