Author Topic: Egg Shaped Boards  (Read 220739 times)

sketchyrider

Re: Egg Shaped Boards
« Reply #750 on: April 07, 2021, 11:50:04 AM »
i'd love to see another 10" egg but i'll keep beating the hell out of mine for now. way more stoked on that than a krooked beamer.

darkthrone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 154
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #751 on: April 07, 2021, 01:11:34 PM »
We had a few made up last month, cos a lot of folks were asking, they sold out so quick though, so we'll do another run of em soon, I think its scheduled for May.

i'd love to see another 10" egg but i'll keep beating the hell out of mine for now. way more stoked on that than a krooked beamer.

sketchyrider

« Reply #752 on: April 07, 2021, 01:47:25 PM »
We had a few made up last month, cos a lot of folks were asking, they sold out so quick though, so we'll do another run of em soon, I think its scheduled for May.

Expand Quote
[close]

nice to hear. my locals are pretty small, i'll check but i doubt they have accounts with heroin. def didn't see any in the big box online shops.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #753 on: April 07, 2021, 01:50:59 PM »

Girmple Gerwer 8.75" (8.5"-ish over the trucks)
Ace 44, 3 washers inside each wheel, Indy risers
Spitfire 97a Conical Full 56mm
Reds/Jessup/Habitat 1" allen

Maiden voyage of this setup and I am very psyched. I was worried it would feel too small, but it doesn't. The nose feels substantial than on my cruiser and slappy crooks and noseslides go. The wheels are my new favorites, too.

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1555
« Reply #754 on: April 07, 2021, 04:17:34 PM »

Maiden voyage of this setup and I am very psyched. I was worried it would feel too small, but it doesn't. The nose feels substantial than on my cruiser and slappy crooks and noseslides go. The wheels are my new favorites, too.

The shape is super similar to the polar football
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #755 on: April 08, 2021, 06:03:22 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The shape is super similar to the polar football

Never had the Polar football but was always curious. This has some slight blunt-ness to the tip of the nose which is kind of cool.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #756 on: April 13, 2021, 03:35:06 PM »

carlosthelizard

• Rep: 0
« Reply #757 on: April 20, 2021, 01:24:41 PM »
My cat passed away recently and decided to join the Egg Club and take my mind off things.  RIP Milo the cat.

Never skated with Primitive before but I am REALLY into the shape.  Using this to skate around our DIY park (think lots of tranny).  Not too stoked on the graphic but whatever.

I think this may be the perfect setup for me at the moment, not really sure if I would change a thing.  These kinds of shapes / dimensions are hard to find right now in Europe.

Coming from an 8.5 with 149's, I was really surprised to be able to float some bs/fs ollies and 360s out over the coping.  I haven't had an all-new complete in awhile, so the stoke is very high.

9.125 x 32.187
169 Titanium Forged
56 STF Fatties
Race Reds

Shalom.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #758 on: April 20, 2021, 01:28:33 PM »
My cat passed away recently and decided to join the Egg Club and take my mind off things.  RIP Milo the cat.

Never skated with Primitive before but I am REALLY into the shape.  Using this to skate around our DIY park (think lots of tranny).  Not too stoked on the graphic but whatever.

I think this may be the perfect setup for me at the moment, not really sure if I would change a thing.  These kinds of shapes / dimensions are hard to find right now in Europe.

Coming from an 8.5 with 149's, I was really surprised to be able to float some bs/fs ollies and 360s out over the coping.  I haven't had an all-new complete in awhile, so the stoke is very high.

9.125 x 32.187
169 Titanium Forged
56 STF Fatties
Race Reds

Shalom.

RIP Milo. It is always hard to say goodbye to a friend like that. But hell yeah, eggs are so rad! Very functional.

I fixed the post so the image shows (got to make sure it has the .png or .jpg or whatever the extension is in there)

Vitriol

• Rep: 36
« Reply #759 on: April 20, 2021, 04:08:04 PM »
Expand Quote

9.125 x 32.187
169 Titanium Forged
56 STF Fatties
Race Reds

Shalom.
[close]

RIP Milo. It is always hard to say goodbye to a friend like that. But hell yeah, eggs are so rad! Very functional.

I fixed the post so the image shows (got to make sure it has the .png or .jpg or whatever the extension is in there)

Is it a dipped board?

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #760 on: April 20, 2021, 04:52:58 PM »

9.125 x 32.187
169 Titanium Forged
56 STF Fatties
Race Reds

Shalom.

Milo forever.

Great looking set up.

carlosthelizard

• Rep: 0
« Reply #761 on: April 20, 2021, 10:15:53 PM »

RIP Milo. It is always hard to say goodbye to a friend like that.

Milo forever.

Thanks pals, 14 years ago we picked Milo up off the side of the road (he had been hit by a car).  Took him to the vet for emergency surgery and he ended up living a full life of leisure after that. 

Is it a dipped board?

Yes, and embossed(?) .  Reminds of an everslick.  Coming from decades of stained wood so who knows

EDIT - Sorry, it IS stained.  But the top and bottom plys are slick?  Please enlighten me
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 10:25:32 PM by carlosthelizard »

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
« Reply #762 on: April 22, 2021, 06:00:56 AM »
just saw this new Quasi posted on paradeworld

Only stats provided are 9.0 wide

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #763 on: April 22, 2021, 06:04:10 AM »
just saw this new Quasi posted on paradeworld

Only stats provided are 9.0 wide

Say less.

