Author Topic: Egg Shaped Boards  (Read 224928 times)

con_hielo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 32
Re: Egg Shaped Boards
« Reply #1590 on: March 12, 2022, 09:53:48 PM »
What percentage of the time do you all skate your egg compared to your regular ride? Or is an egg your daily

Huffer 4 ever

bombsaway86

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #1591 on: March 12, 2022, 10:19:52 PM »
Expand Quote
What percentage of the time do you all skate your egg compared to your regular ride? Or is an egg your daily
[close]

Huffer 4 ever

Same here. Felt a bit small coming from a 9” popsicle, but got used to it after a few sessions. I’m really enjoying it as my daily driver now

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #1592 on: March 13, 2022, 01:01:31 PM »

If I’m down realllly bad, I’ll skate a 9” popsicle. But as it stands I horde and stockpile shit to hopefully never run into that position again. As it stands now, I have one 9” popsicle in the stash, and the odds of me actually skating it are slim to none because I consistently am buying decks. By choice, I will never skate a popsicle if a shaped board is available.

Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
« Reply #1593 on: March 14, 2022, 02:58:10 AM »
That's a nice stack @Freelancevagrant

Ditch Witch I see you in there..

Is the 9popsicle that DOA graphic i see hiding in there?

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1594 on: March 14, 2022, 03:12:36 AM »
That's a nice stack @Freelancevagrant

Ditch Witch I see you in there..

Is the 9popsicle that DOA graphic i see hiding in there?
Thank you!

Yeah, the ditch witch was a gift from my wife, haven’t decided if I’m going to skate it yet. It’s so short and I’m not really wanting to skate something that’s going to make my skating substantially worse.

Good eye! The 9” is that DOA, I was thinking I might set up that DOA next to get it outta the way.

And yes

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1124
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1595 on: March 17, 2022, 09:57:38 AM »
Alright all you eggheads, I think i'm going to give one a shot as my AH Blue Meanie is just about toast. there's good sales on both the AH Cardial Mezcalero Huffer and the Enjoi Jackson Pilz Andre the Giant egg. The enjoi is more traditional egg, the Huffer is a bit of a hybrid shape but I know people really like it.

Help me out, what should I do?

djoekr

• Rep: 300
« Reply #1596 on: March 17, 2022, 10:06:41 AM »
Alright all you eggheads, I think i'm going to give one a shot as my AH Blue Meanie is just about toast. there's good sales on both the AH Cardial Mezcalero Huffer and the Enjoi Jackson Pilz Andre the Giant egg. The enjoi is more traditional egg, the Huffer is a bit of a hybrid shape but I know people really like it.

Biggest difference is probably the wheelbase, so choose accordingly. I had never tried anything above 14.5 before so I was hesitant to try the Huffer but I'm really glad I took the plunge. Immediately got another after riding it once and I'm still loving it to this day. I'm kinda biased so take this with a grain of salt but I'd vouch for the Huffer.
Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #1597 on: March 17, 2022, 10:16:39 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Biggest difference is probably the wheelbase, so choose accordingly. I had never tried anything above 14.5 before so I was hesitant to try the Huffer but I'm really glad I took the plunge. Immediately got another after riding it once and I'm still loving it to this day. I'm kinda biased so take this with a grain of salt but I'd vouch for the Huffer.

Blue meanie has a 14.75” wheelbase so that too would speak for the Huffer IMO.

djoekr

« Reply #1598 on: March 17, 2022, 10:33:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Blue meanie has a 14.75” wheelbase so that too would speak for the Huffer IMO.

Oh yeah totally forgot about that. If you'd like a slightly tweaked version of the Meanie with a steeper nose and a blunt-ish tail then definitely go for the Huffer. It's probably gonna feel kinda similair so it isn't that much of a departure of what you're used to.
Skateboarding is a joke

It's not that serious -

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1599 on: March 17, 2022, 11:38:14 AM »
Huffer might be the way to go then. I've been egg-curious but some of the pointier noises really make me nervous. Huffer might be a good way to dip my toes in, especially coming off the Blue Meanie which I've really liked. Thanks friends.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
  • Just deck / woodshop info
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1600 on: March 17, 2022, 04:15:19 PM »
Huffer might be the way to go then. I've been egg-curious but some of the pointier noises really make me nervous. Huffer might be a good way to dip my toes in, especially coming off the Blue Meanie which I've really liked. Thanks friends.

It really is a much better tail on the Huffer too, when compared to the short tapered tails on a lot of the egg boards that some people find difficult to skate.

If you ever get the chance to see any in person, you would notice this right away.

For many though, this is actually a draw card that makes an egg shaped board more to their liking, when compared to a normal popsicle tail or a big square tail shape - the complete opposite there.

The Huffer works on a number of levels to accommodate more all round everything - more normal tail, decent width in the rail area, functional nose while still being tapered, etc.

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1601 on: March 17, 2022, 06:19:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It really is a much better tail on the Huffer too, when compared to the short tapered tails on a lot of the egg boards that some people find difficult to skate.

If you ever get the chance to see any in person, you would notice this right away.

For many though, this is actually a draw card that makes an egg shaped board more to their liking, when compared to a normal popsicle tail or a big square tail shape - the complete opposite there.

The Huffer works on a number of levels to accommodate more all round everything - more normal tail, decent width in the rail area, functional nose while still being tapered, etc.

