Author Topic: Egg Shaped Boards  (Read 222889 times)

Shady Individual

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 11
Re: Egg Shaped Boards
« Reply #1440 on: January 21, 2022, 09:32:44 AM »

I could be wrong, but I think some of the C&D decks don't always have the original shape either? I do appreciate what they do though. (Believe I've seen some World Industries Klein Mario C&D boards with diff. shapes) 1992 boards are the shit though

Some were close but most of them were copied pretty badly. They also did the Carroll bathroom slick which used to be a slick and was done as a heat transfer, graphic was different size too.

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 273
« Reply #1441 on: January 22, 2022, 12:14:32 AM »
Hey, Fos here, that first Shimizu was actually based very loosely off the H-Street Macaroni Kid board.
Riding it (in 2016 when we first did it) it was way too short and the WB was tiny, it felt like a mini or something. I revisited it in 2018 and based the WB and length on more modern board specs, that was the 9.125 Big Egg, and everything else has been more or less loose variations on that since.
Got four new eggs in the Heroin catalog that launches Feb 1st.
Fried Egg 2 8.9, Symmetrical Egg 9.25, Symmetrical Egg 9.5, and Curb Killer 2 10".

Expand Quote
I think Fos said in an interview that that was a Mike Carroll plan b board, maybe the Nirvana graphic. iirc it was Daniel Shimizu’s request.
[close]

eggstatic for them 2022 eggs..

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1442 on: January 26, 2022, 06:34:14 AM »
Fos just shared this on ig

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 634
« Reply #1443 on: January 26, 2022, 07:50:14 AM »
Fos just shared this on ig

Those look real nice.  I like that the eggs are starting to get wheel wells.

Get hungry on it!

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 309
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #1444 on: January 31, 2022, 08:06:37 AM »

Grimple Gerwer egg 8.38" x 31.3" x 14.18"
Thunder 147s with deluxe wooden risers
Spitfire F4 OG classics 53mm
Bones reds
Jessup Ultra

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
  • Just deck / woodshop info
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1445 on: January 31, 2022, 04:11:48 PM »

Bones reds
Jessup Ultra

So rad!

I don't know what it is but the orange tops just so good to me.

Also just wanted to ask as that top pic is so hi res, can I quote you in the new woodshop thread as that is a better pic than any of my other crappy ones?

Thanks.

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #1446 on: February 01, 2022, 10:28:41 AM »
The new heroin stuff is up in SoCal.

@darkthrone comes through as always.

Decided to spend some coin on curb themed decks.

Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

notinternetfamous

« Reply #1447 on: February 01, 2022, 11:33:21 AM »
Expand Quote

Bones reds
Jessup Ultra
[close]

So rad!

Also just wanted to ask as that top pic is so hi res, can I quote you in the new woodshop thread as that is a better pic than any of my other crappy ones?

Thanks.

go ahead! you already do so much for the woodshop thread and if my picture can help, then i'd be more than happy to do so lol

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1448 on: February 01, 2022, 03:45:55 PM »
Expand Quote

So rad!

Thanks.
[close]

go ahead! you already do so much for the woodshop thread and if my picture can help, then i'd be more than happy to do so lol

Sweet!

I always like to quote whoever put up the images to, as a nod and thanks to you guys too.

darkthrone

• Rep: 154
« Reply #1449 on: February 01, 2022, 05:58:01 PM »
A wise investment.

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 716
« Reply #1450 on: February 01, 2022, 06:21:18 PM »
A wise investment.

Expand Quote

[close]

Just impulsively purchased the Dead Dave TV Casualty deck - TYFYS! 

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
« Reply #1451 on: February 02, 2022, 06:48:28 AM »
@darkthrone did you guys increase the production numbers for this series of eggs, or are these still going to be super hard to find in stores and sell for 3x on eBay? 

