Author Topic: Egg Shaped Boards  (Read 220689 times)

PrettyRicki

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 10
  • Symmetrical boards <3
Re: Egg Shaped Boards
« Reply #870 on: June 16, 2021, 12:42:53 PM »
Anyone got a top view photo of the Heroin Symmetrical egg?

Sorry they aren't better pictures. I'm at work and these were the only ones on my phone.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #871 on: June 16, 2021, 12:44:12 PM »
Thanks! What trucks you running on it?

PrettyRicki

• Symmetrical boards <3
« Reply #872 on: June 16, 2021, 12:50:21 PM »
Thanks! What trucks you running on it?

No problem. I'm running Venture V-Titanium 5.8 with a 1/8" spacer on each axle to push the wheels out a tiny bit. My old legs don't really let me skate bigger than a 8.12" to 8.38" so the Heroin will probably end up as a cruiser.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #873 on: June 16, 2021, 12:54:09 PM »
Nice. I'm coming off an Ishod twin tail and I think I might have to try another symmetrical shape and I love eggs. Looks like my local skate shop has one in. Might have to snag it after work.

PrettyRicki

• Symmetrical boards <3
« Reply #874 on: June 16, 2021, 01:02:22 PM »
Nice. I'm coming off an Ishod twin tail and I think I might have to try another symmetrical shape and I love eggs. Looks like my local skate shop has one in. Might have to snag it after work.

If you're a fan of symmetrical eggs, the two other ones I know that are currently out are the 8.8" Creature Gardner deck and a small company called Imperfects that makes an 8.75 "Eggball" shape https://www.imperfects.co/collections/decks-only

Non-egg symmetrical shapes opens up options from Flip, Deathwish, Santa Cruz, and Krooked/Real.

DeepSpace9mm

• Rep: 100
« Reply #875 on: June 16, 2021, 01:24:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If you're a fan of symmetrical eggs, the two other ones I know that are currently out are the 8.8" Creature Gardner deck and a small company called Imperfects that makes an 8.75 "Eggball" shape https://www.imperfects.co/collections/decks-only

Non-egg symmetrical shapes opens up options from Flip, Deathwish, Santa Cruz, and Krooked/Real.

Those Imperfects decks look pretty rad.
Do you have any experience with them?

PrettyRicki

• Symmetrical boards <3
« Reply #876 on: June 16, 2021, 01:34:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I bought one but have not set it up yet (my backlog of decks to try is stacking up). The finish is really nice and they feel sturdy, maybe a little heavier than a normal board. Later I could snap some specific pictures if people wanna see the concave or a top down. I was worried that it would be a cruiser only board, but it seems like you can set it up for street/park.

DeepSpace9mm

« Reply #877 on: June 16, 2021, 05:32:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I bought one but have not set it up yet (my backlog of decks to try is stacking up). The finish is really nice and they feel sturdy, maybe a little heavier than a normal board. Later I could snap some specific pictures if people wanna see the concave or a top down. I was worried that it would be a cruiser only board, but it seems like you can set it up for street/park.

I’d be interested to see some photos. I’m curious how it compares to the Heroin Sym Egg. Concave, steepness, top down etc. Their site says the decks are designed and pressed in San Diego.

PrettyRicki

• Symmetrical boards <3
« Reply #878 on: June 16, 2021, 05:54:37 PM »

I fucked up the pictures. The purple veneer is the imperfects 8.75" deck, the griptape one is the heroin 9" symmetrical, and the other one is a Creature Gardner Ghosts 8.84".

DeepSpace9mm

« Reply #879 on: June 16, 2021, 07:04:03 PM »
Nice. Thanks for the photos. Love me a purple top. Is that Imperfects Egg 8.5 over the trucks?

PrettyRicki

• Symmetrical boards <3
« Reply #880 on: June 16, 2021, 08:14:55 PM »
Nice. Thanks for the photos. Love me a purple top. Is that Imperfects Egg 8.5 over the trucks?

It's closer to 8.38" over the trucks (8.5" over the inner bolts and 8.25" over the outer bolts). I think 8.25" or 8.5" trucks would work.

DeepSpace9mm

« Reply #881 on: June 16, 2021, 08:20:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It's closer to 8.38" over the trucks (8.5" over the inner bolts and 8.25" over the outer bolts). I think 8.25" or 8.5" trucks would work.

Rad, thank you again. Good info.

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1555
« Reply #882 on: June 17, 2021, 05:15:19 AM »
I think I’m gonna pick up one of those imperfects, that shit is gorgeous.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 500
« Reply #883 on: June 18, 2021, 04:27:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Rad, thank you again. Good info.

i have 5.6 ventures on a deck of theirs and it's superb if that helps/means anything at all

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • &#633;&#477;&#652;&#477;&#633;o&#607; llo&#7450;
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #884 on: June 18, 2021, 05:51:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Anyone got a top view photo of the Heroin Symmetrical egg?
[close]

Sorry they aren't better pictures. I'm at work and these were the only ones on my phone.
That egg is sexy af
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

hillbilly shifty

• Rep: 46
« Reply #885 on: June 18, 2021, 06:03:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

imperfects - symmetrical/twin tail
8.75 x 31.75 - 14.5 WB - 8.25 wide at axles. 6.75 tail/nose
found a use for the indy 144 mids
spitfire 80 chargers (down to about 50mm) bones super reds
rolled around in front of the house, low and stable
only thing not stock are the bushings, threw in krux 92a barrels. felt a bit stiff, not sure if was the fact it's sub 30 degrees out. may put the stock indy 90a back in.
this board will be a curb/manny pad/cruiser
[close]

Looks sick, what do you think? How much does it taper to around the bolts, and then how wide is it halfway between the bolts and the tip of the nose/tail? Also any idea what woodshop they use?
[close]

thanks! it's 8.25 wide at axles. lined up the bolt holes with the tail end of an antihero eagle 8.06. same taper/shape.
website says 'All of our skates are pressed and designed right here in San Diego by the most legendary skate factory in the world.' assuming that's Watson.

reviving this post w/ pics from an imperfects i got this past winter.
i usually skate 8" - 8.25" decks.
this egg feels great, super fun around the streets, has a little life left in it.
very tempted to get the heroin symmetrical....