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #764 on: April 22, 2021, 06:06:25 AM »
Embassy has these stats on that quasi: 9" x 32" WB 13.75"

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #765 on: April 22, 2021, 06:15:48 AM »
Embassy has these stats on that quasi: 9" x 32" WB 13.75"

Man, if those dims are accurate I gots to get one.

Get hungry on it!

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #766 on: May 01, 2021, 10:15:17 AM »
Dang, this one seems like my ideal shape and size!  I also love a pink top ply. Not a big fan of the gold foil tho...
https://www.skatewarehouse.com/WKND_Gold_Plated_Logo_Deck/descpage-WKGLDPL88DK.html

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #767 on: May 01, 2021, 11:58:53 AM »
Dang, this one seems like my ideal shape and size!  I also love a pink top ply. Not a big fan of the gold foil tho...
https://www.skatewarehouse.com/WKND_Gold_Plated_Logo_Deck/descpage-WKGLDPL88DK.html

That looks so nice. What’s the wheelbase?

saltusnaut

• Rep: 36
« Reply #768 on: May 02, 2021, 08:48:38 AM »

Alright. After lurking for a while I pulled the trigger. Well bullied my wife into buying me an egg for Valentine’s Day.  I must say, this might be the perfect shape.

FOS - I know you lurk here every now and then but goddamn you’re brilliant. Shape is perfect and for the love of god thank you for keeping a shorter wheel base in the line 14.125/14.25 is perfect. 14.5 feels like a boat to me. Also the razor top is brilliant too. Love it. 

I think I’m a believer.

Heroin “Eraseregg” 8.9X31.5 14.125 WB
The “razor top” feels so good (rounded bottom side wall and sharp top)
Indy 159 usa plates stock bushings
Indy hardware
Spit F4 Conical 53s
Swiss
Mob

How steep is the tail?

sketchyrider

« Reply #769 on: May 05, 2021, 10:05:56 AM »
bought a 917 mitchell wilson deck off geometry skateshop, thought i was adding another 8.6 popsicle to my stash, but its kinda eggy. eggsicle?

tapers down to 8.25 at the rear holes, just under 8.38 at the front.

also saw that 7.9 heroin lil egg go up for sale, if anyone has been interested.

culdesac

• Rep: -9
« Reply #770 on: May 05, 2021, 03:46:03 PM »
9.6 Mutant Egg spotted in the wild. According to Heroin ig all three eggs (7.9, symmetrical 9, and mutant) are headed to stores now and new catalog dropping May 11th

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #771 on: May 05, 2021, 03:59:38 PM »
can't wait to see that symmetrical 9"!

darkthrone

« Reply #772 on: May 06, 2021, 12:13:48 AM »
Yep, the new Heroin Egg boards have started shipping to stores. So they're up on some shop sites now.
The 7.9 Lil' Egg, the 9.0 Symmetrical Egg, and Dead Dave's Mutant Egg actually came back at 9.4 for some reason.
I'll post more detailed specs when the new catalog drops on the 11th.

FUBAR

• Rep: 231
« Reply #773 on: May 06, 2021, 03:08:35 AM »
Still looking for an 8.25 x 32 or over in an egg shape. ATM had an interesting “pointy nose” deck but I waited too long.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #774 on: May 06, 2021, 03:14:07 AM »
Still looking for an 8.25 x 32 or over in an egg shape. ATM had an interesting “pointy nose” deck but I waited too long.

The cromer lil snuff is 8.38 x 31.7 with a 14.12 wb

Only thing I can think of the dome.

Also fos, that mutant egg is a beauty. Can’t wait for the next drop to see the rest.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 03:38:46 AM by Freelancevagrant »

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #775 on: May 06, 2021, 04:52:40 AM »
Yep, the new Heroin Egg boards have started shipping to stores. So they're up on some shop sites now.
The 7.9 Lil' Egg, the 9.0 Symmetrical Egg, and Dead Dave's Mutant Egg actually came back at 9.4 for some reason.

Thx . That mutant egg looks so good

Hey Fos Just wondering socal sk8shop has the 7.9 lil egg listed with a 14.25 wb ?
Is this correct.?  I remember asking and you said 14'   

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #776 on: May 06, 2021, 07:20:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Hey Fos Just wondering socal sk8shop has the 7.9 lil egg listed with a 14.25 wb ?

That's because @darkthrone measures wb from the inside edge of the holes as opposed to the center of the holes.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #777 on: May 06, 2021, 09:43:58 AM »
Tell me more about this Symmetrical 9" egg

darkthrone

« Reply #778 on: May 06, 2021, 10:24:05 AM »
Actually, starting from this catalog, the measurements will be from the center of the holes, from listening to feedback and something that Professor Schmitt posted about that the other day. So this next catalog (Which I just finished laying out) has the width and lengths, as well as the wheelbases listed.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

That's because @darkthrone measures wb from the inside edge of the holes as opposed to the center of the holes.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #779 on: May 06, 2021, 10:57:30 AM »
Actually, starting from this catalog, the measurements will be from the center of the holes, from listening to feedback and something that Professor Schmitt posted about that the other day. So this next catalog (Which I just finished laying out) has the width and lengths, as well as the wheelbases listed.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
damn, is this going to become a new thing between each brand?
im not against it, because it makes more sense center to center, but this will be like a new truck sizing fiasco/measuring flat across the board vs through the concave king of thing.