darkthrone

• Rep: 154
« Reply #1452 on: February 02, 2022, 12:10:59 PM »
Well, like the first one, they were available for stores to pre-book as much as they wanted.  If a shop ordered 50 Curb Killers first round then they'd get em. It just kind of kicked off more than we'd expected on that one, we kept ordering and they kept selling out. Not a bad problem, some folks got a bit pissy about it because they had a hard time getting those, and the re-sellers were kind of taking the piss with them a bit (I saw a signed one one up on Ebay for $1200 which is weird to me because we had about 100 in the warehouse ready to ship to stores). Ebay is kind of daft overall though, people just try it on a bit when they put stuff up, like I'm trying to get a Richard Corben book at the moment that retailed for $30 when it came out, but people have it up for $300 cos it's out of print. I'm not paying that, and I'm sure I'll come across it at a yard sale or something one day. Same with a Tom Waits book by Anton Corbijn, it was $150 when it first released now it's $500 on Ebay, but they just kind of sit there for a couple of years until someone with that money comes by, and it sets a false precedent because people see it at that price and go "Oh it's on Ebay for $500, so it mush be worth $500) and its not the case, its just some mug trying it on.

Anyway, back to skateboards, I feel like we got more of everything on the initial run on this drop, Baker Boys does all the production and ordering and with the success of the last one I'm hoping that we're going to have plenty to go around on everything this time.

@darkthrone did you guys increase the production numbers for this series of eggs, or are these still going to be super hard to find in stores and sell for 3x on eBay?

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 273
« Reply #1453 on: February 02, 2022, 08:19:53 PM »
Well, like the first one, they were available for stores to pre-book as much as they wanted.  If a shop ordered 50 Curb Killers first round then they'd get em. It just kind of kicked off more than we'd expected on that one, we kept ordering and they kept selling out. Not a bad problem, some folks got a bit pissy about it because they had a hard time getting those, and the re-sellers were kind of taking the piss with them a bit (I saw a signed one one up on Ebay for $1200 which is weird to me because we had about 100 in the warehouse ready to ship to stores). Ebay is kind of daft overall though, people just try it on a bit when they put stuff up, like I'm trying to get a Richard Corben book at the moment that retailed for $30 when it came out, but people have it up for $300 cos it's out of print. I'm not paying that, and I'm sure I'll come across it at a yard sale or something one day. Same with a Tom Waits book by Anton Corbijn, it was $150 when it first released now it's $500 on Ebay, but they just kind of sit there for a couple of years until someone with that money comes by, and it sets a false precedent because people see it at that price and go "Oh it's on Ebay for $500, so it mush be worth $500) and its not the case, its just some mug trying it on.

Anyway, back to skateboards, I feel like we got more of everything on the initial run on this drop, Baker Boys does all the production and ordering and with the success of the last one I'm hoping that we're going to have plenty to go around on everything this time.

Expand Quote
[close]

The curbkiller 2 sold out pretty fast. But lucky a kind skateshop owner kept 1 for me. Those pink fade 9.5 symmetrical does look good too..

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
« Reply #1454 on: February 03, 2022, 01:38:37 AM »

Hectic one. Was given a free set of slime balls by a friend and remembered I was sitting on a frog egg board of the exact same colour so I frankensteined this thing together. Will probably turn this into a cruiser with wider wheels after a few sessions so it doesn't look as magic carpety and throw the wheels onto a street setup if they skate well.

Frog 8.8 (with very aggressive taper)
Indy 139 hangers, ace baseplates, blue indy bottom bushing, bones medium tops (made this with a bunch of leftover parts for a zip zinger and it actually feels very very good)
54mm 99a slimeballs
Probably a mix of swiss, reds and super reds
Jessup
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 01:31:25 PM by tzhangdox »

Frank and Fred

« Reply #1455 on: February 03, 2022, 07:29:08 AM »
I appreciate a good carpet/ rug/ mat coordination with a set up snap. I'm sure magical things will happen for you on that ride.

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
« Reply #1456 on: February 03, 2022, 03:03:46 PM »
sick purp set up

Hectic one. Was given a free set of slime balls by a friend and remembered I was sitting on a frog egg board of the exact same colour so I frankensteined this thing together. Will probably turn this into a cruiser with wider wheels after a few sessions so it doesn't look as magic carpety and throw the wheels onto a street setup if they skate well.

Indy 139 hangers, ace baseplates, blue indy bottom bushing, bones medium tops (made this with a bunch of leftover parts for a zip zinger and it actually feels very very good)
54mm 99a slimeballs
Jessup
Dude this set up goes so hard, I would just keep running it if I were you. That frog shape looks amazing and I love that graphic. I regret not getting one when these dropped last year!