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #886 on: June 19, 2021, 03:42:47 AM »
Antihero new catalog is up with some goodies, the Cardiel Huffer as previously mentioned and this other one too...

https://www.antiheroskateboards.com/

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #887 on: June 19, 2021, 07:04:42 AM »
Oh damn, that Gerwer looks great.  Wonder if it’s the same shape/mold as the heroin egg/primitive villani?

Bigpantssmallwheelz

• Rep: -3
  • Ollie one foot, you bozo.
« Reply #888 on: June 19, 2021, 07:07:09 AM »
Not sure , burning skating a villani right now with new venture 6.1's lovin it

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #889 on: June 20, 2021, 02:29:20 AM »

I fucked up the pictures. The purple veneer is the imperfects 8.75" deck, the griptape one is the heroin 9" symmetrical, and the other one is a Creature Gardner Ghosts 8.84".

The creature john gardner board is very tempting

8.8 x 31.4 x 14wb

Just looking at on the OCD site says it tapers down to 8.25 over the bolts.

pops

• Rep: 218
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #890 on: June 20, 2021, 11:16:30 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The creature john gardner board is very tempting

8.8 x 31.4 x 14wb

Just looking at on the OCD site says it tapers down to 8.25 over the bolts.

My previous Creature was my favorite wood in years.  Definitely would get another.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #891 on: June 20, 2021, 01:16:10 PM »
Antihero new catalog is up with some goodies, the Cardiel Huffer as previously mentioned and this other one too...

https://www.antiheroskateboards.com/

Hadn’t seen the Gerwer yet. Looks great, I love that grimple stix  has stuck around.

Was at the shop recently and they had the cardiel and I just had to pick it up. Super stoked been waiting for this shape to come back forever. Gonna run ace 55 classics and then switch between my cruiser wheels and cardiel 55mm f4 tablets depending on what I’m skating.

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 274
« Reply #892 on: June 22, 2021, 09:37:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Still looking for an 8.25 x 32 or over in an egg shape. ATM had an interesting “pointy nose” deck but I waited too long.
[close]

The cromer lil snuff is 8.38 x 31.7 with a 14.12 wb

Only thing I can think of the dome.

Also fos, that mutant egg is a beauty. Can’t wait for the next drop to see the rest.
[close]

https://orchardshop.com/collections/skateboard-decks/products/wknd-look-out-deck-8-375

Haven't seen a length or wb on it but I haven't looked that hard either. And there's always the deedz.
[close]
Orchard messed up this listing i believe.  The deck they pictured is actually the 8.875 wknd football shape.  The 8.375 shape is a more square-tail pointy-nose kinda deal.
edit: here's a photo of the 8.375 shape (yellow) and the 8.875 (pink)

ordered the Gold foil WKnd logo 8.875VB shape. shud be arriving this week.

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #893 on: June 23, 2021, 06:53:10 AM »
I've been skating the enjoi deedz 8.38 with 33aces and I like it a lot.

My question to you is what other options do I have in the smaller egg shapes? I think the deedz one tapers quite a lot like 8'' by the trucks. My dream size with 8'' trucks is somewhere between 8.25-.38 by the trucks.. So I could go a bit bigger on the deck size. Also only sub 32" decks..

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #894 on: July 16, 2021, 12:35:34 AM »
got the WKND 8.875VB. 14.25WB. Width on the front truck is slightly wider than the back truck.

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #895 on: July 16, 2021, 12:38:09 AM »

My question to you is what other options do I have in the smaller egg shapes? I think the deedz one tapers quite a lot like 8'' by the trucks. My dream size with 8'' trucks is somewhere between 8.25-.38 by the trucks.. So I could go a bit bigger on the deck size. Also only sub 32" decks..

probably this

FUBAR

• Rep: 231
« Reply #896 on: July 16, 2021, 03:45:08 AM »
Still lurking in hopes of an 8.25 ish x 32+ egg, football, or whatever else we wanna call it.

sketchyrider

« Reply #897 on: July 17, 2021, 08:33:15 PM »

If you're looking for something 8.25" at the trucks than you're really looking for a 8.75ish egg. I actually have an 8.6" 917 board that's about those dims you're describing.

https://callme917.com/collections/frontpage/products/mitchell-wilson-guest-deck-8-6

It's a -lot- eggier than it looks in pictures.

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #898 on: July 23, 2021, 01:50:26 AM »
finally got these 2 delivered today..didn't realize they were razoredge construction..

BMCsteve

• Rep: 54
« Reply #899 on: July 23, 2021, 07:05:34 AM »
finally got these 2 delivered today..didn't realize they were razoredge construction..

I just got a 10" egg with Razortop and I'm really digging it.  I don't think I would like it on a smaller board but its great with big shapes because you always know where the edge of your board is