Author Topic: Egg Shaped Boards  (Read 220805 times)

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Egg Shaped Boards
« Reply #600 on: January 05, 2021, 07:10:49 AM »
Thinkin about picking up the heroin soft boiled (8.7”), what trucks would go best with that? Indy 149 or 144?

I didn't see any replies, but if you want your wheels peeking out then 149s or if you want them tucked in 144s.  If you have them already you can swap and choose, but if not, then think about whether you want a little more truck stability on 149 or a little less on 144.

Might not help that much, but what else do you currently have setup?

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #601 on: January 05, 2021, 01:58:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
7.9 Heroin Egg comin' in April 2021.

Expand Quote
I believe I picked them up in an active sale for $30, but I currently setup a Prime wood Kris Markovich Circle K 8.1 egg shaped which I’m massively looking forward to skating.

I love his skating, hate his politics, but that’s neither here nor there as far as riding the decks.

I’m wondering without going back too far if any other companies offer a deck so skinny with an egg shape? I have a feeling this is gonna work out great for me.
[close]
[close]

7.9 egg? Sign me up
[close]

Very nice

7.9 egg got me like

doomstation55

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 865
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #602 on: January 05, 2021, 02:04:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Thinkin about picking up the heroin soft boiled (8.7”), what trucks would go best with that? Indy 149 or 144?
[close]

I didn't see any replies, but if you want your wheels peeking out then 149s or if you want them tucked in 144s.  If you have them already you can swap and choose, but if not, then think about whether you want a little more truck stability on 149 or a little less on 144.

I got both trucks luckily, and lately I’ve been riding big boy boards (8.75 popsicle and a few shaped over 9) so thought that might be a good way to size down my setup. I miss low effort kickflips haha.

darkthrone

• Rep: 154
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #603 on: January 05, 2021, 09:08:36 PM »
We have an 8.9 coming out next month. The measurements are all taken in the middle of the board at the widest point and the way that the egg tapers a lot at the nose and tail means that where you flick your foot out to flip it (next to the front truck) is more like a 8.5.
The 9.125 which i ride is more comparable to an 8.75 or an 8.625 as far as the way it flicks I think.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I got both trucks luckily, and lately I’ve been riding big boy boards (8.75 popsicle and a few shaped over 9) so thought that might be a good way to size down my setup. I miss low effort kickflips haha.

Nittio

• Rep: 5
« Reply #604 on: January 06, 2021, 12:44:20 PM »
I love the 8.9 Fried egg, but getting an replacement in mainland Europe is next to impossible. The Primitive Villani 9.125 is pretty much all I can find over 8.75 in the egg department.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #605 on: January 06, 2021, 02:42:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
I believe I picked them up in an active sale for $30, but I currently setup a Prime wood Kris Markovich Circle K 8.1 egg shaped which I’m massively looking forward to skating.

I love his skating, hate his politics, but that’s neither here nor there as far as riding the decks.

I’m wondering without going back too far if any other companies offer a deck so skinny with an egg shape? I have a feeling this is gonna work out great for me.
[close]
[close]

7.9 egg? Sign me up
[close]

Very nice
[close]

7.9 egg got me like

7.9 egg is far too small for me, but I’m really excited to see the setups and hopefully some clips on them. Also out of curiosity, for those excited about the 7.9 egg what size shoes are you guys? I don’t think my size 12 feet could ever rock that size of board

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #606 on: January 06, 2021, 04:06:36 PM »
I'm size 8 mang. Probably part of why I hate boards that are 8+ unless they are egg shapes.

darkthrone

« Reply #607 on: January 06, 2021, 05:19:56 PM »
Try the glorious United Kingdon, we have egg boards in stores there now, and there's loads arriving next couple of weeks too.

I love the 8.9 Fried egg, but getting an replacement in mainland Europe is next to impossible. The Primitive Villani 9.125 is pretty much all I can find over 8.75 in the egg department.

Dinglenuts

• Rep: 2
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #608 on: January 06, 2021, 05:24:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

7.9 egg? Sign me up
[close]

Very nice
[close]

7.9 egg got me like

I can't wait for this one! Wonder what the graphic will be?

FUBAR

• Rep: 231
« Reply #609 on: January 06, 2021, 05:50:54 PM »
Size 11 foot and I’ll skate one of those 7.9 eggs if its 32” or very close.

Nittio

• Rep: 5
« Reply #610 on: January 07, 2021, 01:41:21 AM »
I’ve ordered ordered from the glorious UK in the past, but now post brexit an additional 24% tax +handling fee +shipping, the deck will become too expensive to skate. Orders over 150 euro are also subject to further customs.

Gotta hoard some eggs when available, great shape and can’t really go back to a standard popsicle yet.

Try the glorious United Kingdon, we have egg boards in stores there now, and there's loads arriving next couple of weeks too.

Expand Quote
[close]

deckard

• Rep: 0
« Reply #611 on: January 07, 2021, 03:36:07 AM »

Expand Quote
[close]

What UK shops ?

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #612 on: January 07, 2021, 03:57:53 AM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

What UK shops ?

I just saw Native in the instagram story, showing an 8.75 pop and an 8.88 shaped (with 14.0 wheelbase if that is correct?!?)

https://www.nativeskatestore.co.uk/search/heroin

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #613 on: January 12, 2021, 04:26:15 AM »

I dug this out and took some pics, which was the Cardiel Smokeless 9.2 egg from maybe a decade ago, but also have the Cardiel Carbine 9.18 deck still new in shrink too, which was from a couple of years ago now.