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
« Reply #1457 on: February 03, 2022, 03:34:14 PM »
Expand Quote
sick purp set up

54mm 99a slimeballs
Jessup
[close]
Dude this set up goes so hard, I would just keep running it if I were you. That frog shape looks amazing and I love that graphic. I regret not getting one when these dropped last year!

Thanks! I'll see how I feel about it after a week. Usually eggs are just novelty boards for me when I don't want to skate my serious setup. I do a lot of long grinds/slides so the tapered kicks make my feet drag too much on ledges (size 13 :( ).

It'll definitely be super fun as a low expectations, chill session setup though

zozu

• Rep: 122
« Reply #1458 on: February 03, 2022, 03:56:21 PM »
Looks like Cromer is testing an egg shaped Krooked on his story. Ive been wanting to try a smaller egg like this forever.

user18081971

« Reply #1459 on: February 03, 2022, 04:03:08 PM »
Looks like a symmetrical version of his lil snuff shape, similar to Didrik Galasso’s enjoi shape

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1460 on: February 03, 2022, 07:06:01 PM »
Might be the camera or the pic stretched a touch but those kicks look super long for the width.

The other DLX egg of medium sizes have such tiny tails, but that one looks a lot more normal in overall length.

That Lil Snuff shape was about that so I wonder if that might be coming back again at some point.

Some had it at 8.38 x 31.7 14.12 wb from a post a while back.

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=112022.0

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1461 on: February 03, 2022, 07:25:52 PM »

The Lil Snuff shape reminds me a lot of a smaller version of the Cardiel Huffer, or at least looking at this pic and putting it over the Huffer shape, it is pretty close.

Something about having a board sitting vertically is easier to look at than diagonally or horizontally, at least in this case.

https://www.nativeskatestore.co.uk/skateboards-c7/skateboard-decks-c23/cromer-tawker-lil-snuff-football-shape-skateboard-deck-8-38-p38315

notinternetfamous

« Reply #1462 on: February 04, 2022, 07:16:30 AM »

I sent him a DM and here are the dimensions of the sample! it seems he wanted to maintain the same wb as the standard 8.06 shape to keep it consistent.

8.25" x 31.82" // 14.38"

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
« Reply #1463 on: February 04, 2022, 02:18:30 PM »

I sent him a DM and here are the dimensions of the sample! it seems he wanted to maintain the same wb as the standard 8.06 shape to keep it consistent.

8.25" x 31.82" // 14.38"
lol I also dm'ed him about that board and he mentioned to me that it's not really a football shape and he was going for an "old girl board type shape." It's really sick that he takes the time of his day to interact with regular people like us!

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1464 on: February 04, 2022, 03:50:49 PM »
Expand Quote

8.25" x 31.82" // 14.38"
[close]
lol I also dm'ed him about that board and he mentioned to me that it's not really a football shape and he was going for an "old girl board type shape." It's really sick that he takes the time of his day to interact with regular people like us!

Yeah!  For sure.

I think a lot of people would be keen to try that shape out, even those who prefer shorter wheelbases.

The width and length alone are right where most people like their boards, it would seem.

DeepSpace9mm

• Rep: 100
« Reply #1465 on: February 07, 2022, 02:48:28 PM »

Looks like there’s football or eggy shape in the new Polar drop.

broke_since96

• Rep: 3
« Reply #1466 on: February 08, 2022, 12:47:26 PM »
I remember reading somewhere that Australia's getting a Heroin Egg in March. I wonder if it will be a new shape or just a new graphic on a current shape.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
« Reply #1467 on: February 08, 2022, 12:49:29 PM »
I remember reading somewhere that Australia's getting a Heroin Egg in March. I wonder if it will be a new shape or just a new graphic on a current shape.

same shape but upside down graphic

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1468 on: February 08, 2022, 01:53:12 PM »

From page 47

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=100279.1380

Expand Quote
the Oz exclusive Emu Egg

[close]

What??  Details please im very intrigued?

Also this from that post about the AU Exclusive

Gonna be available in two sizes.
The perfect egg 9.125 and the 10.0 very big egg.

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #1469 on: February 08, 2022, 02:17:48 PM »
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.