Pulled the trigger. Excited to set it up. I’ve got some new Ace AF1 66s to try on it too, should be a fun surfy setup.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1602 on: March 19, 2022, 10:11:55 AM »
Looks like there’s a new Jason Adams egg shape coming soon https://thesellerdoor.com/shop/jason-adams-suffer-ltd-edition-package/

Frank and Fred

« Reply #1603 on: March 19, 2022, 10:37:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Pulled the trigger. Excited to set it up. I’ve got some new Ace AF1 66s to try on it too, should be a fun surfy setup.

You might be surprised at how nimble of a board it is, even at that size.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1604 on: March 19, 2022, 12:23:13 PM »
Cross posting from the set up thread.

9.25 heroin symmetrical egg 14.25” wb
Film 165/6.1 trucks
Spitfire f4 54mm conical fulls 99a
Bones big balls
Jessup

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1605 on: March 19, 2022, 04:04:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

You might be surprised at how nimble of a board it is, even at that size.

Oh definitely. I’m considering setting it up initially with some 52-53mm wheels and a single rail and using it as a do it all board for a bit. Super excited to play around with it.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1606 on: March 19, 2022, 05:02:20 PM »
Looks like there’s a new Jason Adams egg shape coming soon https://thesellerdoor.com/shop/jason-adams-suffer-ltd-edition-package/

That one is nice.

Similar to the Think Skateboards 1992 board in shape, with the updated graphic of the burning figure.

Some good pics of that one here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224448318165

Interesting to see it was approximately 9.25 x 32.6 as well - similar to the Huffer?

I wonder if this will be released for the normal market too, after the limited editions are sold out and all gone.

bombsaway86

• Rep: 162
« Reply #1607 on: March 19, 2022, 08:22:53 PM »

New huffer in the spring drop. That beach bummer looks fun too

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1608 on: March 20, 2022, 06:14:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If I’m down realllly bad, I’ll skate a 9” popsicle. But as it stands I horde and stockpile shit to hopefully never run into that position again. As it stands now, I have one 9” popsicle in the stash, and the odds of me actually skating it are slim to none because I consistently am buying decks. By choice, I will never skate a popsicle if a shaped board is available.

awesome stack of boards..

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1609 on: March 20, 2022, 06:17:08 AM »

New huffer in the spring drop. That beach bummer looks fun too

i've always wanted to try that beach bummer deck..

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1610 on: March 20, 2022, 04:05:37 PM »

I almost didn't realise that the Beach Bum had been changed to the Beach Bummer, which is a much more versatile shape now, with dimensions:

Beach Bummer - 10 x 31.5 with a 14.6 wheelbase

Beach Bum - 9.55 x 30.5 with a 14.2 wheelbase

beandemon

• Rep: 181
« Reply #1611 on: March 20, 2022, 05:01:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That one is nice.

Similar to the Think Skateboards 1992 board in shape, with the updated graphic of the burning figure.

Interesting to see it was approximately 9.25 x 32.6 as well - similar to the Huffer?

I wonder if this will be released for the normal market too, after the limited editions are sold out and all gone.

I’m fairly confident it would be the same shape as the Reuter egg.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1612 on: March 21, 2022, 03:26:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

That one is nice.

[close]

I’m fairly confident it would be the same shape as the Reuter egg.

Looks about right.

https://thesellerdoor.com/shop/jason-adams-ltd-suffer-eyes-board-print-package/

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1613 on: March 22, 2022, 07:14:38 PM »

This popped up this morning.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #1614 on: March 22, 2022, 09:02:52 PM »
Anyone seen a real emu egg? Missed opportunity graphics wise.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1615 on: March 22, 2022, 09:43:41 PM »

This popped up this morning.

That’s so cool, especially with the purple stain. I’m jealous for you Australians.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1616 on: March 23, 2022, 03:27:57 AM »
I would do unspeakable things for this deck. Any Aussie pals know how much it would be to ship one to the states?

djoekr

« Reply #1617 on: March 23, 2022, 03:39:34 AM »
The pink and purple stains look absolutely amazing. The things I'd do for one of those 9.125s... Been looking for that one since I snapped my Razor Egg. Hoping there might be an EU exclusive someday.
Skateboarding is a joke

It's not that serious -

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1618 on: March 23, 2022, 07:46:52 AM »
I would do unspeakable things for this deck. Any Aussie pals know how much it would be to ship one to the states?

Between the AU $140 RRP and pretty high shipping ($40 or so, or more for express / air last time I checked), even with the well placed USD compared to the AUD, it is just a bit of a struggle all round.

Say it is between AU $180 to $200 then the exchange rate brings it down to US $108 to $120 that is twice what you would pay there in a local shop for almost the same deck.

I don't think it is worth that much, but that is just me.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1619 on: March 23, 2022, 08:09:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Between the AU $140 RRP and pretty high shipping ($40 or so, or more for express / air last time I checked), even with the well placed USD compared to the AUD, it is just a bit of a struggle all round.

Say it is between AU $180 to $200 then the exchange rate brings it down to US $108 to $120 that is twice what you would pay there in a local shop for almost the same deck.

I don't think it is worth that much, but that is just me.

Also you’d have to pay the VAT on that whole price and possibly even customs, at least in the EU.