This one has 159s and 56mm wheels which work quite well on it, more info in the post.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJ77M1klTQh/

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1558
« Reply #614 on: January 12, 2021, 09:02:16 AM »

I dug this out and took some pics, which was the Cardiel Smokeless 9.2 egg from maybe a decade ago, but also have the Cardiel Carbine 9.18 deck still new in shrink too, which was from a couple of years ago now.

This one has 159s and 56mm wheels which work quite well on it, more info in the post.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJ77M1klTQh/

How much for both???

Been trying to find these for ever.

My favorite skater, my favorite shape, my favorite dip. Match made in heaven.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #615 on: January 13, 2021, 02:30:22 AM »

How much for both???

Been busy today so only just saw this now.

It might be a long haul from Brisbane, Australia...

hillbilly shifty

• Rep: 46
« Reply #616 on: January 13, 2021, 09:00:07 PM »
Don't know much about this brand but some good prices on egg shaped decks:

https://www.imperfects.co/collections/skate

thanks for that link! checked it out and was intrigued that it's symmetrical like a twin tail.
ordered one when they were on sale, and it arrived yesterday.

specs match what's listed online (except length is 1/8" longer)
8.75 x 31.75 - 14.5 WB - 8.25 wide at axles. 6.75 tail/nose
website says 'All of our skates are pressed and designed right here in San Diego by the most legendary skate factory in the world.' assuming that's Watson.

going to throw some aces on it to bring in the true wheelbase, and some 50mm (or smaller) wheels.
will snap a set up pic and get back on how it feels.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #617 on: January 14, 2021, 02:24:45 AM »
Expand Quote

How much for both???

[close]

Been busy today so only just saw this now.

It might be a long haul from Brisbane, Australia...

Well if the price is right I’ll pay for that trip my dude!

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #618 on: January 14, 2021, 05:50:38 AM »
Sounds like heroin has a symmetrical egg coming at some point this year

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #619 on: January 14, 2021, 09:54:07 AM »
That's.... WHAT I WANT

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #620 on: January 14, 2021, 10:20:41 AM »

Ohhh hell yes!

darkthrone

« Reply #621 on: January 14, 2021, 11:07:32 AM »
Brexit, what a pathetic shit show. It's going to fuck the UK up so much, and the whole thing was because the toffs didn't want to give up their tax havens, the EU were about to crack down on that and Cameron shat himself and bluffed that they were gonna leave and set this whole thing in motion. Terrible affair. Space Egg and Soft Boiled Egg just landed in the UK though if anyone needs em.

Well we also have other Euro distributors, it's hard to say who has what and who has orders coming, I don't personally do the sales. I know people have had a tough time getting stuff because of the drought though. We're trying. Hoping more boards will be available this year.
Villani 9.125 is still great, it's the shape that I designed, i said they could use that one.
Our U.S. web store ships to Europe in case you need to go that route.

I just set up a symmetrical egg sample and its working great so far. It's 9 x 32, and so far it's super functional. Those will be out in April, the 7.9 is a wild one, that's April too and I have a wild version of a 9.6 egg coming.

Next drop for us is Feb 2nd, and there's an 8.9 egg in that drop.

I’ve ordered ordered from the glorious UK in the past, but now post brexit an additional 24% tax +handling fee +shipping, the deck will become too expensive to skate. Orders over 150 euro are also subject to further customs.

Gotta hoard some eggs when available, great shape and can’t really go back to a standard popsicle yet.

Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
« Reply #622 on: January 14, 2021, 12:11:30 PM »
whoa 9x32 symmetrical egg sounds fucking perfect

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #623 on: January 14, 2021, 05:41:57 PM »
My birthday is the end of March, so that 7.9 egg is gonna be my prez

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #624 on: January 16, 2021, 07:30:30 AM »
Marginally unrelated, but fos, can you please start making 2x shirts?

I’m objectively too egg shaped to fit into an xl.

darkthrone

« Reply #625 on: January 16, 2021, 11:55:44 AM »
I hear ya. Had a couple requests for em, Baker Boys does the ordering and size breaks, but I'll mention it to em for sure.

Marginally unrelated, but fos, can you please start making 2x shirts?

I’m objectively too egg shaped to fit into an xl.

sammyz

• Rep: 82
« Reply #626 on: January 17, 2021, 04:57:37 AM »
Fos...someone has probably already said this, but I’m gonna say it again anyway. The fact that you get involved here and interact with us is fuckin’ cool and you and your brand deserve all the success in the world, thank you for being cool.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #627 on: January 17, 2021, 05:22:42 AM »
100% agree. Big fan, loving my dmodw series 9.25” now, keep up what you’re doing. Always good to hear about spring previews as well 

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
« Reply #628 on: January 27, 2021, 03:11:29 PM »
new WKND egg-ish shape.  Parade is low on details and only lists the width at 8.875.  Looks like it has a pretty severe taper towards the tail (or could just be the photo angle), which seems like that would be a nightmare trying to figure out which size trucks would be best. 
https://www.paradeworld.com/products/wknd-music-man-deck-8875-vb-44-6130820251813/

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #629 on: January 27, 2021, 03:50:26 PM »
new WKND egg-ish shape.  Parade is low on details and only lists the width at 8.875.  Looks like it has a pretty severe taper towards the tail (or could just be the photo angle), which seems like that would be a nightmare trying to figure out which size trucks would be best. 
https://www.paradeworld.com/products/wknd-music-man-deck-8875-vb-44-6130820251813/

Would def ride backwards